David's Restaurant & Lounge
802 Ash St
Amelia Island, FL 32034Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David's Restaurant & Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.ameliaislanddavids.com/
- Phone: (904) 310-6049
- Hours of Operation:
6 nights a week-closed Tuesday:
Bar opens at 5:00pm
Dining room opens at 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, Steakhouse, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Deborah Gold
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: The Private Wine Room at David’s is a luxurious setting for intimate gatherings up to 12 guests. You will be surrounded by rich mahogany and fine wines during your culinary experience. This is the perfect room to host an intimate rehearsal dinner, birthday or anniversary gathering. You will be swept away with the Old World ambience and professional service you will experience here at David’s.
The Banquet Room at David’s can accommodate up to 50 guests. It is the perfect place to host receptions, rehearsal dinners, business meetings or any evening private event. The room can be configured in many different ways in order to host your unique event just as you envision. We have created several banquet menus for you to choose from or we can tailor a custom menu to your specific needs. We are happy to help you with the details of planning your event and look forward to serving you and your guests. Contact our Manager to create the perfect event with no detail missed.
- Private Party Contact: Blane 9043106049x
Aaron Bing - Grammy Nominated Soprano Sax player - graces our stage on Friday & Saturday Nights at David's. Relax in the lounge and listen to his cool notes of original songs only at David's Restaurant & Lounge.
A word from David's Restaurant & Lounge
The ART of Dining! At David’s Restaurant we serve the finest seafood and meats available on Amelia Island. Our mouthwatering menu features a wide selections of delicious entrees such as Filet Oscar, Rack of Lamb, Grilled Prime Rib Eye, & Kansas City Strip Steak. On the Sea side Dover Sole, Truffle Scallops, Sea Bass & our Signature Dish: Mixed Grill Risotto. Our elegant presentation & experienced wait staff makes dining at David’s Restaurant a unique intimate dining experience. Attire: Sophisticated casual in the dining room, casual seating is available in the lounge. Our lounge is pleased to specialize in the finest wines, liquors and cocktails, as well as offering live music on the weekends.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
David's Restaurant & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Amelia Island ›
David's Restaurant & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
120 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.6Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)romantic (83)fit for foodies (61)notable wine list (45)neighborhood gem (42)good for groups (26)hot spot (11)vibrant bar scene (10)late-night find (8)great for outdoor dining (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- ExcellentRJHIMDined on 11/22/2014Food in this place is fabulous. We had Ceasar salad, filet, and snapper. All were prepared and cooked to perfection! We followed dinner up with cream brûlée and chocolate desert with Irish coffee. Atmosphere and service were great. Highly recommendSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/19/2014The chicken was under cooked. I don't think I have ever returned food to the kitchen but this was inedible. The recovery was good. Service was very good. Prices are too high for the quality of food. Wife's seafood dish was bland. Nice atmosphere.
- Sophisticated design, excellent cuisineStPeteBobDined on 11/16/2014This is a gem. My wife and I were looking for a classy restaurant for an anniversary dinner while staying at an Amelia Island resort. We found David's in some of the tourist brochures and looked it up online and booked a reservation. It did not disappoint. The decor is very upscale - you could drop this in the middle of Manhattan with no problem. The waiter was extremely courteous and knowledgeable. The menu had enough variety to please anyone's taste. Another note, we went on a Sunday evening, and many of the better restaurants in Fernandina Beach/Amelia are closed on Sundays. If we're back in the area in the future it will be a must visitSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David's DeliversOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/15/2014Was looking for a romantic spot for dinner for our Anniversary weekend on Amelia Island. Googled around and found David's. So very glad we did. Valet parking, great ambiance, cook hip interior with jazz in the bar, fine food and a cool wine list on an iPad. James was excellent server and overall a fine food and fun and romance experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fine but perhaps overratedmix579VIPDined on 11/14/2014We picked this because of great reviews and being in easy walking distance to our B&B. To be clear we had a nice evening and enjoyable dinner but it reminded us of many places back home in Boston: fine food but overpriced. Being seafood aficionados we picked two fish dishes. I have never had drum fish before and liked it very much. The salmon was, well, salmon, not more not less. Both came with risotto and a small amount of veggies as sides. The wine list featured a good selection but the prices for the wines by the glass were just exorbitant for what they were. Service was friendly but not overly attentive. In all, we enjoyed the food and wouldn't mind coming back but looking at a tab of $100 for two, with no appetizer or dessert, didn't make me see this as a good value proposition.I would recommend this to a friend.
- JosephDined on 11/8/2014Our server was newer. Our food did not come to the table all at once and I was embarrassed that as a man I was served first. I had ordered the Dover Sole which was good but another of my women friends had ordered the same dish. I sampled the ravioli seafood and it was great. I was happy with the bread in a pirate chest and the he herbed butter was fantastic. I enjoyed the ambience. The amuse bouche was wonderful. The chocolate strawberry was normal.Special Features:
- Pleasurable experiencedebsyDined on 11/8/2014We have just moved to the area from Virginia and couldn't have been happier. Our server, James was wonderful and very attentive. Very nice touch in the lounge with the saxophone player - Mr. Bing. Very talented. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner with the Tastbuds.OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/8/2014A New York restaurant in Fernandina!!! Great food well presented in an elegant setting. The rear dining room is noisy ,the bar is classy ,we will return.Special Features:
- A Perfect EveningwineywitchDined on 11/8/2014A special occasion requires a special celebration. David's is a great choice for that special Birthday, Anniversary, or Romantic Dinner. It's intimate seating, informed wait staff and varied menu selections contribute to an enjoyable evening. The evening does not have to end after desert - An unexpected pleasure awaits you in the bar on Saturday nights - Grammy nominated Aaron Bing, an incredible musician who plays Soprano Sax will entertain you with many of his wonderful songs while you sip an after dinner drink. Truly Memorable -Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David's across from Fred'sTrumpsandgatesDined on 11/5/2014What a cool spot great food in a cozy environment. We really got lucky while in town for a McDonald's convention.Special Features:
- AwesomeLouPDined on 11/5/2014Food and service was outstanding!! The Red Fish special was great and the Sole Fish was the best we ever had!!Special Features:
- INCREDIBLE SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2014My husband and I and close couple friends really enjoyed our evening at David's. It was our first time eating at David's and Patrick was our waiter. He was very knowledgeable, friendly, and a complete joy - he was there when we needed him and left us along to talk and enjoy our delicious meal. We will definitely return again when we are back in the area.
- GA/ FL football weekendBBBDGroupDined on 10/31/2014From the minute our group walked into the restaurant to the time we left, we very much enjoyed our dinner at David's! This was our second time dining at this restaurant. We wanted a great experience and the staff at David's provided it. Patrick was our main server and he took good care of us. He was confident, fun and very attentive. Our group enjoyed him! The entire staff really took care of us. The wine list was extensive. The sea bass, prime rib and nightly special ( tile fish) were excellent. We will definitely return next year! Our overall experience was outstanding.Special Features:
- fantasticcjd208Dined on 10/30/2014From start to finish the staff and food did not disappoint. The specials were great and the Brie was out of this world. We will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mediocre at bestJjjrDined on 10/30/2014Average average average ... High price tag for what you getI would recommend this to a friend.
- dinnerOlneyNeighborVIPDined on 10/30/2014we have eaten here many times, and enjoyed the meal. the crab bisque is outstanding. I had the special of the day TILE fish. just was not to my liking especially the cilantro on top. will stick with the menu items next time. Great Restaurant especially to entertain friends or clientsSpecial Features:
- Too loud. Will not return.2DinersDined on 10/27/2014We requested a quiet table on Open Table which was acknowledged by the host when we arrived at 7:30 on a Monday evening. We were seated in a booth along the wall of the open dining area. However, down the middle of the room were three large party tables which were all full 30 minutes after we arrived. At that point the noise level in the restaurant was so loud we could not talk across the table without shouting. The noise level escalated as the evening progressed to the point of being painful. To make matters worse, we noticed an unused function room near the main dining area. We recognize that restaurants won't turn away large parties, but please find a way to separate them from guests seeking an intimate dining experience.
- Perfect Anniversary GiftOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/27/2014We are very picky, my husband has no sense of smell or taste and I have stomach issues. He loves spicy fish or beef and ordered the surf and turf, I've never seen him so happy with a meal. David's has my favorite wine, the server suggested a few pairings before she hit on one my stomach will handle. The crab cakes and scallops were...YUMMY. David's food, wines, servers and decor are all perfect for a quite evening with your special someoneSpecial Features:
- David'sfoodieonthegoDined on 10/26/2014Wonderful menu that includes some great selections. Food was awesome and the service superb. Great evening and would highly recommend David's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful evening!KGB888Dined on 10/25/2014This was our first experience with David's and certainly will not be our last. Service was outstanding and the food was perfect. Very good for a special occasion.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cool place!KellyDined on 10/22/2014My husband and I had delicious meals of fresh sea bass and snapper. The sea bass portion was rather small, but very tasty. The interior decor is very cozy with throw pillows in each booth and stone walls, casting a nice ambiance.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambiancekaknlakDined on 10/20/2014This is a great place for a romantic dinner. The atmosphere was very classy without being stuffy. The food was very good and the service was excellent! We had the Monday surf and turf special and it was very good. My husband had the Caesar salad and said that it was disappointing and not worth the $10 price.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timeGarytDined on 10/18/2014Enjoyed restaurant. Had a 615 reservation. Service was enthusiastic and food excellent.Special Features:
- Best upscale restaurant on AmeliaOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/16/2014Superb in every way! Wonderful food, impeccable service. Great presentation. The chocolate covered strawberry was a delightful surprise.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lovely!SandyDined on 10/15/2014We went to David's for an anniversary dinner. The outside of the restaurant needs a little sprucing up. But once inside we were pleasantly surprised with our entire experience. The inside was beautifully decorated. The bar area looked busy with very comfortable seating. The dining area was nicely prepared for the dinner crowd. The wait staff was attentive without being overbearing. The small little surprises between courses brought smiles to our faces. The dinner was perfectly prepared and delicious. I would highly recommend this restaurant and already have.Special Features:
- a gem in Ferndanina BeachchipDined on 10/12/2014excellent. By far the finest restaurant in the area. a must place to dineSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A bit disappointedExpectTheBestDined on 10/11/2014Overall, the dining experience was terrific, however, I have just a couple of suggestions that would have dramatically improved the overall experience for us and our four guests. Attention to detail was certainly expected at this price, but we found it lacking in terms of (lack of) wheelchair accessibility and (lack of) birthday cake and candle, which had been requested well before hand. As long as you don't have any special needs or special requests, David's great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor menu selectionFinedinerDined on 10/4/2014This used to be one of our favorite restaurants. The menu has changed. Poor choises on all. No pork, one chicken. All steak and seafood. Our service was slow and the food only marginal. Too bad. Still love the bar entertainment.
- New favoriteGuttboyDined on 10/4/2014Friend had recommended David's quite a while ago - now I know why!! Great food, atmosphere & top notch attention to detail. My new favorite on Amelia.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceDaveDined on 10/4/2014We had dinner at David's a couple of nights ago and had a wonderful experience. It is on par with fine restaurants in NYC, San Francisco, and other cities known for great food. We ate at Salt at the Ritz Carlton the night before, and I would say David's was at least as good as Salt. Appetizers were beautifully prepared and delicious. I had the Filet Oscar, cooked to perfection. David's is classier than many restaurants on Amelia Island. Don't show up wearing your cut offs and flip flops... its a nice place and if you can't dress nicely and drink anything more sophisticated than Bud Light, this place is not for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExceptionalbobandjoyDined on 10/4/2014We visited Fernandina for a special occasion and… we made sure to dine at one of our favorite spots, David's! The experience did not disappoint. Patrick was an exceptional server.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Unexpected EleganceABTurtleDined on 10/3/2014Fernandina Beach now has a modern, elegant alternative. David's is an escape from the beach scene - and a wonderful retreat into a classic, elegantly modern setting with a delicious and appealing menu.Special Features:
- Superb Dining ExperiencebkmartellVIPDined on 9/28/2014We were so pleasantly surprised to visit David's. Never expected the decor we found inside. Absolutely beautiful. The chef prepared our food perfectly and the pallet cleansers between courses was exceptional. From the moment we arrived the staff were courteous and welcoming. Although we don't live on Amelia Island, we would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone. The bread presentation inside a treasure chest was a delightful touch.Special Features:
- As always great experience....MoogsDined on 9/27/2014We have been to David's numerous times - service is always good - the food - the best! The menu is diverse and they always have different specials that aren't always the same like some restaurants do. We have recommended it to many people. Keep up the good workSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/27/2014We dined at David's to celebrate my wife's birthday. We had done the same thing a year ago after moving from California just two weeks before. We enjoyed our meal even more than the first time. The food was very good (my wife's prime was tough, but the wait person immediately replaced it with a fillet which was excellent). My order was some of the best snapper I have had in a long time. The dessert worked. The music was very good, just right for the surrounding environment.Special Features:
- Great FoodGoodFoodCoupleDined on 9/26/2014Good was top notch along with service. A place we would definitely return toSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 1st TimeThomasDined on 9/24/2014First time at David's. was recommended by local business. wonderful - food was excellent as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- anniversary dinnereknlizDined on 9/24/2014My husband and I ate at David's for our anniversary, and had a great time. The food was wonderful I had the truffle scallops, and my husband had the Beef Wellington, both were prepared perfectly. Our server was James, he was very nice and knowledgeable about the food and libations. He makes a fantastic lemon drop martini! Dessert was the creme brulee which was light with a perfect crust. It is pricey so for us it will be special occasions only.Special Features:
- Special Anniversary DinnerFoodieDined on 9/22/2014We thoroughly enjoyed our evening at David's. Our waitress Laura was very attentive and helpful. Several "extras" were included throughout the meal; a delicious spoon of crab pesto, raspberry sorbet, and chocolate strawberries. We started with escargot-perfectly prepared. I had a dirty martini with tasty bleu cheese stuffed olives. Bread was served in a fancy wooden box, a nice touch. We both had the surf/turf special, a smaller 4 oz. Filet mignon and lobster tail. Both were cooked perfectly. Husband had scallops and they too were delicious. I overheard the table next to us order bananas foster with made to order beignets, I love beignets! They were filled with banana cream and did not disappoint. We will definitely return to David's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FernindinaBjjklDined on 9/19/2014Excellent, in many ways. The only disappointment was that it had no local fish.Special Features: