21 Furnace Street
Akron, OH 44308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.danteakron.com/
- Phone: (330) 375-5050
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: DBA restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 2162741200x
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners and special events. Please call 330.375.5050 for more information.
A word from D.B.A.
D.B.A. is a modern restaurant, in a modern setting, right on the edge of downtown Akron. The restaurant showcases an elegant dining space, private dining room, great cocktails at a late night bar and a spacious, comfortable patio. Our flagship restaurant, Dante in the historic Tremont area of Cleveland, is rated by Zagat dining guide as Extraordinary to Perfection. The dining experience here at D.B.A. only promises to mirror these standards. Enjoy a new kind of menu. A new kind of cuisine. And a new dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerHot Spot
D.B.A. - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
D.B.A. reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (56)special occasion (52)romantic (46)notable wine list (37)hot spot (33)scenic view (26)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (22)good for groups (20)late-night find (19)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Never disappointingCarolDined on 11/22/2014We've taken a lot of our friends to DBA. It never disappoints. The menu always has great seasonal offerings. The wait staff is excellent and offers great recommendations (ask for Jonathan!) You would never believe that such a beautiful restaurant exists in this location. We started with the Piggie Newtons which were outstanding. Went on to salads. The four of us shared a plate of green spaghetti which is always on the menu and a must to try! Then on to our main courses. We even opted to split a dessert among the four of us. We weren't rushed and had a wonderful evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Didn't live up to other Dante restaurantsJlbudd5Dined on 11/15/2014We've eaten at Dante in Tremont and had the 5 course tasting meal. That was an amazing experience and worth every penny. So we decided to do the same here and were quite disappointed. Portions were tiny and the food was ok but not amazing. My pork tenderloin was just a bit past raw and not edible. And our bill was over $200! The berry fizz drink got me good and buzzed though so it was still a good date night! For the money though drive up to Cleveland!Special Features:
- Akron GemFood4meVIPDined on 11/14/2014D.B.A. always provides a consistently wonderful dining experience. We were a party of four diners. One of which was from Washington DC and one from New York City. Everything was perfectly prepared....as usual and everyone was pleased with our dining experience. I'm so happy that Dante brought his Tremont culinary flair to Akron.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014We had a really nice dinner with another couple. They have a new menu, so that was fun to try, although it seemed somewhat small. I loved the burger! It was the best burger I have had in a while. The scallops looked great. Would go back again! Definitely!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good not greatNightcrawlerDined on 11/13/2014Service, menu food good not great. Kind of vanilla especially if you are expecting a true dining experience. Menu is a conversation starter and the space feels more NYC than CAK. Owner needs to turn it up to 11.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!2good2btrueDined on 11/8/2014First time at Dba's, took an out of town guest, so much fun. Lemon martinis were awesome and the food and presentation was awesome. Definitely will go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our special placeBillJDined on 11/7/2014We go to DBA for special occasions - 30th anniversary, my wife's birthday. The service is excellent, and the food is wonderful. Beautifully prepared, with nice subtle interesting flavors.Special Features:
- great for 2rookiefoodieDined on 11/6/2014A perfect place to take that special someone. Our server was fabulous and gave wonderful suggestions. Having been my first time to a place that truly seems to value the customers experience, I would recommend DBA to anyone looking for a wonderful dining experience. The food was wonderful and the cheesecake at the end was to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExecellentOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/31/2014Took someone here for our first date. It was a unique and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Run, don't walk, to D.B.A.JawaVartenukDined on 10/31/2014Excellent from start to finish! Fantastic food, atmosphere, and service. Couldn't have been more pleased. The food was creative, but not over the top. Desserts... I simply couldn't choose, so many excellent options. Finally, the coffee was the best I've ever had. Oh, and the service.... Top notch! As I said, run, don't walk, to D.B.A. for and unforgettable dining experience.Special Features:
- A definite yesphylDined on 10/25/2014The ambiance was beautiful although a little dim for older eyes. The waiter was Great and the food very good. We will be back.Special Features:
- NOT QUITE SO GOODarnieVIPDined on 10/25/2014WE HAVE ALWAYS LOVED D B A BUT IN THE LAST SEVERAL TIMES, IT HAS SEEMED TO CHANGED. GONE ARE THE VERY PERSONAL AND SOLICITOUS WAIT STAFF REPLACED BY SERVERS WHO SEEM GENERIC AND COOL. THE FOOD, WHICH WAS CUTTING EDGE, NOW SEEMS PREDICTABLE ALTHOUGH GOOD. THE LAST FEW TIMES WE WENT TO D B A, IT WAS NOT FULL ON SAT. NIGHTSSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time, just as good!CasualFoodieDined on 10/25/2014The first time we ate at DBA was an anniversary celebration; we experienced the 5 course wine parings...it was excellent! This visit was with my wife and daughter; we just wanted to eat a bit upscale. The DBA menu fits on one page (one album side), so whatever you choose, it will taste great. My favorite is the Green Spaghetti. The best thing about DBA is that you can get "fine dining" without having to dress up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NuNuDined on 10/24/2014The dining room was lovely and was not noisy where we were seated. The wait staff were attentive and knowledgeable but not obtrusive. The appetizers were outstanding, as were the entrees, especially the scallops. It did take about 4 minutes for the appetizers to arrive. We were not in a hurry; just hungry.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mattDined on 10/18/2014good, not great. certain items were very good, others were average. some creative dishes fell flat. for the price, I would be hard pressed to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent First Date ChoiceSP125Dined on 10/18/2014Tremendous menu, especially the small plate choices. Great opportunity for sharing different items, all served as courses. Fantastic and attentive service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentImMikeHydeDined on 10/17/2014the food and the server were outstanding! We had an early reservation and the place was pretty empty, but was almost full by the time we finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As always...jas169Dined on 10/10/2014...again a great evening at DBA...we have yet to have had anything less than awesome service, food and experience...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- a great combinationmartinitimeDined on 10/3/2014quite thoroughly enjoyed the service, savory food options, and the ambiance of DBA. our server was fantastic, coming over cautiously when we caught his eye. the courses all came out in the right timing and he asked us if it wasn't obvious. the lighting and interior design was very conducive to to a public but private sort of evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth the money !!LocalDinning77Dined on 10/3/2014The food was terrible and tooooo salty. I ordered the scallops which sat on potato hash brown stacks, the potatoes tasted like they were fried in old oil.My friend order just an appetizer which was popcorn shrimp. Literally, it was POPCORN sitting in lots of butter and a few small shrimps. YUK !! Popcorn for $8.00. Very disappointed and my stomach was upset all the next day.Special Features:
- Great night at DBAGaryVIPDined on 9/26/2014My wife and I dined at the Chef's Table in the kitchen. It was fun to watch Chef Ernie and team do their thing and of course the food was great as always. We brought our own wine but DBA has a great wine list as well. Coming back in 2 weeks with 2 other couples to do it all over again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing!Foodie5Dined on 9/20/2014I tried to get reservations for 2 mnths on opentable and finally got one. We walked in to an empty restaurant at 8pm on a Saturday night. I now question the reservation system at opentable. We do not eat at chain restaurants, we seek out local great food restaurants. Ordered 3 appetizers-spare ribs, calamari, and spring rolls. All of them were very underwhelming. Our entrees were the bolognese and scallops. Bolognese was nothing but a pound of noodles with a scoop of bolognese. The scallops were just ok. We ate at the outdoor bar with bartender Joe. He was very arrogant. A total jerk, in fact. We were so disappointed and do not understand these positive reviews. There are better restaurants out there. Will not return.
- OverhypedPriklypeteDined on 9/20/2014We were excited to try this newer restaurant for our anniversary dinner. Upon making a reservation there was only one time available very late in the evening. This seemed to indicate that the place was always packed; a great sign! Once we arrived, we noticed that this was not the case as the restaurant was about 80% empty. Even though the place was far from slammed, it took our server about 20 minutes to realize we were there. Once the mistake was realized the staff were attentive. For our entrées we ordered the duck and the roast chicken. Both would has been impressive, however both weren't seasoned well and both were cold. The lemon fingerling potatoes, however, were quite good. Avoid the s'mores dessert. It's more concept than food.Special Features:
- Not as good this timeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Last time we ate here, our meals were very good and left a good impression. This time we felt totally different. We both ordered pasta (2 different ones) and both were extremely salty and just fair.Special Features:
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/20144 of us went for a birthday dinner. I ordered the "popcorn shrimp" appetizer which the restaurant takes literally. 4 small pieces of shrimp (not a whole shrimp in the bunch) buried under a pile of actual popcorn. I had the steak which was covered in mushrooms. The menu says nothing about the mushrooms and I'm sensitive to them. The meat was cooked well and tender. It was good but not great. I doubt I'll return.
- outstanding as alwaysSherrieDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our experience at DBA. Our meals were excellent. I had scallops which were cooked perfectly. All of our salads were delicious. Great, knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at DBA and the experience was okay. It was a little loud for trying to carry on a conversation and the wine by the glass selection was underwhelming. The food, however, was very good as was the service. We'll be back.
- AlmostpatentzDined on 9/11/2014Went to DBA because I had heard good things about the food. While the chocolate cheese cake was great, the Asian Muscles as a starter needed more "heat" and only one of the two pasta dishes we shared was good. The Cavetelli was dry and needed more of the garlic mentioned on the menu. But my biggest problem was the markup on the wine list. $83 for a bottle of Prisoner that I can buy at retail for $35 ... DBA doesn't buy their wine at retail so their markup on wine is outrageous.Special Features:
- Unpleasantly SurprisedOHEngVIPDined on 8/30/2014DBA is one of our favorite restaurants, but this visit was disappointing. Curried mussels ($8) were tiny and tasteless, calamari app ($12) was missing the rock shrimp it used to have and the chicken and pork spring rolls ($12) were good, but really small. Green pasta was excellent as usual, but the cavatelli was just average. The biggest surprise was the $65 for a bottle of Barbera that cost $17 in the wine store. Very proud of the wine here.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuDazednconfuzedDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance! Need more vege choices and explicit salad with meals!Special Features:
- RaplhDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the outdoor setting and the food was as expected- great, all four were pleased. Definitely will return. It is pricey due to ala carte menu, so most likely special eveninmgs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at DBA in Akron was a treatMickandminneyDined on 8/22/2014I was looking for a special night out for my wife and I to have a "date night." I had seen an article in a magazine at the dentist and thought this was the ticket. I WAS NOT WRONG! My wife and I had a romantic dinner from the moment we were seated. Our waiter, Thomas W. I believe, was so helpful and patient. But so were every runner and bus person. They made a excellent dinner an experience. My wife an I had the 5 course dinner and every course was delicious! So glad Akron has an upscale restaurant again.Special Features:
- Not Quite as Good...MikeDined on 8/18/2014Always a solid 4 stars for me, I was disappointed to see signs of a decline. No more oysters on the menu, and the Asian mussels were overcooked as was my pork tenderloin. The green spaghetti was great as always. The ac couldn't keep up with the open air bar, and the dining area was uncomfortably warm. The heavy vinyl covers on the menus are tacky - literally.Special Features:
- Dinner42Dined on 8/15/2014This was the second time my wife and I went to DBA for a date night. We were very pleased with service and food durng both visits. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Not so hidden treasurebubbles21Dined on 8/9/2014Quality of food preparation and presentation is first class. Dining there is an adventure with interesting foods and beverages yet reasonable expense. No big surprises with the cost of an exceptional cocktail or beautifully prepared dish. Definitely plan on coming back A.S.A.P.Special Features:
- ...Above all expectations!!jas169Dined on 8/8/2014I won't waste your time with a long dissertation of what my pros and cons are. This place "Rocks!". Cynthia was absolutely tremendous...she took time to show us what makes this place "The Place To Be". Our server was the best I have experienced anywhere in a long time. Food was fabulous. Menu is great, and the prices are more than fair! Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a view!JulWCDined on 8/5/2014Lovely ambiance, lush Ohio scenery and modern interior delight. The food is prepared well and will not disappoint. the asparagus salad is lightly dressed and so tasty, while the flatbread offerings offer a delicious option for vegetarians. The staff and chef are also willing to customize the flatbread to taste. The service is charming and friendly. Lovely outdoor seating. I so enjoyed seeing the picturesque train station from our table and the beauty of Ohio's landscape. We will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night a DBAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The green spaghetti was very good. Mushroom soup and Bolenese was very tasty but too much salt on both dishes..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdivasdinningDined on 8/2/2014Loved the food, atmosphere, wine and the decor!! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 455 reviews are from the D.B.A. reviews archive.
- Fabulous food, atmosphere, servicejkfjdDined on 7/26/2014Went to DBA for my birthday dinner. We have eaten here several times before but this time was the best. The menu changes seasonally and the current menu has a lot of great things on it. I got the short rib appetizer and green spaghetti. My husband got the Amish chicken. All were phenomenal. The sage advice martini was to die for as was the peanut butter and banana dessert. The service was great too. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.