David's Restaurant & Lounge
802 Ash St
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliaislanddavids.com/
- Phone: 9043106049
- Hours of Operation:
6 nights a week-closed Tuesday:
Bar opens at 5:00pm
Dining room opens at 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Gold
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Wine Room at David’s is a luxurious setting for intimate gatherings up to 12 guests. You will be surrounded by rich mahogany and fine wines during your culinary experience. This is the perfect room to host an intimate rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary gathering. You will be swept away with the Old World ambience and professional service you will experience here at David’s.
The Banquet Room at David’s can accommodate up to 50 guests. It is the perfect place to host receptions, rehearsal dinners, business meetings or any evening private event. The room can be configured in many different ways in order to host your unique event just as you envision. We have created several banquet menus for you to choose from or we can tailor a custom menu to your specific needs. We are happy to help you with the details of planning your event and look forward to serving you and your guests. Contact our Manager to create the perfect event with no detail missed.
- Private Party Contact: Blane 9043106049x
Aaron Bing - Grammy Nominated Soprano Sax player - graces our stage on Friday & Saturday Nights at David's. Relax in the lounge and listen to his cool notes of original songs only at David's Restaurant & Lounge.
A word from David's Restaurant & Lounge
The ART of Dining! At David’s Restaurant we serve the finest seafood and meats available on Amelia Island. Our mouthwatering menu features a wide selections of delicious entrees such as Filet Oscar, Rack of Lamb, Grilled Prime Rib Eye, & Kansas City Strip Steak. On the Sea side Dover Sole, Truffle Scallops, Sea Bass & our Signature Dish: Mixed Grill Risotto. Our elegant presentation & experienced wait staff makes dining at David’s Restaurant a unique intimate dining experience. Attire: Sophisticated casual in the dining room, casual seating is available in the lounge. Our lounge is pleased to specialize in the finest wines, liquors and cocktails, as well as offering live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
David's Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
David's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since June 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (100)romantic (93)fit for foodies (62)notable wine list (54)neighborhood gem (44)good for groups (23)vibrant bar scene (13)hot spot (10)late-night find (5)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Cool place!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 10/22/2014My husband and I had delicious meals of fresh sea bass and snapper. The sea bass portion was rather small, but very tasty. The interior decor is very cozy with throw pillows in each booth and stone walls, casting a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/20/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere was very classy without being stuffy. The food was very good and the service was excellent! We had the Monday surf and turf special and it was very good. My husband had the Caesar salad and said that it was disappointing and not worth the $10 price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGarytDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed restaurant. Had a 615 reservation. Service was enthusiastic and food excellent.Special Features:
- Best upscale restaurant on AmeliaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Superb in every way! Wonderful food, impeccable service. Great presentation. The chocolate covered strawberry was a delightful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!SandyDined on 10/15/2014We went to David's for an anniversary dinner. The outside of the restaurant needs a little sprucing up. But once inside we were pleasantly surprised with our entire experience. The inside was beautifully decorated. The bar area looked busy with very comfortable seating. The dining area was nicely prepared for the dinner crowd. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. The small little surprises between courses brought smiles to our faces. The dinner was perfectly prepared and delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant and already have.Special Features:
- a gem in Ferndanina BeachchipDined on 10/12/2014excellent. By far the finest restaurant in the area. a must place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedExpectTheBestDined on 10/11/2014Overall, the dining experience was terrific, however, I have just a couple of suggestions that would have dramatically improved the overall experience for us and our four guests. Attention to detail was certainly expected at this price, but we found it lacking in terms of (lack of) wheelchair accessibility and (lack of) birthday cake and candle, which had been requested well before hand. As long as you don't have any special needs or special requests, David's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor menu selectionFinedinerDined on 10/4/2014This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. The menu has changed. Poor choises on all. No pork, one chicken. All steak and seafood. Our service was slow and the food only marginal. Too bad. Still love the bar entertainment.
- New favoriteGuttboyDined on 10/4/2014Friend had recommended David's quite a while ago - now I know why!! Great food, atmosphere & top notch attention to detail. My new favorite on Amelia.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDaveDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner at David's a couple of nights ago and had a wonderful experience. It is on par with fine restaurants in NYC, San Francisco, and other cities known for great food. We ate at Salt at the Ritz Carlton the night before, and I would say David's was at least as good as Salt. Appetizers were beautifully prepared and delicious. I had the Filet Oscar, cooked to perfection. David's is classier than many restaurants on Amelia Island. Don't show up wearing your cut offs and flip flops... its a nice place and if you can't dress nicely and drink anything more sophisticated than Bud Light, this place is not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalbobandjoyDined on 10/4/2014We visited Fernandina for a special occasion and… we made sure to dine at one of our favorite spots, David's! The experience did not disappoint. Patrick was an exceptional server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected EleganceABTurtleDined on 10/3/2014Fernandina Beach now has a modern, elegant alternative. David's is an escape from the beach scene - and a wonderful retreat into a classic, elegantly modern setting with a delicious and appealing menu.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperiencebkmartellVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were so pleasantly surprised to visit David's. Never expected the decor we found inside. Absolutely beautiful. The chef prepared our food perfectly and the pallet cleansers between courses was exceptional. From the moment we arrived the staff were courteous and welcoming. Although we don't live on Amelia Island, we would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. The bread presentation inside a treasure chest was a delightful touch.Special Features:
- As always great experience....MoogsDined on 9/27/2014We have been to David's numerous times - service is always good - the food - the best! The menu is diverse and they always have different specials that aren't always the same like some restaurants do. We have recommended it to many people. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We dined at David's to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had done the same thing a year ago after moving from California just two weeks before. We enjoyed our meal even more than the first time. The food was very good (my wife's prime was tough, but the wait person immediately replaced it with a fillet which was excellent). My order was some of the best snapper I have had in a long time. The dessert worked. The music was very good, just right for the surrounding environment.Special Features:
- Great FoodGoodFoodCoupleDined on 9/26/2014Good was top notch along with service. A place we would definitely return toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimeThomasDined on 9/24/2014First time at David's. was recommended by local business. wonderful - food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnereknlizDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I ate at David's for our anniversary, and had a great time. The food was wonderful I had the truffle scallops, and my husband had the Beef Wellington, both were prepared perfectly. Our server was James, he was very nice and knowledgeable about the food and libations. He makes a fantastic lemon drop martini! Dessert was the creme brulee which was light with a perfect crust. It is pricey so for us it will be special occasions only.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 9/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at David's. Our waitress Laura was very attentive and helpful. Several "extras" were included throughout the meal; a delicious spoon of crab pesto, raspberry sorbet, and chocolate strawberries. We started with escargot-perfectly prepared. I had a dirty martini with tasty bleu cheese stuffed olives. Bread was served in a fancy wooden box, a nice touch. We both had the surf/turf special, a smaller 4 oz. Filet mignon and lobster tail. Both were cooked perfectly. Husband had scallops and they too were delicious. I overheard the table next to us order bananas foster with made to order beignets, I love beignets! They were filled with banana cream and did not disappoint. We will definitely return to David's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FernindinaBjjklDined on 9/19/2014Excellent, in many ways. The only disappointment was that it had no local fish.Special Features:
- Fabulous find!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/19/2014Hidden treasure. Was not on any of the recommended lists we received but we were delighted with everything about our experience. The Dover sole was some of the best I've ever had. Chef was more than accommodating to a food allergy. Service was equal to or better than fine dining done anywhere. Thank you for a great experience! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice environmentRobertDined on 9/18/2014The menu and wine list was varied. Our service was excellent and our food good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster dinnerPennyDined on 9/17/2014We went to David's specifically for the lobster dinner. The restaurant is lovely, and the service was impeccable. The lobster was small but wonderful (and we had plenty of food.)Special Features:
- Our food was cooked perfectly.AmeliaVacationDined on 9/15/2014The crab cake was outstanding. And, the service was impeccable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Absolutely incredible!TNDivaDined on 9/12/2014This is not to be missed! The best seafood I ever had. The food was outstanding and delicious! Great service and a lovely setting. You won't regret having dinner at David's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great timeyoyoDined on 9/6/2014before dinner drinks with music in the bar. had a great meal with guest and finished the night with a excellent desert.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food with Outstanding ServicePaulDVIPDined on 9/6/2014Wife and I visited David's for the first time and were very impressed. The wine list gave you a number of options and the menu was diverse for any taste. Our server was simply outstanding during our evening. My wife enjoyed the special with Red Snapper and I had the Filet Oscar. The meal was fantastic and it we recommend anyone visiting in the Fernandina Beach area to visit. Would not advise for a family outing with young children, but fantastic for a romantic evening out.Special Features:
- Will not returnSam9314Dined on 9/5/2014From the moment I heard "I am pleased to serve you" I don't believe I heard to much from our server again. I guess the joke about referring to myself as a redneck doesn't justify good service because our server was pretty much absent from there on. I ordered a Ribeye for dinner that was left on the grill a little long, but that is was still edible I'm not one of those people by any means. (Sea Bass was marvelous) My issue is one our server had a mentality that he was all of a sudden to classy for us and when I expressed my opinion on the steak he was giving me the "yea, yea,, yea" (literally) and then walked off while I was still talking. Totally unprofessional, and if any of my employees behaved this way they would be released.
- 50/50OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/31/2014My daughter and I both had the mixed Grill risotto and it was delicious. My husband and son-in-law both had the pink snapper special and the fish itself was terrible. Neither one could eat more than a few bites of it,had a metallic taste.Special Features:
- Great dinnerNOLAGIRLDined on 8/21/2014Here with my husband for a review class & tried David's. I had the sea bass, which was great. Well seasoned. And my husband had the salmon. We were very pleased with our entrees.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David's - A Must-Do!BillPamDined on 8/18/2014The only problem with David's is that the food and wine selections are so wonderful that you might just eat and drink too much. Actually, this restaurant is a "Do-Again" for us, and should be a "Must-Do" for you.Special Features:
- Classy and inviting!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated out 7th anniversary at David's a week ago, and we couldn't be happier with my selection. Our server was very knowledgable of the menu and was very prompt in delivering out selections, as well as answering any questions we had. We will definitely be going back!Special Features:
- ExcellentdarthsteediousDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary. The entire staff made everything really enjoyable. The food was delicious, the drinks were excellent and our server Marc was top notch. David's came highly recommended and we were not disappointed.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnermikethecloserDined on 8/16/2014My wife and I celebrated our 46th anniversary at Davids. The food was excellent and our waiter was a very gracious and nice fellow. The restaurant itself is very pleasing to the eye, but the booth we sat in was only "comfortable" not great. When the fellow at the table behind me leaned back, I knew it. Not the end of the world, but David's is striving to be the "best of the best" and it is very close. If you like really good food, expertly prepared, you can hardly go wrong at David's. They did a great job of helping us celebrate.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major DisappointmentFritzDined on 8/15/2014We have eaten here on two previous occasions and it was great . This time I ordered the veal masala and it was uneatable. The veal was what I would have expected if I ordered veal at a second rate restaurant. It appeared to be more of a veal cutlet, seemed to have been tenderized, was tough and full of gristle, and was overcooked. I called the waiter and sent it back to the kitchen. The waiter offered to take another order but my guests were well into their meal and I had lost my appetite. I allowed others to taste and confirm my judgment. The other three meals were up to what I would expected but this visit to David's was for me a major disappointment.Special Features:
- Outstanding foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/13/2014My husband and I were on vacation and were recommended this restaurant by locals and by OpenTable reviews. We started with the seafood ravioli and it was so good! The chef sent a small sample of the tomato mozzarella with pesto salad. It was delicious and I wish I would have order the full size. I had the Chilean sea bass which was perfect- about two inches thick and super juicy. My husband had the ribeye which was also perfect. I typically do not eat ribeye but his was so tender and really great! Our service was pretty good, a little slow but it was fine. Definitely recommend and would go back if in the area again.Special Features:
- Top NotchGreg1Dined on 8/11/2014My wife and I dined at David's during our stay on Amelia Island. Everything about the restaurant was exquisite . The decor was simply beautiful, right down to the glasses and flatware. Food and wine menu had a wide array of selections. Service staff was friendly and knowledgable. We dined on a Monday night and the place was full, so make reservations. I would definitely return again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great RestaurantKevinVIPDined on 8/9/2014I went there with my girlfriend for our 1-year anniversary while staying at the Ritz Carlton in Amelia Island. We were impressed with every aspect of the restaurant. The décor, plating of the food, portions and taste were impeccable.Special Features:
- Not worth the visitbillDined on 8/9/2014Overpriced with mediocre food. My friends salad was covered in a carameized onion glop. Inedible. My curry was bland with six grilled shrimp tossed on a cake of jasmine rice. The curry was nearly tasteless. Crab cakes OK. Expensive wine/martinis. Not a good value. It is a nice looking place and the service was attentive.Special Features:
- Must do in FernandinaKelmerDined on 8/9/2014Beautiful intimate decor is just the beginning of the David's experience. The service is impeccable, food and food presentation a wonderful feast for the senses. Crab cakes, wedge salad, filet oscar, without flaw. Lobster was slightly overcooked. Wine was delicious. It was pricey but oh so worth it! Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.