DB Brasserie - The Venetian
3355 Las Vegas Blvd South
Las Vegas, NV 89109Neighborhood:
The Venetian and Palazzo
French AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
DB Brasserie - The Venetian
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dbbrasserie.com/
- Phone: 7024301235
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 3:00pm.
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 11:00pm.
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, French American, French
- Executive Chef: David Middleton
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from DB Brasserie - The Venetian
Daniel Boulud returns to the Las Vegas strip with a contemporary French-American restaurant highlighting updated bistro classics, shellfish, charcuterie, and premium steaks. Located on "Restaurant Row" just off the casino floor at The Venetian, DB Brasserie serves both lunch and dinner in a casual yet comfortable ambiance. Bar and lounge seating is always available and walk-ins are welcome. We feature a three-course prix-fixe menu in addition to a large a la carte menu. DB Brasserie has two private rooms that can accommodate up to 20 people each.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DB Brasserie - The Venetian reviews from OpenTable diners
175 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (96)special occasion (62)notable wine list (52)romantic (43)great for lunch (38)good for groups (37)hot spot (20)great for brunch (12)vibrant bar scene (12)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (4)kid-friendly (3)Show More
- Late night meal at DBrasserie.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/15/2014Arrived exactly on time for resetvation at 22:30. The hostess led me to the table without even the slightest smile of courtesy or acknowlegement. The servers on the other hand were friendly and professional, and the food was great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Bar - Good Food Poor ServiceTXTravelerJiDined on 9/13/2014Arrived about 8:20 and had drinks in great bar with really cool bartenders. Infused syrups with Makers Mark.. Service then was poor to non existent.
- Great Service, great food!hockeyfoodDined on 9/13/2014My wife and I loved it. Great menu, everything, including a mocktail, was excellent. Service couldn't have been better. Definitely coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing and over staffedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/13/2014When we entered the restaurant we were greeted and seated immediately. After that though, it was downhill. The food was mediocre and the service was very poor. It took us 20 minutes to get drinks and bread. When we talked to the manager, he did not even apologize. I would not go back again.
- Great lunch, need to do dinnerLunchbunchDined on 9/11/2014Went for lunch. Elegant but unpretentious. Nicely paced lunch, unrushed. Food was created would return. Local friendly..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing experienceTraveller01Dined on 9/10/20141. Music terrible. Loud boom-boom music. Staff explained it was designed to give the restaurant an edgy feel. It did - I nearly went over the edge with annoyance 2. After asking waiter to allow for a break between appetiser and main course (which he arranged) our main meal arrived within a couple of seconds of appetiser plate clearance. Great apology and offer to take the meals back. Explanation was that the chef made a mistake - he got carried away.Special Features:
- TravellingfoodieDined on 9/10/2014Wonderful meal and exceptional service. Everything was presented with styleSpecial Features:
- OaktownieVIPDined on 9/9/2014Excellent wine list and service. Apart from a thin-crust onion/bacon/cheese tart in which the cheese overwhelmed the other flavors (the opposite of what was expected), the food was superb: the pate with large mushrooms was wonderful, a slight liverwurst taste though mild and multi-flavored; the crisped duck confit retained moistness and tenderness while the vegetables absorbed the fact; the desert, a chocolate echelle, was delicious with hazelnut ice cream on the side, lots of cholocaty frosting, and light cake. Absolutely will return.Special Features:
- Best French in LVGrzyDined on 9/6/2014The entire dinner was an experience. The food was outstanding and of the best quality possible. The fried calamari was so soft, i could swear they massaged the squid for hours, barely chewy, air-light fried and delicious sauce. The duck confit was salty, but moist and tasty, soft, what a healthy ducky. The halibut was so soft and fresh, it flaked slices of butter flesh. The cocktails (Melon Mule) were a little weak but very good nonetheless. This place is guaranteed to surprise even the most experienced foodies. I know I was.Special Features:
- Nice experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/6/2014This restaurant just opened 3 months ago (new location) and the staff are impeccably trained and professional, very friendly and helpful. Loved the green water glasses on the tables, menu had great variety. Nice experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 9/3/2014Prix Fixe menu with premium wine paring was excellent. I was leary about the skirt steak but it was excellent, very tender with an intense sauce that was absolutely delicious. The wait help was overly ambitious in clearing the tables that made us feel rushed. A must try for foodies.Special Features:
- fussyfoodieDined on 8/31/2014Quite average in all respects. Way too much price to value. The squid salad was priced for a lot more than it delivered. Was really a bit of chopped cuttlefish on top of a bed of frizzee.
- Solid Bistro FoodReillysluckDined on 8/31/2014We ate here for lunch. We had the prix-fix lunch which was a good value at $32. I had the salmon rillete, which had a creamy, slightly smoked flavor and was quite good. I then got the trout, which was well cooked, but a bit salty. I would choose a different option next time. For Dessert, I ordered the frangipane tart. Best dessert I've had in Vegas. I highly recommend it for its fruity, creamy goodness.Special Features:
- Good, not greatGarthechefDined on 8/30/2014I was excited to finally try a Daniel Boules restaurant. Had come in to visit my best friend and his wife with my brother, moderately high expectations. We ordered an order of oyster and the foie gras terrine which were delicious. I order the short rib dish which was just okay. Cooked perfectly but seemed pretty season less. My brother and friend ordered the duck confit, which was very tasty but also very salty. His wife ordered the scallops which was prepared well. For dessert we got Madelines and coffee to finish the meal. Overall outside of the outstanding service, I was a little let down by the meal but would definitely come back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have be great!SonicVIPDined on 8/29/2014We had lunch here, service was good, food quality was high, food taste was not there, nor thought in useful plating. I was looking forward to eating at DB, we ordered the three course which is a great value when reading. However, the taste of the dishes were bland, and it wasn't something that salt or pepper could fix. The salmon rilettes - while visually appealing, did not have a large enough crouton or cracker for the amount of salmon, either reduced the salmon size or give a larger piece of bread. That seemed to be the theme of the restaurant, more style over substance. What happen to just plain great food?
- tasty and an imaginative restaurantbillVIPDined on 8/28/2014very good food, service, and ambience. The staff was very friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- escargots to die forjulianneDined on 8/28/2014We ordered 3 appetizers and are still arguing which one was best. But for my part, the escargots were incredible. Also good wine selection. Good menu variety. Very savory and good looking food.Special Features:
- Good not greatCraigCDined on 8/27/2014Came for dinner to celebrate birthday. Menu has changed quite a bit in the few months since opening So the duo of beef I wanted was no longer available although the Tunisian lamb was great alternative. Appetisers were all good as was the steak frites Cooked perfectly. Desserts were a Let down. Profiteroles overly hard Although nice gelato filling and chocolate sauce. The sundae was tasteless. Overall the food Was good but nothing blew us away (especially for the amount charged) and they need to sort out the music. Soft rock and pop blaring seems out of place for a French brasserie.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Way to Celebrate an OccasionRichardDined on 8/27/2014We went during restaurant week so the value was excellent. The setting is made to resemble a french bistro/brasserie and the spacing between tables enabled us to have an opportunity to converse easily. The food was the treat! Perfectly prepared and presented. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Loved it!AMVegasDined on 8/27/2014Perfect spot for an upscale yet affordable lunch. 2 beautiful courses for $25. The food will blow you away!Special Features:
- Fastest service in townretiredndiningDined on 8/27/2014Everything you expect in a Daniel Boulud restaurant, except that this one gave us service at a 100 mph. We came to this restaurant during Three Squares week for lunch. The noise level is noticeable because the reception area opens up to the casino floor. The food was very good, with the portions being generous. Our service, however, was very rushed. Felt like they were trying to close early because they had to be somewhere else. In fact, when the waiter served the main course, he began describing the dish about 5 feet from the table while attempting to utilized John Moschitta's speed talking technique (Fed Ex fast talker). He literally tossed my plate on the table as he walked by. Otherwise, would recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedlkw21Dined on 8/26/2014was excited to try a Daniel Boulud rest. but left disappointed; we went to celebrate my mom's bday and despite noting when I made the reservation and the waiter verifying, they did nothing to assist with the celebration (no cake or dessert and put us at a table at the entrance where we were basically looking at slots all meal when the rest of the restaurant was empty). food was mediocre at best. we started with 2 orders of the cold seafood tower and at $75/each, it was nothing more than a dozen oysters with 2 shrimps, 1 king crab leg and 1/2 lobster tail (will never recommend anyone to go there for this on the strip as Joe's or Mastro's does a much better job and you get your monies worth). $90 rib-eye was OK but nothing to go back for.
- Two starsPersonaltrainDined on 8/25/2014I can only speak for the pre fix menu that my party received as part of a package. The choices were slim, the food was just very average. So Many other places to choose from. SW steak house at the Wynn for example!! I would not return, nor would I recommend.
- Exquisite ExperienceTMTNYCVIPDined on 8/25/2014Booked a lunch reservation during Restaurant Week and what an amazing meal. Certainly one of the the best values of all the Las Vegas restaurants participating in Restaurant Week. Will definitely be returning to DB Brasserie!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite lunch in vegasAnnieDined on 8/25/2014Went for restaurant week and had the fixed price lunch. It was fantastic. Great food and service. Would go back just for the dessert. I was a single diner and felt very comfortable there.Special Features:
- Perfectly cooked French cuisineJJ123Dined on 8/24/2014We had guests in from out of town. Because of the special pre fixe lunch, we were able to eat 3 dishes for a very low price. Everything was cooked perfectly, seasoned exceptionally well, and the pacing of the meal was just right. This is a great place for couples to enjoy a romantic meal.Special Features:
- Restaurant Week 2014GerggDined on 8/23/2014Great deal for lunch. Lots of amazing, high end food. The wife and I were very impressed. Lots of staff and very attentive for lunch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Prix FixeSteveKDined on 8/22/2014We had a great prix fixe lunch for 4 during restaurant week.Special Features:
- Restaurant WeekralomarVIPDined on 8/22/2014Went for lunch each dish was delicious. The service was excellent and the restaurant was buzzing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful!!SabrinaMataDined on 8/21/2014Wonderful french/ american food!! I love the taste dishes from the Top Chef, Daniel!! Amazing experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- inexcusable servicefoodluv7Dined on 8/18/2014I was appalled with this restaurant! We had reservations here for a late dinner and both selected sea bass. Turns out they only had 1 left. No big deal. We looked at the menu again and chose the short ribs, and we could share. The waiter said they were out of short ribs, as well. We settled on filet. Then, the manager came over and said they had to remake the sea bass for another table, and we needed to select yet another item from the menu. At this point, I would have expected an entree on the house. That suggestion was never made. Our food then took over 1 1/2 hrs. Only when the waiter overheard me saying there was no way I was going to give him a good tip, did he offer us a comp glass of wine. But, he asked us not to tell his boss.
- connoiseurSaucemanDined on 8/16/2014We where greeted nicely, Happy Birthday to my Wife ! Then try to seat us on exhubition Table, even i requested a somewhat off Table. Problem resolved, no Problem. Food was OK, being a Chef and in the Business for over 40 Years (from Alsace) i'd expected a bit more Finesse! especially with the Tarte Flambee.......we think the Place is way over Priced !!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB has done it again!FoodiefromNYCDined on 8/15/2014Can't lose with Daniel Boloud - you are guaranteed an amazing meal!Special Features:
- High Hopes, But Lacking FinesseGingerbeardBrianDined on 8/10/2014Great Setting, but needs more refinement, carrots undercooked and hard, shortrib was overcooked. Scallops & Rock shrimp was sandy/gritty, cocktails were nice though.Special Features:
- mdhinvegasmdhinvegasDined on 8/10/2014Not the same DB's as he used to have at Wynn for sure. Think I will go back to T. Keller's place for French food instead.
- DisappointedExChefDined on 8/7/2014Right off casino floor... noisy and darkish. Service was ambivilent and provided zero personal touch. Food was OK but nothing spectacular relative to price and reputation of chef. Would not go again. Suggest going upstairs to Bouchon by Thomas Kellar which was truly 5 star in all respects.
- A Boulud dissapoinmentSadNYCVIPDined on 8/7/2014For a Vegas restaurant very good, for a Boulud restaurant, such a disappointment
- What's the point?PMxxVIPDined on 8/6/2014i made a reservation using Open Table which was quick and easy as always. Then the next morning i received a voice mail from the restaurant, DB Brasserie, informing me that I had to call them to confirm my reservation. Not only was this an unnecessary annoyance, but what is the point of booking a table using Open Table if I have to call the restaurant anyway to confirm. For this reason, as well as the poor service, I will not be returning to DB Brasserie
- disappointingDaddyDinesDined on 8/5/2014I expected more from this brasserie, the main issue was the slow service;20 minutes before order being taken, 45 minutes before appetisers were delivered and it wasn't a busy evening. Food was ok but a two course meal took 2 hours, far too long. It wasn't worth the $.
- Not up to the hype...HotelGuruDined on 8/4/2014In our experience, generally over-rated for a weeknight ay 7:00PM. Roasted chicken and Beef Duo were our entrée choices. Both were good with solid presentation. Sauce with the Roasted chicken was a bit overwhelming with a heavy, almost caramel consistency. We were sat close to the front entrance near the casino floor which is a shame--the noise overflow is grating and I wish they had "windows" to the casino floor that would at least allow for some overflow noise reduction. Service was disappointing at this price point. Simple things like refilling water, lack of menu knowledge, back servers that don't clear a table, lack of dessert offerings, and a simple lack of attention were evident throughout the dinner.