db Bistro Moderne Miami
255 Biscayne Boulevard Way
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
db Bistro Moderne Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dbbistro.com/Miami
- Phone: (305) 421-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jason Pringle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Special Events & Promotions: We offer a number of summer season specials:
Happy Hour in the Bar: Enjoy inventive small plates while you relax with friends in our spacious cocktail lounge. Monday through Friday from 5:00–8:00 pm $7.00 drink specials. Our DJ performs every Tuesday thru Friday Nights
- Special Events: For the remainder of the year, take advantage of our three-course dinner menu, Priced a two attractive options $75 or the luxury $95, Exclusive of tax and gratuity. Host a private luncheon event with packages from $38 per person.
We invite you to host your next private lunch, dinner or cocktail reception event in one of our dining rooms, cocktail lounge, or in our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options accommodating up to 70 guests. For a more intimate evening, inquire about our luxurious Wine Tower serving up to eight guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud’s spirit of hospitality and attention to detail. Executive Chef Jason Pringle will work directly with you to customize a menu to suit your taste and the style of your event.
Please contact out Private Event coordinator Holly Pacheco, Holly.Pacheco@mdmusa.com
A word from db Bistro Moderne Miami
db offers three enticing settings to enjoy Daniel Boulud’s inventive French-American bistro cooking in a relaxed setting. Our menu is tailored to everyday bistro tastes and adventurous foodies alike. Enjoy Happy Hour weeknights in our Lounge and Bar overlooking the Miami River. We offer great cocktails and a small-plates menu in addition to our full lunch and dinner menus. Our extensive cocktail and wine lists make for the perfect drink, whatever your mood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
db Bistro Moderne Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
db Bistro Moderne Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (83)romantic (55)notable wine list (45)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (22)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- Just OKOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/29/2014Disappointing. Valet was a mess and service was not what you would expect. Food was good, though, which saved the evening.
- Extremely Pricey average foodJPLauderdaleDined on 8/29/2014This was the most expensive meal we've ever had. $230 for a shared salad, pork chop, hamburger, desserts, 2 cocktails and bottled water. The pork chop was very fatty and oddly flavorless. The hamburger was just average, nothing special. The desserts were ok. On the plus side, the restaurant is beautiful, elegant and trendy. The service was superb, the staff very knowledgable. Will we go back? No.Special Features:
- Miami SpiceIcebergDined on 8/29/2014Have been for Miami Spice for both lunch and dinner. Great, reasonable menu for both. Recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ModerneMazeDined on 8/28/2014Gostamos muito, decoração, sugestões no cardápio, menu do MIAMISPICE. Tudo 10.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PegasusVIPDined on 8/23/2014Lovely downtown restaurant in the new JW Marriott. Wonderful food, great service!Special Features:
- Lives up to its fine reputation...OmnivoreVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had heard excellent comments about this restaurant and was not at all disappointed. Not only was their Miami Spice menu representative of their usual fine dishes, but apparently they change it every 2 weeks, so they definitely encourage repeat "Spicers." The fish (branzino) was cooked to perfection, as was the duck confit. The tomato soup was the best I've ever had, and the desserts were balanced and delicious. Unlike fine Continental food that I've had elsewhere in Miami, this was not too salty...just right. I was disappointed that they were out of the draft IPA, but they made up for it with everything else. Parking is a problem if you don't want valet, since there's no option, and the restaurant charges $12 to stamp your ticket.Special Features:
- fantasticnomdeplumeDined on 8/23/2014This is a wonderful restaurant, service, and all around dining experience. I am going back again this week. Food was incredible.Special Features:
- Fabulous Food, Great ServiceMiamiGGDined on 8/20/2014I had a fantastic dining experience. The restaurants decor, style and ambiance was all very chic and classy. I would recommend to everyone this venue. The food was delicious and well presented. The staff attentive, friendly and well mannered. I had a great evening over all.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Duck was too saltySnoodleDined on 8/18/20141. My duck confit was way too salty. 2. The DB burger was good except for the horseradish, and I couldn't discern the scent of truffle. 3. The granola should be left off of the rice pudding. It's a dessert, not breakfast! Besides, the granola was flavorless and just sad. Aside from those three things, everything was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodmaynardDined on 8/16/2014The food was good and deserving of a 4 star caliber. The ambiance on the other hand was too cramped and not much to be desired. The seating areas are too close and conversations from adjacent tables can be easily heard. The bar area is unique. The decor is chic and the layout provides plenty of space for intimate conversation as well as group gatherings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not what I had expectedkissthecookDined on 8/16/2014The restaurant is elegant. The service was impeccable. The food, not so much. My fish could have been excellent but it was cold, and I mean cold. We were 4 people and we all found the food average. We really were expecting so much more from this fine chef. The wine list is very nice and priced well. We had an excellent muscadet. The dessert was also better than the rest of the food. I was disappointed.Special Features:
- happydiner1happydiner1Dined on 8/16/2014more than just being a beautiful restaurant, the service was warm and impeccable. The food was exquisite. What a delight to dine at db Bistro Moderne!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Casual eleganceGourmandsfDined on 8/16/2014Went for Miami spice. The spice menu is very nice. Took a supplemental entrée for $10 extra which seem to be well worth it. Service unobtrusive but very attentive. I felt the valet charge of $12 was rather over-the-top given that this is an expensive restaurant even with the Miami spice menu. The dishes which I and my friends had could be described as creative, elegant, and satisfying. I would definitely recommend this restaurant mostly for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious all the wayScottDined on 8/16/2014As always, Daniel Boulud exceeds our expectations. The food was plentiful, superb quality and each bite was delicious. Even though we went during Miami Spice, it certainly didn't seem any less than the regular menu. Highly recommend for those with refined taste buds.Special Features:
- excellent food and service!buffyDined on 8/15/2014You must try this excellent restaurant. Excellent chef, superb food. Allan, our server, was very knowledgeable and courteous. If you are looking for the best restaurant around the area, you must go here. Kudos to the chef.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant, terrible parkingTeleGuyVIPDined on 8/15/2014We loved our meal, as usual, and service was stellar. However, this is the third time the parking situation at the J.W. Marriott has been maddening. It took us at least 15 mins to get into the poorly managed valet, with guests leaving their cars in the middle of the driveway. Then on the way out, despite the $12 "special rate" charge that was added to our dinner check, we still had to wait 15-20 minutes for the car to come back. After a pleasant, romantic meal, the last thing one wants is to have to sit around in a hotel driveway waiting for a car. Not db's fault (still 5 stars), but it was bad enough that I would not recommend going to db's unless you have another place to park, or are walking over from a different downtown location.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- irinairinaDined on 8/15/2014Excellent restaurant. Always had a great time there. One of our favorites. Been going since it opened.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- EdibleEdibleDined on 8/12/2014Couldn't have been better, both in terms of service and foodSpecial Features:
- Miami SpiceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 8/11/2014Deep Spice menu with excellent portion sizes. Key Lime Brulee to die for!!!I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very DisappointedgplsDined on 8/9/2014The menu is not impressive and limited as was the wine list by the glass (hire a sommelier). We ordered the small sea food platter which was good. Our second course took some time to arrive and after inquiring it arrive a minute later cold. The octopus was so cold it was uneatable the steak, also cold, took some muscles to cut through. When you are charging $42 for a steak it should be very good and not tough. The tomato salad that accompanies the steak is SAD. A high end restaurant should make an effort to include warm vegetables or something more creative. I have had better in much less pretentious places. Overall a lot of hype for a less than mediocre meal. Mr.Boulud has stretched himself too thin and the quality has suffered.
- paris4passionDined on 8/9/2014excellent, best service that I have experienced in MiamiSpecial Features:
- Dom7Dined on 8/9/2014The restaurant is beautiful and the food outstandingSpecial Features:
- Very SpecialDisappointedVIPDined on 8/9/2014We went to this downtown Miami On the recommendation of a friend, we decided to try this restaurant during the Miami Spice. They did not skimp on Miami Spice dishes. The service and food were excellent though and we had an enjoyable evening. It was a little pricey but worth a special evening with friends or celebration.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great discoverHappycustomerDined on 8/8/2014We visit the place for the first time and we had a great experience. Excellent food and friendly staff. We had the Miami Spice Menu and the options were very good.Special Features:
- COULD OF BEEN BETTER!!!UNPRETENTIOUSDined on 8/6/2014Went for spice, and wrote that on the reservation. Service was very slow at first, and the server seemed displeased towards us, which brings me back towards maybe I shouldn't have written that we were going to do spice on the reservation. Upon asking for some of the menu descriptions they were communicated vaguely(not very good explanations). After adding dishes off the spice menu, and ordering a couple inexpensive bottles of wine, the demeanor of the server and service seemed to improve. I would imagine because we still paid over $100 per person. Desserts were over the top. The coq au vin though, was bland. Braising should be the most flavorful at a french restaurant with such a classic chef for a name. Get it together staff.
- A Miami Spice treatDumbdudeVIPDined on 8/5/2014DbBistro is located in the Marriott Marquis hotel and as such has much of the limited ambiance of restaurants in large commercial space. The spice menu for dinner was very good, particularly the duck pate appetizer. Main courses were very inventive. Coq A Vin was as advertised, a rich signature dish. The swordfish was also very good. Given the normal prices at this restaurant, the Miami Spice menu is a definite bargain. We would have enjoyed the evening a bit more if we hadn't felt as though we were in a hotel coffee shop.Special Features:
- Expected MoreMiaFoodieDined on 8/4/2014There were perhaps 6 people in the restaurant. Food was good, not great. No where close to exceptional. Service was spotty. Waiter would not recommend anything which annoyed me at a restaurant I was not familiar with. Not sure I would return. There was no music, it was way too quite. I felt like I had to whisper. No warmth or energy with the décor or employees.
- Miami Spice major disappointmentmiamifoodieVIPDined on 8/4/2014I hadn't been to DB Bistro Moderne in awhile and thought I'd go back for Miami Spice. It was a huge disappointment. Menu items were low cost ingredients (pasta, chicken, salads) but worse, everything was tasteless and too salty. I sent back the ravioli and got the chicken paillard which had no taste and came with a small green salad. My friend got the seafood cassoulet which had a decent seafood mix but again, tasted of nothing. Daniel Boulud has always had a quality product. What happened here? I rated it overall fair but had I rated it on value, it would be poor.
- French fine dininghbsauceDined on 8/2/2014Had a great dining experience, even though we ordered the Miami Spice menu. Everything was deliciously prepared and the service was good. Christophe, the manager was really nice. Thank you db Bistro Moderne!Special Features:
- One of very best in MiamimacmrktDined on 8/2/2014From service to food to decor, an unparalleled dining experience. Worthy of the DB name. The only problem is that after eating here, former places I liked don't seem very good!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and serviceMikeyJFlaDined on 8/2/2014We came here for Miami Spice and we loved it. The food was excellent and the service was top notch. I would highly recommend.Special Features:
- Wonderful eveningsouthfloridatransplantVIPDined on 8/2/2014Have been to restaurant before and been very pleased. Decided to try during Miami Spice event. Quality and service were on par with previous experiences. Excellent food, stellar service, lovely venue. Highly recommend during "regular" season as well as Miami Spice.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- You get what you pay forDamianDDined on 8/1/2014It's an old saw, but definitely true at DB Bistro Moderne. The menu isn't particularly sexy or inventive, but trust the execution and ingredients. The service is peerless with out being fussy. The manager was engaging and very visible in the off chance anything went awry. Oh, and the cocktails on the short list are prepared with the same attention to detail. The unassuming White Cosmo featured an ice globe encasing a whole orchid, spinning blithely in the glass. Unexpected surprise.Special Features:
- Great but pricey.AlexDined on 8/1/2014Great spot and ambiance. Food is sophisticated and delicious. Service is excellent. Very pricey though...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointsSeekerVDined on 8/1/2014Always interesting, db offers a menu designed to appeal to both conservative and adventurous diners.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 570 reviews are from the db Bistro Moderne Miami reviews archive.
- Fantastic Dining Experience!MeganVIPDined on 7/19/2014Everything we had was delicious. Stand outs were the foie gras, mussels (it was a special they had that night), and the souffle. Service was impeccable. I can't wait to return to this restaurant.Special Features:
- Bouloud fanPatMVIPDined on 7/19/2014We have dined at several of his restaurants in Canada, and neither has disappointed. The service was outstanding and the food was very good, axct for the octopus which was a tad on the cold side. Other than that, a great experience. We will return.Special Features:
- AwesomeCEEZDined on 7/12/2014Very good duck, suckling pig and red snapper paella. Good environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently Great Food and ServiceJuanDined on 7/12/2014My wife and I have dined at DB many times since its opening. The food and service never fail to impress. The setting is elegant and intimate but not snooty. DB has become our restaurant of choice for special occasions and out of town visitors. It is a superb dining experience. The wine list is a bit inaccessible but the sommelier is always willing to assist.Special Features:
- Signature burger a slight letdownAmericanDudeDined on 7/12/2014I thought the service and food was quite good. My only issue was that their signature hamburger didn't blow me away. It was good, but I think it just had a little bit too much going on and the flavors didn't play together as nicely as they appear on the menu. I kinda wish I went for the coq au vin instead. That said, our appetizer was fantastic (gnocchi with lobster sauce), drinks were nice, and service was fantastic. Definitely worth a shot for a special occasion.