9555 Wedgewood Drive
Woodbury, MN 55125Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.prestwick.com/
- Phone: 6512943160x
- Hours of Operation:
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, American, Steakhouse
- Executive Chef: Steve Lacey
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, View, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Contact Kurt Stangler, at 651-294-3166 for all catering needs. We provide off site catering for events such as baby showers and graduations. Call Kurt today!
- Private Party Facilities: The grand ballroom that can be partitioned into three separate rooms. The Jeanne Room, is located downstairs, seats up to 90 people. The Jason Room (Card Room) is perfect for a bachelor party, a night of cards, or a small intimate party of 30. The Jason Room is the perfect setting for meetings. In the restaurant, the Fireplace Room, can accommodate 45 people for a private party, this allows you to experience the energy of the restaurant and still enjoy a private area to yourself.
- Private Party Contact: Kurt Stangler 6512943166x
- Entertainment: Live Music Saturday's, 6:30-9:30.
Join us for Andrew Spreck November 2nd, 23rd, and 30th
- Special Events: Wine Dinners, Oktoberfest, Breakfast with Santa, Easter Brunch, Mother's Day Brunch. Visit our website, www.prestwick.com for more information.
A word from David's Chophouse
The heart of a gracious clubhouse is a welcoming bar and restaurant where you can enjoy an excellent meal in beautiful surroundings, and entertain with confidence. David's always has an eye on golf, with a wall of windows that overlooks the 18th fairway...but after the sun goes down, the crackling fireplace becomes the focal point. Relax with one of our signature martinis or one of 15 beers on tap!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
David's Chophouse - Best Restaurants in Woodbury ›
David's Chophouse reviews from OpenTable diners
33 reviews since May 5, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
scenic view (17)neighborhood gem (15)special occasion (12)great for outdoor dining (11)fit for foodies (6)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)romantic (5)kid-friendly (3)great for brunch (3)notable wine list (1)vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- Great steaksHammaDined on 8/22/2014Both food and server were great, our server was very friendly. Our steaks were excellent and we will make sure to pass this onto our friends.I would recommend this to a friend.
- great birthday placeKennyDined on 8/15/2014A card on the table when we arrived. Great steaks. Maybe a little heavy on the sauces.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Consistently wonderful!SozofamDined on 8/2/2014This is our favorite place in Woodbury. It's a consistently good, pleasant dining experience all around. The staff is very friendly and accommodating, the menu has plenty of healthy choices.Special Features:
- Excellent2golfersandfoodiesDined on 8/1/2014Another excellent meal experience. Good and pleasant service. Nice white-linen atmosphere white-out being pretentious. Fine food with a range of choices including some interesting and truly unique ones. The new "Hole Hog" dish is unbelievably good despite the name. We've never had a bad experience at David's. Only problem: I enjoyed the event so much, I forgot to order my hors d'oeuvre, Scotch Eggs, at the end of dinner to take home for breakfast the next morning. Just have to go back to make up for my bad.Special Features:
- 44thAnniversary dinner with my kidsMaddogDined on 7/18/2014Great service and food, drinks were also great. Rib special was wonderful, lots of food. Prices were good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Visiting with longtime friendSecretaryDined on 7/1/2014I always enjoy eating here. The food is wonderful and the ambience allows you to linger and visit. Servers are very friendly and attentive to your needs.Special Features:
- New Menu? Fantastic serverSt2598Dined on 6/27/2014Server was fantastic. Always nice to get someone with kids who understands us who bring our kids in for dinner. New menu had a good chophouse selection but the seafood was OK. I had the Mahi last time and liked it. This time I opted for the Scallops and they were not what I expected from this place. They were medium sized and looked, tasted and felt overcooked (think day old microwave reheat look on things) and there was hardly a sear. I did enjoy the Jalapeno corn concoction in the middle. But! for 30 bucks the value wasn't there and I would not order that item again. I have had many of the other items on the menu and have always enjoyed them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MediocreOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/20/2014Food was bland, too much starch on plates not enough vegetables. Service cheery but inconsistent. Brought dinners out before we were done with salad. "Specialty" popovers luke warm and a bit soggy. Have been here several times before....a bit disappointed.
