db Bistro Moderne Miami
255 Biscayne Boulevard Way
Miami, FL 33131Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
db Bistro Moderne Miami
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dbbistro.com/Miami
- Phone: (305) 421-8800
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: 6:00pm - 10:00pm
Tuesday - Thursday: 6:00pm - 11:00pm
Friday - Saturday: 6:00pm - 12:00am
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 12:00pm - 2:30pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,JCB,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary French / American, French, Contemporary French
- Executive Chef: Jason Pringle
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Entertainment: Special Events & Promotions: We offer a number of summer season specials:
Happy Hour in the Bar: Enjoy inventive small plates while you relax with friends in our spacious cocktail lounge. Monday through Friday from 5:00–8:00 pm $7.00 drink specials. Our DJ performs every Tuesday thru Friday Nights
- Special Events: For the remainder of the year, take advantage of our three-course dinner menu, Priced a two attractive options $75 or the luxury $95, Exclusive of tax and gratuity. Host a private luncheon event with packages from $38 per person.
We invite you to host your next private lunch, dinner or cocktail reception event in one of our dining rooms, cocktail lounge, or in our private dining areas. We have a variety of room options accommodating up to 70 guests. For a more intimate evening, inquire about our luxurious Wine Tower serving up to eight guests. Dazzle your co-workers and friends with an evening that reflects Chef Daniel Boulud’s spirit of hospitality and attention to detail. Executive Chef Jason Pringle will work directly with you to customize a menu to suit your taste and the style of your event.
Please contact out Private Event coordinator Holly Pacheco, Holly.Pacheco@mdmusa.com
A word from db Bistro Moderne Miami
db offers three enticing settings to enjoy Daniel Boulud’s inventive French-American bistro cooking in a relaxed setting. Our menu is tailored to everyday bistro tastes and adventurous foodies alike. Enjoy Happy Hour weeknights in our Lounge and Bar overlooking the Miami River. We offer great cocktails and a small-plates menu in addition to our full lunch and dinner menus. Our extensive cocktail and wine lists make for the perfect drink, whatever your mood.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFrench
db Bistro Moderne Miami - Best Restaurants in Downtown Miami ›
db Bistro Moderne Miami reviews from OpenTable diners
142 reviews since July 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (85)special occasion (83)romantic (55)notable wine list (45)hot spot (29)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (22)great for lunch (19)neighborhood gem (16)kid-friendly (8)late-night find (7)great for brunch (6)great for outdoor dining (4)scenic view (2)Show More
- so ecxpensive!!!!!!!!!!!!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/22/2014I think so the room need to be more attractive and decorate like in the restaurant in NYSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Miami experienceAngelaVIPDined on 11/22/2014most interesting , but short menu. Excellent service by a young Costa Rican guy, I forgot his name. We forgot the Amex card in the check valet and he ran after us to the car valet to give it back. Very trendy bar suitable for a nice aperitif.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Underwhelmed.bbmiamiVIPDined on 11/21/2014The best thing I can say about deb Bistro is that the service was good and friendly. That's very important, but it wasn't enough to make up for unimpressive food. The menu doesn't provide many options. We had the db burger (a house specialty) and a scallop dish. The burger combines different types of meat and really tasted pieced together with an odd texture and no unifying flavor. The scallops were OK, but the fennel on which they were served was pretty bland. I believe db is rated at the $$ price level, but most plates were over $30. Considering the price, we expected more. The wine list is extensive but also pricey - not a lot of mid-range options. Not a bad place, but not a lot to make you want to go back. Would be great for just drinks / apps. Nice bar and it's located in the JW Marriott, so nice surroundings.Special Features:
- Service is included?FlchickDined on 11/21/2014Dined here with friends who spent the night at the marriott pre cruise, so the restaurant was convenient and we all had previously dined at another bistro moderne location. The service was just not what we expected from this fine establishment. The quality of the food did not waiver but the lousy service took away from the experiencewe since we had to ask for our beverage and food multiple times and when the bill arrived the service charge was automatically included!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Moderne Miami holds up to its brand promiseJessicaVIPDined on 11/15/2014We met a friend from LA who is also a foode and a Frenchman (how do I test my french food? well I invite a native of course). Overall the food was as expected. Great flavors, plated beautifully and just what you expect from a Boulud restaurant. The Scallopini was really delicious but I was surprised it was as seemingly deep fried as it was. The breading was thicker than I'm accustomed me. Didn't take away from the flavor experience though. The duo of beef also delicious. I probably won't order it again, the beef was tender and wonderful but for the price I was left wanting more. The Coq au Vin was superb. The Baba au Rhum was delicious. High on the sugar content but delicious. And sad but true this is the first place that I've found a decent mixed drink in Miami. Still way too sweet but decidedly less amateurish than other spots in Miami claiming fame to Mixology. The decor and ambiance is appropriate to what you expect in price point. It's beautiful and tasteful. Great for special occasions, I'll return for a date night or special dinner or for dinner at the bar. Don't forget that it's in a hotel though so don't expect everyone to match the decor...meaning you'll get the baseball, shorts-wearing people here who are also staying at the JW. Slight departure from the service and menu but expected as a hotel restaurant. The service as also great. Miami isn't known for its service or friendliness and we really enjoyed our server who was charming and approachable. Her compatriot who delivered the food was decidedly the opposite---stand-offish with the bad attitude you expect at a sceney-place like the Viceroy. However, we did eat in the bar and as such you may not get the same quality of service as you would in the dining room. Overall this place is wonderful. I look forward to eating here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- nomdeplumeDined on 11/15/2014High quality in every area every time. Outstanding service, knowledgeable wait staff, and each item is a superb dish.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatVictoriaDined on 11/12/2014Great experience, thank you to Christophe who was very helpfull all our dinner. The food was very good ! Thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful food and serviceglenng05Dined on 11/8/2014DB Bistro lives up to the expectations of a restaurant affiliated with a world-class chef. The food was delicious and the service was impeccable.Special Features:
- db Bistro Moderne is... Superb.MFrancaVIPDined on 11/6/2014We had a superb evening at db Bistro Moderne in Miami. The moans of pleasure coming from my wife as she ate the white truffles as appetizer, and later Foie Gras “Nougat” as entree were worth every second! Also need to thank Christophe Chalange, Manager, for his "fantastique" hospitality. There is no better Gentleman that Christophe.Special Features:
- Nice DinerCurruDined on 11/1/2014Took my bf for his birthday celebration. I have been here several times in the past. Always have great service. Food is consistently good. Beautiful restaurant. MD is always friendly and warm. Will def keep coming here. ONLY disappointment is ALWAYS the valet.... Get ready to sit around and wait...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DB Bistro MiamiOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/30/2014DB Bistro is a magnificent dining experience. The service was impeccable and the food world class. Daniel has definitely succeeded in bringing a bit of his talent to Miami and I look forward to going back.Special Features:
- Best Pasta of my life!deucarolDined on 10/27/2014It's hard to believe anyone could remember the best pasta they've ever had. I do, and I will! Of course, you pay the price: 100.00. But again, the best pasta of my life: White truffles with the appropriate abundance. Seafood is good. Burger is good. Desert is good. I absolutely recommend it!Special Features:
- DisappointedwjesVIPDined on 10/18/2014We arrived at the appointed time and were quickly taken to our table by the friendly host. Downhill from there. We waited 15 minutes for the wine list. The time between appetizer and main course was more than 45 minutes, with no one coming near the table to apologize or even pour wine. Appetizers were very good, but main courses arrived (after all that time) lukewarm. Chicken dish was dry. Dessert was again very good, but the service was so poor, we just wanted out. We expect higher quality service (and food) for the type of restaurant.
- UnderwhelmingHonestCriticDined on 10/18/2014We were a group of 4 so we tried several different apps and entrees. Nothing was above average in terms of taste. Wouldn't recommend this restaurant as your money would be much better spent elsewhere. The restaurant seemed about 40% full on a Saturday evening which tells me that the word is already out. Hope this is helpful.
- Not what expectedNinjaTropicalDined on 10/4/2014the location inside the hotel lobby, the layout of the tables, the service, one menu on the web other at the place, music horrible, not a Daniel Boulud place. Must be close and open in another location with better energy in the area and with the staff.
- Amazing dessertnatidumiamiDined on 10/1/2014I've choosen the hamburger and fries. It was good, but not outstanding. But I've loved the dessert with goat cheese ice cream. Amazing! Memorable!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The Ultimate In Bad Miami ServiceKOKODined on 9/30/2014I have never written a review, but my experience was bad enough that I'd be remiss not to share. We went on the last day of Miami Spice, which could explain for the lack of attentiveness, but everything from the appetizers to the desserts was horrible. We waited an hour from when we sat down to order. A different waiter had to take our order, as our original one had mysteriously vanished, only to appear another half hour later to finally pour more wine. Others with us had no complaints regarding their food, however, the service here is so bad that everything puts a bad taste in your mouth.Special Features:
- MoviemomMoviemomDined on 9/27/2014Ambiance was excellent. Service was friendly and attentive.one of our party did not like their appetizer.. Both the manager and waiter came over and offered so ething else. They couldn't haven't been nicer. We had Miami Spice menu.
- Good but not outstandingSdineDined on 9/26/2014Went for the Miami Spice menu. Been to about 6-7 different Miami Spice places this year and it was good but not great. Most places I have been to for the $39 price were great. The pork shank was very very good but everything else like the duck appetizer and dessert were just good. The flounder was very average at best, very dry with even some bones in it. Overall it was a decent meal for myself (I didn't have the fish) but not sure if the Miami Spice tasting would bring me back here. It might had just been an off day.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- mediocre foodbuddyDined on 9/26/2014A fan of Daniel in NYC. Db here is NOT comparable. Venison too tough to eat. Watercress in salad was soggy and wilted. Our second time, and a second disappointment.Special Features:
- Horrible service and foodjd5606Dined on 9/20/2014Literally the worst service I've ever had at a restaurant. My reservation was for 8:30 pm and I didn't sit at a table until 10:00 pm. The host was extremely rude and didn't remember us checking in. The food was inexcusable. I don't have anything positive to say except for the cheese plate and the jasmine tea - I'll leave it at that. The ambiance is nice though. But it can't possibly make up for the atrocious service and food.Special Features:
- We'll be back!JacobDined on 9/20/2014We've done many Miami Spice restaurants this summer. This was the best combination of food, service and ambiance. There were 3 of us and we sampled nearly everything on the Miami Spice menu. Everything was delicious, but special kudos to the shrimp-encrusted flounder in lobster bisque sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still WonderfulLove2TravelVIPDined on 9/19/2014We've been many times and were not disappointed. This restaurant is consistently excellent in food preparation and service. I ordered a delicious flounder and my husband enjoyed his meal as well. We were celebrating our anniversary and they provided a lovely basket of incredible madelines.Special Features:
- Never more come backrodrigocbaDined on 9/17/2014manager and waiters very polite and bad slow!! Drink is not good and beer very hot
- Contemporary ElegancenativeVIPDined on 9/16/2014Service was perfect. Exciting menu with great presentation and really delicious.Special Features:
- db Moderne is da BESTFrasinatorDined on 9/13/2014The food and service was fantastic. Ordered the db Burger house speciality..... Was the best burger I have EVER had. No burger can or will compare. Each bite was a gastronomic experience and then you hit the foie gras in the centre! Game over! Amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Last minute db Bistro Moderne meal!hangryDined on 9/13/2014I reserved a table of 8 last minute on a Saturday night at db Bistro Moderne. When I arrived, I was pleasantly surprised that we were placed in a private dining room at the wine cellar . The charm of the cellar wore off when other servers came in to remove wines, but it wasn't a big factor to me. I didn't like the ladder that was placed right behind me though. The food was good but not to the usual db exceptional level. The escargot was a little too simple for what I expect from db. I think there could have been more spices to develop the flavor. Off the Miami spice menu, the linguini fra diavolo was over salted, the smoked sturgeon was OK yet bland, the steak was cooked perfectly but bland; however all the desserts were commendable!Special Features:
- DBBistroluv2dineVIPDined on 9/10/2014really great. Fabulous Miami Spice menu. we had an almost private room for 6. very quiet. very good service. food outstanding.presented beautifully. nearly perfect meal....Special Features:
- Great EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/8/2014Heard they have the best pastry chef around, so we went in for dessert and ended up having them all. 9 desserts and a great bottle of wine (recommended by the knowledgeable sommelier) later, and we were convinced the delivery lived up to the hype...and full. Fun evening, great atmosphere, and highly skilled staff. Thank you all, especially Chef Jerome and the pastry department!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Trendy and FunElipDined on 9/6/2014Excellent food, service, and ambiance. I would totally recommend it.
- continental experienceJudgeDined on 9/6/2014I have mixed feelings about our dinner. The food was extremely good and the portions small, as one would expect. We had the lamb and grouper off the Miami Speice menu and had to be supplemented by french fries as the desserts were equally modest. We could understand half of what the waiter advised us as the noise and his accent worked against him. The wines, the american Cabernet and French White Burgundy off the the wines by the glass menu, were memorable.Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/5/2014Excellent food, probably the best in Miami. Good atmosphere, a pity it has no viewsSpecial Features:
- MissedFoooodieDined on 9/5/2014Of the five of us who dined, only one really enjoyed her meal. Of the other four, it varied from ok to "I only at one bite." . Prior experiences were ok, but this time db missed.Special Features:
- Just grand!BertDined on 9/5/2014Each time I dine at DB Bistro the experience is better than the previous visit. The food, the service the atmosphere professionalism all make each visit better than the previous one. My dinning companions are all enchanted as well. We always look forward to future dinning experiences at a DB restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and late night scenebradsiffVIPDined on 9/4/2014DB always has good food and this location in Miami has a good vibe going as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Downtown Upscale DiningCranebrothersVIPDined on 9/3/2014Restaurant chicly appointed but no warmth/romance. Menu limited but interesting enough to appeal to most.We ordered Champagne served at the perfect temperature & poured evenly throughout dinner. Amuse bouche was delightful made with Gruyere Cheese puff pastry. Our appetizers Foie Gras pâté & Escargot. Foie Grasse was beautifully presented, the flavors the chef blended with a mango coils & nuts delightful. The Paella interesting, & Coq Au Vin good but neither wowed us. Desert Macarons & Bon Bons heavenly. A plate of Petite Madeleine’s was sent saying Happy Anniversary, the next day they were wonderful! Valet service very good, gave us a heads up it takes 10 minutes to get your car allowed resturant to have it brought up.Special Features:
- Perfect Miami SpiceCGdinerVIPDined on 9/3/2014I have been to a number of restaurants to try the Miami Spice menu and this was by far the nicest experience. For me the purpose is to try and new restaurant, see the menu and decide if I want to come back and I am more than convinced. A really lovely lunch for me and my guests who all agreed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SuperbnomdeplumeDined on 8/30/2014This is the best food in Miami. Always perfect. I love my new favorite restaurant. Pastry chef needs an award!!!!! the bar area is lovely.Special Features:
- BrianDined on 8/30/2014The Jambon Persille was good but the shrimp Cavetelli was excellent. The Duck Confit was excellent and the Lobster boil was very good. The chocolate bar was a delicious dessert and the cheese plate was excellent. The Miami Spice Menu from appetizers to dessert is very good as was the recommended wine pairing, a nice spanish cab.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentfussyfoodieVIPDined on 8/30/2014We very much enjoyed the Miami Spice special menu. The cavatelli was divine. The Branzino was perfect. Service is always so gracious there.