David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
39 Norwich Westerly Rd
Ledyard, CT 06338Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://davidburkeprime.com/
- Phone: 8603128753x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated for parties large or small. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
A word from David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
135 reviews since May 24, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (96)notable wine list (62)fit for foodies (61)romantic (46)good for groups (33)hot spot (21)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (9)late-night find (6)great for brunch (3)neighborhood gem (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- BMBPVIPDined on 9/19/2014Service definitely lacking. Popovers and cotton candy at the end are the highlights
- excellentRetiredCEODined on 9/16/2014Went there for a birthday celebration. Service was very good- attentive but not intrusive. And we did not feel rushed. Oysters, Caesar salad, dessert and cocktails were fresh and well prepared. Aged porterhouse was the best!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very good foodFlyers180usDined on 9/14/2014Ive been twice and both times excellent. I recommend the wedge salad for starters with the bacon strips on top. That is a meal in itself ( extra thick cut bacon amazing ) . Also the seafood tower is fabulous and should be shared by four.Special Features:
- DisappointedDrmarymacVIPDined on 9/12/2014Love steakhouses- frequent often, this was first time to a David Burke- expected more. Service lacking from the start- should have been an indication- waited 15 minutes for anyone to approach table. This is not typical of steakhouse and not acceptable at any restaurant. We ordered drinks which took another 10 min. When drinks arrived, ordered apps and entree. We usually wait on entree but the way things were going we thought it best to order all at once. We were there for 2 hrs and we didn't have dessert. The wedge salad was very good. Filet mignon undercooked and after sent back completely dried out- not edible. 55 day aged steak not worth the expense the steak was not even a steakhouse steak. Overall -not a good experience
- Excellent food!AnniversarydinnerDined on 9/9/2014We were seated right away with a table waiting for us. Two servers who seemed like they new exactly what we wanted and when. Anything not needed on the table was removed without hesitation, and the food is just incredible! Must try it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!Knpgrove08Dined on 9/7/2014My husband and I went here for our special honeymoon dinner! We had a fabulous time! Great food and drinks and excellent service! Love the cotton candy at the end! We plan to go back for our 1 year anniversary!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Husband's BirthdayspecialdayDined on 9/6/2014Very accommodating. Had reservation but still waited a little while. Overall server made sure we made it to our show on time. Dinner was perfect and would go back in a heartbeatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great nightCJABurrDined on 9/6/2014Reservations for 6:45, didn't get seated until 7:15. Highlight...my ice cold Martini. Table-side Caesar...wonderful. Dinner, my husband had the chicken. It was dry..but it is a steak house :) I had the petite filet WOW, melt in your mouth. Fabulous. We shared 3 sides at $25, rather steep, but who can just eat a piece of meat for dinner. All very good. Also had a glass of Caymus Cab ($37)..but well worth it, paired really well with my filet. We were going to see a show but since we were seated late, we didn't have time for dessert. Very disappointed. But when they bring you your check they serve up a helping of cotton candy. Very unique....enjoyed it. A very memorable dinner for a special occasion.Special Features:
- cwayDined on 9/4/2014Always Excellent! Great Service and Excellent Food! I always enjoy dining here and look forward to dining there again in the near future. You can always count on having an excellent meal never disappointed.Special Features:
- Best Steakhouse in CTCurtybyrdDined on 9/4/2014This experience was absolutely perfect. We had Brian/Aaron they were spot on with everything. Brians knowledge is incredible and it shows. The food was to die for from the crabcake and house special "iceberger", to the amazing breakfast for dinner surf and turf, all the way to our amazing desserts. Julian was spot on as well. I just handed him the list and told him a price. He couldnt have picked a more perfect wine. I had diners with me who dont even drink wine and it was to their liking as well. Overall amazing experience.Special Features:
- Felt rushedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/2/2014Felt rushed and they wanted us out..didn't get the anniversary dinner we wsntedSpecial Features:
- Went for Lobster nightnancyDined on 9/1/2014We both order the Kung Pao lobster from the lobster night $39 menu, the sauce was delicious, my only negative comment is that the body of the lobster was kind of a waste to be on the plate and took away from the other pieces of lobster. Popovers, chocolate dessert and crab cake appetizer was outstanding! I would highly recommend this placeSpecial Features:
- Perfect way to celebrate!PurgleDined on 9/1/2014We came to Foxwoods specifically for David Burke Prime restaurant. My birthday happened to be on a Monday, so I was happy to take advantage of the 3-course lobster dinner with lobster dumplings, kung pao lobster and the cheesecake lollipop tree! My husband got a T-bone steak which was a special, and we shared several sides. Including drinks, the bill was a little over $200, so it's not cheap. However, every time I've been here the food has been amazingly delicious, the service terrific, and it's perfect once in a while for a special occasion splurge! Each experience has been memorable and well worth it. :-)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MMMMM...LoveroffoodVIPDined on 8/30/2014David Burke Prime - 36oz 55days salt aged Bone In Ribeye - perfectly executed and melt in your mouth delicious. Crackling Pork Shank - looked appetizing, very well cooked and the sauce was fabulous. Even the Roasted Chicken was done very well.Special Features:
- DisappointingLJ2009Dined on 8/30/2014Second time here. Server "couldn't read own handwriting" and brought me a crabcake instead of the crab cocktail appetizer I ordered. The crab cocktail and the seviche appetizer were tasty. My lamb entree, ordered medium rare, arrived hammered-uniformly grey. It was re-fired and re-served rare-seriously rare. My husband's bone-in filet was also under the requested medium rare, but he was able to eat it, except for the part close to the bone. I was offered another entree, but by then my husband was done eating, and I was just "done". Manager apologized and removed the lamb from the bill, but it seemed like it was a common occurrence and she wasn't all that fazed. I was disappointed-and when the cotton candy sugar high wore off-hungry.Special Features:
- Two Servers, Double ConfusionMikeKDined on 8/30/2014I was happy to secure a 6:15 reservation so we had time to eat, and gamble a bit before the show. I was in a steak mood and really enjoy Michael Jordan's at Mohegan. So, I figured this would be on the same level. Unfortunately, I was wrong. It started by a 10 minute wait for the host to get back so that we could be seated. Then the double waiter explanation. The theory is good, execution was poor. We now had the same questions being asked twice and did end up with a wrong appetizer. I ordered the 60-day aged serloin (hey, it was my birthday) and three sides. My fiancé had the scalps. My steak was cooked ok, but was a little lacking in the flavor department. We tried all three sides, but did not care for any of them. Drinks were very good!Special Features:
- Great original foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 8/29/2014We ordered the pork shank which was the best pork dish I've ever had simply delicious and if you go to this restaurant you have to order the angry lobster.. We have been here numerous times and the service is usually spot on but tonight the service was just not there for an upscale expensive restaurant such as thisSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our 50th Wedding AnniversaryTheGoldenCoupleof64Dined on 8/29/2014We had a memorable dining experience to celebrate our special anniversary. We were offered complementary champagne to start. The menu offers many selections - something for everyone. We chose a chef's special of surf n' turf and it was delicious. Don't remember the last time we were served by such an attentive and polite waitstaff. Will visit this restaurant again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Too PriceyJoeGDined on 8/23/2014Not the place to eat on a Saturday night. A month ago we ate at Burke on a Sunday night and the food was prepared perfect. This time my piece of Filet Migon was undercooked and tough. Even though they reheated it the meat had a bad taste because all the juices were gone once you cut into it. Thus they should have given me a new piece since I had only eaten a small part. At $42 for only an ounce piece I expect top line service and food. On the Sunday when I had good food it was not as crowded. This should not be an excuse for a high end restaurant or any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I took my fiancé to foxwoods for a birthday weekend and the best part of the trip was eating at David Burke Prime. The food was incredible. I also appreciated the attentiveness to my food allergies (gluten and corn). The staff were on top of everything. We had impeccably cooked steaks and the side dishes were just unbelievable. We've already said that we'd make the trip back to foxwoods just so we can eat here again!Special Features:
- Excellent in every aspectMagasaurusrexDined on 8/23/2014This was my second visit to DB Prime. While it would be difficult to repeat the first experience due to the minimal availability of Kobe beef, which is cooked to perfection on a heated salt block at your table, this visit was another example of food and service excellence. I continue to have dreams about the maple glazed bacon and the desserts are a delight as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!!jkc685Dined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is a definite 5 star rating! The servers were very friendly, professional and attentive and knowledgeable. The lobster was succulent and cooked to perfection! I LOVED the idea of a popover as a bread substitute, that alone is an awesome idea! The crème brulee was so rich and creamy but not overly sweet. I wished I lived closer as I would dine there often! When we come back next year we will definitely get the steak and dine there twice during our week's stay.Special Features:
- All around great...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Very classy place with interesting appetizers and great steaks. Cocktails were tasty and dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top!NYCgourmandeDined on 8/16/2014David Burke Prime does the best of classic American steakhouses... with a twist! From hanging clotheslines of bacon, to "crab croutons" on my table-side caesar salad, to HUGE dry-aged steaks. Brian is an extremely professional server (and Josh a perfect compliment), there whenever our table needed anything before we had to ask. His wine recommendations were spot-on. What amazed me the most was their ability to deliver quality food - quickly. I, as one who is tired of drawn-out dining experiences, hugely appreciate the ability to have an amazing meal in under an hour (all in the interest of a quick return to the blackjack table!). Thank you, Prime, for being delicious and unpretentious and unparallelled in the Foxwoods Casino meal scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Going!MikeOVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always look at other restaurants at the Foxwoods complex and end up at David Burke because I know we will get terrific service and food! This is my 10th time or more attending and will go again upon my return.Special Features:
- outstandinggirlslunchgabfestDined on 8/11/2014service is excellent, menu covers any all the favorites, food was delicious and prepared as ordered, wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Daughters birthdayCuervo15Dined on 8/10/2014We were there to celebrate our daughters 13th birthday. The staff paid special attention to her and made the night great. The food is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food Around!!cmbla13Dined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing and the service was very quick and friendly. I would highly recommend everyone dine here if you are in the area and definetly if you are staying on property.Special Features:
- The best of everythingWalter915Dined on 8/8/2014Everything I ordered was the best I've had from previous restaurants!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatpmcsr1Dined on 8/4/2014after a litle confusion about a menu upcharge the manager explained it to us .EVERYTHING was fantastic,service was perfectly timed ,food was hot .Special Features:
- Still one of my favorites...lsalceDined on 8/3/2014But this visit wasn't 100% up to the usual standard. I usually visit around 3 times a year and always order the same things. High quality is always delivered so my expectations also stay high. This time around the potatoes seemed a bit gritty (overcooked maybe?). A very small glitch in what is always a wonderful meal. I love the overall fun decor and atmosphere. Hoping it was a glitch and next time will be back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNHAPPYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. PRICES HAVE INCREASED BUT FOOD WAS STILL VERY GOOD. WINE WAS REDICULOUSLY PRICED AND WE SKIPPED IT AS WE WILL PROBABLY SKIP EATING THERE AGAIN BECAUSE OF PRICE INCREASESSpecial Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Don't get me wrong.. The food and the service was fantastic. That being said, I expect a $56.00 Steak to be as thick as it is big. Where it did not lack in flavor it lacked in size.Special Features:
- Overall pretty good experiencenice2splurgeDined on 8/2/2014I took my boyfriend there for a birthday gift and overall it was a pretty good experience. The food was excellent....the atmosphere was nice (actually thought it was going to be a little bit more romantic in regards to the atmosphere but not a big deal. The service was pretty good....the only thing I was a little disappointed with was that our server did not give us the specials. I found out there were specials when the table to the right of ours got their specials read to them by their server. Other than that the experience was decent.....food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Food was fabulous. Outstanding wine selection even by the glass. They offered a Sancerre by the glass which is rare. Everything was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopeVIPDined on 7/28/2014The hostesses were not very professional. For a high end restaurant they were dresses somewhat casual and were not very welcoming.
- excellent service & delicious foodEfitDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated my birthday and anniversary there on july 27. The service, the food and the scene were amazing! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFatherandSonDined on 7/27/2014The food, the wine and service were impeccable. I celebrated my son's birthday and we were treated like royalty. Since my son is in the food industry we were also given a tour of the kitchen and met with management. The steak was perfectly done to our likeness and was tender. The sides we ordered were excellent and the Caesar salad prepared at our table delicious. This is a place for those who want to have a meal fit for a King and Queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunchjrkayriVIPDined on 7/27/2014We go here quite frequently and this visit was a bit disappointing. Went to lunch on a Sunday..no lunch menu. Also, despite a smaller lunch crowd, service was slow...only two waiters on and looked like one chef so probably not the waiters fault. My wife ordered a tableside caesar salad, which was inedible due to too much olive oil and grated cheese..the replacement ceviche was good though. Daughter had steak and eggs, steak was overcooked. The lobster cobb salad was good. The saving grace...the drunken donuts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and Bacon!!KevinDined on 7/26/2014Steaks are delicious but for a real treat order the Bacon to start! So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.