Davids Steak & Seafood
302 Ocean Ave
Melbourne Beach, FL 32951Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Davids Steak & Seafood
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://davidssteakandseafood.com/
- Phone: 3213922029
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Friday: 3:00pm - 9:00pm, Saturday - Sunday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Wheelchair Access
- Private Party Facilities: We have a seperate room for smal intimate dinners for up to 16 people.
- Private Party Contact: David Green 3213292029
A word from Davids Steak & Seafood
The newest and best steak and seafood restaurant in the Melbourne and Melbourne Beach area. Serving hand cut steaks and locally purchased seafood in warm and inviting surroundings. Happy hour daily from 11 to 7 with 2 for 1’s. Entrees at lunch beginning at 6.50 and dinner for 10.95.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Davids Steak & Seafood reviews from OpenTable diners
- Overwhelmed by mothers dayLukeDined on 5/11/2013Short staffing resulted in long wait on mothers daySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu choices for our partyOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/3/2013Menu choices for our party of three were all delicious, but most items served to our table were warm, not hot, as if they had spent too much time under heat lamps in the kitchen. The place was not that busy, so one has to wonder. Wait staff efficient though not especially personable. We'd go back for the food itself ... and be more insistent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- As Always...Great food fixedOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/26/2013As Always...Great food fixed perfect with prompt friendly service.Special Features:
- A nice,quiet restaurant aboutOlinecVIPDined on 4/17/2013A nice,quiet restaurant about a block or two from the beach. I had never heard of salmon chowder, the soup of the day, and it was terrific -- every flavorful, loaded with chunks of salmon. I also enjoyed the Caesar Salad with grilled shrimp and scallops, very tasty. The hamburger also was quite good. I was hoping there were be more steak options on the lunch menu -- it is named David's Steak and Seafood. Also, there was a lot of confusion when we came as the two hostesses and waiter had never heard of Open Table and kept saying but we have open tables. Finally a manager came out and told them what it was, but their reaction to start made us feel awkward.Special Features:
- Hate to say it, but it reallyJeanetteVIPDined on 3/31/2013Hate to say it, but it really wasn't very good. The potatoes au gratin was the worst I have ever had - it was covered in crushed crackers and very dry - inedible!
- Davids is our new favoriteOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Davids is our new favorite place. Their steak is outstanding! The side dishes of creamed corn and potatoes au gratin are our favorite. Even their balsamic vinegar for the salad is delicious. David comes over and makes sure everything is done correctly. He is a pleasure to talk with. I can't say enough about his place.Special Features:
- once again david's has exceededdrbobVIPDined on 3/22/2013once again david's has exceeded all my expectations! My wife and I stopped in for dinner last thursday and chose to sit at the bar. We did a "surf and turf" ie. i ordered filet and wife ordered scallopes. If you havent tried them definetely do so. the scallops were grilled perfectly and sooo tender. we love david's!Special Features:
- My Visit to David's Steak & SeafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 3/22/2013My visit to David’s Steak & Seafood in Melbourne FL was enjoyable. Our reservation was made for 7 pm and was seated promptly once we entered. My guest and I really enjoyed our entrees. Everything tasted delicious and the flavors were amazing. The restaurant had live music which was fantastic. Unfortunately, our service was not so great. Our server seemed to be preoccupied with something else. One of my guests asked her three times for water and another one of my guests asked her four times for tea. We had to ask another server for the bill because we could not find our server. However, I would return to David’s Steak & Seafood because my guest thought their entrees were wonderful and it made up for the service.Special Features:
- David's is truely becomingdrbobVIPDined on 3/8/2013David's is truely becoming one of my favorites. Always great food and service. Try to arrive early to see Kia at the bar for a before dinner drink.Special Features:
- CilsingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013Very nice!! We were pleased with our experience, quality of food, etc. Just had a bit of an issue with parking!!! All Good. :))Special Features:
- Love It!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/9/2013We visited Dsvid's for a second (and not last) time. The staff is friendly and accomodating and the food is absolutely delicious and plentiful. We love the warm bread with 3 different butters with a glass of wine prior to the meal. The atmosphere works for any occasion. Most folks are dressed Florida casual, but we didn't feel out-of-place at all in date-night clothes. The dim lighting sets a nice tone for romance and the beach is right on the corner for an after-dinner stroll.Special Features:
- Not a place we will return to...OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated at a table under a spotlight next to the front door. There were other more desirable tables/booths available but we were told they were for "larger parties". A few moments late ra party of three were sat at one of the open booths. We were a party of two so I guess they were
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013We enjoyed our meal at David's Steak and Seafood. Service was very good. The atmosphere was nice. It was muted and romantic and very roomy. Every square inch was not in use! The food was outstanding and the prices reasonable. The menu is not huge, but there is enough variety to satisfy everyone. We would return.Special Features:
- Went for a small businessOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 1/16/2013Went for a small business dinner after reading open table reviews. Lots of better choices including Chart House and old Melbourne restaurants.
- Yum yum what a find. In ourOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Yum yum what a find. In our party of four we all Had great meals. The steaks were very tender and the fish was very flavorful . We had gone because of Mel beach chowder fest and David made it again for us on our night out and it was award winning again . We will be backSpecial Features:
- First timers.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/22/2012Davids is about a 30 minute drine from Viera, so we have been putting a visit off for a while. We were very pleased with our visit, the meal, serice atmosphere were all outstanding.Special Features:
- Melbourne finally has great food!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/8/2012If you know anything about Melbourne...you know that there is a remarkable void of good food in the area. I don't mean palatable...but truly good food that is a step above. Well that void no longer exists. David's has absolutely fantastic offerings from beginning to end. We had chicken and blue cheese flat bread, a ribeye, the filet and mahi entree, au gratin potatoes, zucchini, and key lime pie for dessert. Every detail of every plate was remarkable. I would put the quality of the food we had up against any steakhouse you can think of...and I've been to nearly all of the top names. This place is not to be missed.Special Features:
- mehOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/1/2012We went on a Thursday night and had no problem getting a table. We had steaks and mahi. Everything was OK. not anything special. Meat wasnt a great cut and was kinda chewy but cooked with care, very very plain food, little to no spice or salt/pepper.Special Features:
- The steak was wonderful. I'dOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/25/2012The steak was wonderful. I'd ordered Medium-Rare and it was perfect. If you are watching your sodium, be prepared to ask for them to use less salt.Special Features:
- The restaurant was very good.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/13/2012The restaurant was very good. Unfortunately they did NOT receive my reservation via OpenTable. They had no knowledge of it, even after I showed them the electronic record of the reservation on my phone. They still got us seated in 20 minutes on a busy night with a large group ahead of us. The restaurant handled everything very well and I would recommend it to everyone. OpenTable, I'm not so sure. It was my first experience so I don't know what went wrong. I MAY try it again, or I will just make the phone call. That ALWAYS works.Special Features:
- Best steaks on the Space Coast!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/28/2012This restaurant was a great find. My wife and I went to David's for a birthday celebration. The wine selection was good, and the service was friendly. Prices were very reasonable. We have lived in Brevard County for two years and found David's to have the best steaks around. She had the ribeye and I ate the filet & shrimp. We would definitely recommend David's Steak & Seafood to anyone looking for quality steaks and a great dining experience.Special Features:
- David's is a local neighborhoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/11/2012David's is a local neighborhood gem. My steaks are always cooked perfectly, and there are several delicious sides to choose from. The appetizers are also very tasty. There's a good vibe in the bar... friendly bartenders make you feel welcome. Melbourne Beach is kind of a sleepy town, especially when "snowbirds" are back up North. We're lucky to have such quality dining choices as David's.Special Features:
- Wonderful food - busy servers.OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/31/2012Had a very nice dinner here on a Friday night. We tried the appetizer combination and really enjoyed all three: huge coconut shrimp, a spicy seafood cake, and tangy ribs. Although the restaurant wasn't all that crowded, the wait staff were a little overbusy. So, I had to ask for my salad after the entrees had already arrived. And there were delays in receiving our beverage orders. I ordered the rib eye - a decent cut - prepared perfectly medium rare and served with hot bread and a side of creamed corn. My wife had some very nice pork chops - tender and moist with au gratin potatoes. Everything was delicious. We will definitely go back but might try to schedule it when we could get a little more personal attention from the staff.Special Features:
- A great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/26/2012David's has comfortable seating, a calming atmosphere, and great food. The service is great amd the prices are fair for what you get. There's a nice variety of selections. The owner always visits the tables to check on everything. I really hope folks frequent this restaurant so it will be around for a long time!Special Features:
- Overall good experience. FoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/15/2012Overall good experience. Food was great. Service was awesome.Special Features:
- great neighborhood seafoodOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/21/2012Very good,perfectly cooked seafood, not your average neighborhood place, great prices, great sauces. Very good service, friendly but professional , nice atmosphere for families or for a date, the owner is very personable and went out of his way to make sure we were happy with our meal.Special Features:
- No real vegetarian optionsTorontoDinerDined on 7/21/2012No real vegetarian options unless you want an expensive dinner of side dishes. I was disappointed with this because on their menu online it states that they have vegetarian options. I don't consider a bunch of side dishes dinner options. But everyone else enjoyed their food and the side dishes weren't that bad. I just didn't feel like I had an actual meal and the the cost for me ended up being more than for everyone else.
- Coconut shrimp was great,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/23/2012Coconut shrimp was great, as was the chili. Pork chops were dry and not very flavorful, needed hot sauce to get them down. My fiance also loved the coconut her scallops.Special Features:
- I found Davids to be OK.IOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/19/2012I found Davids to be OK.I made reservations as suggested on line.It was a 6 party birthday (senior) at 5:30 PM. I got a restervation code. Why? I'll never know. Tuesday 5:30 no one is busy.I called and extended the time to 6:00 PM.When arriving, no one had a clue about the reservation nor did they care,the place was empty.Everyone was plesant and we were attended to immediately. The menu was small and well acceptable. Too many choices is distracting and means they specialize in nothing. 3 ordered the Surf n' Turf ($25). It had choice of one side. Nothing to be desired. Salads were extra. The steak tasted of terderizer and the mahi mahi was frozen, tasted boiled and unimaginative. One 1/2 loaf of warn bread (6 slices) for 6 adults? $200Special Features:
- Horrible, Horrible, Horrible!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/30/2012- The fried green tomatoes were just red tomatoes & the breading was literally tasteless. - The caesar salad wasn't anything special. I asked for fresh ground black pepper, they brought me the shaker, told me it was broken, but gave it to me anyway. Basically, I couldn't get any pepper to come out of it. - I got the "David's Favorite", but substituted the spicy marinara for a lemon butter sauce (from their mahi special)... The sauce was so tasteless that I had to add salt AND lemon juice. Also, the pasta was undercooked. - The potatoes au gratin had RITZ CRACKERS as the topping... SERIOUSLY!? - And here's the kicker, the pasta/seafood dish came with toast. IT WAS A TOASTED HOT DOG BUN!!! SERIOUSLY, SERIOUSLY!?!?
- My wife and I had lived inOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/19/2012My wife and I had lived in Melbourne Beach many years ago and the one thing that was missing from the town was a good restaurant in those days - we are thrilled to see Melbourne Beach is coming along in that respect.
- Disappointing Dining ExperienceRetired1VIPDined on 5/16/2012After hearing so many good things about Davids Steak & Seafood, my wife an I were very disappointed with not only the food, but the atmosphere. Albeit, the restaurant is quiet, even when busy. Our appetizer, fried green tomatoes were heavy breaded, and the tomatoes were sour. My wife had the filet mignon (5oz). I don't think it was a true filet, as it had grizzle going through it, and it didn't have the fine taste of a regular filet. I had the swordfish, and it came out perfect, with a little beurne blanc sause. Also, my wife ordered a Dewars & soda, and they substituted some other scotch. Because of all this, we passed on dessert.
- We have dined here beforeOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2012We have dined here before and once again we were not disappointed. Service was good in fact we arrived early and we were seated immediatley. We like David's Special, shrimp and scallop pasta. The guava, keylime pie was wonderful!Special Features:
- used a deal chicken. was pleasentlyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/8/2012used a deal chicken. was pleasently surprised with the quality of the filet. w3ill eat there againSpecial Features:
- Food was yummy, owner cameOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/28/2012Food was yummy, owner came over and was very nice. Relaxed service and nice place. We will definitely go back! 2 for 1 wine, drafts and well drinks, a nice bonus.Special Features:
- Service and food excellentOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/27/2012Service and food excellent especially the filet. Thanks Dorothy Faye for your as always exceptional service, we had a wonderful evening.Special Features:
- A pleasant surpriseWolfmanJaxVIPDined on 4/13/2012Very Good experience overall. However they were not aware that I had made a reservation through OpenTable and therefore they missed the fact that we celebrating a birthday. The waitress was very attentive. The calamary was excellent, the bread warm and they had three different type of butter for it. The salmon that I had was very tasty and so it was the Alfredo pasta. My sister thought her steak was very good. The prices are very good too. They offered service with a smile. I just wished they had looked in the computer and aknowledged the birthday...but in spite of that I would take my family there again! :-)Special Features:
- Food was just alright nothingOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/6/2012Food was just alright nothing spectacular nothing bad.Special Features:
- Comfortable atmosphere andOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2012Comfortable atmosphere and good food at a very reasonable price. Our Filet Mignon was excellent. So were the Coconut Shrimp appetizers and the Au Gratin Potatoes as a side dish. Our server did a great job too. We will be back soon....Special Features:
- Great find via OPen Table...OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/1/2012Great find via OPen Table... We really enjoyed this local restaurant. The swordfish was outstanding and my children had great steaks..Special Features: