De La Torre's Trattoria
6025 W. Las Positas Blvd
Pleasanton, CA 94588Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
De La Torre's Trattoria
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.delatorres.net/
- Phone: 925-484-3878
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am - 2:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 9:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Italian
- Executive Chef: Thomas De La Torre
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Beer, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: From simple and easy, ready-to-serve take out trays, to full service banquets and buffets, and everything in between, we offer custom catering services for all occasions.
- Private Party Contact: Tom or Leigh De La Torre 925-484-3878
A word from De La Torre's Trattoria
De La Torre's is a quintessential Italian trattoria. Our recipe is not a secret- we prepare and serve delicious food using quality ingredients. The menu is distinctly Italian offering trattoria classics and our hallmark special menu which changes daily to accentuate the freshness of locally grown produce, naturally raised meats and freshly caught fish presented in numerous creative dishes. The wine list showcases exceptional and unusual varietals from small producers and family wineries in Italy and in California. The service is friendly, efficient and professional. Simply put, we feature delectable food at a fair price, food people want to eat everyday.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
De La Torre's Trattoria - Best Restaurants in Pleasanton ›
De La Torre's Trattoria reviews from OpenTable diners
52 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (34)special occasion (13)great for lunch (11)kid-friendly (10)fit for foodies (10)good for groups (9)notable wine list (7)romantic (4)hot spot (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 1st time visitschwshejDined on 9/27/2014We were looking for something different than our normal routine stops. This place had good reviews and the reviews were accurate. We will be back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2EatLuvFoodDined on 9/19/2014Great specials menu. And they also have fish on the specials menu.Special Features:
- Birthday Dinner for Momcmp143Dined on 9/18/2014I took my Mom to De La Torre's for her birthday. She loves going there for the ribs but she had the special that night of Sword fish. I tried the Top sirloin rapped in Bacon. How can anyone say no to bacon. The waiter was excellent. He made my Mom blush and told us about his birthday being the next day. He was very attentive and the food was out of this world delicious. Truly enjoyed the meal and the atmosphere. Completely reasonable prices. Felt like I went to SF but didn't have to fight the traffic or the bridge.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent foodAnthillDined on 9/17/2014Enjoyed it very much. The service was excellent. The food was delicious. Very nice experience. An excellent choice for taking my out of town guests.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Food was excellent, my sisters and enjoyed dining at De La Torre's. We would certainly go back. MaribelSpecial Features:
- Never disappointsTerrybDined on 9/11/2014This is simply fine dining at a moderate price. Great menu choices and a relaxing ambiance. It's at the top of my list in Pleasanton.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HofameVIPDined on 9/6/2014Very good pizzas, calzone, and pasta. Italian home cooking like a neighborhood trattoria in, say, Lucca. Avoid the veal, but the specials are usually good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Luv2EatLuvFoodDined on 9/5/2014They have a great Specials menu. They even have fish on the Specials menu.Special Features:
- VernieDined on 8/28/2014We went with a small group & enjoyed the evening. Everyone was pleased with their choices.Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceNaddaDined on 8/23/2014The food and staff made this a very enjoyable evening for the two of us. A must for anyone using Open Table as a fantastic Pleasanton dinner spot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvFoodLuvFoodDined on 8/22/2014This place has a great menu with many specials including fish specials.Special Features:
- Anniversary dinnerLike2dineDined on 8/16/2014Came with family to celebrate an important wedding anniversary. Received very good service and a nice table. On top of that, received a surprise by getting a very nice dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Forgotten GemMomO2Dined on 8/16/2014I'd forgotten about De La Torre's but needed a last minute reservation on a Saturday night to celebrate our oldest off to college. I grabbed the last reservation 45 minutes before we arrived. The food was great as always as was the service. Really glad it popped up on Yelp as I was scrambling for a restaurant.Special Features:
- Find in PleasantonEastBayExplorerDined on 8/5/2014We were anxious to find a nice restaurant near the Courtyard Marriott on Hopyard, since we were meeting our Granddaughter from LA there for dinner. De La Torre's filled the bill perfectly. I'd never had "Scalone" steaks before, but would love to again! (A mixture of scallops and abalone ground and in patties). Our other dishes were also excellent. Portions were quite generous, and we enjoyed the leftovers the next two days.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time...OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/2/2014this was our first time there. friends had highly recommended it. we were very pleased with the service and food as well..wife said wine was very good..lolSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Just OKWaterladyDined on 8/2/2014Reviews on Trip Advisor prompted me to reserve here. It was ok, but nothing special. I had the osso bucco; it was dull, not much flavor...it tasted exactly like what it was - a boiled ham hock. No warm, comfort food taste, ho hum. My husband had the steak...he always does! I had a bite and it was a bit overdone and like my food, pretty boring. We shared the warm gooey cake/gelato dessert, which fit in with the rest of the meal.
- LuvFoodLuvFoodDined on 8/1/2014This place has a great specials menu. Also, has fish on the specials menu.Special Features:
- Solid Italian-Amer foodjaz2020VIPDined on 7/22/2014DLT is one of the last bastions of It/Amer food, the kind one used to get in SF's North Beach but no longer. Soups are mediocre, salads too big for one, pasta cooked soft--but the ragus are tasty, meat/fish aren't overcooked, portions are generous. Risotto w/pork ragu was delicious, fish filet with macadamia crust was lovely. Fried calamari was a little overdone, making it chewy, but a sublime tartar sauce tipped it to the good side. Panettone bread pudding was delightful, soft and custardy as we like it. The cooking seems a little better at dinner than at lunch, but lunch is quieter while offering the same good service.Special Features:
- LuvFoodLuvFoodDined on 7/18/2014Great specials menu. The specials menu also has fish.Special Features:
- Luv2EatLuvFoodDined on 7/3/2014This restaurant also has a great specials menu. Also have fish specials.Special Features:
- Great little findSjsmDined on 7/2/2014We were looking for a restaurant to meet family at a half way point in the city of Pleasanton. Originally we were headed for Main St but in making a reservation found that the first Wednesday of the month the street was closed. Looked in outlying areas and found this off the beaten path in a strip mall. Food was excellent. Great fish and risotto. Nice wine list and staff was pleasant. Would meet here again if we wanted to repeat restaurants.Special Features:
- Neighborhood gemGregDined on 6/27/2014I recently ate at DLT for the first time. All aspects of the experience were good. This restaurant is tucked away in a shopping center between a grocery store and deli, but don't let that keep you away.Special Features:
- Amazing SpecialsTracySVIPDined on 6/24/2014Food was delicious and service was great. Daily ravioli and risotto specials, as well as others make the menu work. Squash ravioli was yummy. Nice ambience...don't let the strip mall location put you off.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DrSweerDined on 6/21/2014We've been here several times and are never disappointed.Special Features:
- LuvFoodLuvFoodDined on 6/20/2014Great menu selection with a Great Specials menu that has many fish selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st date & 1st time: CHARM!NicoLiscioudVIPDined on 6/16/2014I was surprised this place is by a grocery store but the food & service took it right out of my mind. Superb polenta fries (laches salt, but given people's dietary concerns, I understood), awesome Caprese w/balsamic, and a filet mignon that rivaled my favorite steakhouse! All told, this place is a gem!!!! I'd love to see them in a space with a patio.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LunchOliverDined on 6/16/2014Had a great meal. Good service and we could hear ourselves talk and we're not rushed out.Special Features:
- consistent & reliabletossDined on 6/11/2014We have been going to De La Torre's for almost 20 years. Never had a bad meal, or poor service. Its close to home, and just a great neighborhood restaurant. It is one of our favorites in the Pleasanton area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 269 reviews are from the De La Torre's Trattoria reviews archive.
- LuvFoodLuvFoodDined on 5/30/2014This restaurant has great fresh fish. Also has a long list of specials.Special Features:
- A Pleasanton Fave!TessDined on 5/30/2014We like this restaurant because it is warm and Italian. The food is always good and makes us feel like we're lost in Rome down an alleyway, sitting at a table at sunset, eating authentic Italian fare. The waiters are always friendly and the room is inviting with its Italian décor and comfortable seating. What a great place to visit over and over again.Special Features:
- Love it loveitlovers2Dined on 5/16/2014Absolutely loved it, I will be going again. The food, the wine, and the whole environment just just perfect date night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big portions, homestyle cookingJudyDined on 5/15/2014Four of us had lunch at the restaurant - which was easy to get to, and in a strip mall so parking was very convenient. The staff and food were very good. The food isn't gourmet, but it is like very good home cooking. The portions are large. All in all we were all quite happy with the place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good ole Italian ambianceFrGuidoDined on 5/15/2014I grew up at Ann's Cafe in Oakland, CA. Our family ran a restaurant like this before Momma retired after 43 years. I am back home again every time I come here and what a way to end a meal with the inspiring coach madden who love this place more than life itself. I come here over and over again and will be going. This place is very special! The customer is treated like family and the food is excellent and priced fairly!Special Features:
- Cramped, Great food for some, LoudLoveEastCoastItalianDined on 5/9/2014Seating was too cramped. True Italian style food was great. Fish not so great. Very loud. This was a Friday night at 8pm.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st experienceGrumpsonDined on 5/2/2014We have lived in the neighborhood for many years but had never dined here until Fri. evening. We were very pleased with our meals and service and definitely will be back.Special Features:
- Quiet diningNancamDined on 4/9/2014This was a nice find while traveling. Wonderful food and service, and a quiet atmosphere. We could have conversation without shouting across the table. Relaxing and nice from beginning to end. The food was very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotTrnrmomVIPDined on 3/29/2014Its been a few years, so we were curious how this restaurant was faring. We had enjoyed our first dinner there on a quiet weeknight. We were a little apprehensive about the noise level since we wanted to visit and catch up. We were seated promptly, and menus and bread were immediately produced. The noise level was moderate, and service was excellent despite a full restaurant. We noted that empty tables were promptly filled. Oh, and the food - superb - monkfish, spaghetti, tortellini and veal dishes were all declared excellent. Only thing lacking, perhaps, were vegetables with the entrees which were served Italian style with no accompaniments. It is a simple remedy to order your favorite veggie on the side.Special Features:
- Don't judge a book by the coverBirdhouseDined on 3/25/2014I must say, I booked this online thru Open Table and when I arrived, I was horrified. The front looks like it could be a laundry mat... I was impressed by the staff and their understanding of the menu and attentiveness. I had a Cesar with calamari and it was exactly what I wanted. Someone at the table next to me had a calzone and it looked impressive and the smell was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Don't judge a spot by the front.DonJulioDined on 3/18/2014De La Torre's Trattoria is a small busy spot in Pleasanton. The food was good but the amount and price played the opposite game, the less food on the plate, the more expensive it was! I asked for medium-rare to rare steak but got a well done little round puck. My wife loved the Lasagna and my friend were ok with their selections but no to write home! It seems that they only have one waiter for all those tables and he dissappeared everytime I needed something, but he tried hard! I'll recommend the place and give them another chance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- all the elementsArbyDined on 2/24/2014The food choices were very good. Excellent wine list without being too long. The wait staff were friendly and knew when to be there and when NOT to be there (that is often difficult for some to get right). Very excellent dishes of pasta (both pesto and marinara styles), shrimp, scallops, sausage .... all excellent. I would definitely go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.