21 Furnace Street
Akron, OH 44308Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.danteakron.com/
- Phone: 3303755050x
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: DBA restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 2162741200x
- Special Events: Monthly wine dinners and special events. Please call 330.375.5050 for more information.
A word from D.B.A.
D.B.A. is a modern restaurant, in a modern setting, right on the edge of downtown Akron. The restaurant showcases an elegant dining space, private dining room, great cocktails at a late night bar and a spacious, comfortable patio. Our flagship restaurant, Dante in the historic Tremont area of Cleveland, is rated by Zagat dining guide as Extraordinary to Perfection. The dining experience here at D.B.A. only promises to mirror these standards. Enjoy a new kind of menu. A new kind of cuisine. And a new dining experience.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
D.B.A. - Best Restaurants in Akron ›
D.B.A. reviews from OpenTable diners
90 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (62)special occasion (54)great for outdoor dining (47)hot spot (43)romantic (41)scenic view (39)notable wine list (35)vibrant bar scene (30)neighborhood gem (24)good for groups (17)late-night find (16)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for lunch (1)Show More
- Good but not greatOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/13/20144 of us went for a birthday dinner. I ordered the "popcorn shrimp" appetizer which the restaurant takes literally. 4 small pieces of shrimp (not a whole shrimp in the bunch) buried under a pile of actual popcorn. I had the steak which was covered in mushrooms. The menu says nothing about the mushrooms and I'm sensitive to them. The meat was cooked well and tender. It was good but not great. I doubt I'll return.
- outstanding as alwaysSherrieDined on 9/13/2014We enjoyed our experience at DBA. Our meals were excellent. I had scallops which were cooked perfectly. All of our salads were delicious. Great, knowledgeable service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BDinNCTVIPDined on 9/12/2014This was our first time at DBA and the experience was okay. It was a little loud for trying to carry on a conversation and the wine by the glass selection was underwhelming. The food, however, was very good as was the service. We'll be back.
- AlmostpatentzDined on 9/11/2014Went to DBA because I had heard good things about the food. While the chocolate cheese cake was great, the Asian Muscles as a starter needed more "heat" and only one of the two pasta dishes we shared was good. The Cavetelli was dry and needed more of the garlic mentioned on the menu. But my biggest problem was the markup on the wine list. $83 for a bottle of Prisoner that I can buy at retail for $35 ... DBA doesn't buy their wine at retail so their markup on wine is outrageous.Special Features:
- Unpleasantly SurprisedOHEngVIPDined on 8/30/2014DBA is one of our favorite restaurants, but this visit was disappointing. Curried mussels ($8) were tiny and tasteless, calamari app ($12) was missing the rock shrimp it used to have and the chicken and pork spring rolls ($12) were good, but really small. Green pasta was excellent as usual, but the cavatelli was just average. The biggest surprise was the $65 for a bottle of Barbera that cost $17 in the wine store. Very proud of the wine here.Special Features:
- Interesting MenuDazednconfuzedDined on 8/30/2014We really enjoyed the ambiance! Need more vege choices and explicit salad with meals!Special Features:
- RaplhDined on 8/30/2014We enjoyed the outdoor setting and the food was as expected- great, all four were pleased. Definitely will return. It is pricey due to ala carte menu, so most likely special eveninmgs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining at DBA in Akron was a treatMickandminneyDined on 8/22/2014I was looking for a special night out for my wife and I to have a "date night." I had seen an article in a magazine at the dentist and thought this was the ticket. I WAS NOT WRONG! My wife and I had a romantic dinner from the moment we were seated. Our waiter, Thomas W. I believe, was so helpful and patient. But so were every runner and bus person. They made a excellent dinner an experience. My wife an I had the 5 course dinner and every course was delicious! So glad Akron has an upscale restaurant again.Special Features:
- Not Quite as Good...MikeDined on 8/18/2014Always a solid 4 stars for me, I was disappointed to see signs of a decline. No more oysters on the menu, and the Asian mussels were overcooked as was my pork tenderloin. The green spaghetti was great as always. The ac couldn't keep up with the open air bar, and the dining area was uncomfortably warm. The heavy vinyl covers on the menus are tacky - literally.Special Features:
- Dinner42Dined on 8/15/2014This was the second time my wife and I went to DBA for a date night. We were very pleased with service and food durng both visits. We will be back again soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Not so hidden treasurebubbles21Dined on 8/9/2014Quality of food preparation and presentation is first class. Dining there is an adventure with interesting foods and beverages yet reasonable expense. No big surprises with the cost of an exceptional cocktail or beautifully prepared dish. Definitely plan on coming back A.S.A.P.Special Features:
- ...Above all expectations!!jas169Dined on 8/8/2014I won't waste your time with a long dissertation of what my pros and cons are. This place "Rocks!". Cynthia was absolutely tremendous...she took time to show us what makes this place "The Place To Be". Our server was the best I have experienced anywhere in a long time. Food was fabulous. Menu is great, and the prices are more than fair! Thanks again for a great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Room with a view!JulWCDined on 8/5/2014Lovely ambiance, lush Ohio scenery and modern interior delight. The food is prepared well and will not disappoint. the asparagus salad is lightly dressed and so tasty, while the flatbread offerings offer a delicious option for vegetarians. The staff and chef are also willing to customize the flatbread to taste. The service is charming and friendly. Lovely outdoor seating. I so enjoyed seeing the picturesque train station from our table and the beauty of Ohio's landscape. We will definitely return. Thank you!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Saturday night a DBAOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/2/2014The green spaghetti was very good. Mushroom soup and Bolenese was very tasty but too much salt on both dishes..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first timerdivasdinningDined on 8/2/2014Loved the food, atmosphere, wine and the decor!! I will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous food, atmosphere, servicejkfjdDined on 7/26/2014Went to DBA for my birthday dinner. We have eaten here several times before but this time was the best. The menu changes seasonally and the current menu has a lot of great things on it. I got the short rib appetizer and green spaghetti. My husband got the Amish chicken. All were phenomenal. The sage advice martini was to die for as was the peanut butter and banana dessert. The service was great too. It was a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great downtown restaurantMikeBDined on 7/25/2014Love the atmosphere and the outdoor patio is amazing. Great spot to eat if you are looking for quality food in downtown Akron. Service was excellent and very passionate towards their restaurant. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XoxoDined on 7/18/2014Great food. Slow service but nice, polite waiter. Thought decor was kind of cheesy- the black and red has been done before.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Friday July 18 - Akron Reunionmazeandblue77Dined on 7/18/2014The food was wonderful - the presentation flavor - selections. The patio dining was wonderful! Enjoyed the company of a high school friend who was happy to see such a wonderful restaurant here in the old home town!Special Features:
- Pretty good food at DBAOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/16/2014I have eaten at DBA at least half a dozen times in the past year or so. The service was adequate. The food was not up to par compared with my previous visits. The appetizer was nothing special (short ribs) and somewhat overcooked/dry. The pasta (pappardelle) was clumpy and short on sauce. My friend's filet mignon was ordered medium rare and came well done. Her fries were oily. Very disappointed. I have always had exceptional food here, and I am not sure if they changed chefs, but given the price, I am going to think twice about returning.Special Features:
- DaveVIPDined on 7/15/2014We were going to volunteer training for the GG9 games at the John S. Knight Center. We made dinner reservations at D.B.A. before our event. This is not our first time at this restaurant and have been to the flagship location in Cleveland. The food was outstanding. My wife had the fish special and I had a steak. Both were done to perfection. We split a salad but it looked more like two full salads and not 1/2. I have a knack of being able to pick wines that they are out of and it happened again. But they do have a large list to pick from so the second choice was still outstanding. We will be back when in the Akron area. I hope Akron will support this gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Previous visits were betterAmydDined on 7/5/2014We've been to DBA several times. We liked the revamped menu. More choices that appealed to us. Our waiter was crazed. Seemed that he had way too much to do and we had to keep flagging him down. My friend's drink order was wrong but was remade after we managed to slow down the waiter to let him know. He assured us the drink was not wrong but the second drink tasted like the mojito ordered. Food was delicious as always.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- glad we tried itkrissieVIPDined on 7/5/2014we were in Akron and wanted to try anther of Dante's restaurants. the service was excellent and the food was good as expected. it has a nice patio. It is a great addition to the Akron area. it has a very fun specialty cocktail menu.Special Features:
- Delicious !baconizluvDined on 7/3/2014Went to this restaurant for a 5 course tasting with my sister in town from Miami. The cocktails were refreshing and the food was delicious. My favorite was the pork belly appetizer and the duck. Her favorite was the green spaghetti. The service was great and the atmosphere was fun. Would definitely go back. Will take my husband next time.Special Features:
- SophisticatedOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/3/2014Dba has a very cool vibe while being sophisticated. We sat near the window facing the valley and loved it. The food was excellent-ribeye, scallops, braised short rib and strawberry Napoleon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRJAONEVIPDined on 7/1/2014Have been to DBA in the past and really enjoyed ourselves. This trip, not so much. The first glass of wine had clearly been poured from a bottle that had been opened for a while. Ack. Should have never reached the table. I selected another, which was OK. The waitress was awesome -- she offered a taste of one of her fave blends. Great service. Wasn't horribly hungry, so ordered the chicken salad (yummy) and the short rib small plate. It was three pieces of gristly shoe leather on a plate. Was surprised the dish made it out of the kitchen. it was clearly overcooked. It was a Tuesday night, and no too crowded. It felt like the B team was in the kitchen. Will we be back? Not anytime soon. Wasn't billed 4 small plate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Dining ExperienceBertDined on 6/28/2014Fabulous restaurant with exceptional food and wonderful service. A must go place to add to your Akron experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service lacking and distractedlindaVIPDined on 6/27/2014We enjoyed the food and the view but had less than perfect service. Server was distracted, things came out slowly, and there was a disconnect between kitchen and staff. After all ordering the special, about 15 minutes passed and server came back to say the special was gone. Seems like the kitchen would have said they were down to a few of this entree so staff could be prepared to check. Wine that was ordered to complement the appetizer and a different for the meal came after the food was nearly gone. Too good of a kitchen for this to happen.Special Features:
- Exception Akron ExperienceJimWDined on 6/27/2014A first class restaurant in Akron. A new gem on our list of favorites. Food was outstanding, and service exceptional!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Food - Service LackingChicagoMickDined on 6/27/2014The menu was limited but the food was very tasty and well-presented. A disappointment in service occurred when our waiter said he could not leave the salt and pepper on the table because there was no room. There were three of us at a table for four, so there was plenty of room for the small salt shaker. When we arrived shortly after our guest, she told us of the rude treatment she received from the valet. She is handicapped and when she asked the valet where she could park, he rudely told her that he had no idea and he was only the valet and didn't know the area.Special Features:
- LarryDined on 6/24/2014Highlight is the level of service efficient yet not imposing. Rib eye was the highest quality I have had in some time. Only disappointment was the toughness of the short ribs although the Asian style had excellent flavor.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely Amazing!KatyDined on 6/23/2014There is nothing bad to say about D.B.A. My husband and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary earlier this week. We were greeted at our table with complimentary sparkling wine! I felt so special! We ordered the 5-course, wine-paired meal and Tom (our server) was extremely knowledgable about the wine and the food. I tried some new wines, and found a new favorite. Thank you for a very memorable evening!Special Features:
- DBA - An Akron GemRogerDined on 6/21/2014What a great dining experience! The decor is wonderful and the bar is the nicest in all of Akron. The patio is perfect for late night drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome 5 course tasting with wineBrittanymichelleDined on 6/20/2014Joesph was wonderful! He paired our wines perfectly! He was knowledgable and eloquent! Impeccable service and amazing innovative dishes!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Service and great foodRamgalenDined on 6/19/2014We loved everything about Dante. Our first time here to celebrate my partner's birthday and it was what we have looking for in the Akron area dining scene. The sage and cucumber martini was a pleasantly astonishing combination and a must try. The cavatelli was right on and the sauce was beautifully done. Although we were not impressed with the flat bread, we enjoyed our night with a good view of the valley. The ambiance was pretty and the decor berlinsque. The service was great, making sure we had a comfortable dining experience. Will return to try few other dishes pretty soon or atleast just for the drinks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not ImpressiveOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/18/2014This was my third visit to DBA and again it was a mixed bag again I want to like this restaurant but left me flat again. The Server was competent and polite in service delivery but had no personality and did not engage us at all, never asking us if we had questions, never talking about the menu, etc...just went through the motions. The cocktails were fantastic. The food mixed...of the 6 appetizers/entrees...I would say a few were very good, most just ok, and couple fair at best. The napoleon dessert not enjoyed and the ice cream two of us ordered was laughable. The portion is ridiculously small.....the spoon is twice the size of the portion. I get premium products in small portions but this is silly. Everyone at the table agreed.Special Features:
- Best restaurtant in Akron!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/17/2014DBA is by far the nicest restaurant in Akron. Finally a hip fine dining loctation that you do not have to drive to Cleveland to enjoy. Outstanding food, service and atmosphere. Close your browser and make a b-line for DBA!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Two thumbs up!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/17/2014Excellent food -- very well done and different than the standard American fare. Good service, great wine list, fantastic spot for a nice meal out.Special Features:
- Great family dinnerFamilyofFoodiesDined on 6/17/2014Chose DBA to celebrate my 50th with family including children, 16, 13 and 10. What a fantastic evening! Food, wine, service and atmosphere were outstanding. Great table with nice valley view added to the experience. Thanks to the DBA team for making my children feel like welcomed young adults. We'll done. DBA is Akron's hidden gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great decor, great view, great foodWineguyVIPDined on 6/10/2014Excellent looking place in the trendy Furnace St. neighborhood in Akron. Free parking or if all spots are filled, valet is only $4. Great spot with a great view, ask for one of the high tops by the window in the back. Several small private dining areas. Awesome small plate menu with the opportunity to basically create your own tasting menu. Fantastic wine list with many wines by the glass.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.