de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis
217 E Street
Davis, CA 95616Neighborhood:
Gastro PubPrice: $30 and under
de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.deverespub.com/
- Phone: 5302045533
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast/Brunch: Sa-Su 9:00am-2:00pm
Lunch: Daily 11:00am-4:00pm
Dinner: M-W 4:00pm-10:00pm
Dinner: Th-Sa 4:00pm-11:00pm
Dinner: Su 4:00pm-9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Gastro Pub
- Executive Chef: Wesley Nilssen
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis
The de Vere White family welcomes you to our pubs, where we hope you"ll find your home away from home. We come from a long line of Irish innovators—publicans, brewers, writers, and more—and we strive to keep the family tradition alive through our authentic establishments.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerKid Friendly
de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis - Best Restaurants in Davis ›
de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis reviews from OpenTable diners
10 reviews since June 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
great for outdoor dining (8)good for groups (6)neighborhood gem (4)great for brunch (3)kid-friendly (3)vibrant bar scene (3)hot spot (2)great for lunch (2)fit for foodies (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- Great Brunch SpotalieDined on 8/23/2014Corned beef and potatoes was delicious. Our server was really friendlySpecial Features:
- Nice going away partyJonathanDined on 8/22/2014Had a mini party for a person working for me who is leaving. Group sat outside including my young kids. Really great service and food.Special Features:
- Great table againfreedom212121Dined on 8/1/2014This was the second time I made a reservation for a Friday night with family and was extremely satisfied with the location of our table. I highly recommend using Open Table for making a reservation at this restaurant. The food is varied and delicious!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great table!freedom212121Dined on 7/11/2014We had dined here twice before on Thursday evenings. Wanted to share this place with more of our family, on a Friday night. Made reservations through Open Table (first time). Was delightfully surprised with a great table! We love the food and they have a friendly and attentive service staff. We look forward to more dining experiences here with family and friends!Special Features:
- happy placekendieDined on 7/8/2014Good place... quality food -- has outdoor seating so one can watch passerbyes.... as one might in Europe (which I like!!). They have a Guiness Float - which I have had... and can recommend when it is very hot!!!Special Features:
- The following 81 reviews are from the de Vere's Irish Pub - Davis reviews archive.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/15/2014I thought the food was not quite up to par. The service and the friendliness were tremendous. We could hear one another's conversation.Special Features:
- Great place for a group lunch!morewineplzDined on 6/15/2014Our son Graduated from UC Davis and we had a party of 10 for lunch after the graduation ceremony. Good Irish Pub food; lots of fun & beers. The waitresses were personable and attentive. We sat outside and had a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- O'Tasty!JARMDined on 6/15/2014DeVere's always serves up a unique and fun blend of flavors. Going there, however, you should know that you're going to get British food so don't expect a lot of conservative American choices if you're not in the mood for potatoes, sausage, and a menu item topped with an egg. There are a lot of different things to choose from though, and it's the perfect place to try out that dish you've always wondered about before booking that trip to London you've always wanted to take!Special Features:
- Swarmed by soccer fansAminDined on 6/14/2014Went here for my graduation dinner. I had reservations months in advance and I get there and they had stuck us in a jammed corner surrounded by screaming soccer fans yelling at the television directly above my father's head. Other than that the food was great and the waiter was wonderful though the first half he had to squeeze back and forth through the obnoxious soccer fans. They really need to be a lot smarter in regards to the way they seat people i.e. according to what they are there for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Irish TavernVirgocookVIPDined on 6/14/2014This is a nice place to meet and have a bite. Cozy surroundings if you are away from the TVs with sports broadcast. Drinks are good, although the bloody Marys are definitely HOT - so watch out. This last time we went in the afternoon, which meant a more limited menu but the food was still good. Not much for pescatarians in the afternoon though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Graduation Day LunchAdrienneDined on 6/14/2014Lunch after my daughter's UC Davis graduation was great. The food was hearty and delicious. Our server was friendly and attentive (even with a packed restaurant). I'm glad we chose de Vere's to celebrate this special day....casual and great food!Special Features:
