Davio's - Philadelphia
111 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Davio's - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davios.com/
- Phone: 2155634810
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am – 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Davio's Penthouse floor private spaces located in what was originally Provident Bank’s well-appointed Board Room, including two anterooms, available for intimate weddings and private parties Outdoor “Skyline Patio” affords dramatic views of the Liberty Place Towers and the eastern downtown cityscape. Additionally, arrangements for the entire restaurant may be made for a special function. Davio’s has High ceilings, large windows and polished walnut floors, consistent with buildings of its era. Davio’s moveable wood/glass partitions afford privacy anywhere in the Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Facilities: Davio’s accepts large parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Ettore Ceraso or Elizabeth Blakely 2155634810x
A word from Davio's - Philadelphia
Davio’s, with its “Northern Italian Steakhouse” cuisine, brings a deliciously unique flair to a city famous worldwide for its Italian restaurants. Situated in the historic Provident Bank Building in Center City Philadelphia, Davio’s offers diners the complete upscale dining experience - exquisite food, expertly prepared and presented in a grandly historic ambience. Davio’s skilled wait-staff provide guests with relaxed, yet attentive service, and are smartly garbed in long white coats reminiscent of Italy’s finest restaurants. Offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant has already gained popularity as a prime spot for both “Power Breakfast” and “Power Lunch” among the Philadelphia business community. Dinner also brings local and national luminaries from all walks of life on a regular basis. Reservations are suggested for the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Davio's - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
151 reviews since May 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (110)romantic (70)notable wine list (60)fit for foodies (58)good for groups (42)great for lunch (28)neighborhood gem (23)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (11)scenic view (11)great for brunch (5)kid-friendly (5)late-night find (4)Show More
- If You Want To Impress Someone,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Then Go To Davios. Fantastic Ambience, Food, and Service...nothing more to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always have a great meal at Davio's Best steak in the tri-state areaSpecial Features:
- Wedding Party DinnermyWeddingParty14Dined on 8/22/2014Good ambiance for a special occasion. Ours was a same-sex wedding party. Upon entering, the hostess asked where the bride was. I said he's right here. lol. Food could have been better. Some dishes definitely needed more seasoning, such as the meatballs and risotto. Starter springrolls were very good. The bacon however tasted very funky and also chemical-like. Everyone at the table agreed. Overall, it was a good experience with friends and loved ones. However, with other exquisite dining choices in the area, we'd likely not return.Special Features:
- What dining should be!TonyDined on 8/21/2014The service, food, and experience was the best We have ever experienced. Everyone should eat here at least once.Special Features:
- great experience for a specail niteAutopilotDined on 8/19/2014It was our 25th anniversary. They gave us a great table and it seemed the entire staff knew it was a special night. Compliments and congratulations from everyone! And then the food. One of the best Caprese ever. The heirlooms and mozzarella were full of flavor. Main course was Filet and Ribeye. Grilled to perfection - medium rare. Filet was flavorful, tender and moist. Ribeye was nicely marbled and full of flavor. Asparagus was crisp and the mushrooms made an excellent side. Had a side of sea scallops. Like the steak, seared to perfection. Perfect dinner for a very special occasion. Kudos to Renée and all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedBarryDined on 8/15/2014We had a good start with the exception of the ambiance – felt like the dining was in a bank and appetizer a little on the salty side. The service was attentive, but then the steak came well done - I ordered medium. They came back with a medium RARE so I carved out the edges and just called it a night. They took off cost, but too little- too late. I enjoyed the pasta, but you may want to stay away from the steak!
- REMINISCENTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Davio's has not lost it's excellence as far as food, service, propriety, since my half dozen visits dating back to the opening days - my sincere complements and appreciation to the chef! And as importantly, the wait-person named on my receipt as "Ronnie P." who was pleasant, sincere and deserving of high praise!! My arugula salad with grilled Ahi tuna was absolutely outstanding………Special Features:
- Service is outstandingGuffDined on 8/7/2014Second year for a white coat celebration at Davios. Great restaurant to serve the surf and turf members of our party The service was perfect as nothing is ever an asked as they thought of it a couple minutes before. The steaks were tendered and the mako shark was done perfectly. When ordering the wine another vineyard was suggested and what a winner it was. From cocktails( one to suit everyone and experiment with) to coffee with the dessert everything was done to perfection. The only issue will be having to wait until graduation dinner in a few years since we are from out of town.Special Features:
- impeccable servicecoby1023Dined on 8/5/2014the food preparation is impeccable. the sevice far exceeds sny restaursnt in the area!! ettore, congratulations snd thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackcoffeeblackcoffeeDined on 8/5/2014A good place to eat no doubt. The service is very good and the food is good. My only warning is that, although the food is good, its not great. Therefore, I think that it is overpriced. The food doesn't measure up as a value proposition. The atmosphere is quite nice.Special Features:
- Slightly less than prior visitMobleyHillDined on 8/2/2014Visited several times. The food was not at the level it was in prior visits. Service was impeccable but we were at a table near service area and I moved my seat because my chair was bumped several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Tbren510Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary here. I was really impressed with the attentiveness of the staff. All of the servers and hosts were very helpful and even remembered our names. The food was amazing! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerValCVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food and awesome service. A big thank you for making my husband's birthday dinner fantastic. Also thank you to the wait staff for being patient with our kids when they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch EssentialTeamBlueDined on 8/1/2014My staff and I had never dined at Davio's even though our office is only 1 block away. At the suggestion of a Co-worker, we decided to have a farewell lunch with a member of our team at Davio's. We were the first party to arrive on this particular afternoon, so we were seated right away. The menu selection was very good. We shared the appetizer sampler amongst the table. The waiter was very personable and offered recommendations from the menu. Due to the occasion for the lunch, we spent a couple hours talking while eating, but we were never rushed. The food was delicious and flavorful. I am definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Memorable Davios ExperienceTorqueyDined on 7/28/2014I have been coming to this Davios since it opened - over 15 years ago. Originally business lunches & dinners and, in recent years, large family gatherings. In every instance - especially the most recent - food, service, and overall experience has been world class. Truly professional service staff make the experience from drinks at the bar through dessert appear seamless by attention to every detail. Every menu item, from assorted appetizers to steak and seafood dishes, arrived at our table of nine (aged 29 to 90) perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. For us, Davios sets the standard in Philly.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MikeVIPDined on 7/28/2014Loved this restaurant. We decided to have an early dinner with friends in Philadelphia, and was surprised when we couldn't get a reservation for 6:00. Went at 5:30 and we were a little nervous because there was no one in the place. But by 6:00 the place was packed. All four of us enjoyed everything. The food was superb. The service was what really stood out. There must have been at least 3 service people for every person in the room. You couldn't ask for better service. We are planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014I'm from western Massachusetts & have wanted to go to Davios for years. It took going to Philadelphia to finally go, but it was well worth the wait. Every aspect was of the highest quality, ambiance, service, food & drinks. I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulATWMDined on 7/27/2014We ate here to celebrate my daughter's 11th birthday. The service was outstanding and they all made her feel very special. They even had a plate that said happy birthday for her dessert. Wait staff were all excellent. Not intrusive but on top of every detail. We shared the calamari appetizer which was fresh, tender and delicious. Next we had a Cesar and caprese salad. Both excellent. The balsamic reduction on the caprese was perfect. My daughter and I shared the lobster w fettuccine. It was beautifully flavored and the lobster was ample, fresh and delicious. My husband's gnocci were light and the mushrooms amazing. Cheesecake and molten chocolate cake for dessert did not disappoint! We will be back whenever possible!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/24/2014Food was very good. Excellent choices. Service was excellent. My third visit and was not disappointedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Still very impressiveLuisDined on 7/18/2014This is our second time coming here and it was still a great experience. We decided to go for our wedding anniversary and it was worth every penny. They really go out of their way to make you feel special. The food and service was fantastic! Can't wait for our next visit.Special Features:
- Great, as always!MaryLVIPDined on 7/18/2014Start to finish, an excellent meal. While the city seemed rather quiet, Davio's was nearly full. We were seated on arrival at a lovely table for two by the window. Service was attentive and knowledgeable, and everyone seemed genuinely devoted to ensuring that we had a good experience. Salads were fresh and beautifully presented. The scallops with asparagus risotto were superb. Highly recommend, and will always return!Special Features:
- Always the BestTommyVIPDined on 7/11/2014When I come to Davio's it's always an experience beyond dinning. It's an evening of pure enjoyment and great service. I love the fact that they always remember us and we are made to feel like we belong.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Food & Service!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 7/11/2014The highlight of our trip to Philadelphia! The staff, from the waiter/jr. waiter/sommelier/manager, were all so helpful and pleasant. They made excellent suggestions, held pleasant conversations with us and made the meal a fun event. The food was absolutely delicious. All the apps were divine and the main course and desserts were fabulous. If ever we are in Philadelphia again, Davio's will be on our list of to-do's!Special Features:
- A wonderful evening!FoodieVIPDined on 7/10/2014My friend and I enjoyed a wonderful evening at Davio's! The food was exceptional (as always). Our server, Emilio, was extremely knowledgeable about the food and wine and he made our evening even more of a memorable experience. We'll definitely be back!Special Features:
- PhilNotronDined on 7/10/2014Why four stars but no recommendation? $10 for a bottle of beer: Stone IPA. The Ketel One was $10 also. I agree with neither but can accept the Ketel at that price but no way for a beer.
- BEST BREAKFAST I EVER HADOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/10/2014Great place for a quiet breakfast. AMAZING customer service. I did not have to ask for extra coffee, water or even a plate to be removed from the table: it was done automatically. Plus, the food is outstanding for breakfast with many options. The coffee is perfect and I loved the blend chosen for me. I would definitely eat here every day if I could!! Great place for a discreet meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davio's RestaurantbbcottontailDined on 7/8/2014It's a great place for a celebration; in this case a birthday. Most of us ordered lobster roll and it was scrumptious. The buttered toasted roll was packed full with lobster meat and just right amount of mayonnaise. One person ordered a hamburger with fried onions and loved it. Desserts were wonderful too. We had the lemon cake, peanut butter tandy cake and an ice cream dessert with coffee and chocolate sauce. The birthday celebrant was given a plate that had "Happy Birthday Barbara" written in chocolate. The service was excellent and the ambience was lovely. I am looking forward to returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Phenomenal!SosiDined on 7/5/2014We LOVE Davio's! It is one of my favorite restaurants of all time. The service is impeccable, the staff is amazing, and the food is to die for.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davios DeliciousDissapointingDishVIPDined on 7/5/2014Without a doubt, best Italian restaurant in center city And you pay for it. $33. for a salad & appetizer. Never disappoints..always good food & serviceSpecial Features:
- Great service and very good foodmattDined on 7/4/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary there and we were taken care of. The wait staff was very attentive (almost too attentive to start) and the food was prepared very well. Overall we very much enjoyed our meal there (dessert cakes were a bit too rich).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always FantasticTommyVIPDined on 7/3/2014Davio's is always a fantastic meal. They never disappoint at any level. Things seem to be better every visit. I was there for a special event and was amazed at how special we were treated. I'll be back !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davio's Again ... !2CasualFoodiesDined on 7/2/2014Enjoy returning to Davio's each time. Made a late res, to avoid the midweek dinner rush. Table towards the back at a window. Perfect. Shared a NY Strip and a Lobster Tail. The steaks at Davio's are the most consistent in the city, and were true to form this time again. The lobster was server with butter-taragon sauce over a generous portion of garlic mashed potatoes. Very different, and added a lot of interest to the tail. Ordered a side of broccoli rabe, not too heavy on garlic and just a touch of desirable bitterness. The waiter suggested an off-the-list Alexdr Valley cab in the mid-range price that was the highlight of the night. For dessert, we split the Peanut Butter TandyTake w/ butterscotch ice cream. Service was excellent as always.Special Features:
- Good overallPaFood64Dined on 7/2/2014Service was slow but food as usual was goor! Lemonade was great. Highly recommend itSpecial Features:
- wonderful last minute decisionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/29/2014Enjoyed a spontaneous late seating. Gracious staff providing wonderful recommendations and personal service. Perfect wine pairing. Deliscious meal. (Side note: the best martini, prepared exactly to requested preferences!-small detail, but much appreciated) looking forward to our next visit soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great timeIrol8210Dined on 6/29/2014I had a great time. It was my husband's birthday and it is his favorite restaurant. We took our son who is now a fan of your restaurant! I have a gluten allergy, and the waitress said that Davio's is striving to be the #1 gluten free restaurant in Philadelphia! I'm very excited about this, for it is nice to have people know about this "annoying" allergy, and cater to them:).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistancy2ateeVIPDined on 6/28/2014Unlike the Philadelphia professional sports teams, Davio's is a consistent winner. Service is wonderful, people at the restaurant make you feel like a long time repeat customer and the food is also excellent. The restaurant occupies a beautiful space and creates a wonderful environment to enjoy your meal.Special Features:
- Oustanding!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/28/2014We were thrilled when a friend told us about Davio's a few years ago. We continue to find new dishes to try and the service is out of this world!Special Features:
- Exceeded expectationsLocaldinerVIPDined on 6/26/2014Looked crowded when we first walked in. Good news was there is enough space etc. that 2 people can have a quiet conversation. Expensive, but great wine list. They also have 1/2 bottles which is what we did. Steaks were the best we've had outside the mid-west. Better Lugar's or S&W in NY. Kevin, the sommelier ensures you have an outstanding experience. Never have I had the sommelier make sure our water glasses were full, that our courses were coming at the right pace and he knows alcohol A to Z. Cocktails, his wine inventory, alternate selections and pairings. First steakhouse I have been in with homemade pasta. Cannot wait to return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrible and slow Servicelive2enjoyVIPDined on 6/24/2014It's one of those places that are there forever and probably don't even care about negative reviews. The food was very good but our waitstaff was inattentive, had clearly no knowledge of wines since they brought a $20 glass in warm condition. They were nice enough to put it in a cooler but after being without a drink for 1/2 an hour I eventually served myself. The food took forever and they didn't even acknowledge it. If we can help it we'll not return.
- Not as good as it used to be...ChiliVIPDined on 6/21/2014I was treated to Davio's for my birthday, which was my choice, passing up Barclay Prime and several other top notch restaurants. I had been waiting with such anticipation for this special night and I was sooo disappointed! Service was painfully slow, we had to wait an agonizingly long time between courses. Our server flitted to our table asking if everything was ok but left before he received our reply and, at times, we wanted something so I had to grab at his coat before he was completely gone from sight. My lobster had very little taste, his steak was the same - tasteless. The desserts were quite good but nothing could make up for the entire night. Sadly, this is not the Davio's I remember. Oh well, back to Rittenhouse Square.