Davio's - Philadelphia
111 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Davio's - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davios.com/
- Phone: (215) 563-4810
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am – 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Davio's Penthouse floor private spaces located in what was originally Provident Bank’s well-appointed Board Room, including two anterooms, available for intimate weddings and private parties Outdoor “Skyline Patio” affords dramatic views of the Liberty Place Towers and the eastern downtown cityscape. Additionally, arrangements for the entire restaurant may be made for a special function. Davio’s has High ceilings, large windows and polished walnut floors, consistent with buildings of its era. Davio’s moveable wood/glass partitions afford privacy anywhere in the Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Facilities: Davio’s accepts large parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Ettore Ceraso or Elizabeth Blakely 2155634810x
A word from Davio's - Philadelphia
Davio’s, with its “Northern Italian Steakhouse” cuisine, brings a deliciously unique flair to a city famous worldwide for its Italian restaurants. Situated in the historic Provident Bank Building in Center City Philadelphia, Davio’s offers diners the complete upscale dining experience - exquisite food, expertly prepared and presented in a grandly historic ambience. Davio’s skilled wait-staff provide guests with relaxed, yet attentive service, and are smartly garbed in long white coats reminiscent of Italy’s finest restaurants. Offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant has already gained popularity as a prime spot for both “Power Breakfast” and “Power Lunch” among the Philadelphia business community. Dinner also brings local and national luminaries from all walks of life on a regular basis. Reservations are suggested for the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Davio's - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Davio's - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
188 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)fit for foodies (93)romantic (87)notable wine list (70)good for groups (62)hot spot (31)neighborhood gem (29)great for lunch (28)vibrant bar scene (24)scenic view (8)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Love, love, love Davio'sLoveParkLadyVIPDined on 11/22/2014We sat at the bar for about 10 minutes and had quick and friendly service before being seated for our 9:00 p.m. birthday dinner. This was an excellent time to have a dinner that was reasonably quiet, as the large crowds were clearing out and the noise level was dying down a bit. The first thing I have to mention about Davio's is the unbelievably good service. The waitstaff is second to none and they seem to be able to anticipate exactly when to take away a plate or a used utensil. They're not cloying or clingy, either; they are just so well-trained that you never have to ask for anything. And they're super-friendly and make you feel like you're the only couple they're taking care of. Appetizers --- chicken parm spring rolls and a plate of good-sized, generous meatballs --- were delicious. Entrees --- his branzino and my penne with chicken in walnut cream sauce --- were very good. The penne could have used more sauce, but otherwise was excellent. We were too stuffed for dessert, but our server surprised me with a large plate of fruit and biscotti, with "Happy Birthday, _________ (our last name)" written in chocolate around the edge of the plate. When he realized, without our telling him, that it was my last name and not my first, he came back with a second plate of the same, with my first name written in chocolate. Two comp'd desserts. What other restaurant does that these days?? I was surprised and very pleased. Another thing we like about Davio's is that it is elegant enough to dress up for and also casual enough to wear business casual clothes. The only thing I didn't particularly like were the accompaniments to the bread, which were olives, an eggplant dip, and a pimento dip. I didn't care for any of them, although my husband liked the pimento dip. A flavored butter would have been nice. All in all, Davio's is one of our top two or three favorite restaurants in Center City.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Romantic setting, Friendly Staff, Delicious FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 11/22/2014We had dinner at Davio's the night before the Philadelphia Marathon and it was a memorable experience. The service was outstanding with the staff attentive and personable. The food was superb. The calamari was fresh with perfect texture and flavor. The entrees, pan fried lobster was cooked to perfection. The second entree ordered was linguini and clams and it is some of the best I have eaten. The atmosphere is a romantic setting with dim lighting. The prices are a little steep but we received a 5 star dining experience. Next time we are visiting Philadelphia we will definitely dine again at Davio's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!NSwaby1Dined on 11/21/2014My husband and I went on a Friday evening for my birthday were seated right away! Good was nothing short of perfection and the wine was amazing! I am in love with this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business dinnertravellerVIPDined on 11/21/2014The food was great. the service was timely. the ambience was suitable for conversation. the tables were too close together. my chair was jarred every few minutes by the wait staff. they were aware of it, as they apologized repeatedly. the person behind me did not pull his seat in. instead of changing their service pattern, they just continued to bump my chair and apologize. I moved my chair several times to avoid the collisions. the wait staff did not change their pattern even though they realized they were disturbing my dining pleasure.
- ServiceFredDined on 11/16/2014Your waiter David was incredible. He was able to make suggestions on every dish and was right on the mark. The review of the wine list was very informative. I look forward to going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Went to Davios for our Anniversary. AmazingdebbiedDined on 11/15/2014Service and Food was impecable. Location was great to in the city. Extremely pricing but worth every penny especially if you are looking for a place to celebrate a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I loved my experiencetrvel4foodDined on 11/8/2014They have servers for everything. Water, bread, wine, you name it. Everyone was pleasant and offered great suggestions. They called me by name the entire night. I really loved the experience. I would recommend anyone to experience this place at least once.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- servicewealthytilesDined on 11/7/2014The way they did it was a farce. Purpopsefully dramatic. Not the quiet unassuming nurtuting kind that is so treasured.
- amazing, staff friendly,attentivemahfoodiesDined on 11/6/2014Beautiful place to share an evening with friends. Lamb chops, filet, branzino,WOW. Gnocchi tender, flavorful,warming to the soul. Desserts decadent. The staff made for an amazing evening considerate, attentive, informed. One exception the crab cake had to much filler, it was only average considering the standards set by the other dishes. Overall the experience was outstanding. Our group enjoyed themselves immensely.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davios Phila.DubeDined on 11/3/2014Service was second to none. We were celebrating a special anniversary and SEVERAL staff members came over to wish us Happy Anniversary. Staff was attentive, accomodating and personable. VERY enjoyable evening. Food was excellent as well.Special Features:
- Great service, ambiance, foodArkayVIPDined on 11/3/2014Quiet enough to have a conversation; serene setting with plenty of space; attentive, knowledgeable & friendly staff; excellent food; great wine list.Special Features:
- BeejBeejDined on 11/3/2014Took my son and his girlfriend for their combined birthday dinners. A lovely evening with delicious food and wonderful service.Special Features:
- CenterCityDebVIPDined on 10/25/2014Davio's is been in Philadelphia for 14 + years and has maintained it's beautiful room , service and food for all those years. It is one of just a handful of places left where most of the men wear jackets and women can get a little more dressed too. We were a table of 6 this time and all of had delicious meals. Among us we had lamb chops, salmon, branzino and pasta dishes, all were great. No complaints and lots of empty plates. Ended with 2 shared desserts of pumpkin cheese cake and a chocolate peanut butter crunchy warm cake with vanilla ice cream, Yummy!! Go , enjoy!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/25/2014Our food was outstanding, the wine matched perfect to the meal and great friends to enjoy it with. Will be back soon The atmosphere was awesome, the grilled shrimp amazing, a rigatoni special that was mouth watering and just an overall outstanding choice for dinner. We mentioned it was a birthday the week before and next week and low and behold birthday desserts came out love that..........great service not rushed or hurried in anyway. Now its a toss up Capital Grill and Davios my two favoritesSpecial Features:
- A wonderful dining experience1sttimersDined on 10/25/2014We tried Davio's for the first time last night and believe me it will not be our last. The restaurant is smart, stylish and very comfortable. The menu was diverse and the food excellent. The service we received was outstanding. The entire staff was attentive and professional, but Rene (our waiter) made our entire experience one to remember. He was knowledgeable, friendly, helpful and made our out of town guest feel like she belongs in Philadelphia.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good timesOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/24/2014went to davio's for my wife's birthday! we had a great time. Joey was our server, and he was excellent! Kudos to the sommelier Kevin! he was excellent and well informed! and...the food was excellent! we will def go back again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious Dining at Davio'sAnitaBDined on 10/18/2014We had dinner at Davio's on a Saturday night and were mostly quite pleased with the experience. The wait staff was friendly, professional and knowledgeable about the fare. The four of us were extremely satisfied with our delicious entrees. Only downside was that entrees were a bit pricey for somewhat modest portions. The wine was also a bit pricey. Overall we are glad we went, although we probably would not go back very often due to the high price-small portion ratio. It is a nice special occasion place, however.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 10/16/2014The server suggested a smaller sized pasta It was a perfect sized serving the lamb was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just greatphltriDined on 10/12/2014Great food, place decor is relly nice, service is really really good and everything else. This a place I will awalys come back. It is also well located.Special Features:
- Best Italian food outside ItalyMMH22102Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I dined at Davios on a quiet Sunday evening. We could actually hear each other speaking in a normal tone of voice...a rare treat. The setting was lovely, quiet and romantic. The service was perfectly timed. And the food was simply wonderful. Literally the best Italian meal we have had outside of Italy. Order the prosciutto and melon appetizer and discover how fantastic that usually so-so dish can be.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014This was our second time visiting Davio's. Again, it was a great experience. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. We left their without a single complaint. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBeachesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 4 and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday MomRenergy25Dined on 10/10/2014This is the 3rd time I've been to Davio's. The food has always been incredible, which is the reason I went their this past weekend 10/11/14. We celebrated my Mom's 60th birthday and she's never been at a super high end restaurant like Davio's in Philly so it was a great treat for her and my dad. As always, the food was incredible. My parents gave us rave reviews about the place They had a blast. However I was disappointed in the service. We had two waiters jump right on top of us once we sat down. At one point our server told my dad he would get him another iced tea. The server never returned and I had to flag down another manager to get him his drink. For that reason, I give this dining experience 4 stars.Special Features:
- gardensdinesDined on 10/9/2014Davio's is an excellent restaurant. Menu is broad and interesting. Food and service are superb consistently.. This is a five star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstading ServiceJalanTexasDined on 10/7/2014The service was outstanding and the staff ensured all was going well by check on our group and asking me by my name - very custom service that was greatly appreciated as I was hosting a work dinner.Special Features:
- Great Service - Good FoodGAProvinceDiningVIPDined on 10/7/2014The service is impeccable which gets you off to a good start. Great Bar and a nice wine list with a broad spectrum of offerings and prices. The food is good if not great. We had mussels to start and while the sauce was fabulous - the mussels had overcooked badly. Great bread though to dip in the sauce. We both had the Veal porterhouse - which was just okay and a little underwhelming given the price tag. The crème brulee was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceCuckoosNestDined on 10/6/2014The service is fantastic. You have multiple servers who either have great memories or crib notes. I was amazed with the orchestration (if you will). I dined by myself but the service was never intrusive, they made good recommendations, etc. In general, the food is great. I did order the tomato soup for an appetizer which was not as impressive as I expected. But the main course, a filet with Broccoli Rabe was incredible. The wine list is impressive but be prepared to pay for the good stuff. Overall, it was an excellent dining experience and I would bring clients there.
- dissappointedzymeguyDined on 9/25/2014Doesn't truly represent Norther Italian. How can you not have risotto on the menu? High noise level. Only a single wine from Tuscany (by the glass). Great super Tuscan, though.
- Awesome food and service!lmill34Dined on 9/20/2014The food is amazing and so is the service. Went with a party of 4 and everyone was pleased. Endless bread with different spreads. Waiters and waitresses always available and quick!Special Features:
- Great serviceemmaDined on 9/19/2014I went here during Restaurant Week. The food was decent. As for the restaurant week menu, portions were small. We had to add another appetizer and a side dish. I would recommend their regular menu. I have to say their service was the best in Philadelphia. We brought our baby although we were not sure if that was a good decision for eating at a nice restaurant. But all staff were very kind to us. Each every one of them talked to us and made sure we were having a good time. Because of that, we did have a great time. We are deeply impressed by their service. We will return in the near future!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant average foodlexus9Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant is beautiful. Food was average the appetizers were good but the actual entree which was chicken was flavorless and when I sent it back for something else that was average the noodles were not cooked enough. The food tasted like it had been cooked earlier and then reheated in a microwave. The only benefit was that it was restaurant week and I only paid 35 which was still too much for that meal. The desert was excellent and the waiters were very niceSpecial Features:
- Second visitHungry1273Dined on 9/19/2014I was very happy with my 2nd lunch visit. David's is on the list for potential anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Philly restaurant experience!KatieDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went to Davio's for his birthday on a weeknight during restaurant week. We had an amazing time! We both ordered off the restaurant week menu and the food was incredible! The gnocchi with truffle sauce was just as good as I have had in Italy, the beef was cooked perfectly, and the suggested wine was perfect. The best part of our experience though was the great service. Every time the staff came to our table they addressed us by name and made sure everything was ok without pestering us. Overall, this was the best dining experience we have had in Philly and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- delicious lunchlibrarianDined on 9/18/2014Went here for Restaurant Week lunch. Full bar and impeccable service in a nice room, white linen cloths, lots of dinnerware, glasses and cutlery, and a folded linen napkin. Not my normal lunch room, but I wanted to try the famous cheesesteak egg rolls after having a great sandwich from Davio's at this year's Walnut Street Festival. Three available appetizers included the egg rolls so I got that. They were okay, but not to die for. Roast chicken entree was delicious, surrounded by greens and croquettes, moist and fatty. The dessert was a sampler of key lime pie, flour less Nutella pretzel, and panna cotta. They pretzel cake and pie were good, the panna cotta was not at all creamy but had a good taste. Good drinks. Uncomfortable chairs.Special Features:
- FantasticTommyVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to Davio's to celebrate a birthday. As usual it was a lovely night. The food was perfect as was ambiance.Special Features:
- SharonKSharonKDined on 9/16/2014Met a friend for lunch during Restaurant Week. The server was attentive and offered general menu suggestions but was not pushy. After realizing we were there for the Restaurant Week menu, he offered commentary on those choices as well. Very friendly. Food was, as always, very good. Very enjoyable and would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereEnjoyLife1Dined on 9/16/2014We went for restaurant week and enjoyed the appetizers, entrée, and yummy desserts. Gluten free menu extensive. Only negative is they charge you $3,75 for every soda you order/refills not included. For the two of us $15 for 4 soda's at lunch, expensive.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere for DinnerFunNiteVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our group of 6 had dinner at Davio's during Restaurant Week. The service was outstanding, atmosphere was impressive and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and on Sunday, you may bring your own wine for dinner. If you have an opportunity - please try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davio'sNiecepoohDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend to Davio's for his birthday and we had a great time! The ambiance and the food was everything! My cousin recommended this restaurant to me and I'm glad she did. Davio's is not kid-friendly, but I highly recommend it for the grown & sexy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first impressionBoeandGloriaDined on 9/13/2014We Just had a culinary experience at Davio's in Philadelphia. The food off-course was fantastic... the service was spectacular and the ambiance was amazing. The overall experience and excellent. We definitely will be going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.