427 Walnut Street
Lynnfield, MA 01940Neighborhood:
SteakhousePrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://davios.com/lynnfield
- Phone: 7819444810
- Hours of Operation:
Sunday - Wednesday 11:30 am - 10:00 pm
Thursday - Saturday 11:30 am - 11:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Carte Blanche,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Stephen Brown
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Looking for offsite catering? Can’t get out of the office? We will come to you! Davio’s offsite catering offers from sandwiches, soups, salads, even our very famous Homemade Kobe Meatballs. We cater to all of your needs. Please email our Sales Manager Trish Duffy at email@example.com for your next offsite order.
- Private Party Facilities: Davio’s Lynnfield, located at the exciting Market Street complex located in Lynnfield, includes an enormous display kitchen with in-house bakery, an open wine room with 300 selections and parking! Davio’s Lynnfield’s main dining room and three versatile function rooms are spacious, with over 9,000 square feet.
- Private Party Contact: Trish Duffy 7819444810x
A word from Davio's Lynnfield
As a Northern Italian Steakhouse our menu includes a selection of the finest cuts of meat - Aged New York Strip Sirloin, Filet Mignon, Niman Ranch Pork and Provini Porterhouse Veal Chop. The menu also includes well-known classic Davio’s specialties such as Tagliatelle Bolognese, Penne Applewood Smoked Chicken and Crispy Chicken Livers. To complete our menu we have a varied selection of fresh seafood - Tuna, Swordfish and Lobster, as well as many pasta dishes and fresh seasonal salads. There is also an on-site bakery where desserts, pastries, ice cream and breads are all prepared fresh daily.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSteak
Davio's Lynnfield - Best Restaurants in Lynnfield ›
Davio's Lynnfield reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since June 3, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelEnergetic
special occasion (48)fit for foodies (37)good for groups (25)neighborhood gem (20)romantic (20)vibrant bar scene (19)great for outdoor dining (18)notable wine list (18)hot spot (12)great for lunch (10)great for brunch (2)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- FussyPhyllisDined on 9/27/2014As usual the food was terrific but the service was very slow. I know it was Saturday night but the house was not full. No excuse.Special Features:
- Great food!Mich27Dined on 9/20/2014Delicious dinner. We were seated right on time for our reservation. My Filet mignon was tender and cooked perfectly, but the service was very slow. Our server did not seem very confident in her knowledge of the menu. We started with two Caesar salads and asked for no anchovies and our salads both contained anchovies. Also, it was very difficult to get our drinks. I noticed our server only had a few tables of two, but we barely saw her. Since the dinner was great, we will be back. Hopefully the service is better next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- everything we hoped for and morewifes40thDined on 9/20/2014The title says it all. Exceeded our expectations on every level. Especially the food and drinks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JmahzDined on 9/20/2014Excellent experience. I had a rib eye and wife had the fish special both delicious. Server was Den and she was efficient with a good sense of humor. Fun meal but very expensive.Special Features:
- Why change a Great thing?LauraJoyDined on 9/19/2014I have not been to Davio's in 6 months or so. However, when I do go I typically order the roasted chicken with roasted potatoes and a side veg . . . I did not realize the menu had changed and ordered the chicken - and the 'new' roasted chicken is awful. The chicken comes on a bit fat slop of potato goo and the spinach was woefully under seasoned and overcooked. The lemon sauce tasted like gravy and the chicken was rubbery. When I asked the waiter what happened to the the original dish - he was very rude and snapped 'it's right on the menu what comes with the chicken - all you have to do it read it'! Really ? The moral of this story - I won't be dining in the very LOUD, overpriced Davio's again !
- BigAlDined on 9/10/2014Great service, steak was just ok. when you pay $50 for a steak the quality should be superb.
- Dual anniversary dinnerTraveledDined on 9/8/2014My husband and I took our daughter and her husband for dinner this week. It was there first anniversary and our 25th. What a special night. Everyone at Davios from the hostess to the manager to our incredible waiter Nick and his team helping us were wonderful. Food was incredible. We all had a steak of somekind and they were all cooked perfectly. Was great to know we could share salads. And of course the desserts were incredible too. They also brought out a plate of peanut butter chocolate sweets and a delicious sweet after dinner wine - their compliments for our celebration. Our new favorite spot for sureSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful - as always!ChrissieVIPDined on 9/6/2014Davios Lynnfield is a new favorite of mine. I can always count on the staff to recognize my food allergies and have no fears dining here! Enjoyed a wonderful fig appetizer and amazing scallop entree. DELISCIOUS!!!Special Features:
- Great servicegrantroVIPDined on 9/3/2014Had a great experience from start to finish! The food was great, the service was great. It's nice to have a restaurant like this in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious meal!BeachwalkerVIPDined on 9/3/2014Found all five of our dinners to be excellent. wISH WE HAD EATEN OUTSIDE SINCE THE NIGHT WS SO LOVELY BUT our group seemed to prefer inside. My salmon was excellent and my husband hasn't stopped raving about his short ribs and warm spinach salad, which was filled with portobello mushrooms and sun dried tomatoes. And don't get him started on his teramisu. Beyond scrumptious. Can't wait to return. Prices weren't cheap but still reasonable for the quality of the food.Was $300 before tip for five of us, including a bottle of wine and two beers, four appetizers and three desserts.Special Features:
- Suburban trying to be urbank10maDined on 8/29/2014Desperately trying to be hipper than it really is. Menu is part TGIF and part grown-up. Ambiance is beige. Service is the only bright spot.
- JoshuaDined on 8/29/2014A place with a reputation that is not met by the food, ambiance, service, or location.
- Strange place...tommyDined on 8/29/2014this price point in the middle of a Mall is confusing to me and the staff.
- WOW!!Luv2play10Us2VIPDined on 8/27/2014Went to Davio's last evening and it was awesome!! We arrived early for our reservation, was directed to the bar (it was packed) but opted to just wait. The Hostess kept us updated regarding the readiness of our table. I couldn't get over the menu. Each choice looked better than the next. We started with cocktails which were amazing and not overpriced. My husband made his choice from the "Dine Out Boston" menu (Panzanella Salad and roasted chicken) and I chose from the regular menu (Arugula salad and pan-roasted lobster). We were both so happy with our choice that neither of us wanted to sample the other' dinner. We'll definitely be back!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ann01923Dined on 8/25/2014Came to try it out for Boston Dine Out and was impressed with the quality of the food and the sophisticated ambiance. Will come back for special occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/25/2014We went to Davios as it was restaurant week, and I have always wanted to go there. The restaurant is awesome, food is excellent, but it is a pricey restaurant.Special Features:
- Simply..."The Best!!"PonytailedDined on 8/24/2014Great food, calming ambiance, and expert service. The risotto and pannecotta were perfectly executed, as was the rest of our meal. A great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.Can't wait to repeat the experience!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Get RealLottieDined on 8/22/2014To last in a suburban mall location you need to price your food as others have who have succeeded such as Legal Seafood or The Cheesecake Factory. A sirloin steak for lunch priced at $45? A la carte? This has to be a joke. You are not Ruth's Chris in the Old City Hall. You need a college degree to figure out how to work this menu. The food and decor are great but let people have a complete lunch under $20 and a complete dinner under $35 or you will have to close it down. I'm serious. Also, 70s rock is totally inappropriate background music for what purports to be a classy experience.Special Features:
- Good FoodhpycamperDined on 8/21/2014It was a little deceiving from the outside since it appears darker and quieter from the street. Upon entering it is a vibrant, noisy environment with an open kitchen. The food was good and the service was excellent. We had the DineOut Boston menu in which several of the items were delicious. The custard dessert was a little disappointing but okay.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent servicebillDined on 8/20/2014Went during restaurant week. Had special menu. For being a steak house had NO steak on retaurant week specials. Menu choices a little dis-appointingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food but service lackinggrantroVIPDined on 8/19/2014This was not my first time at this chain but it was my first time at this location. My overall feeling is that it misses the mark, especially when it comes to service. Service was slow and disorganized. Another note is the noise level, with such an open concept it can get very loud when there are a lot of people in the restaurant.Special Features:
- slp2Dined on 8/19/2014first visit here. very pleased, excellent service and foodSpecial Features:
- great meal againljlblueVIPDined on 8/17/2014Have not be disappointed yet. This is a great restaurant between their food and staff you can't go wrongSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Better than expected!NFG27Dined on 8/16/2014Menu looked like it had something for everyone. Presentation of meals was suburb which I was not expecting. Tuna steak was the best I think I have ever had and lobster risotto was full of flavor and though filling, light. Wine list was plentiful. Will definitely go back! Upscale, casual.Special Features:
- JUSTOKLambdaDined on 8/12/2014The décor was nice everything else was just OK. Bar looked pleasant.Special Features:
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 8/9/2014Had a 6:45 reservation and we were taken right on time. Food and service was excellent. Great placeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food - even Gluten FreeDinesGFDined on 8/8/2014The food was delicious, the ambiance was a little loud - it made conversation a little more difficult. One of the members of our party was gluten free. They had an very varied gluten free menu and provided excellent service. They even had some gluten free desserts.Special Features:
- Waitertravel1VIPDined on 8/8/2014The waiter, I forgot his name, was wonderful. Very very attentive delivering superb service. We were celebrating our anniversary and he was very genuine when he wished us a happy one! My fillet was undercooked. He apologized and chastised me for not sending it back. He agreed that it was cooked rare not medium as I had requested. As a result, he did not charge us for our desert. Loved the anniversary plate of dipped strawberries that were delivered to us with a candle to blow out. All in all a great dining experience!Special Features:
- Consistently Excellent!PinheadVIPDined on 8/8/2014I love Davio's in Lynnfield. I return time after time because the restaurant delivers on all fronts. This time I brought two of my girlfriends to celebrate a friend's birthday. One of my friend's must eat gluten-free--she loved the restaurant so much she booked her mother's 75 birthday party in the semi-private room for 10! You can't go wrong with any selection on the menu--my friend's had the scallops which were beautifully presented and delicious. I had the special, skirt steak with a truffle risotto--Wow! Dining here is always a treat!Special Features:
- PotionsHungryDined on 8/5/2014Most portions were adequate but sea scallops portion was not. I received only 3 and a small part of another. Definitely overpriced for that.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Spot on a beautiful dayOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 8/3/2014Sat on the terrace and it was great. Food was wonderful - tried their new Manchego, avocado, tomato panini - highly recommendSpecial Features:
- We had a wonderful timeDonWatsonDined on 8/2/2014This is our second time at Davio's. We celebrated two family birthdays. We had a great time with terrific food. This was a perfect spot to celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NSdiner23Dined on 7/19/2014We had a 7:30 p.m. reservation and were not seated until 8:10. The table that they were saving for us was not available and instead of telling us they seated many other parties before us. When we complained, they gave us the next table. They offered us appetizers at the bar, but there was no way we were going to stand up and eat at the bar. When we got our table they brought us appetizers "of their choice", not ones that we would have selected. The steak that was ordered medium (pink center) was delivered almost raw. It was to be a "special birthday" celebration that was completely ruined by the wait. Our entire party of four all agreed that we would not return to this restaurant.
- Bad entree special preparationexperienceDined on 7/19/2014I ordered the pork tenderloin medium/but not dry special for the night. It arrived dry and well done. The manger on duty stated "it is difficult for the kitchen to prepare this dish" and so this is the way it is served. Hello! it is your Special. They offered to prepare a veal chop for me. When it arrived I took one bite and it was RAW not rare but RAW. So my 3rd and final selection was a tuna appetizer which they on brought me an appetizer portion not enough to satisfy anyone. In the mean time the 3 other people I was with had to endure and wait for me. The manager did not offer an apology via a gift certificate to come back nor did he apologize on our way out.
- Not What I ExpectedlsdineDined on 7/15/2014I wanted to treat my daughter to an outstanding lunch so we went to Davio's. I had eaten there in the past and it was excellent. The restaurant was not busy but our luncheon order of pizza and salad took 45 minutes to be delivered. The food was just OK - not what I expected for Davio's. Finally, when the bill arrived we were over-charged ($11 item on bill in error). I will not return to Davio's in Lynnfield.
- Overall great experienceJK5787VIPDined on 7/11/2014Dined on a Friday night. Was not as busy as what I thought it would be. Our server was fantastic. She was knowledgable and enthusiastic about the menu. The crab cake was fantastic. The fried lemon rings make the dish special. I had the sea bass that was cooked perfectly but what is memorable is the roasted corn it was served over. We ordered dessert just because we couldn't say no to our server. The panna cotta was perfect. The ambiance lacks a certain intimacy though. Or maybe it's because the pattern on the chairs reminded me of the furniture in my college.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food but expensiveFoodie2345VIPDined on 7/5/2014Food was great, I'd highly recommend the gnocchi with mushrooms and prosciutto platter appetizer. Quite expensive though- a dinner for 2 without alcohol is easily over $100. Service needs work too. Our waitress was nice but didn't really come check on us after dropping off the food and someone came to offer ground pepper about 15 minutes after we started eating. Nothing bad, just expected more for such a fine dining place with a price to match.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding!PinheadVIPDined on 7/5/2014We frequent the Lynnfield spot for a reason--it is consistently excellent! There is something for everyone on the well-planned menu. I try to order something new every time, but it is hard to do when the memory of the last visit's dish was so delectable. The chicken livers are a must. Tried the meatballs for the first time and they were the best I ever had (shhh...don't tell Mom). Not many places offer veal tenderloin, but at Davio's it is done perfectly and with a lovely presentation.Special Features:
- SusanDined on 7/5/2014I had a lovely birthday dinner at Davio's on Saturday, July 5. It was my second time at the restaurant and everything was wonderful. The ambience is lovely and all of the menu selections which I chose were delicious. The waitstaff was also wonderful.Special Features:
- Great food, great peopleljlblueVIPDined on 7/3/2014This was our second time here. We were seated by a very welcoming gentleman, then our waited came over. She said hi my name is Jen, haven't I waited on you before Ms Lake? We looked at each other and said yes last year when you first opened. She smiled and said I New I recognised you two. Welcome back. WOW! We ordered our salad and dinners with Jen's recommendations of accompanying sauces and everything was great. We definitely won't wait for another special occasion to come back, this may be one of our new regular dinner locations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 0 reviews are from the Davio's Lynnfield reviews archive.