David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
39 Norwich Westerly Rd
Ledyard, CT 06338Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://davidburkeprime.com/
- Phone: (860) 312-8753
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated for parties large or small. Contact email@example.com to learn more!
A word from David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
166 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (109)fit for foodies (85)notable wine list (67)romantic (55)good for groups (50)hot spot (38)vibrant bar scene (24)great for lunch (11)late-night find (9)neighborhood gem (7)great for brunch (4)scenic view (2)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- great food/service, but careful where ur seatedMassTravelerDined on 11/23/2014If they seat you in the back near the kitchen order/pick up station, do what we should have done and ask to move. We ended up listening to the kitchen staff and waiters call out orders to each other the entire meal. The meal itself was great and our steaks were melt in the mouth good.I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentTiffanyDined on 11/22/2014Fourth time coming down from Maine to eat here, we travel frequently and this is my husband's favorite restaurant in the U.S. Food is delicious, must try the bacon appetizer, and we have never had bad service. Definite must try!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice mealMillersVIPDined on 11/19/2014Pretzel crusted crabcake??? Yes and Yes. Absolutely delicious. 65 day aged Ribeye was good, but I hate when they slice the steak for you. Oscar presentation was good except for they mince your asparagus up to tiny baby food sized pieces. French fries for 10 dollars were soggy and gross, and the east coast oysters as advertised were 100% Kumamoto west coast oysters - sneaky sneaky...I would recommend this to a friend.
- Overpriced.OpensDined on 11/15/2014The service was excellent, however the food was not. For a steak house the steaks were marginal, at best. This is an enormous restaurant, and quite noisy. Unfortunately, Prime is off our list of dining options the next time we return to Foxwoods.
- Great Steak (a bit salty for me)KarenSDined on 11/11/2014I've been to many high-end steakhouses and this was the best bang-for-buck with a prix fixe (ap, dinner, dessert) for under $50. I had the french onion soup (one of the best I've ever had), the 8oz filet (which was probably the best filet I've ever had except Abe&Louie's in Boston- knocked a notch as just a little too salty for me), and a gigantic slice of carrot cake. In addition (not part of prix fixe) we also got brussel sprouts (amazing), mashed potatoes & mac&cheese (neither exceptional) for the table. Ended night with a cappuchino and the complementary and very yummy signature cotton candy. All in all a great meal and everyone had a lovely time - we were all stuffed to the gils and ready to gamble by the end. Oh! and yummy popovers!Special Features:
- A Nice MealDavid22HDined on 11/9/2014We had a nice meal. It was our anniversary and were going to see a show after dinner at 7, so we had a 5:15 resy. Staff was responsive and pleasant. Group serving style, so no one person served us. So that was a little stiff. Food was very nice and the timing was great. Price was higher then anticipated. I figured, based on the website the end result it would be about $150. We only had a drink each and only 1 glass of wine. For two people it was $250 dinner. Wine list was extensive but very expensive. All in all we had a nice time, but NYC prices in rural CT.Special Features:
- New York feel inside a CT casinoFoodieatheartDined on 11/8/2014I took my boyfriend here for his birthday over the weekend. The restaurant is beautiful and the ambiance was great. The food was outstanding down to the whimsical cotton candy at the end of our meal. However, the service left a lot to be desired. A lot of waiting and not a lot of follow up. The food and atmosphere were enough to overlook the service for us and we would go back. However, it might not be enough for others.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- PamellieDined on 11/3/2014The whole experience was outstanding! The food and service were excellent. They didn't rush us which we enjoy.Special Features:
- ServiceKimbDined on 11/3/2014I am severely allergic to spices. I had informed the waiter of this and my food was presented to me with herbs. This could be fatal and I didn't feel like my allergy was taken seriously.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of the best steakhousesMikeyBonesDined on 11/1/2014We are complainers... There was nothing to complain about. Food was too notch, service was top notch, ambience was fitting of a steakhouse, staff was very pleasant. Be prepared to pay for what u get, menu is very pricy. 200-300 for 2 drinks and dinner. Might be able to walk out 150 no drinks or apps.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steak Was DisappointingFoodLover32VIPDined on 11/1/2014This restaurant is too big and seems to operate like a factory. The service was very good, the seafood tower was tasty and generous for the price. The meat, however, was bland and not at all tender for the cut.....we had the bone-in ribeye for two, cooked medium rare. For the $116 that we paid, we were surprised and disappointed. This place did not measure up at all to most of the good steak restaurants that we've been to across the country. This was our first visit, so the mystery was solved and we won't return.Special Features:
- Casino DiningDiningarbiterVIPDined on 11/1/2014The place is huge and some of the tables in the front are in full view of everyone walking by- so ask for a table in the back as I always find it distracting to have allot of people walking by during a meal. Sometimes dining at restaurants at a casino makes you feel like your just feeding the slot machines with no hope of winning. This is not the case here. Our wait staff was superb,the specials out of this world- My date had the Lazy butter poached lobster, filet Mignon and braised short rib risotto special - OUTSTANDING>- and by the number of them we saw leaving the kitchen it was a popular item. One negative if you can call it that- the Italian Ricotta Donuts should be called Zeppoles as that is what they truly are.Special Features:
- Great foodDeliciousDined on 11/1/2014Food was excellent and so was the service. The prices were on the high end so be prepared to spend about $100 a person if you're drinking wine.Special Features:
- DeliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/27/2014This was my first time. The best steaks around. I will be back soon.!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Special TreatfamilylovesmaggianosDined on 10/25/2014This was our first visit and everything exceeded our expectations. From the person who greeted us, wait staff, and food it was an amazing experience that we will definitely repeat when we return.Special Features:
- SurprisedOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/25/2014I was referred by a friend, And it wasn't what I expected! I have visited, many 5 star restaurant's. I was seated very promptly, and sat patiently for quite a while. Before I was acknowledged, by a waiter or anyone! I actually had to interrupt an employee there, and ask for a waiter. She apologized and sent someone over. We placed our order , and in a timely manner the food arrived. I ordered the prime rib and my bake potato was dark.. So I ate just one side of it. I ordered a side of cream spinach, and I had to send it back! It was very grainy , not easy to chew... Best part of my meal was the warm pop over that was served, along with the sparkling water!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Dining ExperienceBossladyDined on 10/24/2014Such a good dining experience. The food and service was excellent. I was with a party of seven and we all gave rave reviews of the night.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 10/23/2014The best, especially their burger specials......we go on Thursday just before 4 (when the special ends) and then we make a night of it! You can go back for dessert after you "play"!! Go and enjoy the afternoon, evening, it's worth it.Special Features:
- Always Fantastic!!Gmonkey45Dined on 10/21/2014We love going every month! Never disappointed with the service or the specials.Special Features:
- not impressedmandaleepottleDined on 10/18/2014Went to celebrate my anniversary. Requested a booth and was seated in the middle at a regular table. Felt like we were in the way of people walking and and servers running around. So loud, I could barely hear my waiter or my boyfriend who was sitting right next to me. Had 3 different servers, was very chaotic. Boyfriend asked for a glass of wine,waited 10 minutes, another server came over and we asked again.Waited another 10 minutes. Both people returned with a glass of wine. No communication between staff.Did not feel welcomed or like staff was personable at all.Food was good, but waited a long time for that as well. the weekend is busy, but when you are leaving with a $200.00 bill I expect a little more. Will not return. Prefer bobby flaySpecial Features:
- disappointingbonogirl1015Dined on 10/18/2014for such a high-end restaurant we were surprised at the mediocre service. the servers were polite but i expected more at david burke. my husband ordered a $14 (approximately) chianti but was charged for a $35 glass of another red. My cousin ordered a glass of champagne but the server brought the highest price glass without giving her a choice (she hadn't looked at the wine menu yet and didn't know there was a choice), specials were read without prices (who wants to ask??), and when the entrees were served they were given to the wrong person, three times. there were two surf n turf ordered at two different temperatures & were given to the wrong person. a $75 entree should be delivered correctly.Special Features:
- Not as expectedTandKDined on 10/18/2014Service was excellent, no wait whatsoever...we were seated 10 mins before our reservation time. The 55 day dry aged ribeye was average at best and nowhere near as tender as expected. At least 1/2 the weight was fat and bone. It was fun to try this restaurant once, but for the price, I won't be back.
- have had much betterjaylVIPDined on 10/17/2014i guess it just did not live up to the hype, i asked our server to ask the chef of all the rib-eyes they had that night (six choices by how long they are dry aged)which one was marbled the most, because we all know even if it is prime they are not all the same. he said the 50 day dry aged ribeye was the one to get tonight, so i did, well folks it was not that marbled, and the black and blue prep was over, it was more like black and medium, and my wife had the short rib dish and it just did not make any since!! just a hunk of dry short rib sitting on top of some very nice pasta, but the pasta was under sauced kinda dry and no sauce of gravy for the short rib? the dish was just not well thought out, the sides fantastic, the Bacon FANTASTIC.
- Definitely the best in hotelLyndammrDined on 10/17/2014This is the best restaurant in Foxwoods. We dined here two evenings and were a total of 6 adults both times. We have tried different entrees as well as many appetizers and everything was very good to excellent. We enjoyed our first dining experience here so much that we went back for a second evening here. The lobster and steaks were very good and the seafood tower was amazing....the bacon was excellent and the cotton candy with the cheesecake lollipops were excellent. Service was on the slow side but we didn't mind as we hate to be rushed for dinner and getting cocktails was extremely slow.....this is the only area I see that needs improvement.
- Most Excellent!OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/14/2014I thought that this location was much better than the Chicago location - really!Special Features:
- Not so greatGingy1067Dined on 10/11/2014Service was very good. But the filet and the Kentucky ribeye we ordered were just ok. Nothing to brag about. I don't think it was worth the price we paid.Special Features:
- JUST OKBURKESDined on 10/10/2014WE WENT TO THIS RESTAURANT TO CELEBRATE OUR ANNIVERSARY. WE ASKED FOR A QUIET TABLE AND WE BEGAN TO ORDER. THIS IS NOT THE TYPICAL STEAK HOUSE, THE PORTIONS ARE NOT LIKE OTHER RESTAURANTS, THEY ARE SMALL AND EXPENSIVE. TEN DOLLARS FOR FRENCH FRIES, THIRTEEN FOR 4 SMALL CRAB CROUTONS, FIFTEEN FOR A SMALL CAESAR SALAD. WE SPENT THREE HUNDRED WITH TIP FOR 2. THE STEAK WAS THE BEST. i WILL NOT GO BACK BECAUSE THERE ARE BETTER PLACES. THIS RESTAURANT IS VERY OVER RATED AND THE SERVICE IS JUST OK. WE GOT VERY TIRED OF BEING ASKED WHAT WE WOULD LIKE TO ENJOY OR EXPERIENCE.Special Features:
- TiminghighdinnerDined on 10/10/2014We were happy with the service and food, but I must say I was very disappointed when our soup and appetizers all came to our table at the same time. By the time we finished our soup the appetizers were cold. I fill out a comment card that was given to us when we finished with my email address. I assumed that I would at least receive a comment from the restaurant but did not. I always feel if you are going to give a customer a comment card, be good enough to follow up on them.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- love this placeanniefDined on 10/9/2014this place is so cool not at all stuffy. great wine list great service. best steak everSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- clwOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/8/2014Service was excellent and the food was very good. We would highly rSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DonWDined on 10/7/2014The aged beef sirloin and prime rib were excellent, as were the accompanying fries and vegetables. The service was excellent through cocktails and salads, but slipped after that: (a) too long an interval, seemed like 30 minutes, between salads and entrees, (b) waitress was very nice and helpful at first but became occupied mid-meal with other tables. The quality of the wine list is quite good, but frankly over priced - i.e. only a handful of wines under $100 a bottle.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- not impressedmmmeltDined on 10/6/2014Not my first time here. Only went because Craftsteak was no longer an option and against my better judgement, I gave them another try. Celebrating my 40th birthday. I made the reservation and stated that. They kept saying happy birthday to my date and when they brought out the dessert, they placed in front of him. They turned a special night into a disappointment.Special Features:
- Anniversary TreatSuesViewDined on 10/5/2014We just celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary with a special dinner last Sunday night. We were seated at a great table and served by two outstanding servers. Although my husband did have to send back an overcooked steak (it happens) it was quickly replaced by a great one and the rest of the meal was fantastic. The special touches of an additional side dish and a beautiful dessert were so unexpected but so appreciated. The wine list was fantastic and the young man serving popovers completed a perfect dinner service. Thanks for a memorable celebration - we will return.Special Features:
- Above average steakOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 10/5/2014Great service,very good steak,take a pass on carrot cake( tasted store bought ).$$$$I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bring back the Crackling Pork ShankOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 10/4/2014we arrived at David Burke prime with a great anticipation for the most unusual surf and turf combination we have ever seen or tasted. The angry lobster and the Crackling Pork Shank. We were met by bitter disappointment when we learned the had removed the Crackling Pork Shank from the menu calling it a seasonal item. I was forced to try the Pork Chop and was less than thrilled and although the Angry Lobster is as goods as it gets the Crackling Pork Shank completes the meal so without it we left utterly empty. Please bring back this unique item and we'll come back every week for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food temp was lukewarmTrutherDined on 10/3/2014Good taste but served lukewarm. Fried green beans were oustanding.Special Features:
- The best of the best!idreamburkesDined on 10/1/2014We dine at David Burkes because the restaurant meets every expectation. The food and service is beyond compare to anywhere else in our area. When we want to treat people who are close to us with a special treat; it's David Burkes.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointesOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/30/2014The dry aged beef was not good quality. Also, my steak was dropped by waitperson on floor. My husband's dry aged steak was left in warmer until another steak could be cooked for me causing his steak to be overdone. Manager never even came over and apologized.
- Our favorite place for great food!WallyVIPDined on 9/29/2014Always a terrific meal for any occasion. Menu is outstanding and service is always the best. If you are in the neighborhood, you must try this place or miss out on some terrific food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Recommended with notesPintsizedDined on 9/28/2014Our visit was overall good. I made my reservation online and asked for a price of cake brought out after dinner for my boyfriends birthday which they did. The food was phenomenal however the prices are high and many menu items do not include any vegetables or starches (I ordered the filet minion and was surprised that it literally came on a bare plate). The service was great however our dinner for 4 took 2 hours and the restaurant was a bit noisy for a Sunday evening. Our chairs had awkwardly high backs as well however not all chairs had the high backs. I would definitely recommend this restaurant with those precautions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.