Dawson's On Main
1464 Main St
Speedway, IN 46224Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $30 and under
Dawson's On Main
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.dawsonsonmain.com/
- Phone: 3172477000x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:00pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Luis Pineda
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Full scale catering service for all events large and small. Full service food and beverage service. Off site private venue available.
- Private Party Facilities: Full Service golf course pavilion with a seating capacity of 250 people for meetings and weddings. Full service kitchen and bar on site.
- Private Party Contact: Chris Hill 3172477000x
A word from Dawson's On Main
Dawson's on Main, not your typical neighborhood restaurant. We offer bold flavors, fresh ingredients and a warm atmosphere. A menu of steaks, seafood, pastas, sandwiches and other specialties make Dawson's perfect for family gatherings, business meetings or romantic nights for two. In addition, we offer a banquet room for larger parties and outside patio dining. We offer a full selection of specialty wines, classic bourbons, or the ever popular variety of Indiana craft beers. We are located one block south of the world famous Indianapolis Motor Speedway.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Dawson's On Main - Best Restaurants in Speedway ›
Dawson's On Main reviews from OpenTable diners
41 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (33)good for groups (24)great for outdoor dining (16)special occasion (14)great for lunch (11)fit for foodies (10)kid-friendly (9)notable wine list (6)romantic (5)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (4)great for brunch (3)scenic view (1)Show More
- Great food!HaveforkwilleatDined on 10/17/2014Every time we come to Dawson's we have great service & the food is always delicious! Marilyn our server was great & had our son's kid meal come out first since she knew he was hungry! It was so nice of her!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and service was excellent.SandyDined on 10/11/2014The service could not have been better. Donna was amazing. She did everything right. I would have liked to have a salad with my entree. Very nice experience. I will going there again. I had a filet and it was moist tender and very flavorful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great eating spot and reasonable!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/10/2014The food is great and it's a good place to meet and visit with friends. Great servers and easy to talk, with a variety of food and beverage choices. It's one of our favorite spots to eat and one we visit often!Special Features:
- DjmartinDjmartinDined on 10/10/2014Food and service were great! Enjoyed the dining experience.Special Features:
- Our Favorite PlaceJustUsDined on 9/20/2014Dawson's On Main is my wife and I's favorite restaurant. The food is always excellent, and there's a wide variety of steaks, seafood, chicken, pasta and more. The servers remember us, even though we might only visit every couple of months. We often share an entrée, and they always bring an extra plate and don't seem to mind at all that we're sharing. Try their German Chocolate Upside Down Cake. It's heavenly. If you come early, there's an antique mall next door that's fun to look around in.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date nightddrchick02Dined on 9/10/2014Perfect place for the perfect date! The food is incredible and so is the wine! I will definitely be coming back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect1HappyCustomerDined on 9/6/2014Dawson's on Main was the perfect place for an anniversary celebration for my sister, her husband, my husband and I. Wonderful atmosphere, great food, friendly service and reasonable prices. I would recommend it to anyone seeking a relaxing and enjoyable dining experience.Special Features:
- Good but not WOWIndyguyVIPDined on 9/4/2014We had a good meal. Nothing outstanding. The food was good but not wow. Our waiter, who was extremely nice, seemed to be spread too thin as he was waiting tables inside and outside. Our appetizer came out wrong but we were given a 10% discount for the error.Special Features:
- on my favorite listOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014great service excellent food nice decor clean well maintained the steaks was cooked to order by temp peppercorn meatballs rock must try themSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- XiLegendDined on 8/22/2014No matter what you get to eat, the Peppercorn Meatballs are the bomb!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dawson's on MainMl5024VIPDined on 8/15/2014We have been to this restaurant several times. Good wine list, good food. Tonite the service was off but that is not the usual situationSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- RaceRufattoDined on 8/8/2014great food, great service considering that it was the weekend of a motorcycle race at the IMS. Great serviceSpecial Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/4/2014The wait staff were horribly groomed and foul language was rampant. The food was great, service poor. Wait staff should greet people with "Welcome, how may I serve you", not "What can I get you guys".Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceChloeDined on 8/1/2014Again, our extended family met here for supper. All of us were pleased with the food and the service. Excellent.Special Features:
- Enjoyable business lunchRichDined on 7/30/2014Enjoyable lunch. The outside seating option is something I'll come back to experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very tasty food and nice decorOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/19/2014I ordered Steak Susan, which was even tastier than expected. The steak was cooked just as ordered, and the broccoli and mashed potato sides were also very good. The roll served was hot and appeared to be freshly made (crusty outside and tender inside). All of the food had a fresh taste (not processed). This rates for me as a highly recommended food experience and is a good price for this dining. I live in Broad Ripple and have eaten at most of the restaurants there, so I know. Here, I sat at a table outside, which was nice except for the continuous noise coming across the street. The constant steam exhaust noise got annoying after awhile and was constant throughout my 1 1/2 hours sitting there. But, I would sit there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food and serviceChloeDined on 7/18/2014Our extended family get together every Friday. We ate at Dawsons last Friday - the food was excellent, the service was excellent and Dawsons is now one of our favorite placesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not bad?n8dgiteeDined on 7/15/2014My wife killed a gnat in her salad. Could've come from anywhere but she still had to do it. Her chicken was smothered in stuff and I had to excuse myself to remove two pieces of artichoke hearts from my teeth with my difficulty. I had pork chops which were good but would have been better without the chutney. Potato cakes were very good. And half priced wine was a nice surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Dining Experience at Dawsons!likemeseafoodDined on 7/11/2014We had a group of 10 at Dawson's on Fri eve, 7-11-14, and it was tremendous! Friendly, hard-working waitress, great food, nice atmosphere...couldn't ask for better meal & venue!Special Features:
- anniversary dinnergrandma6Dined on 7/10/2014A great dinner for our anniversary. A busy place even for a Thursday night. Our waiter Jonathan was very attentive. Best dishes - lettuce wedge (order the mini), the scallops, the signature onion soup, crab cakes, steak, pot roast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DebraDined on 6/26/2014Always a fun place for any occasion, we eat here 2-3 times a month, would go more, but not real close to home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 75 reviews are from the Dawson's On Main reviews archive.
- really goodwestsideDined on 6/21/2014A friend recommended for anniversary dinner - we did not want to hassle with Avon or Castleton traffic - what a gem. Food was great and it is an attractive, well staffed restaurant - I would definitely pass on the recommendation. Thank you!Special Features:
- Hoppin'!CaptFidelDined on 6/11/2014This place was hoppin' for lunch! I'm glad I made a reservation through OpenTable, because they had a wait list by noon. Great food and the service was sharp and attentive. I will certainly plan to come back.Special Features:
- lunchluvcoltsDined on 6/10/2014Service was great. Food was just ok for me. Would go back to try something else.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- KTelVIPDined on 6/7/2014My wife had the crab cake dinner and it was excellent. I had the tuna and it was very good. My wife had a watermelon martini that she really enjoyed, and I had a glass of house cab that met my expectations. As usual, great food at a reasonable price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Big Ron!!!!Bake0922Dined on 6/7/2014We went for my bestfriends bachelorette party dinner, and Big Ron was amazing!! The food was delicious, fast and affordable!! I would recommend this restraunt for any occasion big or small!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food and Service worth a long driveDanGVIPDined on 5/30/2014We live on the other side of Indianapolis, so it's about a 40-mile round trip for us. There are at least 25 restaurants within a 10-mile r.t. So why bother to go to Dawson's. For one, they have just introduced a new menu with great variety. Second, EVERYONE on the staff has a friendly smile. The food quality is good and the interior well appointed. There's an expanded outdoor seating area too. What amazed us was that our server was just on her 6th day of a new job, yet she provided flawless service. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Never disappointsMargueriteMDined on 5/29/2014I have been dining at Dawson's on Main for several years. The service, food, drink selections, and ambience are always exceptional. It is a great place to meet up with friends for drinks, or for a family dinner. Parking is never an issue. Staff make you feel at home.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thursday Night Guys nightDebraDined on 5/15/2014My husband, step son and other guys they hang out with, always go to dinner, this is one of there favorite places to go.Special Features:
- Thoroughly impressedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/15/2014Food was exceptional and plentiful. Remodeled Main Street with view of Motor Speedway - great location. Very friendly hostess and waitress. Will come back again and again.Special Features:
- Group outtinglcla1000Dined on 5/11/2014We went there with a group of 6 and every ones food came out at same time and everyone enjoyed their food and was very good and hot.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014First visit on Mother's Day and my whole family was very impressed. We will be returning!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- West Side SurpriseluvgreatfoodDined on 5/11/2014We northsiders don't have a monopoly on great restaurants. Discovered this gem on Open Table and it's the ideal place to dine for ANY reason. Great food prepared to perfection and attentive waitstaff. Can't wait to return!Special Features:
- Unhappy Mother's DayMaddogDined on 5/11/2014We had a made a reservation for 7 for Mother's Day lunch and when we got there the hostess was rude and told us that she had seated us in the bar because she didn't know we had children in our party. She claimed that Open Table doesn't give them enough information and they've had problems with them ever since they subscribed. I told her that it was a poor decision to seat Open Table reservations in the bar if they weren't sure of the parties ages. They had a very expensive limited mother's day menu which I wasn't aware of. Everything was $25 and up. They didn't offer any bread before the meals were served and service was terribly slow! They need to step up their game if they are going to try and host special occasions!
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/11/2014Overall everything was great, I think there could have been better management organization for being open on a Sunday. This is not a normal buisness day for the restaurant and some of that showed in the services. Would go back again cause food was great!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- waldoDined on 5/11/2014server was fantastic and the food was good. would eat there again and would recommend to others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- All around goodmadtad1Dined on 5/10/2014Only get to Indy/Speedway a few times a year and Dawson's is always on our list as a must for dinner! Best tenderloin sandwich in town and their other dishes are great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A great meal! Something for anyone.Looper86Dined on 5/10/2014We went the day of the first Grand Prix 5/10/14. Food was fantastic, I had the ribs and my wife had the steak with blue cheese. Friends had stroganoff. All was excellent. The bar was loud but that was probably driven by the level of intoxication of other patrons who had attended the race. We will be back!Special Features:
- luv2eatDined on 5/10/2014Very good all around. The place was hopping as usual for May in Speedway. Despite the very busy night all went well for my modest gathering. We were not rushed even though there was a very large crowd waiting for a table. Food was great and served hot. Ample to eat for everyone. I use this restaurant as my once a year "special" dining experience but now know they have an early bird menu which will make it available to me more often. I only wish I could find a few coupons to help out. They seem very scarce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice hit or miss place near IMSOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/9/2014Been to Dawson's on Main three times in the last ten days. I am in town for Speedway activities for the month of May. The first visit was spectacular. Food and service were spot on. The second visit was not as pleasant, and if not for the first visit, I would not have returned. Our menu choices meant that the food was mediocre at best. The order was wrong and the service slow. The third visit, on Friday night of the Festival on Main was enough to keep me coming back. The food was excellent, although the service was somewhat lacking. A note to the chef...please use much less St. Germain in the glaze on the pork shank, which is not Osso Buco BTW. Overall, a convenient restaurant to the Speedway with decent food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.