- Wonderful!UCMomDined on 6/14/2014Management was great in accommodating me for a celebration lunch. After making the original reservation on OpenTable, I called back several times to change the time and number of diners. Each time, the reaction of the staff was friendly with a "can do" attitude. I deeply appreciate this, as it was at the last-minute and I was coming in from the Bay Area. The food and especially the service was great, and the patio was enjoyable. I can't wait to go back to try the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food for a pub!CandVVIPDined on 6/13/2014Took my daughter here, at her request, after graduation. They were very accommodating of me - I changed the reservation a few times, including going from 7 to 10 people, then asked to move from 7PM to 6PM. Everyone who answered the phone or dealt with us in person was very friendly and happy to help us. Such a nice switch from the Bay Area! :) The beer is excellent. The wine selection limited but good. I told the waitress what I was looking for in a wine and she made an excellent recommendation. Food ranges from standard pub food like fish and chips to wild salmon served over barley with spinach that was excellent. Service was fabulous. Over all we were very happy to have made the choice to come here after graduation. :)Special Features:
- Great food, drink, and wait staff!DemonDreamZDined on 5/24/2014Had such a great, first experience. The hostess was pleasant and apologized for the brief wait since we changed our mind and chose outside seating. The waiter was super helpful, very knowledgeable with both the bar and food menus, and super attentive. I would definitely recommend this place and stop by again myself.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfastWineteamDined on 5/24/2014I made a reservation for 6 people on a weekend in the morning. Two of us were seated right away while we waited for the others. Service was attentive. Great Bloody Marys. Staff was good about waiting for the rest of the group. Once all was there service continued to be good. Food was sold running from waffles with fruit to egg and meat combinations. Some nice Irish touches to give the food a different and flavorful feel. I would recommend going. I have been before for dinner and both food and service have been consistent.Special Features:
- Dinner w/AaronneighborhoodgemDined on 5/23/2014It's always a treat to visit my son at UCD and even better when he treats me to dinner at a fun and tatilising meal at de Vere's Irish Pub. Their fish & chips is one of the best renditions! Delectible cod without a heavy "armour" like coating. Delish!Special Features:
- Not so great.LudwigDined on 5/15/2014Made reservation while visiting Davis and after reviewing menu's online. Sounded good, but doesn't nearly live up to expectations, nor does it match the quality of any of my local pubs(San Luis Obispo). Tried the skirt steak, ordered medium. Sent it back as it was blood rare. For $17 I was served maybe 4 oz of stringy, poorly cooked skirt steak (after recooking) sitting on a scoop of mashed potatoes and 5 asparagus spears. Asparagus was cooked well (not overcooked), potatoes were okay...but for $17 I expect a whole lot more. Service was barely adequate, although friendly and helpful when they did show up. When I sent the steak back for more cooking they offered me a bowl sunchoke soup (thoughtful!)which was too SALTY (and I love salt!).
- Fantastic form start to finish!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014We had a reservation at 11 am on Mother's Day, and arrived at 10:40 and were seated immediately. The restaurant was very crowded but we got out food very fast and the service was excellent. The food was great as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great breakfast!ScottyVIPDined on 5/3/2014Ate here at 9AM on a Saturday morning. It was pretty quiet, so we had our choice of table. Selected one on the patio. Service was prompt and very pleasant. Food was delivered nice & hot, and was tasty.Special Features:
- Another great experienceJoshDined on 4/30/2014Second time eating here and we had a great time. Party of 9 and they were very accomodating. Sat outside and really enjoyed the view and ambiance. Pet friendly as well!Special Features:
- Best Bloody Mary ever!CwlgroupVIPDined on 4/26/2014Breakfast in a glass complete with a slice of crispy bacon. Nice and spicy with lots of veggies! Great place to grab a bite while watching the game. Our BLT was yummy and huge! We'll definitely come back again!Special Features:
- Great all aroundDavisfolksVIPDined on 4/9/2014Great for beer, food, service. Incredible options, great Irish food and amazing service. They seem to work in teams so someone is always around to get more water, take an extra order, or get you more drinks. We sat outside on a beautiful night which was really enjoyable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- St. Patrick didn't slow servicegarlandDined on 3/17/2014I enjoyed the food a lot (Irish Stew, Lox w/ Bread, Lamb Sliders, and Crispy Bread Pudding) but I was probably more impressed with the speed. The whole place was incredibly packed (it's an Irish pub on St. Patty's day, obviously!), but the reservation had us seated within seconds! Our server was very courteous and all-in-all it was a good experience! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- deVere's DaviskokomomDined on 3/17/2014Shepherd's pie was great. Staff very accomodating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Birthday Lunch!SannraDeeDined on 3/15/2014My parents and fiancé took me here for my Birthday. Since my birthday is in March, near St. Patrick's day, we thought this would be the perfect place. The food was GREAT but it took awhile. We were in the restaurant around 12, and I think it's their slow time, so I'm not sure why the food took so long. Even so, I would definitely come here again. Our waiter was courteous and charming. We all got deserts even though it was lunch time. My Dad really enjoyed the Irish Coffee he ordered. I had a burger and it was juicy and HUGE. I gave 4 stars for ambiance because the restaurant is dark. We sat in the middle of the restaurant so it could be brighter near the windows. I gave 3 stars for Service because like I said the food came out very slow.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish Gem!OhioStateGirlie323Dined on 3/14/2014Made reservations for a friend's birthday on a recommendation and we were not disappointed! Seated quickly and with a smile, had great beer selection and atmosphere made me feel like I was back vacationing in Ireland! Food choices were great! Had the best Reuben I've had in a long time - melted in my mouth! Appetizer of beer pretzel was just right for the 4 of us. Skirt steak, Shephard's Pie, and Bangers and Mash were right on as well! Was a bit loud towards the end of the evening, but other than that it was a great experience! We will definitely be back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We were there on a late afternoonChance4meVIPDined on 3/11/2014We were there on a late afternoon so it was quiet. We both had the daily soup and 1/2 a sandwich and it was tasty and a good value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Tasty pub foodParentvisitDined on 2/27/2014We were pleasantly surprised by the food and atmosphere. The fish and chips lacked the pea mash we had in London but was very good. Beet salad was very nice and the Irish stew was excellent. Loved the brown bread served with it. We would come here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- C Sisters Birthday CelebrationHiveMamaDined on 2/23/2014It was my birthday celebration with girl friends. All 7 women were very satisified! I had the Irish Bacon Eggs Benedict it was delicious! I also enjoyed the beverage Morning Glory. I plan to return and try some other dishes. The decor was very comfortable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Irish Fare with FlairOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 2/15/2014Our party ordered the This and That appetizer, the Skirt Steak, the Irish Stew, and the Bread Pudding. Everything that we had was very tasty. Also, I appreciated that the entrees were available in smaller portions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We LOVED ItRockyDined on 2/14/2014Selected Dever's for this year's Valentine outing. I had heard about it from a friend and thought this might be a good opportunity to give it a try. They were also offering a 3 course promotional dinner which we may want to try. The food offering was great as was the basic menu. We decided on the special and the food was great. While the menu offered traditional Irish Pub fare, there were aslo other "more sophisticated" type food of which the special was. We enjoyed all. The food and service was excellant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic duck, blue cheese saladKeithredDined on 2/14/2014HAVE AGAIN: the grilled duck, blue cheese salad was fabulous, as was the double chocolate cake. Wonderful dinner!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A good place to feel cozyOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/14/2014I like all of the dark wood in De Vere's. The library is especially cozy. Their beer and cider selection is good, and their whiskey selection is top-notch, including many rare whiskeys. The food is what you would expect from an Irish pub: heavy on the meat & potatoes, and on the salty side. There are some healthier and lighter soup & salad options. Last time we went, my vegetables were badly burned, and they still brought them out, so minus one star for that. We haven't been there for brunch yet, but we plan to try that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A gem in Davis.JackVIPDined on 2/14/2014This is an excelent place to meet friends for drinks and dinner. The perfect place not-too-far off the freeway on the way to/from Tahoe.Special Features:
- Nice atmosphereTARVIADined on 2/13/2014We enjoyed hanging out with friends, drinking delicious beer, and eating great food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Irish PubWine24VIPDined on 2/9/2014If you are in Davis and need to get a bite to eat with a nice pint. Must stop at De Vere's. Traditional fish & chips, and all the other great pub food. Awesome selection of Irish whiskey's too. Very rare bottles that can't be purchased anywhere in the world.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Shepherd pieOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 1/26/2014The shepherd pie was awful. I tried salt and that didn't help. I bit into a hot pepper. I avoid all hot ingredients. I told Daniel I couldn't eat it. She brought me the spinach salad and it saved the day. The cook could go on the internet and get a better recipe or eliminate it from the menue. Our waitress was very kind to us. I called your phone number 2 times and it hung up both times after I pressed 0. I'm glad you sent this email. the pictures were so entertaining. Re.noise level, We couldn't hear my sister talking a few times so she talked louder. The atmosphere was energenic. I had a good time and will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodBondibillDined on 1/7/2014Bought some friends from overseas and we went there last week and they asked to come back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- New Year's EveLovesToEatOutDined on 12/31/2013I was able to make a reservation on New Year's Eve! We chose an early time because we were hungry. The Lamb Sliders and Mac and Cheese are our favorites. Both items were once again extremely good. The table they had reserved for us was a lousy table so we asked for another one and were given it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not badvh007VIPDined on 12/17/2013We went here to have a group lunch with friends, eight of us. The food is good and service is pretty good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.