- Great placeSWidenVIPDined on 6/16/2014Everything was very good, we will come back for sure.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a wonderful time!NitaDined on 6/11/2014Loved using the OpenTable reservation system! They had my requests ready when I got there and took such great care of us! Food was great and the service very friendly and accomodating. We had a table overlooking the golf course, and it was a gorgeous evening. Perfect pick for the evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sorry I picked this placeSGMIronMikeDined on 6/6/2014The facility was very nice. The bartenders were very friendly. The view of the golf course was very nice. The service and food in the restaurant was poor. The youngster who took our orders was very inexperienced and seemed entitled. He is most likely a child of one of the members of the golf club. There were four of us dining. Three of the meals were very bland with little or no effort put into making the food taste good. One of the meals was a salad. The steak I ordered came well done. I had ordered the steak medium. The seasoning was very salty. When I told the server no effort was made to make it right. For $170.00 for four meals I should have gone to a well know restaurant. I will not recommend this restaurant to anyone.Special Features:
- Lacks vitalityRHO2Dined on 6/3/2014Make the dining room more 'golf friendly'. More special priced menu items and drinks too pricey.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent FoodJulieVIPDined on 5/24/2014We have gone to this restaurant twice since we moved to MN..Terrific pop-overs. The steak is extremely tender and lean and they will cook vegetables according to your preferences (lots of butter or steamed). They give a heavy pour on the wine, not like other restaurants in same price range (so one glass of wine will last through appetizers and dinner). All in all, a great find on a golf course.Special Features:
- This place used to be good until...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/24/2014They changed their menu. First they got rid of the french onion soup that was amazing now they no longer have prime rib. I tried the steak and had to wipe off the glaze to eat it. Worst steak I have ever had, yuck!Special Features:
- Worst Service EverOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/23/2014Our first tip off should have been the terribly rude host. Once seated, we sat outside for the better part of 20 minutes with no one dropping by - no water was offered. People that had been seated longer than we had were complaining that they had yet to be served. We decided to take our business elsewhere that evening. We will never be back and won't hesitate to tell others of our experience.
- Food good but service lousyKathyDined on 5/21/2014We had a beautiful view of the golf course. I had the walleye with wild rice which was delicious. Service left something to be desired. The waitress disappeared several times and never asked us how our food was tasting. She put my wine on my dining companion's bill. We had to ask for water refills. She never returned after she gave us our bills. Another waitress came by and collected them. The dish I had was the best of the table. The other diners I was with complained that there food was not great. The popovers are fabulous though!Special Features:
- Pay for food you don't get?lunchDined on 5/18/2014We were looking for a nice, local place to enjoy good food and be outdoors. It was quiet on the patio with just a few tables of people for lunch, and just a few guys inside at the bar. The service was slow but it was a sunny spring day and we watched golfers sipping our water. They finally brought our beers and took our order. The menu said entrees come with popovers. Entress delivered with no popovers so we asked about them. Did not bring or offer bread. They were baking popovers for us fresh. Ate the meal--Then they said they burned the popovers and would have to start over again. By then we were finished with the meal. Got the check--full price entrees. Will never go back.Special Features:
- Poor hostess and server.DancoDined on 5/10/2014Not enough space to explain my complaints. In short, the hostess didn't honor diner request on the reservation, and server was not familiar with the liquor or dinner menu.Special Features:
- Always a great mealanstormDined on 5/10/2014My family and I love this place, went for Mother's Day eve dinner. Lots of large groups with kids, but all well behaved, this isn't Applebees! I had the Mahi Mahi with gnocchi, always delicious. My husband tried the rabbit ragout, which was a standout. Dad had the asparagus and prosciutto risotto. I wouldn't recommend that one, not much asparagus, very little prosciutto, bland rice. Mom had the petite filet, was cooked to perfection! Had the turtle cheesecake and turtle brownie. Cheesecake was great, brownie was very very hard on one side, could tell it was microwaved. Dirty martini from the best bartender in Woodbury, always the best drink in town. All in all a solid place for a dinner after work or special occasion.Special Features:
- The following 331 reviews are from the David's Chophouse reviews archive.
- Enjoyable dinner on a FridaySusanDined on 4/25/2014We have been to David's before. It's part of a golf club but certainly is welcoming to all. Great service. My Martini is always perfect and they now have a larger craft beer selection which satisfied my husband with new options. Manager walks the dining room and chats with customers with questions or concerns. Quick service. We tried both night's specials. They were nicely presented and very tasty.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Used to be neighborhood gemwedgewoodnieghborVIPDined on 4/23/2014What happened to our neighborhood gem. Menu changed deleting many favorites, limited appetizer menu and happy hour, and wines became cheap and not good! Took away included salad for decrease price! Really, didn't notice cheaper price . Need to add to menu and but wine that tastes the price charged!Special Features:
- Needs lots of helpLocalDinerDined on 4/22/2014Atmosphere and service where really good. The best part of the meal was the beer list and the dressing for the salad. Now for the food. The popovers were over baked and dry, tasted slightly burned. Seared peanut chicken satays: undercooked/raw and rubbery, no peanut flavor. Bangers and mashed: bangers poor flavor, you can find better at Cub Foods. Shrimp cappelini: just ok, I think Olive Garden would do better. I saw other appetizers in the bar that did look ok. I haven't been here since it was Axel's, not sure if I'm willing to come back.
- Superb!SozofamDined on 4/8/2014David's was everything we wanted for a celebratory dinner out for two! It was quiet and the food, from apps to dessert, was outstanding. The server was welcoming, friendly and accommodating; we were not rushed at all when we sat and visited with multiple coffees after dinner. We enjoyed the scotch eggs and firecracker shrimp, the Grilled Mahi Mahi and seared Ahi tuna, champagne and carrot cake, and great coffee. The cost was amazingly reasonable.Special Features:
- David's (formerly Axel's Prestwick)BillDined on 3/19/2014David's (formerly Axel's Prestwick) continues to shine as a neighborhood gem in Woodbury at the Prestwick GC. The food and service were great, and we had ample time to converse and engage with our group dinner party. Great appetizers, main course, and of course the hallmark popovers which cannot be denied!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very good food and service.BusinessDined on 3/19/2014Very good food and service. The upgraded menu offers a lot of variety.Special Features:
- David's used to be a greatwedgewoodnieghborVIPDined on 3/14/2014David's used to be a great little neighborhood gem. Loved going there especially during summer when patio open. Menu has gotten very small, many favorites removed, no specials at night, appetizers list in minuscule. Food was marginal, chicken on ceaser salad was like rubber and my pork was sent back twice, very under cooked! Very disappointing as this used to be a go to place for us. Need to step it up quickly!Special Features:
- Wonderful attentive serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 2/25/2014Wonderful attentive service and the food is excellent.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food going downhillLikes2eatDined on 2/22/2014My wife and I went to David's last July and had a very nice meal. When we came back in February the food was not nearly as good. It seemed like mediocre banquet food from a hotel wedding. All 6 of us were unimpressed with our dinner.
- Special Early V-DayTryEverythingDined on 2/13/2014My boyfriend just got back from a mission and I wanted to make V-Day all about him. I made online reservations and requested some special touches. Right when we came into the restaurant we were greeted with smiles, and was told they were getting my requests ready. We had a table right in front of the fireplace and a bottle of champagne ready for us. I highly recommend the cheese and pâté platter as an appetizer. We ordered the Salmon and Mahi Mahi dishes. They were very accommodating by changing up the side of mixed vegetables to ones I enjoy. Salmon had a delicious glazed sauce over it very flavorful, and the Mahi was cooked to perfection! Will definitely come again and recommend this place to others. Thank you again for a perfect evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fireside Dining but Menu MishapLynnetteDined on 2/8/2014David's Chophouse is very close to our home, which is wonderful! We could walk there once the temperature raise in May or so. :-) We were seated near the fireplace, which was lovely. We enjoyed our popovers, and our food was tastefully prepared, wonderfully presented. All in all, a great experience. But my date ordered a porterhouse steak... and was presented a pork chop! Other than that, it was a great restaurant--and we'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service was great,music wasmelfieDined on 2/8/2014service was great,music was good(guitar player), but a little loud for our conversation.Special Features:
- Beautiful, warm ambienceCariAnn1Dined on 2/7/2014Fabulous place to catch dinner with friends, great menu and the decor is lovely! The bar is equally fabulous and you can actually hear your conversation!Special Features:
- A great night with friendsMiiguyDined on 1/31/2014We enjoyed a wonderful night together with dear friends. Able to have good audible conversation and treated to a very good meal. I had the filet medallion and it was done to perfection and I was very satisfied. The service was very good as well and thanks to Shawn for being very attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What Happened to the Menu?WoodburyDinerVIPDined on 1/31/2014Wings: Excellent, crispy, seasoned perfectly Chicken Satay: tasted very processed and dipping sauce tasted as though it was in a jar until brought to the table Salads: Entree steak salad utilized steak that was cooked in an unidentifiable sauce that was mot mentioned in the menu description. The steak arrived well done despite being ordered at medium rare. The salad contained an over-abundance of pepperoncini's that overwhelmed the flavor of the dish, to the point where all one could taste was the brine from the peppers. Kids Menu: The choices are frankly better at national chain restaurants. The side of fruit clearly apprears to have come from a can and the mac & cheese is processed. Service: ExcellentSpecial Features:
- We have gone ther a numberSecretaryDined on 1/29/2014We have gone ther a number of times and have always had very friendly service and the food is excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The BestUwillenjoyDined on 1/11/2014Great location, excellent staff, fantastic service, super food, what more is there to say.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Birthday greetingsPattiDined on 1/11/2014We had a great time, from the time we walked in the door my husband was greeting with "Happy Birthdays". It was fun for him and very surprising too. Our meals were wonderful as was the service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great new Year's Eve dinnerdinerDined on 12/31/2013We had 8:00 reservations on New Year's Eve. My husband and I were acompanied by our foster son who has autism. Our server Beth (might be Bev) was so gracious and treated him with the utmost dignity and respect. The chef came out and personally apologized for accidentally adding a sauce that was to be on the side. He patiently waited for him to taste it and gave him the option of sending it back. The little extra touches made the evening really special for him and us as well. I highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Favorite for a cozy New Year dineEnterpasDined on 12/31/2013Many a New Year dinner has been enjoyed at David's. The atmosphere at this cozy place is just right, clubby, warm and inviting. The servers are always fficient without hovering. The food preparation, however has diminished in quality since last we were here.I would recommend this to a friend.
- $25/$30 plate & pay more 4sidesaladMissmayDined on 12/31/2013I think if you are paying that much for your dinner, a side salad should be included. The food is good but I ordered the walleye for $25 and then added a side salad $4, not worth $29 total. We ordered dessert and it stated warm brownie with ice cream...the brownie was cold. We do like this restaurant but they could make a few changes.Special Features: