Davio's - Philadelphia
111 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Davio's - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davios.com/
- Phone: 2155634810
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am – 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Davio's Penthouse floor private spaces located in what was originally Provident Bank’s well-appointed Board Room, including two anterooms, available for intimate weddings and private parties Outdoor “Skyline Patio” affords dramatic views of the Liberty Place Towers and the eastern downtown cityscape. Additionally, arrangements for the entire restaurant may be made for a special function. Davio’s has High ceilings, large windows and polished walnut floors, consistent with buildings of its era. Davio’s moveable wood/glass partitions afford privacy anywhere in the Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Facilities: Davio’s accepts large parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Ettore Ceraso or Elizabeth Blakely 2155634810x
A word from Davio's - Philadelphia
Davio’s, with its “Northern Italian Steakhouse” cuisine, brings a deliciously unique flair to a city famous worldwide for its Italian restaurants. Situated in the historic Provident Bank Building in Center City Philadelphia, Davio’s offers diners the complete upscale dining experience - exquisite food, expertly prepared and presented in a grandly historic ambience. Davio’s skilled wait-staff provide guests with relaxed, yet attentive service, and are smartly garbed in long white coats reminiscent of Italy’s finest restaurants. Offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant has already gained popularity as a prime spot for both “Power Breakfast” and “Power Lunch” among the Philadelphia business community. Dinner also brings local and national luminaries from all walks of life on a regular basis. Reservations are suggested for the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Service
Davio's - Philadelphia - Best Restaurants in Center City ›
Davio's - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
167 reviews since May 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (116)romantic (78)notable wine list (65)fit for foodies (63)good for groups (48)great for lunch (31)hot spot (25)neighborhood gem (25)vibrant bar scene (13)scenic view (9)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (4)Show More
- SharonKSharonKDined on 9/16/2014Met a friend for lunch during Restaurant Week. The server was attentive and offered general menu suggestions but was not pushy. After realizing we were there for the Restaurant Week menu, he offered commentary on those choices as well. Very friendly. Food was, as always, very good. Very enjoyable and would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/16/2014We went for restaurant week and enjoyed the appetizers, entrée, and yummy desserts. Gluten free menu extensive. Only negative is they charge you $3,75 for every soda you order/refills not included. For the two of us $15 for 4 soda's at lunch, expensive.Special Features:
- Davio'sNiecepoohDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend to Davio's for his birthday and we had a great time! The ambiance and the food was everything! My cousin recommended this restaurant to me and I'm glad she did. Davio's is not kid-friendly, but I highly recommend it for the grown & sexy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first impressionBoeandGloriaDined on 9/13/2014We Just had a culinary experience at Davio's in Philadelphia. The food off-course was fantastic... the service was spectacular and the ambiance was amazing. The overall experience and excellent. We definitely will be going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron BRbeaverDined on 9/13/2014Service was top shelf. Staff was helpful, polite and knowledgeable. The sautéed chicken livers with cherries and balsamic reduction was outstanding as was the skirt steak and salmon entries. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Davio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014As it was the first time for my wife and I to dine at Davio's we were so pleasantly pleased with an exceptional dining experience. From the personal service, the outstanding food and wine choices, and the overall satisfaction in fine dining in downtown Philadelphia, we would highly recommend Davio's for anyone wanting to explore a fantastic place to enjoy dinner. We will be back!Special Features:
- What I thinkIluvseafoodDined on 9/12/2014Every thing was delishous except I was disappointed with my main course. I ordered the crab cakes and they were not very good. Some type of pepper over powered every bite and I basically couldn't eat them my husband shared his steak with me instead. For $32 I was expecting excellent crab cakes and that was clearly not the case. Everything's else was great and the service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionphilaphoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014I was there celebrating a birthday and an engagement of two of my friends. The whole staff joined in the celebration, and made both girls feel very special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent with 2 servers constantly checking in to make sure everything was good and our glasses never went empty. Food tasted delicious; however, the pasta was more on the uncooked side than al dente (it shouldn't crunch). I would definitely come back though to try some other dishes. It was a little too noisy in the restaurant to hear each other talk unless you wanted to shout.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewIFineDineDined on 9/12/2014I arrived a half hour late for my reservation which was at 7pm I called ahead to let them know I'd be late. I had a total group of 3 and we were seated promptly upon arrival. The servers were very attentive and recommend a wine for us to try. The food was also great I ordered the scallops. The good was overall good and I would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for girls only!KurtainsDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had been to Davios before, but this my first time for lunch with all women. Also it was restaurant week. Having sometimes felt like"second class citizens" when dining with just women, I was more than pleased. Food choices were varied and the food and service were excellent. Would def. go again.Special Features:
- Amazing :)hwash35Dined on 9/11/2014I went to Davio's the other night with my two friends for restaurant week. It was wonderful! I ended up not picking off the restaurant week menu, but the options were great! I had the sautéed calamari for an app., it was cooked to perfection. I hate when I get octopus and it is chewy, but theirs was tender and delicious! I had the salmon for my dinner, the fish was dry; however, it came with farro and kale so that made up for it. The best part about Davio's was the service. We were greeted with smiling faces at the host stand and during our meal we were checked in with. Matt was our server and he was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great lunchCuveebDined on 9/10/2014Went to Davio's for a restaurant week lunch. It met and surpassed all of my expectations. It was great to go to a restaurant with an acceptable noise level in addition to great food and service.Special Features:
- Chaotic CravingsBigSpoonDined on 9/9/2014For the newbie, such a place can be an overwhelming experience - in a good way! Upon being seated promptly for my reservation, a synchronized wave of staff greeted us with water, menus, information, and a complimentary spread from every direction. It is a lot to take in, unexpected who might bring what from where but, it makes the dining experience exciting. As a guest of Davio's, you never feel ignored nor do you feel an intimate conversation may be interrupted by the staff. And, if you can make it to their main course... well, all you will be caring about is who's bringing seconds.Special Features:
- sheenabeanDined on 9/8/2014Service was superb. The waiters were very friendly and on top of things. It was me and my other half anniversary and they even took it upon themselves to bring out our desserts on a plate that said Happy 4 Year Anniversary. The food was awesome. Very romantic environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014The service is impeccable here. I went with my boyfriend for my birthday during restaurant week. Not only was it a great deal but it was delicious and felt like we got a true Davio's experience. Truly amazing service, and delicious food! I had the salmon, my boyfriend had the steak and it was delicious. Chocolate souffle was so good and spot on, and this is coming from a baker/chocolate lover.Special Features:
- Better next time?Shana2786Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I frequently dine here. We rant and rave about this restaurant to friends. We took a couple here to enjoy one last night out before we have our baby arrives (due in 6 days!) but this time we had to wait 30 min just to get menus, service was ok. We received the wrong appitizers, then my steak was so well done I barely ate it. I didn't send it back since by the time we got our food it was almost 10pm we sat down at 8pm. Usually everything is amazing. Hope next time we have a better experience. We will be back to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMichaelDined on 9/6/2014We went to Davio's to celebrate a special occasion - a recent wedding - and we were thoroughly pleased. I was the only one in our party who had dined at Davio's before, and I was happy that they lived up to my expectation and the expectation that I had created in my guests. Fabulous - I will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Davios dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great birthday dinner for my wife and the staff really went out of their way to make it a special dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentHandymanDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked in this restaurant we felt very welcomed. Wait staff was amount the best I have every experienced. The food was incredible, wine selection was extensive. Definitely a place to keep on the top ten list of places to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- as usual.....yuckDined on 9/5/2014Our dining experience was wonderful thanks to Jordan and her serving partner Kasham( I hope that is spelled close to the real way). The food is fabulous, but the service makes us want to come back again and again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service and foodgailVIPDined on 9/4/2014The entire Davio's staff is remarkable. They make everyone feel good about dining with them. Food is always consistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What took us so long!!!?yuckDined on 8/29/2014We have been in Philly for five years and had not been to Davio's. We will most certainly be back as it was wonderful. I reply liked the personal attention and wonderful food!!! Emilio was fabulous with attention and recommendations.Special Features:
- If You Want To Impress Someone,OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/25/2014Then Go To Davios. Fantastic Ambience, Food, and Service...nothing more to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SarahVIPDined on 8/24/2014Always have a great meal at Davio's Best steak in the tri-state areaSpecial Features:
- Wedding Party DinnermyWeddingParty14Dined on 8/22/2014Good ambiance for a special occasion. Ours was a same-sex wedding party. Upon entering, the hostess asked where the bride was. I said he's right here. lol. Food could have been better. Some dishes definitely needed more seasoning, such as the meatballs and risotto. Starter springrolls were very good. The bacon however tasted very funky and also chemical-like. Everyone at the table agreed. Overall, it was a good experience with friends and loved ones. However, with other exquisite dining choices in the area, we'd likely not return.Special Features:
- What dining should be!TonyDined on 8/21/2014The service, food, and experience was the best We have ever experienced. Everyone should eat here at least once.Special Features:
- great experience for a specail niteAutopilotDined on 8/19/2014It was our 25th anniversary. They gave us a great table and it seemed the entire staff knew it was a special night. Compliments and congratulations from everyone! And then the food. One of the best Caprese ever. The heirlooms and mozzarella were full of flavor. Main course was Filet and Ribeye. Grilled to perfection - medium rare. Filet was flavorful, tender and moist. Ribeye was nicely marbled and full of flavor. Asparagus was crisp and the mushrooms made an excellent side. Had a side of sea scallops. Like the steak, seared to perfection. Perfect dinner for a very special occasion. Kudos to Renée and all the staff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointedBarryDined on 8/15/2014We had a good start with the exception of the ambiance – felt like the dining was in a bank and appetizer a little on the salty side. The service was attentive, but then the steak came well done - I ordered medium. They came back with a medium RARE so I carved out the edges and just called it a night. They took off cost, but too little- too late. I enjoyed the pasta, but you may want to stay away from the steak!
- REMINISCENTOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/15/2014Davio's has not lost it's excellence as far as food, service, propriety, since my half dozen visits dating back to the opening days - my sincere complements and appreciation to the chef! And as importantly, the wait-person named on my receipt as "Ronnie P." who was pleasant, sincere and deserving of high praise!! My arugula salad with grilled Ahi tuna was absolutely outstanding………Special Features:
- Service is outstandingGuffDined on 8/7/2014Second year for a white coat celebration at Davios. Great restaurant to serve the surf and turf members of our party The service was perfect as nothing is ever an asked as they thought of it a couple minutes before. The steaks were tendered and the mako shark was done perfectly. When ordering the wine another vineyard was suggested and what a winner it was. From cocktails( one to suit everyone and experiment with) to coffee with the dessert everything was done to perfection. The only issue will be having to wait until graduation dinner in a few years since we are from out of town.Special Features:
- impeccable servicecoby1023Dined on 8/5/2014the food preparation is impeccable. the sevice far exceeds sny restaursnt in the area!! ettore, congratulations snd thank youSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BlackcoffeeblackcoffeeDined on 8/5/2014A good place to eat no doubt. The service is very good and the food is good. My only warning is that, although the food is good, its not great. Therefore, I think that it is overpriced. The food doesn't measure up as a value proposition. The atmosphere is quite nice.Special Features:
- Slightly less than prior visitMobleyHillDined on 8/2/2014Visited several times. The food was not at the level it was in prior visits. Service was impeccable but we were at a table near service area and I moved my seat because my chair was bumped several times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great service!Tbren510Dined on 8/2/2014My wife and I celebrated our tenth anniversary here. I was really impressed with the attentiveness of the staff. All of the servers and hosts were very helpful and even remembered our names. The food was amazing! We can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday dinnerValCVIPDined on 8/2/2014Great food and awesome service. A big thank you for making my husband's birthday dinner fantastic. Also thank you to the wait staff for being patient with our kids when they ordered.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business Lunch EssentialTeamBlueDined on 8/1/2014My staff and I had never dined at Davio's even though our office is only 1 block away. At the suggestion of a Co-worker, we decided to have a farewell lunch with a member of our team at Davio's. We were the first party to arrive on this particular afternoon, so we were seated right away. The menu selection was very good. We shared the appetizer sampler amongst the table. The waiter was very personable and offered recommendations from the menu. Due to the occasion for the lunch, we spent a couple hours talking while eating, but we were never rushed. The food was delicious and flavorful. I am definitely going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another Memorable Davios ExperienceTorqueyDined on 7/28/2014I have been coming to this Davios since it opened - over 15 years ago. Originally business lunches & dinners and, in recent years, large family gatherings. In every instance - especially the most recent - food, service, and overall experience has been world class. Truly professional service staff make the experience from drinks at the bar through dessert appear seamless by attention to every detail. Every menu item, from assorted appetizers to steak and seafood dishes, arrived at our table of nine (aged 29 to 90) perfectly cooked and beautifully presented. For us, Davios sets the standard in Philly.Special Features:
- Wonderful!MikeVIPDined on 7/28/2014Loved this restaurant. We decided to have an early dinner with friends in Philadelphia, and was surprised when we couldn't get a reservation for 6:00. Went at 5:30 and we were a little nervous because there was no one in the place. But by 6:00 the place was packed. All four of us enjoyed everything. The food was superb. The service was what really stood out. There must have been at least 3 service people for every person in the room. You couldn't ask for better service. We are planning to return soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AmazingOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 7/27/2014I'm from western Massachusetts & have wanted to go to Davios for years. It took going to Philadelphia to finally go, but it was well worth the wait. Every aspect was of the highest quality, ambiance, service, food & drinks. I will certainly be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.