1236 Dorchester Avenue
Dorchester, MA 02125Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dbarboston.com/
- Phone: 6172654490
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Wednesday: 5:00pm - 1:00am, Thursday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 2:00am, Sunday: 11:00am - 2:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Christopher Coombs
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: dbar can be booked for many different types of events. •Sit down dinners, up to 60 people •Cocktail parties, up to 180 people. •Large scale club events with DJs and dancing from dbar’s amazing sound and lighting system, also up to 180 people.
- Private Party Contact: Brian 6172654490
- Special Events:
Fridays and Saturdays: DJ's and dancing after dinner.
Show Tune Tuesdays every Tuesday 9pm-2am with VJ Rompy.
iThursdays!, every Thursday, bring your iPod or iPhone and you be the DJ.
A word from dbar
Open 7 days a week, dbar is a full service restaurant that seamlessly transforms into a nightclub and lounge as the night goes on. Formally an old school Irish pub filled with mahogany charm, dbar has been renovated into a hip chic hot spot. With warm glowing candles & long leather banquettes, dbar offers a casual and comfortable atmosphere that attracts clientele from Dorchester and surrounding areas. The unique and classy menu inspired by Executive Chef Christopher Coombs changes with the seasons and features the finest and freshest available ingredients throughout the New England area. Most of the menu takes a French twist, but also contains an assortment of comfort foods (such as our famous Veal & Pancetta Bolognaise) and old favorites (like our simple yet delicious Giannone Chicken Under a Brick.)Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
dbar reviews from OpenTable diners
70 reviews since June 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (57)great for outdoor dining (38)vibrant bar scene (38)fit for foodies (37)hot spot (27)good for groups (20)romantic (18)late-night find (17)special occasion (16)great for brunch (11)notable wine list (9)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice findOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 10/18/2014Decided to head over to this place we have heard of but haven't ventured into Dorchester for dinner. We were pleasantly surprised. The host held the door for our entrance and we were seated immediately in a very busy dining room. Service was excellent, and the food was very good. The menu is unusually broad and varied but not too big, and the wine list is larger than you might expect. Visually it is very attractive with wood framed windows with shutters and old brick. We will go back.Special Features:
- DbarOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014Great cocktails and service but the Cod special I got lacked flavor intensity and a lot of the food on the dish seemed heated up/pre cooked....not overwhelmed by the food at all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Den52VIPDined on 10/17/2014Very friendly helpful staff that seemed to enjoy their job. Food was hot and deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Whole new level!!POTUSKOPADined on 10/12/2014I've been going to dbar for years now - and this past Sunday was the first time I ever enjoyed the late night bar scene - they had an awesome cover band - B Side Charlie and they were awesome! I went with the only burger on the menu and it was flawless as usual - insane. The Korean dish on the specials menu was ordered and reportedly fantastic! Our server was awesome - he was present - friendly - and never let the glasses become empty!Special Features:
- Great as usualJonPVIPDined on 10/11/2014Never disappoints! Food, service and drinks were fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new menu itemsOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 10/4/2014The fall menu changes are welcome and delicious. We are never disappointed with dBar.Special Features:
- California Central Coast WineFranqoDined on 10/1/2014Excellent four courses menu and perfect wine pairing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/1/2014We had a large party of 10 the waiter was extremely knowledgeable of the wine list and was fun and friendly.Special Features:
- Perfect Saturday NightacbtDined on 9/27/2014I am never disappointed when I dine at dbar. The food was a amazing, as was the service. Our waiter, David was very knowledgeable about the menu and provided great recommendations for drink/wine pairings. I love this place and I will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The DbarHarveySDined on 9/27/2014to start of the drinks that we had were excellent and the appetizers were as good as the drinks. There were three of us and we all had different main courses. We all agreed the portions were not big, but were sufficient. The quality was exceptional. Can't wait to go back again.Special Features:
- heard good things but...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/20/2014Service fell apart once dinner arrived. 20 min from plate clearing no dessert to check. Pasta with veggie was tasteless.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/20/2014Great restaurant, menu and service. My new favorite place to bring friends that are visiting. Keep up the good work! Had a wonderful dinner recently with friends. My only critique is with the pork chop entree I had. The meat was cooked to my liking-no pink and still very moist. I was not thrilled w/ the spatzle, cabbage, brussel sprouts. Too many "textures" and the fontina cheese was a bit overpowering. Otherwise happy w/ everything else! Will be back for sure.Special Features:
- Tasty good friendly staffDotavechickDined on 9/5/2014While the patio was a little cramped and the tables felt too small, the food was creative and delicious, try the braised pork tacos, and the staff was attentive and friendly. Will go again for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best salmon ever!PAVisitorDined on 9/4/2014My husband says this was the best salmon he has every had. I had the scallops and they were wonderful. We ate outside - no view but they've done quite a bit to hide the fact you are behind the building and off a parking lot. We didn't care for the background music (electronic - house/trance?) but this would be the only very minor change we'd recommend.Special Features:
- Great food and serviceDougRVIPDined on 8/13/2014Chris Coombs does a terrific job here with the menu. Fantastic food with reasonable neighborhood prices. The food selections are diverse, it's not standard pub fare. An excellent cocktail list too.Special Features:
- D bar gets an "A"Bostondini4uDined on 8/9/2014I have been to the dbar several times over the past few years and it is consistently an amazing place that pleases me and my guest. The ambience the food the service and the drinks are fantastic I love that it is so versatile you choose the atmosphere you want for example you can have a large group outside enjoying the patio you could go for a date or anniversary and get a nice dark corner of the restaurant or if you go later at night you can go with friends and there is a DJ and a great bar in dancing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Friday NightnightlifeDined on 8/8/2014Despite being a Friday evening in the Summer with most of Boston going to Provincetown, MA for the weekend. dbar was busy and had a buzz at 8.30 in the evening. The outdoor area was full with people enjoying a cocktail, meals and great service. The food and drinks were amazing. I would definitely go backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently great food and drinksJonfromtheBurbsDined on 8/1/2014This place is always consistent with the quality of their good and the drinks are great too. Love the outdoor dining area this time of year!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A findMariaDined on 8/1/2014The setting around the dbar is not gorgeous: gas station, busy street, gritty. But inside it is calm and inviting, and the service is excellent. So if you are looking for well-prepared good in a comfortable setting where you can actually have a conversation, head over. There is parking next to the restaurant, and the price is right. I went on a Friday night with family who were visiting, after failing to find another restaurant with really good food ratings and available seating. Dbar was the right choice. We shared an special appetizer salad that was delicious and creative. For main course I had scallops with risotto. Perfectly done. Too full to eat dessert, but I'll try it next time.Special Features:
- Just love DBarDbarliciousDined on 7/31/2014So surprised we had no wait for a Thursday night. Everyone was on the patio. The menu changes frequently and we have started to visit more frequently because the food is so good and we hope for some new creative dish by the chef. We were not disappointed as a creamy cold avocado and corn soup was my start. I went for the short ribs and it was so much I didn't have room for anything else. It was comfort food and so flavorful. It even tasted great the next day for lunch. This is a perfect home for foodies, and I am becoming one. The service was friendly and I feel really comfortable here no matter when I come. Thank you DBar.Special Features:
- Jolly BrunchsprbostonDined on 7/27/2014Friend from out of town was staying with us and we wanted brunch. Haven't been to DBar in a while (was living south of town for a few years). They easily accommodated us. Had really great service and a delicious brunch. We had lots of laughs and a great time. The Steak Frites and eggs were wonderful especially since we added a side of bacon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The excellence continuesBELinMADined on 7/26/2014Dined outdoors on the patio early on a Saturday evening. Excellent as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simple but tastyanonDined on 7/23/2014The Spring salad was delicious with flavors of fennel and lemon. We shared a side of asparagus which was enough to round out our entrees, tasty simple dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great time, as alwaysIrishprincess327VIPDined on 7/21/2014WE live in the City and are at dbar frequently. I was there recently with family members and friend. it could not have been a more special evening. We sat out on the patio. Scott served us that evening. Everything was just wonderful: food, setting, staff. I always tell my friends to visit dbar for a special treat!Special Features:
- Again...EatOutOftenVIPDined on 7/19/2014we had a fabulous meal! Never disappointed with the food or the service. Plan to bring our daughter and son-in-law when they visit next week from Long Island. Great patio dining when the weather is cooperativeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as alwaysOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 7/18/2014Food and Service are great as always. Always recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 394 reviews are from the dbar reviews archive.
- Nice FindOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/22/2014Neighborhood location, good parking, pleasant staff, able to hold conversation, interesting menu, will return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dbar for Good Neighborhood FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/21/2014Popped into dbar for an early dinner. Seated right away, comfortable. Service was friendly and attentive. It's much better than bar-type food, you can go to dbar and have a real dinner, not just a budger. I'd go back, no problem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always great food, service and funPapaVIPDined on 6/21/2014Never had bad time. Ever, ever, ever. Been going there for several years go , go. goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date NightEatOutOftenVIPDined on 6/21/2014Had a wonderful meal, waitstaff was so attentive and pleasant, not rushed -- it was a perfect date night! Weather was perfect for sitting outside at a corner table. Welcome Summer!!! We'll be back to dbar oftenSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love this place.jrvluvsteaksDined on 6/15/2014A gourmet meal that rivals other, much more expensive restaurants and a very attentive and friendly staff. Fun!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dependable for foodieDbarliciousDined on 6/14/2014DBar is a very good restaurant. We find it dependable to amaze us on the complex combinations that taste so good. Our most recent visit was for mission figs wrapped in prosciutto and stuffed with a creamy goat cheese. For the entree, I had the pan seared fluke with a corn succotash and fingerling potatoes. Heavenly, full of flavor and cooked to perfection. This restaurant has not disappointed us in the five times we have been this a sure bet for any foodie. Enjoy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/14/2014Service was excellent - great cocktails, excellent food. Will definitely return and already raving to friends about it.Special Features:
- Dependably greatoutandaboutVIPDined on 6/14/2014I've been to dBar three times with friends (groups of 4-6) and always had a great meal and very enjoyable experience. The wait staff is just the right amount of attentive, friendly and knowledgeable. I love that the menu features seasonal foods and has a great variety of options. We range from a meat/potatoes eater, to a vegetarian and have always been very pleased with the food. The bartenders are great also which adds to the experience.Special Features:
- Brick chix to die for!ldp604Dined on 6/13/2014Amaze balls. Everything about this place is superb. This should be a go to place for any foodie south of the city. Parking tough but worth the hassle to eat/drink/be merry here!!!Special Features:
- MikeDined on 6/6/2014I've eaten at dBar several times and am always delighted. the food is fresh, creative and delicious. the scallops served on cumin risotto is a favorite. the side of brussell sprouts is outstanding also. wait staff is friendly and attentive. never rushed. the patio is wonderful. dBar is one of my go-to places when friends & family are visiting.Special Features:
- Great FoodDebbaDined on 6/5/2014Five star all around. Bolognese sauce was the best I've ever had! Husband loved the chicken under a brick.Special Features:
- Still Love DBarMiltoniansVIPDined on 6/4/2014The guys at DBar always do a fabulous job - meals, presentation, and service are always terrific!Special Features:
- Great food with outdoor seatingNYCfoodieVIPDined on 6/3/2014great food that is always interesting and flavorful. The servers are engaged and know the menu. Nice outdoor area to enjoy your meal. Regulars and newcomers enjoy this great menu that always has a special addition.Special Features:
- Great food, amazing serviceEBostonFoodieVIPDined on 5/24/2014The food at dBar is amazing -- get their soft shell crab appetizer. To die for. Can't go wrong with the pasta bolognese. And Cody, my server, might be the best server I've ever had -- he made my dining experience amazing.Special Features: