David Burke Townhouse
133 East 61st St.
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
AmericanPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Townhouse
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davidburketownhouse.com/
- Phone: 2128132121x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:45am - 4:00pm Brunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 4:00pm; Sunday: 10:30am - 4:00pm Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm -10:00pm, Friday & Saturday 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 4:30pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Fireplace, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: We have an additional vegetarian menu.
- Special Events: Group dining is available at multiple price levels in semi-private spaces for groups of 20-200. All menus can be modified to meet your particular needs. We cater to both social and corporate events. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Cross Street: Park and Lexington
- Public Transit: Subway: 4,5,6,N,R trains to 59th and Lexington. F train to 63rd and Lexington.
- Parking: Public Lot
- Parking Details: There are two nearby garages. One is located on 61st street between Lexington and 3rd Avenues and the other is located on 61st street between Park and Madison Avenues (we are between Lexington and Park Avenues).
A word from David Burke Townhouse
David Burke Townhouse is the masterpiece of Award-winning Executive Chef David Burke, whose reputation for wildly creative takes on American ingredients is unsurpassed. Since 2003, David Burke has been serving provocative Modern American Cuisine in an elegantly refurbished Upper East Side space. The restaurant's design is inspired by the bold colors and lacquered surfaces on the 1930's, yet it has decidedly contemporary aesthetic. Upon entering David Burke Townhouse, guests will feel the glamour and sense of fun in the lounge with its sleek white gloss, stone bar and whimsical art installations. The volume of color and drama is turned up for the main event, the dining room, where a striking color palette of chocolate, vanilla and lipstick colors prevails.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Townhouse reviews from OpenTable diners
- Impatient for restaurant to Re-openProfessorVIPDined on 3/21/2014We have been waiting several months for David Burke Townhouse to complete construction on changing its interior. Our most recent reservation on 21st March could not happen because the construction continues and the restaurant had to cancel our reservation. I am a bit surprised to be receiving this "Review" request, but as I have great respect for the chef as well as their flagship restaurant location, I am glad to oblige with optimism that when they finally do re-open ... currently predicted as middle April ... it will be a great pleasure once again to participate as a guest. Thank you Mr Burke for bringing such a high quality level of food to our neighborhood.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place for BrunchKarrieDined on 3/9/2014Choosing the David Burke Townhouse for brunch was an amazing idea. While the main location was closed for renovations, we had our meal at Fishtail by David Burke Townhouse and were very pleased. The Lobster Benedict is to die for. Service was very friendly and the decor is simply amazing. Would definitely go back and recommend to all others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Had a reservation and invitedClosedrestaurantVIPDined on 3/8/2014Had a reservation and invited a guest. How embarrassing restaurant was still closed for renovations. Very disappointed!!!!! Had to scramble to find somewhere else on a saturday night.Special Features:
- Food was great, but we haddiner1VIPDined on 1/18/2014Food was great, but we had to wait well over an hour for our table upstairs, despite having a reservation.Special Features:
- Too expensive for the price, PortioJackDined on 1/18/2014Too expensive for the price, Portions also small considering Pleasant service Nice room
- Sunday Deal!MeganVIPDined on 1/5/2014You have to go here on Sunday as its the best deal you will ever find. An appetizer, entree and a dessert all for $35! Every Sunday! And the food is absolutely amazing. The coolest part is the plating. It's super unique and super fun. The plate that was pretty boring though was the steak, so I'd say skip that and go for the other dishes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not for foodies or localshipchic2VIPDined on 1/4/2014This restaurant catered to out of towners the night we had dinner. The lobster "steak" tasted fishy and not in a good way. We sat sandwiched between 2 other tables in a crowded restaurant that was not cozy in a good way. I would not recommend this restaurant except for the drunken doughnuts for dessert.
- Excellent food as always.merryVIPDined on 1/4/2014Excellent food as always. Would have been nice to have some reduced drinks to go with brunch menu!!Special Features:
- Time of the year?AwfulVIPDined on 12/30/2013I've had several great meals here but this was poor. Food was fine but service abysmal. Not sure if the waitstaff was undermanned (didn't look like it). 25 minutes date being seated we hadn't been asked if we wanted drinks. I held the wine list for a half hour before someone deigned to ask what wine we might want. Food was great but then after all this we felt rushed out at the end of the night. (Since front end service was so poor and slow we were last ones in the restaurant (but it was only 10 pm which was very odd)
- Lobster Soup=Super Yum!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/28/2013Service and food was really great. Lobster soup was amazing. It was a cross between a thai coconut soup and a lobster bisque. Remarkable flavor, great plating and very creative. The lobster steak was not so great. I tasted more crab than lobster. My wife's cavatelli with short ribs was extraordinary as was the chicken and dumplings and the duck dish. The only thing troubling was that they had an air conditioner on in the middle of the winter. Even when they said it was turned off it was still cold. Weird. Nevertheless, the service was extraordinary and the food very well prepared. This was our first David Burke dining experience and we can't wait for our next one.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a wonderful restaurant.OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/27/2013What a wonderful restaurant. Beautiful setting, amazing food, exceptional service made it an great evening. Can't wait to have dinner there again!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful details in presentationOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/26/2013The butter arrived on a pink salt brick beautifully presented The food was not only outstanding but a work of art on the plate The experience was really one to rememberSpecial Features:
- Enjoyable & felt well looked afterOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/25/2013Went for Christmas dinner on 25th of December, intimate restaurant with set menu with options cost $89 per person. Wine list very expensive but decent options by the glass! Food was great.....hearty menu that filled us well! Fab touch was that they had a limousine parked out front for guests to hop in to have a cigarette or cigar instead of standing out in the cold! Would recommend to others!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the BEST!diniVIPDined on 12/25/2013David Burke's Townhouse definitely lives up to its reputation, from the superb service to the sublime food, exquisitely prepared. The signature lobster steak is as close to heaven as you can get here on earth!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Spend an arm and a leg toSimmeringVIPDined on 12/25/2013Spend an arm and a leg to sit in someone's lap. The table could not be closer together.
- Great presentation. GreatFREDVIPDined on 12/25/2013Great presentation. Great service. The food doesn't match the decor. Turbot and lobster were bland.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Christmas In New YorkLuxuryDinerDined on 12/24/2013First, they should be complemented for being open on Christmas Eve. David Burke himself was there. We each had different meals off their menu. All were delicious. I had the "Pot Pie" which was a savory delight. The service was perfect. The Townhouse is always a great place to eat.Special Features:
- TownhouseFromawayVIPDined on 12/24/2013This can be a wonderful dining experience. The food is exceptional, the service attentive and accommodating, and the whimsical decor is delightful. BUT, do not be seated in the middle ground between the bar and the main dining room. It's not that the food and service are not just as good. It is that the atmosphere is of a service area for serving, traffic pattern into the dining room, and the doggy bag patrons. This atmosphere just degrades the whole experience. The bar area is great and the dining room perfect. Too bad about the middle hallway.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- It's just excellent.SteviebooVIPDined on 12/22/2013I am never disappointed at David Burke's Townhouse. The dishes are always delectable, the atmosphere is pleasant and they never rush you to turn over the table. It's a treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The food great but the serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/22/2013The food great but the service bad. We saw our dishes ready on a desk where the waiters should pick them up to serve us and took many time waiting to be picked up so our food was coldSpecial Features:
- Service not greatAmbitiousDined on 12/22/2013Service was slow and very inattentive. Salmon pastrami excellent, quiche was dry. Scotch egg was very good.Special Features:
- Terrible experience.OpenTable Diner Since 2008VIPDined on 12/21/2013We sat at table sandwiched too closely between two others. We waited about ten minutes. We flagged a bus boy for menus. Menus came soon but not too soon after. The appetizers were good. The entrees were not. My steak was a fine ribeye. But my dining partner's "lobster steak" -- pieces of lobster shaped into steak which I think was then grilled? Or ruined? -- was dry and overcooked. So we shared my steak steak. Do not order the "lobster steak." It is made of lobster and shaped like steak but it is an insult to both foods. We then noticed that other tables (like the ones on top of us) were receiving small plates between courses. We did not receive these. We did not enjoy dining at this establishment. But at least it was expensive.
- Excellent, butOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/21/2013This is one beautiful restaurant, with great food, fun atmosphere and attentive service. A little cramped at times but it adds to the warm and fun of the place. Only reservation--while i admit we a group of 4 were lingering longer than norm, we did fell a little the bums rush at the end. Not wholly unfair, just unexpected, but even this was done with good cheer and and high class style.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- good to greatdarizDined on 12/21/2013Maybe slightly over priced compared to other top rated places in the city. Definitely one of the best on the UES though. Deserves the 25 zagat food rating, no higherSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Menu PleaseAudteyLVIPDined on 12/21/2013Went for brunch with a reservation. Seated on time. More than 20 minutes later .....no menu....waiter asked if we wanted the check. No but a menu would be appreciated. Another 10 minutes then menu came. We asked if he could take our drink order...Sure.....After 5 minutes a gentleman came and asked if we were ready to order drinks.....and so it went.We did order eventually and the food came out at a very slow pace. Luckily we were in no hurry and had lots to say to each other. Place was dressed up for the holidays, there were a good amount of patrons, but not full by any means. Food was good. Drinks were so so. Service severely lacking. Was sad to write this review. They used to be so much better.....Special Features:
- Bonus that David Burke was thereMarkVIPDined on 12/21/2013Good to know he eats his own food ;-). Amazing food and service. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Elegant evening outtoughcriticVIPDined on 12/20/2013Elegant ambience, some excellent food, some creative touches. A wonderful place.Special Features:
- Great food, excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/20/2013Great food, excellent service , and the ambience was perfect for Christmas.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Cozy Holiday LunchSuZQDined on 12/20/2013We arrived late & I misplaced the phone number to the restaurant so couldn't let them know; they gave away our table but offered us a quiet booth across from the bar. I was disappointed I didn't get to see the dining room but we honestly really enjoyed cozying up to one another at this table. The wine selection was good, we ordered a tasty bottle of Pinot Noir. For main courses we ordered the Veal Saltimbocca and Gin Spiced Salmon which were both delicious! For dessert he enjoyed the Chocolate Tort and I was able to sample both the Carrot Cake and Cheesecake Lollipop Tree as they were out of the Warm Apple Tarte. The service was a bit slow as the lunch progressed but all in all a good experience and will go again if the opportunity arises.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JollyEileenalannaDined on 12/20/2013We were looking for someplace special for our holiday lunch and this was perfect. Food was beautifully presented and delish. We opted for the price fixe, so it was extremely reasonable. Tables are close together and there isn't an inch to spare. Chef David Burke was visible and greeting patrons - which was like a visit from Santa for the foodies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Noise levelJudyDVIPDined on 12/19/2013I have given outstanding review for all things, but the unbearable noise level! I have been there before and it's been OK, but stay away at holiday time. No inside voices here! IMPOSSIBLE to have a conversation. We stopped trying and experienced one of the best dishes ever...Lobster steak. Don't miss it, but go another time of year.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a special treat and3togomusselsDined on 12/19/2013Always a special treat and the staff are very friendly. Never had a disappointing meal or experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WonderfulNJVisitorDined on 12/18/2013Went to lunch with a friend for her birthday, got the price fixe lunch, everything was perfect. The food was incredible, not sure another restaurant will compare.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CHRISTMAS AT THE TOWNHOUSEandiDined on 12/17/2013We met friends here and had a wonderful dinner, though the menu is a bit short. It was decorated fabulously for Christmas and I liked that a lot. We sat at the bar briefly as we waited for our guests. We no sooner sat down than we struck up a conversation with another bar sitter- it was nice. The crowd was a bit noisy early on but got quieter later. It was a good night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved the way the restauranthilaroo1Dined on 12/15/2013Loved the way the restaurant was decorated for Christmas. Very festive. The food was great we were a party of three and everyone loved there food. The atmosphere puts you in a very upbeat mood Definetly go there againSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedad252VIPDined on 12/15/2013We had a 10:30 AM reservation and only one other table seated when we arrived. We sat for at least 15 minutes before our waiter came over. He was flustered & unavailable for the entire meal. No one ever came to offer us coffee, I had to flag down a busboy. This continued for our entire meal; need anything, flag down a busboy. The lack of attention was startling considering the restaurant's image/reputation & the empty dining room. In addition I should note that we waited on the host to seat us much longer than we should have & were given a less than desireable table in an empty room. We never felt welcome. I hope it was just a case of being way off their usual game - it happens to all of us.
- WE HAVE BEEN TO THE TOWNHOUSEOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/14/2013WE HAVE BEEN TO THE TOWNHOUSE SEVERAL TIMES; THE CONSISTANCY OF SERVICE AND FOOD IS OVERWHELMING. FROM THE MOMENT YOU WALK IN THE DOOR YOU CAN EXPECT TO HAVE DINING EXPERIENCE LIKE NO OTHER.Special Features:
- Fantastic flavors. Surprising,kronyVIPDined on 12/14/2013Fantastic flavors. Surprising, expensive but worth it.Special Features:
- The environment and food wereOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 12/13/2013The environment and food were both wonderful, but the service was quite poor. It took an hour to get our table (8:30 pm reservation / we sat at 9:30 pm)...the waiter did not bring our dessert and forgot we even ordered it from him...and champagne sent by friends was never delivered. Though the food was delicious, considering the cost, I would not recommend this restaurant to others.
- Always A Perfect EveningJZNYCVIPDined on 12/13/2013This is my favorite restaurant. I am always impressed by how every detail is consistently perfect. The quality, taste and presentation are second to none and every time a dish is put in front of you you can't help but smile. My husband had the venison, which was a seasonal special, and said it was the best he'd ever had. The pastrami smoked salmon appetizer melts in your mouth. Everything was superb from beginning to end. But perhaps what I love best is the whimsical ambiance of the restaurant. The decor and furnishings make you feel like Alice in Wonderland and the staff is attentive and perfectly efficient without hovering. They are there when you need them and invisible when you don't. I can't say enough about this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.