db Bistro Moderne Miami
255 Biscayne Boulevard Way
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
db Bistro Moderne Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dbbistro.com/Miami
- Phone: 3054218800x
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jason Pringle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Special Events & Promotions: We offer a number of summer season specials:
Happy Hour in the Bar: Enjoy inventive small plates while you relax with friends in our spacious cocktail lounge. Monday through Friday from 5:00–8:00 pm $7.00 drink specials. Our DJ performs every Tuesday thru Friday Nights
- Special Events: For the remainder of the year, take advantage of our three-course dinner menu, Priced a two attractive options $75 or the luxury $95, Exclusive of tax and gratuity. Host a private luncheon event with packages from $38 per person.
We invite you to host your next private lunch, dinner or cocktail reception event in one of our dining rooms, cocktail lounge, or in our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options accommodating up to 70 guests. For a more intimate evening, inquire about our luxurious Wine Tower serving up to eight guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud’s spirit of hospitality and attention to detail. Executive Chef Jason Pringle will work directly with you to customize a menu to suit your taste and the style of your event.
Please contact out Private Event coordinator Holly Pacheco, Holly.Pacheco@mdmusa.com
A word from db Bistro Moderne Miami
db offers three enticing settings to enjoy Daniel Boulud’s inventive French-American bistro cooking in a relaxed setting. Our menu is tailored to everyday bistro tastes and adventurous foodies alike. Enjoy Happy Hour weeknights in our Lounge and Bar overlooking the Miami River. We offer great cocktails and a small-plates menu in addition to our full lunch and dinner menus. Our extensive cocktail and wine lists make for the perfect drink, whatever your mood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
db Bistro Moderne Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
db Bistro Moderne Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (80)special occasion (77)romantic (53)notable wine list (43)vibrant bar scene (24)hot spot (24)good for groups (21)great for lunch (18)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (9)late-night find (5)great for brunch (4)great for outdoor dining (3)scenic view (3)Show More
- DisappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived at the appointed time and were quickly taken to our table by the friendly host. Downhill from there. We waited 15 minutes for the wine list. The time between appetizer and main course was more than 45 minutes, with no one coming near the table to apologize or even pour wine. Appetizers were very good, but main courses arrived (after all that time) lukewarm. Chicken dish was dry. Dessert was again very good, but the service was so poor, we just wanted out. We expect higher quality service (and food) for the type of restaurant.
- UnderwhelmingHonestCriticDined on 10/18/2014We were a group of 4 so we tried several different apps and entrees. Nothing was above average in terms of taste. Wouldn't recommend this restaurant as your money would be much better spent elsewhere. The restaurant seemed about 40% full on a Saturday evening which tells me that the word is already out. Hope this is helpful.
- Not what expectedNinjaTropicalDined on 10/4/2014the location inside the hotel lobby, the layout of the tables, the service, one menu on the web other at the place, music horrible, not a Daniel Boulud place. Must be close and open in another location with better energy in the area and with the staff.
- Amazing dessertnatidumiamiDined on 10/1/2014I've choosen the hamburger and fries. It was good, but not outstanding. But I've loved the dessert with goat cheese ice cream. Amazing! Memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ultimate In Bad Miami ServiceKOKODined on 9/30/2014I have never written a review, but my experience was bad enough that I'd be remiss not to share. We went on the last day of Miami Spice, which could explain for the lack of attentiveness, but everything from the appetizers to the desserts was horrible. We waited an hour from when we sat down to order. A different waiter had to take our order, as our original one had mysteriously vanished, only to appear another half hour later to finally pour more wine. Others with us had no complaints regarding their food, however, the service here is so bad that everything puts a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- MoviemomMoviemomDined on 9/27/2014Ambiance was excellent. Service was friendly and attentive.one of our party did not like their appetizer.. Both the manager and waiter came over and offered so ething else. They couldn't haven't been nicer. We had Miami Spice menu.
- Good but not outstandingSdineDined on 9/26/2014Went for the Miami Spice menu. Been to about 6-7 different Miami Spice places this year and it was good but not great. Most places I have been to for the $39 price were great. The pork shank was very very good but everything else like the duck appetizer and dessert were just good. The flounder was very average at best, very dry with even some bones in it. Overall it was a decent meal for myself (I didn't have the fish) but not sure if the Miami Spice tasting would bring me back here. It might had just been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodbuddyDined on 9/26/2014A fan of Daniel in NYC. Db here is NOT comparable. Venison too tough to eat. Watercress in salad was soggy and wilted. Our second time, and a second disappointment.Special Features:
- Horrible service and foodjd5606Dined on 9/20/2014Literally the worst service I've ever had at a restaurant. My reservation was for 8:30 pm and I didn't sit at a table until 10:00 pm. The host was extremely rude and didn't remember us checking in. The food was inexcusable. I don't have anything positive to say except for the cheese plate and the jasmine tea - I'll leave it at that. The ambiance is nice though. But it can't possibly make up for the atrocious service and food.Special Features:
- We'll be back!JacobDined on 9/20/2014We've done many Miami Spice restaurants this summer. This was the best combination of food, service and ambiance. There were 3 of us and we sampled nearly everything on the Miami Spice menu. Everything was delicious, but special kudos to the shrimp-encrusted flounder in lobster bisque sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still WonderfulLove2TravelVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been many times and were not disappointed. This restaurant is consistently excellent in food preparation and service. I ordered a delicious flounder and my husband enjoyed his meal as well. We were celebrating our anniversary and they provided a lovely basket of incredible madelines.Special Features:
- Never more come backrodrigocbaDined on 9/17/2014manager and waiters very polite and bad slow!! Drink is not good and beer very hot
- Contemporary ElegancenativeVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service was perfect. Exciting menu with great presentation and really delicious.Special Features:
- db Moderne is da BESTFrasinatorDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was fantastic. Ordered the db Burger house speciality..... Was the best burger I have EVER had. No burger can or will compare. Each bite was a gastronomic experience and then you hit the foie gras in the centre! Game over! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute db Bistro Moderne meal!hangryDined on 9/13/2014I reserved a table of 8 last minute on a Saturday night at db Bistro Moderne. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised that we were placed in a private dining room at the wine cellar . The charm of the cellar wore off when other servers came in to remove wines, but it wasn't a big factor to me. I didn't like the ladder that was placed right behind me though. The food was good but not to the usual db exceptional level. The escargot was a little too simple for what I expect from db. I think there could have been more spices to develop the flavor. Off the Miami spice menu, the linguini fra diavolo was over salted, the smoked sturgeon was OK yet bland, the steak was cooked perfectly but bland; however all the desserts were commendable!Special Features:
- DBBistroluv2dineVIPDined on 9/10/2014really great. Fabulous Miami Spice menu. we had an almost private room for 6. very quiet. very good service. food outstanding.presented beautifully. nearly perfect meal....Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Heard they have the best pastry chef around, so we went in for dessert and ended up having them all. 9 desserts and a great bottle of wine (recommended by the knowledgeable sommelier) later, and we were convinced the delivery lived up to the hype...and full. Fun evening, great atmosphere, and highly skilled staff. Thank you all, especially Chef Jerome and the pastry department!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and FunElipDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance. I would totally recommend it.
- continental experienceJudgeDined on 9/6/2014I have mixed feelings about our dinner. The food was extremely good and the portions small, as one would expect. We had the lamb and grouper off the Miami Speice menu and had to be supplemented by french fries as the desserts were equally modest. We could understand half of what the waiter advised us as the noise and his accent worked against him. The wines, the american Cabernet and French White Burgundy off the the wines by the glass menu, were memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, probably the best in Miami. Good atmosphere, a pity it has no viewsSpecial Features:
- MissedFoooodieDined on 9/5/2014Of the five of us who dined, only one really enjoyed her meal. Of the other four, it varied from ok to "I only at one bite." . Prior experiences were ok, but this time db missed.Special Features:
- Just grand!BertDined on 9/5/2014Each time I dine at DB Bistro the experience is better than the previous visit. The food, the service the atmosphere professionalism all make each visit better than the previous one. My dinning companions are all enchanted as well. We always look forward to future dinning experiences at a DB restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and late night scenebradsiffVIPDined on 9/4/2014DB always has good food and this location in Miami has a good vibe going as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Downtown Upscale DiningCranebrothersVIPDined on 9/3/2014Restaurant chicly appointed but no warmth/romance. Menu limited but interesting enough to appeal to most.We ordered Champagne served at the perfect temperature & poured evenly throughout dinner. Amuse bouche was delightful made with Gruyere Cheese puff pastry. Our appetizers Foie Gras pâté & Escargot. Foie Grasse was beautifully presented, the flavors the chef blended with a mango coils & nuts delightful. The Paella interesting, & Coq Au Vin good but neither wowed us. Desert Macarons & Bon Bons heavenly. A plate of Petite Madeleine’s was sent saying Happy Anniversary, the next day they were wonderful! Valet service very good, gave us a heads up it takes 10 minutes to get your car allowed resturant to have it brought up.Special Features:
- Perfect Miami SpiceCGdinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been to a number of restaurants to try the Miami Spice menu and this was by far the nicest experience. For me the purpose is to try and new restaurant, see the menu and decide if I want to come back and I am more than convinced. A really lovely lunch for me and my guests who all agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbnomdeplumeDined on 8/30/2014This is the best food in Miami. Always perfect. I love my new favorite restaurant. Pastry chef needs an award!!!!! the bar area is lovely.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 8/30/2014The Jambon Persille was good but the shrimp Cavetelli was excellent. The Duck Confit was excellent and the Lobster boil was very good. The chocolate bar was a delicious dessert and the cheese plate was excellent. The Miami Spice Menu from appetizers to dessert is very good as was the recommended wine pairing, a nice spanish cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfussyfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We very much enjoyed the Miami Spice special menu. The cavatelli was divine. The Branzino was perfect. Service is always so gracious there.
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Disappointing. Valet was a mess and service was not what you would expect. Food was good, though, which saved the evening.
- Extremely Pricey average foodJPLauderdaleDined on 8/29/2014This was the most expensive meal we've ever had. $230 for a shared salad, pork chop, hamburger, desserts, 2 cocktails and bottled water. The pork chop was very fatty and oddly flavorless. The hamburger was just average, nothing special. The desserts were ok. On the plus side, the restaurant is beautiful, elegant and trendy. The service was superb, the staff very knowledgable. Will we go back? No.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceIcebergDined on 8/29/2014Have been for Miami Spice for both lunch and dinner. Great, reasonable menu for both. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerneMazeDined on 8/28/2014Gostamos muito, decoração, sugestões no cardápio, menu do MIAMISPICE. Tudo 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegasusVIPDined on 8/23/2014Lovely downtown restaurant in the new JW Marriott. Wonderful food, great service!Special Features:
- Lives up to its fine reputation...OmnivoreVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had heard excellent comments about this restaurant and was not at all disappointed. Not only was their Miami Spice menu representative of their usual fine dishes, but apparently they change it every 2 weeks, so they definitely encourage repeat "Spicers." The fish (branzino) was cooked to perfection, as was the duck confit. The tomato soup was the best I've ever had, and the desserts were balanced and delicious. Unlike fine Continental food that I've had elsewhere in Miami, this was not too salty...just right. I was disappointed that they were out of the draft IPA, but they made up for it with everything else. Parking is a problem if you don't want valet, since there's no option, and the restaurant charges $12 to stamp your ticket.Special Features:
- fantasticnomdeplumeDined on 8/23/2014This is a wonderful restaurant, service, and all around dining experience. I am going back again this week. Food was incredible.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food, Great ServiceMiamiGGDined on 8/20/2014I had a fantastic dining experience. The restaurants decor, style and ambiance was all very chic and classy. I would recommend to everyone this venue. The food was delicious and well presented. The staff attentive, friendly and well mannered. I had a great evening over all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck was too saltySnoodleDined on 8/18/20141. My duck confit was way too salty. 2. The DB burger was good except for the horseradish, and I couldn't discern the scent of truffle. 3. The granola should be left off of the rice pudding. It's a dessert, not breakfast! Besides, the granola was flavorless and just sad. Aside from those three things, everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodmaynardDined on 8/16/2014The food was good and deserving of a 4 star caliber. The ambiance on the other hand was too cramped and not much to be desired. The seating areas are too close and conversations from adjacent tables can be easily heard. The bar area is unique. The decor is chic and the layout provides plenty of space for intimate conversation as well as group gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had expectedkissthecookDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is elegant. The service was impeccable. The food, not so much. My fish could have been excellent but it was cold, and I mean cold. We were 4 people and we all found the food average. We really were expecting so much more from this fine chef. The wine list is very nice and priced well. We had an excellent muscadet. The dessert was also better than the rest of the food. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- happydiner1happydiner1Dined on 8/16/2014more than just being a beautiful restaurant, the service was warm and impeccable. The food was exquisite. What a delight to dine at db Bistro Moderne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.