d'Carlo Italian Cuisine
3300 Oak Lawn Ave. Suite #110
Dallas, TX 75219Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
d'Carlo Italian Cuisine
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dcarloitalian.com/
- Phone: 2144439420
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00 AM - 2:00 PM.
Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Cupertino Miranda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer catering for banquets or private functions of any kind.
- Private Party Facilities: The restaurant area features a dining room with seating for up to 100 people, and comfortable outside patio area. We also offer a private bar area that seats up to 20 people comfortably.
- Private Party Contact: Carlos Munoz 2144439420
- Entertainment: Live music on Saturday's. Solo artist bye the name of Serge Stodolnick plays a bit of Brazilian and American jazz.
A word from d'Carlo Italian Cuisine
d’Carlo Italian Cuisine is an easy to miss, hard to find neighborhood gem located on Oak Lawn Avenue in the heart of Dallas. Our customers enjoy our authentic Italian food recipes from Northern & Southern Italy, prepared with only the freshest meats, seafood, and other ingredients. We boast a wide selection of wines, most of which are requested by our customers as well as a unique collection of boutique wines representing the different regions of Italy. Our discreet, below-street dining room seats up to 100 people, with more room at the bar and a comfortable outside patio area.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
d'Carlo Italian Cuisine reviews from OpenTable diners
- This restaurant is out ofOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 6/23/2012This restaurant is out of business. Please remove from your list. We mada aspecial trip from Flower Mound just to find that it was out pf business!
- Wife and went knowing nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/5/2012Wife and went knowing nothing about the restaurant other than the Open Table reviews. We loved it. Fresh bread, amazing Scicilian salad, risotto, and veal. Owner Carlos came and talked to us and recommended the perfect bottle of wine. Highly recommended.Special Features:
- The shrimp and scallops wereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/31/2012The shrimp and scallops were chewy (over-cooked) and my partner's chicken Milanese was soggy and covered in cheese. Foccoccia bread was dry and flavorless. I had the house salad and there was nothing wrong with it, but also nothing really right about it. Honestly the worst dining experience I've had in a long time, especially considering the price point.
- We really love this quietOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 5/25/2012We really love this quiet neighborhood spot. New additions to the menu. Attentive service. Always a good meal. This will become a favorite for us!
- Food was great, but thereOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/22/2012Food was great, but there was nobody else there. Restaurant seems to be on a decline, or we caught a very unusual night (Tue night 7:30).Special Features:
- Nice atmosphere, great service,OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 4/28/2012Nice atmosphere, great service, good food!! The live music was nice - soothing, but not intrusive. Ribeye steak had lots of fat. It would be nice if they also offered filet mignon as a food choice.Special Features:
- I came here with a coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/20/2012I came here with a couple of friends before a formal event and d'Carlo exceeded my expectations. The service was second to none, the atmosphere was comfortable but classy enough that we didn't feel out of place dressed up, and the pricing was very reasonable. Both of the friends I came with asked the waitress for her business card so that they'd remember the restaurant's location and come back. I found it and drove so I remember well where it is and definitely intend to return with a date.Special Features:
- Food was disappointing thisOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/13/2012Food was disappointing this time, but still like the restaurantSpecial Features:
- We enjoyed every bit of ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/31/2012We enjoyed every bit of our dinner and the live, romantic music was really good.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood ItalianHungry777VIPDined on 3/23/2012Great neighborhood Italian joint. Always enjoy coming here.Special Features:
- An Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 3/1/2012I was there on a business trip and a few of the group decided to go there. We had no idea what to expect. It's on a just road but hidden a little and down a fight of stairs. . When we got there I wasnt filled with customers but after we ate there I realized that people are definitely MiSSING OUT! I'm from NY where the Italian food is to die for but let me say this, their food deserved to be right in the Heart of Littlle Italy.,Very Fresh! The Gnocci was great and I believe all the Pastas are made from scratch especially my favorite the Paperdella. . If your considering DiCarlo stop thinking about an GO! You will not be disappointed.Special Features:
- Stay away - Dallas has much betterLocalVIPDined on 2/23/2012The service was awful. The waitress was brand new - her first day and she was completely untrained. Despite the restaurant being empty neither the owner or the the other service people moved and inch to help her or us. The order was wrong, the food was all served at one time. This was a total disappointment.
- May be hard to find. Off theOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/22/2012May be hard to find. Off the street under the building.Special Features:
- Went here for Valentine'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2012Went here for Valentine's Day with wife. VERY small place, maybe 14, 15 tables in the whole place? Outside has a couple of places to eat, but it was very cold out. Hard to find, was coming north on street almost missed it, it's almost underground. (below street level). Parking was in back underground, free for 2 hrs.The for the 1st entree I had bowtie pasta, it was ok, not bad. She had these green raviolis, they were awesome! Problem is, there was only 2 of them. (fail!). 2nd entree was veil for me, which was a big portion. very filling. She had the the almond chicken, we both liked it. Pros: okay food (not great), romantic, slightly above average pricing. cons: small, close fit to other tables, hard to find, can hear EVERYONE.Special Features:
- This is an excellant unknownOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/13/2012This is an excellant unknown italian restaraunt which is unfortunately in a bad location hard to see and find. The good result is you can almost always get in.Special Features:
- Real ItalianOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/11/2012I had been to Daniele years ago and loved it and nothing has changed. The food is amazing and always done to perfection. We went for an early valentines dinner. The restaurant did the trick. Its on my list of restaurants for special occasions.Special Features:
- I had to postpone my dateOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/11/2012I had to postpone my date with my wife, but we are looking forward to making another attempt to schedule an evening there. Thank you
- We loved the food at thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/10/2012We loved the food at this restaurant. The server was very inattentive, and many times we had to flag him down to get more drinks or to even order dinner. The manager came to the table after dinner to ask how everything was. Overall we would go there again based on the food and ambiance.Special Features:
- Enjoyed our dinner just beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/9/2012Enjoyed our dinner just before the symphony - food was so goodSpecial Features:
- Carlo gave us fantastic, personalDandCDined on 2/1/2012Carlo gave us fantastic, personal service and the food was fantastic! This is a "must visit" in Dallas if you like very good Italian food!Special Features:
- This was a special two-coupleOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/28/2012This was a special two-couple night out and the experience was a delight. The food was wonderful and the service was perfect.Special Features:
- It was a bit strange. It'sBigtravelerVIPDined on 1/20/2012It was a bit strange. It's hard to find. When we arrived we were immediately seated. The place was not busy. One of our appetizers never arrived. When the meal was over, the check was dropped off. No mention of coffee, dessert, "how was the dinner?", nothing. Lot's of places to eat in Dallas so I doubt we'll be back. The food was decent.
- The ambience is nice but that'sOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/7/2012The ambience is nice but that's about it. The food is bland and overpriced.Special Features:
- Great location for a romanticOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/31/2011Great location for a romantic night out with your spouse or a special occasion with friends. I felt like I was in Sicily again.Special Features:
- Love this place. It was ourOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/24/2011Love this place. It was our first time and we will be back many times.Special Features:
- Very romantic; attentive serviceCBFoodieVIPDined on 12/10/2011Very romantic; attentive service and very tasty food.Special Features:
- Nice restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 11/30/2011We held a small company dinner of 12 people and food and service was great. I would encourage dining here for both a small intimate dinner to a group gathering.Special Features:
- He knew, and still went along.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/22/2011The kicker for this story is at the end. Took my parents there who love italian food. Slow night with only 2 other tables. Wiater brought the entries, and gave the one he handed to my dad an odd look. Didnt think anything of it becasue my dad didnt. Dad later told me the pasta in his dish was wrong. waiter obviously noticed and still served. Food was excellent, ordered coffee. Dads was decaff espresso. Waiter did not know what kind of beans used. Coffee was brought out by someone else from the kitchen, father made sure to ask if it was decaffe to which the person replied no and took it back. The waiter returned to say they dont carry decaff after he was caught. Kicker is, we found out later our waiter was the OWNER.
- Great surprise found on Open TableOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/18/2011Great find right on Oak Lawn at Hall. Had the tortellini with parmesan sauce, pancetta and mushrooms- fabulous. Girlfriend had the halibut special over mashed potatoes- also excellent. Took a chance on a Chianti on a suggestion from the waiter which we weren't thrilled about, but that's really the only complaint at all. Food and quiet atmosphere were fantastic.Special Features:
- good food-enuf with the singerTriggerVIPDined on 10/29/2011We enjoyed this restaurant very much. Our waiter was really attentive without being overbearing. The food was a little slow coming out of the kitchen, but they were having a big party and seemed a little understaffed. When it did arrive, the food was delicious. They have a nice variety of Italian dishes. The salad needed a tad bit more dressing, as it seemed a little on the dry side. My one complaint is that they had a man singing songs with a little portable piano. His piano playing was great, but his singing was not. If he would just play music and not sing, it would be better. His singing was too loud, but he had a great repertoire.Special Features:
- Food was great, although IOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/7/2011Food was great, although I though it was not a great value. Portion size was small for the price. They seemed to be under-staffed for a Friday night. The service was fine but not great.
- Good food, hard to find locationOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/12/2011Although our food was very good and they had an interesting menu, finding the restaurant was very tricky for me and the rest of our party, poor signage and directionc, even with GPS. We were the only customers that night so is it just slow? It did have great menu choices and if in the neighborhood I may consider returning but not to meet someone there just because I can't explain how to get there.Special Features:
- Nice Neighborhood RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/26/2011First of all, this restaurant needs better signage -- it's in a sunken patio that is not visible from the street. The restaurant is simply but nicely decorated -- no wall mural of Italy! The food is also simple, but quite tasty. The service was spectacular, and the prices were very good -- we took advantage of their August special, which was three courses and a glass of wine for $35.Special Features:
- Absolutely amazing Italian!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/19/2011Nestled below street-level on Oak Lawn, d'Carlo is easy to miss. I'm very glad, however, that I found it. When one enters the restaurant, one notices the muted earth-tone color scheme and slightly dimmed lights. The dining room is intimate without feeling crowded, and the below street-level location lets you forget about the busy street above. My wife and I ate there twice over the course of 2 weeks. Each time we were greeted warmly by attentive staff. Each time, as well, we were presented with a delightful bruschetta amuse bouche. This small detail is not often found these days, and is extremely delightful. D'Carlo also sports a great, and reasonably priced, wine list. All of their pasta is made in-house, and the flavors are great!Special Features:
- Food and service was excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/10/2011Food and service was excellent! It was quite romantic because we were the only couple at the restaurant.Special Features:
- Outstanding 1st time visit.WinecruiserDined on 6/11/2011This was our 1st visit to D'carlo. We were impressed with the combination of very fresh tasting food, nice ambiance, and very good service. We will return again.Special Features:
- food 10, service 3OpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2011Went on a Monday night. Only two other couples were dining. Waiter would disappear through our dinner. Never came back to see if everything was ok. I would have ordered another glass of wine with dinner but finished before he ever came back. Had mixed seafood risotto and it came out perfect. Good food bad service.
- We come to d'Carlo's (formerlyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/5/2011We come to d'Carlo's (formerly Daniella's) because the food is consistently good and the room is QUIET. We are a little concerned that the quiet may be due to lack of customers, but we have never been disappointed by the food or service. Additional signage in the front and better directions for parking might help others find and enjoy this gem as much as we do.
- Probably overlooked amidstSFvisitorDined on 4/2/2011Probably overlooked amidst the bustle of the Oak Lawn area. Very charming intimate space. At one point we were the only table to be served, which focused all the attention on us. Bartender made personable recommendations about wines and cocktails. Food served promptly.Special Features:
- Food is FantasticOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/19/2011Don't go if you're looking for a good bar. They ran out of Italian beer after two, didn't have Crown, and didn't have the wine we ordered for dinner. But the food was fantastic! All four of us cleaned off our plates. My dish was a penne pasta with roasted eggplant. Outstanding. Even with the backup wine.Special Features: