Davio's - Philadelphia
111 South 17th Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $31 to $50
Davio's - Philadelphia
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davios.com/
- Phone: 2155634810
- Hours of Operation:
Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am – 11:00am; Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:30am – 4:00pm; Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm – 11:00pm; Bar Menu: Monday - Friday: 2:30pm – closing
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Italian
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Davio's Penthouse floor private spaces located in what was originally Provident Bank’s well-appointed Board Room, including two anterooms, available for intimate weddings and private parties Outdoor “Skyline Patio” affords dramatic views of the Liberty Place Towers and the eastern downtown cityscape. Additionally, arrangements for the entire restaurant may be made for a special function. Davio’s has High ceilings, large windows and polished walnut floors, consistent with buildings of its era. Davio’s moveable wood/glass partitions afford privacy anywhere in the Main Dining Room.
- Private Party Facilities: Davio’s accepts large parties of 20 or more.
- Private Party Contact: Ettore Ceraso or Elizabeth Blakely 2155634810x
A word from Davio's - Philadelphia
Davio’s, with its “Northern Italian Steakhouse” cuisine, brings a deliciously unique flair to a city famous worldwide for its Italian restaurants. Situated in the historic Provident Bank Building in Center City Philadelphia, Davio’s offers diners the complete upscale dining experience - exquisite food, expertly prepared and presented in a grandly historic ambience. Davio’s skilled wait-staff provide guests with relaxed, yet attentive service, and are smartly garbed in long white coats reminiscent of Italy’s finest restaurants. Offering Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner 7 days a week, the restaurant has already gained popularity as a prime spot for both “Power Breakfast” and “Power Lunch” among the Philadelphia business community. Dinner also brings local and national luminaries from all walks of life on a regular basis. Reservations are suggested for the main dining room.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Davio's - Philadelphia reviews from OpenTable diners
187 reviews since June 22, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (129)romantic (89)fit for foodies (86)notable wine list (74)good for groups (54)great for lunch (35)hot spot (32)neighborhood gem (30)vibrant bar scene (20)scenic view (14)kid-friendly (6)late-night find (6)great for brunch (5)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/16/2014The server suggested a smaller sized pasta It was a perfect sized serving the lamb was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- just greatphltriDined on 10/12/2014Great food, place decor is relly nice, service is really really good and everything else. This a place I will awalys come back. It is also well located.Special Features:
- Best Italian food outside ItalyMMH22102Dined on 10/12/2014My husband and I dined at Davios on a quiet Sunday evening. We could actually hear each other speaking in a normal tone of voice...a rare treat. The setting was lovely, quiet and romantic. The service was perfectly timed. And the food was simply wonderful. Literally the best Italian meal we have had outside of Italy. Order the prosciutto and melon appetizer and discover how fantastic that usually so-so dish can be.Special Features:
- Great ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/11/2014This was our second time visiting Davio's. Again, it was a great experience. The food was outstanding and the service was impeccable. We left their without a single complaint. Could not have been better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulBeachesVIPDined on 10/11/2014We were a party of 4 and everything was delicious.Special Features:
- Happy Birthday MomRenergy25Dined on 10/10/2014This is the 3rd time I've been to Davio's. The food has always been incredible, which is the reason I went their this past weekend 10/11/14. We celebrated my Mom's 60th birthday and she's never been at a super high end restaurant like Davio's in Philly so it was a great treat for her and my dad. As always, the food was incredible. My parents gave us rave reviews about the place They had a blast. However I was disappointed in the service. We had two waiters jump right on top of us once we sat down. At one point our server told my dad he would get him another iced tea. The server never returned and I had to flag down another manager to get him his drink. For that reason, I give this dining experience 4 stars.Special Features:
- gardensdinesDined on 10/9/2014Davio's is an excellent restaurant. Menu is broad and interesting. Food and service are superb consistently.. This is a five star restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstading ServiceJalanTexasDined on 10/7/2014The service was outstanding and the staff ensured all was going well by check on our group and asking me by my name - very custom service that was greatly appreciated as I was hosting a work dinner.Special Features:
- Great Service - Good FoodGAProvinceDiningDined on 10/7/2014The service is impeccable which gets you off to a good start. Great Bar and a nice wine list with a broad spectrum of offerings and prices. The food is good if not great. We had mussels to start and while the sauce was fabulous - the mussels had overcooked badly. Great bread though to dip in the sauce. We both had the Veal porterhouse - which was just okay and a little underwhelming given the price tag. The crème brulee was excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice PlaceCuckoosNestDined on 10/6/2014The service is fantastic. You have multiple servers who either have great memories or crib notes. I was amazed with the orchestration (if you will). I dined by myself but the service was never intrusive, they made good recommendations, etc. In general, the food is great. I did order the tomato soup for an appetizer which was not as impressive as I expected. But the main course, a filet with Broccoli Rabe was incredible. The wine list is impressive but be prepared to pay for the good stuff. Overall, it was an excellent dining experience and I would bring clients there.
- dissappointedzymeguyDined on 9/25/2014Doesn't truly represent Norther Italian. How can you not have risotto on the menu? High noise level. Only a single wine from Tuscany (by the glass). Great super Tuscan, though.
- Awesome food and service!lmill34Dined on 9/20/2014The food is amazing and so is the service. Went with a party of 4 and everyone was pleased. Endless bread with different spreads. Waiters and waitresses always available and quick!Special Features:
- Great serviceemmaDined on 9/19/2014I went here during Restaurant Week. The food was decent. As for the restaurant week menu, portions were small. We had to add another appetizer and a side dish. I would recommend their regular menu. I have to say their service was the best in Philadelphia. We brought our baby although we were not sure if that was a good decision for eating at a nice restaurant. But all staff were very kind to us. Each every one of them talked to us and made sure we were having a good time. Because of that, we did have a great time. We are deeply impressed by their service. We will return in the near future!Special Features:
- Beautiful restaurant average foodlexus9Dined on 9/19/2014Restaurant is beautiful. Food was average the appetizers were good but the actual entree which was chicken was flavorless and when I sent it back for something else that was average the noodles were not cooked enough. The food tasted like it had been cooked earlier and then reheated in a microwave. The only benefit was that it was restaurant week and I only paid 35 which was still too much for that meal. The desert was excellent and the waiters were very niceSpecial Features:
- Second visitHungry1273Dined on 9/19/2014I was very happy with my 2nd lunch visit. David's is on the list for potential anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Philly restaurant experience!KatieDined on 9/18/2014My husband and I went to Davio's for his birthday on a weeknight during restaurant week. We had an amazing time! We both ordered off the restaurant week menu and the food was incredible! The gnocchi with truffle sauce was just as good as I have had in Italy, the beef was cooked perfectly, and the suggested wine was perfect. The best part of our experience though was the great service. Every time the staff came to our table they addressed us by name and made sure everything was ok without pestering us. Overall, this was the best dining experience we have had in Philly and will definitely be back!Special Features:
- delicious lunchlibrarianDined on 9/18/2014Went here for Restaurant Week lunch. Full bar and impeccable service in a nice room, white linen cloths, lots of dinnerware, glasses and cutlery, and a folded linen napkin. Not my normal lunch room, but I wanted to try the famous cheesesteak egg rolls after having a great sandwich from Davio's at this year's Walnut Street Festival. Three available appetizers included the egg rolls so I got that. They were okay, but not to die for. Roast chicken entree was delicious, surrounded by greens and croquettes, moist and fatty. The dessert was a sampler of key lime pie, flour less Nutella pretzel, and panna cotta. They pretzel cake and pie were good, the panna cotta was not at all creamy but had a good taste. Good drinks. Uncomfortable chairs.Special Features:
- FantasticTommyVIPDined on 9/17/2014We went to Davio's to celebrate a birthday. As usual it was a lovely night. The food was perfect as was ambiance.Special Features:
- SharonKSharonKDined on 9/16/2014Met a friend for lunch during Restaurant Week. The server was attentive and offered general menu suggestions but was not pushy. After realizing we were there for the Restaurant Week menu, he offered commentary on those choices as well. Very friendly. Food was, as always, very good. Very enjoyable and would happily return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food and AtmosphereEnjoyLife1Dined on 9/16/2014We went for restaurant week and enjoyed the appetizers, entrée, and yummy desserts. Gluten free menu extensive. Only negative is they charge you $3,75 for every soda you order/refills not included. For the two of us $15 for 4 soda's at lunch, expensive.Special Features:
- Great Atmosphere for DinnerFunNiteVIPDined on 9/14/2014Our group of 6 had dinner at Davio's during Restaurant Week. The service was outstanding, atmosphere was impressive and the food was excellent. I would highly recommend this restaurant and on Sunday, you may bring your own wine for dinner. If you have an opportunity - please try this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Davio'sNiecepoohDined on 9/13/2014I took my boyfriend to Davio's for his birthday and we had a great time! The ambiance and the food was everything! My cousin recommended this restaurant to me and I'm glad she did. Davio's is not kid-friendly, but I highly recommend it for the grown & sexy.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great first impressionBoeandGloriaDined on 9/13/2014We Just had a culinary experience at Davio's in Philadelphia. The food off-course was fantastic... the service was spectacular and the ambiance was amazing. The overall experience and excellent. We definitely will be going back...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ron BRbeaverDined on 9/13/2014Service was top shelf. Staff was helpful, polite and knowledgeable. The sautéed chicken livers with cherries and balsamic reduction was outstanding as was the skirt steak and salmon entries. Going back soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time at Davio'sOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 9/13/2014As it was the first time for my wife and I to dine at Davio's we were so pleasantly pleased with an exceptional dining experience. From the personal service, the outstanding food and wine choices, and the overall satisfaction in fine dining in downtown Philadelphia, we would highly recommend Davio's for anyone wanting to explore a fantastic place to enjoy dinner. We will be back!Special Features:
- What I thinkIluvseafoodDined on 9/12/2014Every thing was delishous except I was disappointed with my main course. I ordered the crab cakes and they were not very good. Some type of pepper over powered every bite and I basically couldn't eat them my husband shared his steak with me instead. For $32 I was expecting excellent crab cakes and that was clearly not the case. Everything's else was great and the service was phenomenal!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great for a special occasionphilaphoodieVIPDined on 9/12/2014I was there celebrating a birthday and an engagement of two of my friends. The whole staff joined in the celebration, and made both girls feel very special.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/12/2014Service was excellent with 2 servers constantly checking in to make sure everything was good and our glasses never went empty. Food tasted delicious; however, the pasta was more on the uncooked side than al dente (it shouldn't crunch). I would definitely come back though to try some other dishes. It was a little too noisy in the restaurant to hear each other talk unless you wanted to shout.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant Week ReviewIFineDineDined on 9/12/2014I arrived a half hour late for my reservation which was at 7pm I called ahead to let them know I'd be late. I had a total group of 3 and we were seated promptly upon arrival. The servers were very attentive and recommend a wine for us to try. The food was also great I ordered the scallops. The good was overall good and I would go here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience for girls only!KurtainsDined on 9/12/2014My husband and I had been to Davios before, but this my first time for lunch with all women. Also it was restaurant week. Having sometimes felt like"second class citizens" when dining with just women, I was more than pleased. Food choices were varied and the food and service were excellent. Would def. go again.Special Features:
- Amazing :)hwash35Dined on 9/11/2014I went to Davio's the other night with my two friends for restaurant week. It was wonderful! I ended up not picking off the restaurant week menu, but the options were great! I had the sautéed calamari for an app., it was cooked to perfection. I hate when I get octopus and it is chewy, but theirs was tender and delicious! I had the salmon for my dinner, the fish was dry; however, it came with farro and kale so that made up for it. The best part about Davio's was the service. We were greeted with smiling faces at the host stand and during our meal we were checked in with. Matt was our server and he was fabulous!Special Features:
- Great lunchCuveebDined on 9/10/2014Went to Davio's for a restaurant week lunch. It met and surpassed all of my expectations. It was great to go to a restaurant with an acceptable noise level in addition to great food and service.Special Features:
- Chaotic CravingsBigSpoonDined on 9/9/2014For the newbie, such a place can be an overwhelming experience - in a good way! Upon being seated promptly for my reservation, a synchronized wave of staff greeted us with water, menus, information, and a complimentary spread from every direction. It is a lot to take in, unexpected who might bring what from where but, it makes the dining experience exciting. As a guest of Davio's, you never feel ignored nor do you feel an intimate conversation may be interrupted by the staff. And, if you can make it to their main course... well, all you will be caring about is who's bringing seconds.Special Features:
- sheenabeanDined on 9/8/2014Service was superb. The waiters were very friendly and on top of things. It was me and my other half anniversary and they even took it upon themselves to bring out our desserts on a plate that said Happy 4 Year Anniversary. The food was awesome. Very romantic environment.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for special occassionOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/8/2014The service is impeccable here. I went with my boyfriend for my birthday during restaurant week. Not only was it a great deal but it was delicious and felt like we got a true Davio's experience. Truly amazing service, and delicious food! I had the salmon, my boyfriend had the steak and it was delicious. Chocolate souffle was so good and spot on, and this is coming from a baker/chocolate lover.Special Features:
- Better next time?Shana2786Dined on 9/6/2014My husband and I frequently dine here. We rant and rave about this restaurant to friends. We took a couple here to enjoy one last night out before we have our baby arrives (due in 6 days!) but this time we had to wait 30 min just to get menus, service was ok. We received the wrong appitizers, then my steak was so well done I barely ate it. I didn't send it back since by the time we got our food it was almost 10pm we sat down at 8pm. Usually everything is amazing. Hope next time we have a better experience. We will be back to see.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great EveningMichaelVIPDined on 9/6/2014We went to Davio's to celebrate a special occasion - a recent wedding - and we were thoroughly pleased. I was the only one in our party who had dined at Davio's before, and I was happy that they lived up to my expectation and the expectation that I had created in my guests. Fabulous - I will certainly be back!Special Features:
- Superb dining experiencesquirrelVIPDined on 9/6/2014We recently returned to Davio's for the 4th time....it was an outstanding evening. The staff is incredible....tending to your every whim with a smile and quick service. The food was delicious and everyone enjoyed their meal. The waiter made sure that all requests for additions or deletions to the meal were attended to....one member of our party had special dietary needs and the entree was adjusted perfectly.Special Features:
- Davios dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/6/2014Great birthday dinner for my wife and the staff really went out of their way to make it a special dinner.Special Features:
- ExcellentHandymanDined on 9/5/2014From the moment we walked in this restaurant we felt very welcomed. Wait staff was amount the best I have every experienced. The food was incredible, wine selection was extensive. Definitely a place to keep on the top ten list of places to goSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.