10717 Riversde Drive
Toluca Lake, CA 91602Neighborhood:
Latin / SpanishPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dcacherestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8185069600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Tuesday - Friday: 12:pm - 2:30pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Thursday: 5pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 5pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Latin American, Latin / Spanish
- Executive Chef: Phillip Frankland Lee
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, BYO Liquor, Chef's Table, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: D'Cache now offers off-site catering and events...Call 818-506-9600 and talk to James LaGrappe about planning your next party!
- Private Party Facilities: D'Caché restaurant offer an extensive global tapas and catering menu that can be used to accommodate the event, from social gathering, corporate events, holidays parties, weddings, bar/bat mitzvah and fundraisers; we are also available during the day for photo schools, movie and T.V location filming, interviews, casting calls, private events, birthday parties, anniversaries, an just about any other event imaginable.
- Private Party Contact: James LaGrappe 8185069600
- Entertainment: D'Caché Restaurant presents live entertainment at 8:30pm Friday and Saturday.
Acoustic guitars - Gypsy music
- Special Events: Weddings, Birthday celebartions, Anniversaries, Private events. We have different rooms for larger or smaller occasions.
A word from D'Cache
Nestled away in Toluca Lake lies an enchanted world of a new age Latin fusion cuisine filled with tapas, vintage wines, and entrees specially selected to inspire the palette and explore the possibilities of flavor…Continued
Bundled into a 1928 Spanish mission style cottage you will find the home of this exotic treasure… This is D'Cache!
Bundled into a 1928 Spanish mission style cottage you will find the home of this exotic treasure… This is D'Cache!
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
D'Cache reviews from OpenTable diners
- D'Cache is a wonderful FridaylatheraVIPDined on 4/26/2013D'Cache is a wonderful Friday night experience. It is fun to share food along with enjoying the great latin music. We love it!Special Features:
- New restaurant to us - weOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/20/2013New restaurant to us - we are not often in Toluca Lake and consider it a "find." Wonderful ambience and personable staff.
- Only complaints are (1) valetOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 4/6/2013Only complaints are (1) valet parking cost. Recommend you park on the street or just around the corner. After 6:00 parking is free on the street. (2) Waiter disappeared. Had to excuse myself from the table of guests to locate the waiter to get bill. Not acceptable when they add 18% graituidy. Note new menu - more tapas.Special Features:
- At Least the Sangria hasn't changedOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/16/2013I have always loved D'Cache - since my first visit there in early 2009. I still LOVE the place - the atmosphere... the ambiance... the live music! My friends that I went with on this last visit have all gone with me before and we all agreed: we prefer the former chef. The new executive chef, Phillip Lee, has switched up the appetizers & entrees to traditional tapas plates. It was a bit of a disappointment not to have the delicious apps & plates that we had before, but these new tapas will do - they're just not to the same level. Don't get me wrong, the new chef is very fancy, fru fru & gourmet with foams and emulsions, but lacking on depth. At least they haven't touched their prized sangria recipe!Special Features:
- Always love visiting thisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/13/2013Always love visiting this place! Never disappointed!! Love that there is a great place in North Hollywood to go to for great TapasSpecial Features:
- Great experience from this placeOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 2/23/2013Well... As for opentable; they screwed up by booking us a table when the restaurant was completely book. When we got there they honored our reservation even due to the mistake and treated us great. Service was great and food was unreal. Glad the honored the reservation cause now they have a repeat customer that's for sure. I highly recommend this place and will definitely go back soon.Special Features:
- Nice staff/ambiance..Food declines.BuzzzVIPDined on 2/15/2013A bit disappointed this time for serveral reasons and bragged to good friends adn high rated official who were our guests. We had to apologize. Here are disappointments: 1. New Chef and gone Tapas. NO ENTREES. Paealla(sp?) which was hightlight for restaurant in past very bland adn Tapas size. Tapas makes much more expensive. 2. Corkage fee now $25.00. OUTRAGEOUS, particularly for that restaurant. 3. Regular good size Martini glasees replaced with small round champagne type glasses Chaep looking and and highly unprofessional and tiny. Nice to try new things....but this just doesn't work and if continues we will not be able to continue to dine with guests there. Owner needs to take control.Special Features:
- I've been to D'Cache on aOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 2/14/2013I've been to D'Cache on a regular night, sat inside, and the ambiance was great! The spanish guitar, the warm feel, etc. I also remember the food being wonderful. It was fun to try different plates. And, the sangria, as it usually is, was great. On Valentine's Day things weren't so good. The set menu, which wasn't mentioned to me when the reservation was confirmed, was strange...only choice of entree was scallops, lamb or vegetarian (brussel sprouts)?! Strange choices to me. Some of the food came out room temperature or slightly cold. Also, for desert you only got to choose 1 thing between the 2 of you...so you had to share. Romantic, yes...cheap, yes! Finally, the patio had no ambiance and smelled like cigarettes.
- Been here many times, loveOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 1/26/2013Been here many times, love the live band playing spanish music.Special Features:
- We had a fabulous experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 1/9/2013We had a fabulous experience here. It was a Wednesday evening so, it was quiet but, I doubt it is quiet on the weekend. We had the tasting menu which was superb. We loved every bite. The dishes were unique and innovative. This is a chef who is definitely into trying new things and succeeding. I will definitely return!Special Features:
- The entertainment was tooDuckieVIPDined on 1/5/2013The entertainment was too loud at every table. Bring earplugs and don't plan on having any conversation.
- Great food, entertainmentGAD1Dined on 12/28/2012Great food, entertainment very good and great ambiance.Special Features:
- Everything was great, willGAD1Dined on 12/22/2012Everything was great, will be visiting again soon.Special Features:
- Amazing Food. First timeOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/17/2012Amazing Food. First time my wife had Tappas and loved them.Special Features:
- Heading in wrong directionBuzzzVIPDined on 11/2/2012Going through changes. Won't return with guests if only small plates and no longer entre's. Portions small. Paealla (excuse spelling) used to be outstanding. New Chef and not so good in quality, content or portions. Seems to be going slowly downhill. No more real martini glasses (cheap rounded champaign glasses).Special Features:
- My friends and I decided toOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/20/2012My friends and I decided to go this restaurant very last minute so I did not read any reviews prior to going and I did not know what to expect. When we got there, our table was right by the live performers so I got little nervous but it turned out to be a lot of fun. Our waiter was very witty and fun. He helped us order different items. Their pizza's were really good. The food was good. I really enjoyed the overall experience. The performers took breaks so it wasn't like we had music playing right by our ears the entire night. There were lots of parties celebrating different occasions so they all got off their seats and they were dancing around us. I would definitly go back.Special Features:
- A neighborhood gem in a beautifulOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 10/17/2012A neighborhood gem in a beautiful old house hidden away behind a small medical building. Wonderful tapas, and great drinks. We were there midweek and it was nice and quiet in the dining room. The bar scene looked like it was hopping, but the noise wasn't over-powering.Special Features:
- Something out of the ordinary!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/28/2012Adorable old Spanish House, Fun crowd with live music, delicious food, good bar crowd, pretty and quiet outdoor patio, numerous rooms to choose from! Lovely old Spanish style house in the middle of Toluca Lake. Food was spanish tapas, meats/fish; all rich and delicious. Old movies play on the wall until the latin/fusion/jazz band starts. A great find in the middle of quiet Toluca Lake. It's like nothing else in the area.Special Features:
- Ususally had good experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2003Dined on 9/26/2012Ususally had good experience but service is always slow. This time, 45 minutes after ordering, we were told two or four entrees we ordered were not available. Also pizettes (which we ordered on other visits) were soggy. May or may not return.Special Features:
- We'll be back!OpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 9/14/2012My expectations were high for this restaurant and this special evening I was hosting for a birthday celebration, and they were met!The restaurant decor and ambience was inviting. Lighting dimmed appropriately for the setting. Our waiter, Joseph, was outstanding.He was very helpful assisting our selection of tapas and wines that suited our taste preferences. My friends would have preferred a better selection of wines.The tapas platter was just right particularly the falling-off-the-bone baby short ribs. Paella was enjoyed and the lamb chops and rib eye steak very good and med.rare as requested. The entertainment started a little late, but we thoroughly enjoyed it and will be a main reason to come back and bring friends. Great evening!Special Features:
- Food excellent as usual. ServiceBuzzzVIPDined on 9/14/2012Food excellent as usual. Service good but needed more wait staff for size of crowd. Very uncomfortably warm in the restaurant and when asked was told that air conditioning on. We do like this restaurant a lot, however, and have been there many times.Special Features:
- We booked an 11:00am luncheonOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 9/7/2012We booked an 11:00am luncheon reservation. It was the only restaurant in the are that offered an early 11:00am reservation. The chef and bartender did not arrive until 11:30pm The restaurant was pleasant enough to sit at our table and erin only water. By the time the staff arrived we saw our food arrive quickly which indicated the food had been propped the day before. It still tasted wonderful. The service was efficient, the ambiance full of old world charm. THE COTTAGE IS TUCKED AWAY OFF THE BLD AND YOU FEEL REMOVED FROM THE HUSTLE & BUSTLE ONCE SAFELY INSDE. THE D'CACHE IS A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH LOCATED IN THE TOLUCA LAKE AREA,Special Features:
- The Spanish GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/28/2012The ambience was superb. The service (Joe) was excellent. The food was so good. the lamb chops were cooked to perfection. I love this place!! And Joe absolutely read my notes that I have for open table about my lactose concerns and only recommended items with no dairy of warned me of those that did. Very thoughtful. Great customer service on his part!Special Features:
- Great Tapas, Amazing MainOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/18/2012Great Tapas, Amazing Main Courses and the Desserts are Fantastic!Special Features:
- The tables are far too smallOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/4/2012The tables are far too small for four adults to seat comfortable no leg room. Not enough table surface for all the oversized plates. Our plates hung over the edges. Plates are bigger than the tables. A 6 ounce piece of fish on a plate that’s 14” square makes the entrée non appetizing and lost. The chairs are uncomfortable to low and wobbly. Prices are too high, not in line with the food offered. I must say the service was very good. Forgot the utensils were not the cleanest.
