DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar
180 High Street SE
Salem, OR 97301Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.davincisofsalem.com/
- Phone: 5033991413
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 9:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, Northwest
- Executive Chef: David Lucero
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Takeout, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Please contact us to get more information about our catering abilities, menus, and more!
- Private Party Facilities: We offer 2 semi-private rooms that can accomodate up to 25 people. If you would like to rent out our entire dining room, we can easily seat 150+. Room fees may apply.
- Private Party Contact: Mo Afshar 5033991413
A word from DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar
DaVinci Ristorante is an upscale restaurant and wine bar located in historic downtown Salem. We pride ourselves on a diverse and seasonally inspired menu, sourcing the finest meats and produce available from local farmers. Our wine list features over 80 wines poured by the glass, as well as thousands more bottles from our cellar. Along with the impressive wine list, we also feature a full bar and daily happy hour menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerNotable Wine List
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar - Best Restaurants in Salem ›
DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews from OpenTable diners
48 reviews since May 26, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (29)notable wine list (28)romantic (27)fit for foodies (22)neighborhood gem (19)good for groups (11)vibrant bar scene (7)hot spot (5)great for brunch (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Nice surpriseOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 9/13/2014Excellent food and service. The piano player in the bar was very nice while dining. Fresh local food prepared so well. Love to go back.Special Features:
- Ceviche in an italian restaurantCornmanVIPDined on 9/10/2014Excellent ceviche- who would have thought !! great bucatini. excetensive wine list of italian, cabs and Oregon Pinot. Life is goodSpecial Features:
- Welcoming with good food & locationReyBeyDined on 9/5/2014Good location and good food close by the Willamette campus. We were welcomed on arrival and service was attentive throughout the meal. Overall nice experience and came recommended by word of mouth from other parents and students.I would recommend this to a friend.
- GabbyDined on 9/2/2014Accommodated vegan requests with a tasty hardy dinner. Presentation of all food was delightful.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MargaretVIPDined on 8/29/2014Awesome restaurant! Our party of four enjoyed everything - appetizers, salads and entrees were all very interesting and just as delicious. Will definitely be back.Special Features:
- comfortmanDined on 8/22/2014Absolutely great food and great service. Music was also very, very nice.Special Features:
- Date night.GoodwineDined on 8/16/2014Good Italian food, an exceptional wine list, friendly staff and a great piano player. Do I need to say more?Special Features:
- Pleasant SurpriseAndrew57VIPDined on 8/15/2014I was dropping my son off at Willamette U. last weekend and we were looking for a place to have dinner and happened upon DaVinci. What a pleasant surprise. Excellent food, nice bar, friendly service, all with some live music thrown in. We'll be back.Special Features:
- Great looking placeHopperDined on 8/7/2014It is a great looking restaurant. I had the black spaghetti and it was very good. The appetizer of lobster Mac and My wife's meal of chicken risotto were laced with peas. Her risotto had a ton of peas. She didn't like these Peas so having that many of them ruined her meal. Piano player was good but so loud we couldn't hear each other. I would definitely go back again as the flavors are definitely there. I would just make sure I asked about the peas.Special Features:
- Awesome place!!!1yearFoodiesDined on 8/6/2014Everything from taste to plating. Service to wines. It was spot on!! My and my gf spent our 1 year anniversary here. We can treauser the memeorySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/5/2014We love DaVinci Ristorante. The food is amazing! The food has the most wonderful flavors. I especially love the way they prepare the scallops with bacon.Special Features:
- Nice dining in Salem!DRTAPDined on 7/19/2014I had the Black Seafood Spaghetti. It was delicious with large, fresh shrimp and wonderfully prepared scallops with yummy pesto/garlic black spaghetti. My wife and sister-in-law enjoyed great pasta and meatballs. My brother had an excellent dish as well. The wine was a perfect companion and the waiter was knowledgeable, friendly, and helpful. We enjoyed the dinner and a charming environment to catch up with one another for 3 great hours!Special Features:
- Up one levelGumboqueenDined on 7/15/2014Glad we stopped here from a full day of touring. Great live piano. Interesting and varied menu. Sat upstairs and enjoyed the view. Owner on premise making sure things went well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food. Great location.Diner24VIPDined on 7/12/2014We had a special event to celebrate. Had a 3 hour dinner. We're not rushed at all. Great service. Good meal. We will be nackSpecial Features:
- SolidJimiDined on 6/30/2014THey have been there for years, they are able to maintain consistently good food. Salem is not much of a food scene town and Davinci's sits on top of it with a couple of other placeSpecial Features:
- Excellent food every timebuddhafinderDined on 6/26/2014The quality here is consistently great, and the service was just right. A gem in Salem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Restaurantcroy517Dined on 6/24/2014DaVinci's was perfect for my husband's birthday dinner. The food was great and the service was excellent.Special Features:
- Good food, wine & musicLauraGDined on 6/18/2014We enjoyed the food and wine, but it was the piano music that really made the visit special.Special Features:
- The following 244 reviews are from the DaVinci Ristorante & Wine Bar reviews archive.
- A Gastronomic DreamJFedDined on 5/24/2014A perfect evening of fine food and great service! The Lobster Mac and Cheese antipasto was wonderfully prepared. It was love at first bite. I could live on that alone. The main course of Sea Scallops with corn, peas and asparagus in a moscato wine sauce was cooked to perfection. The scallops were very tender and succulent.Special Features:
- Great Service/Food on a Busy NightDivaDinerVIPDined on 5/11/2014This is the second visit we made to DaVinci and both were excellent. Because of Willamette graduation the restaurant was fully booked, but we still received great service and the food was excellent. It made for a wonderful graduation celebration.Special Features:
- An Italian GemOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 5/11/2014We met in Salem for a Mother's Day lunch - journeying from Portland and Eugene. DaVinci's was a great mid way point. We chose it based on other reviews and were surprised with how beautiful the setting was. It's in an old historic building with an expansive bar. The service was excellent. Food was great. And there was even live music with a talented piano player. This is really a dinner place - don't expect sandwich options or small plates. Try their version of the Caprese salad - excellent!Special Features:
- StairsOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 5/2/2014Nice italian restaurant. However, the host did not ask if we wanted upstairs or downstairs and took us upstairs. we prefer to be downstairs since I just had surgery.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect for date nightJ2C2Dined on 5/2/2014Excellent experience from beginning to end. The staff seated guests away from each other to the best of their ability, which is a pleasant demonstration of giving consideration to the customer's experience above the convenience of the staff's table service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Italian Restaurant in SalemJsprague56VIPDined on 4/25/2014My wife and I hadn't eaten at DaVinci for many years and really enjoyed our return trip (we don't live in Salem). We sat downstairs near the small wine bar and had great service from Richard, and the wines by the glass were excellent.Special Features:
- Best food in SalemHeartveggiesDined on 4/24/2014Love this place- always an exceptional meal! The atmosphere, food and staff are simply the best. We dined with my brother in law a vegetarian the restaurant was very accommodating offering to swap out any meat with lots of extra veggies!! He was very grateful :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/5/2014I took my girlfriend here before prom, and it was absolutely fantastic :) Everything about Davinci's is amazing.Special Features:
- Average taste in nice barPickymuchDined on 4/1/2014Ample bar and loud live music. Food was ok but lacked real flavor. Service was friendly and helpful.Special Features:
- What a surprise!!Iluv2dnc52Dined on 3/26/2014Chose the restaurant from online reviews. Walked into to a really unique, classy, beautifully done restaurant. The bar is stunning. Delicious meal with a great wine. Couldn't be closer to the Elsinore Theater where we were going. Will be back!Special Features:
- A disappointment for an anniversaryWileyb01Dined on 3/25/2014I had the Risotto with crab and it tasted pasty and the crab was fishy tasting I couldn't eat it.. My wife was not happy with her dish as well. I was not impressed. It was our anniversary and I wanted to surprise her because the place heard it was good. The salad we split was good. The service was good.Special Features:
- FLAVORS FANTASTICLETRDINEDined on 3/21/2014Definitely make a reservation before going, we went on a Friday night and they were busy. We had to wait a minute while our table was being prepared but we were offered a drink while we waited. We ate upstairs, service was excellent, and the flavors of the food were outstanding. A definite must try place when in Salem!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A downtown TreasurebeesDined on 3/21/2014Awesome. Perfect example what a local business should be. And why the word should spread so they are with us for a long time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great spotDaveDined on 3/17/2014My wife and I celebrated our anniversary here. We had an excellent experience. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overdone, but the music was lovely.ttg2Dined on 3/1/2014Wine list was arranged in a strange way that made it difficult to find our favorites, and then there was only one sauvignon blanc out of perhaps 35 wines. If you're serving lots of seafood, you should have a broad selection of whites. The two dishes we ordered were quite different-sounding on the menu, but they arrived looking like nearly identical haystacks of scallops, 4 different vegetables, shrimp and cream sauce. The menu listed mine as in olive oil, which would have gone better with the heaviness of the black linguine and mountain of peas, onion, asparagus, and tomato. On the bright side, we enjoyed the classics played by the pianist- he was excellent.Special Features:
- Portland VisitorsToniDined on 2/27/2014We were in Salem for a performance of Alvin Ailey II at the Historic Elsinore Theatre. DaVinci's was recommended. It was perfect in all respects - - convenient, as it was next door to the theatre; and the food/service/ambience was excellent. It was a great experience, one I would recommend to all!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing seafood97116Dined on 2/15/2014We enjoyed our dinner immensely. My black linguine was studded with sweet scallops and beautiful prawns. The pancetta and peas on it were prepared perfectly. My husband had the cioppino, which had such a plethora of scallops, prawns, salmon, clams and mussels that he could hardly finish it all. The charcuterie plate was beautiful to behold, and covered in wonderful meat and cheese choices. Our cocktails were perfectly mixed, and the wine paired wonderfully with the entrees. The gelato finale was delicious. The server paired a scoop of chocolate orange with a scoop of orange cream, for a lovely dessert we could share. Our visit was the highlight of our weekend, and we will make the hour long drive from our home again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Love Love DaVinci!passionforpastaDined on 2/15/2014This restaurant is for those that are looking for something different, high quality, cant find anywhere else food! My husband and I love this restaurant for their unique mix of flavors, which we have never tried anywhere else before. The Main Scallops dish is absolutely amazing! I bit more spendy, but totally worth every penny!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really great food.MaryDined on 2/15/2014We come here just once a year. The food is always delicious. I don't know why we don't go more often. I think we just save it for special.Special Features:
- Valentine DinnerCasmirDined on 2/14/2014My husband brought me to dinner, my first time in your restaurant...The food was wonderful, the young lady that waited on was very attentive and friendly, your place is nice and warm, only one thing I can think is that the seating needs to be not so crowded for a more intimate and romantic dinner experience with the one you love..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It was awesome!gojigalDined on 2/14/2014My husband had not been to your restaurant before so I made reservations for our Valentine's day dinner. He can't stop raving about it. It was delicious and the service was outstanding! Thank you. We will be back often,Special Features:
- Valentine's dateKelliMcKDined on 2/14/2014My husband and I enjoyed Valentine's dinner together. While the pianist downstairs was talented, the restaurant was too noisy for conversation, so we moved a chair to the side of our small table in order to be able to hear each other. The wait staff was accommodating in response. Wine was delicious, the sea bass special was fresh and creatively prepared. We felt a bit rushed at the end as someone came to clear our plates before we had quite finished, but overall it was an enjoyable evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.