- Cool, loud & mushyOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/27/2012Very cool 1928 Spanish style bungalow. I booked the reservation on a Fri evening expecting a quiet romantic evening with good food and wine. When we arrived the hostess graciously took us on a tour of the restaurant. We were seated at a table where an AC vent blew cold air at my back all night. Our reservation was for 8:30, at 9:15 the band fired up and we had to yell to hear each other speak. It would be nice if they would hold down the level at least for the first set, though the second set was even louder. We ordered the specialty Paella, good flavor but rice was mushy, meat overcooked. Sampler appetizer was excellent, ribs a bit overcooked, good sauce. We'll probably give it another try, working around aforementioned disappointments.Special Features:
- The Food was outstanding,OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/26/2012The Food was outstanding, and ambiance was superb. Will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Terrific food, ameable andgracefVIPDined on 6/22/2012Terrific food, ameable and entertaining staff and great live music. A wonderful evening overall. My first time there but definitely not my last.Special Features:
- we were delighted to findJrryLouiseVIPDined on 6/8/2012we were delighted to find this charming restaurant -- warm, gracious host made us feel most welcome; food and cocktails were great! will definitely return and have told friends to check out D'Cache.Special Features:
- A very pleasant dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/16/2012The food was unique and delicious. The flavors were well balanced and menu items were clever and unlike other restaurants. The service was friendly, as though they were genuinely glad we were there. The building is romantic, but not ostentatious. Diners can be comfortable in any attire. The music was loud enough to enjoy but not so loud we couldn't talk comfortably. This was one of the best dining experiences I've had in a very long time.Special Features:
- There were only 2 other guestOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012There were only 2 other guest besides my table and it took our server about 25 minutes for our drinks. I had to ask for water each time our cups were empty. I loved the patio and food was great, I just wished we were treated better because it was mothers day.Special Features:
- why does no one (until now)knowParisianinthevalleyVIPDined on 4/27/2012why does no one (until now)know about D'CACHE? It is great. go and you WILL enjoy.Special Features:
- Excellent food, a little priceyOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2012Excellent food, a little pricey but I do not mind if it is really good and it was. The service was outstanding and everyone that works there went out of there way to be very friendly. The restaurant is not right on the street so you can miss it. It is behind the dentist office.Special Features:
- Very good overall. ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/18/2012Very good overall. Excellent service. Nice selections to choose.Special Features:
- Great Dining and EnvironmentBuzzzVIPDined on 3/24/2012Outstandign cocktails and dinner. Food excellent. Come early if you want to hear yourself think or talk to guests aon weekend. Service gets a bit off at times and you constantly have to remind your waiter of your prior requests even for water. Owners are very nice and circulate.Special Features:
- Highlight is the live entertainmentCJSDDined on 3/9/2012Highlight is the live entertainment on Friday nights (Flamenco Music). We had to interrupt the hostess to get seated (talking to a waiter) and they asked us to move after they seated us to make room for another reservation (we had reservations too..). Our waiter was excellent but served a large number of guests so it was difficult to get his attention at times. The tapas was very good but could benefit from a wider variety. Latin music videos played on a big screen with live music later in the evening which made for a warm and vibrant atmosphere. Overall an enjoyable experience.
- Must do!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 3/2/2012Typically these reviews are centered on the food & drink, and while D’Cache is definitely up to par there, their service is way above par! The staff is not only warm and friendly, their camaraderie make you feel one of them, one of the family. Love, love, love this place.Special Features:
- If you ever want an eveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/24/2012If you ever want an evening of happy abandon, where the wine flows freely, the food keeps coming and the guests get up and dance between the tables, this is it.Special Features:
- Awful! Now mind you it wsCarlyVIPDined on 2/14/2012Awful! Now mind you it ws valentines day and expectations were low since everyone says, don't go to eat on V Day. This place was packed. Why! Our server was the bar manager, the busboy, and the hostess. So you can imagine how over worked she was. Clueless too that her tables were waiting for the bill, waiting for food, waiting for water refill. I went to talk to the owner who could care less. Wow that lady is awful! The only good thing was the music when it wasn't blarring in your ear. Never ever will return!
- Great place for food, music,ilItalianoDined on 2/14/2012Great place for food, music, wine and just to relax and enjoy life!Special Features: