David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
39 Norwich Westerly Rd
Ledyard, CT 06338Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://davidburkeprime.com/
- Phone: 8603128753x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm; Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Sunday: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated for parties large or small. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more!
A word from David Burke Prime at Foxwoods
Celebrated Chef David Burke will bring his culinary expertise to Foxwoods Resort Casino, with the opening of David Burke Prime on July 9, 2008. All cuts of meat served at the restaurant will be imported directly from Creekstone Farms in Kentucky and dry-aged for 28 to 75 days in the restaurant’s in-house dry-aging room. In addition, David Burke Prime will offer thousands of bottles of premium wine from around the world. Located on the hotel level of Grand Pequot Tower in Foxwoods Resort Casino, the 13,000-square-foot steakhouse will seat 280 people and feature a 35-foot tall wine tower escalating up three stories to the casino level. In addition, the restaurant will include a 28-seat bar and 1,700-square-foot private banquet area, accommodating up to 100 people. Similar to David Burke’s Primehouse in Chicago, which was just voted Best Steakhouse in Chicago, David Burke Prime will feature an aging room with walls lined in imported pink Himalayan rock salt, crafted here in the U.S.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods - Best Restaurants in Foxwoods ›
David Burke Prime at Foxwoods reviews from OpenTable diners
127 reviews since May 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (97)notable wine list (56)fit for foodies (55)romantic (46)good for groups (36)hot spot (25)vibrant bar scene (13)great for lunch (10)late-night find (6)neighborhood gem (4)kid-friendly (2)great for brunch (2)scenic view (1)Show More
- Too PriceyOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/23/2014Not the place to eat on a Saturday night. A month ago we ate at Burke on a Sunday night and the food was prepared perfect. This time my piece of Filet Migon was undercooked and tough. Even though they reheated it the meat had a bad taste because all the juices were gone once you cut into it. Thus they should have given me a new piece since I had only eaten a small part. At $42 for only an ounce piece I expect top line service and food. On the Sunday when I had good food it was not as crowded. This should not be an excuse for a high end restaurant or any restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/23/2014I took my fiancé to foxwoods for a birthday weekend and the best part of the trip was eating at David Burke Prime. The food was incredible. I also appreciated the attentiveness to my food allergies (gluten and corn). The staff were on top of everything. We had impeccably cooked steaks and the side dishes were just unbelievable. We've already said that we'd make the trip back to foxwoods just so we can eat here again!Special Features:
- Excellent in every aspectMagasaurusrexDined on 8/23/2014This was my second visit to DB Prime. While it would be difficult to repeat the first experience due to the minimal availability of Kobe beef, which is cooked to perfection on a heated salt block at your table, this visit was another example of food and service excellence. I continue to have dreams about the maple glazed bacon and the desserts are a delight as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing meal!!jkc685Dined on 8/18/2014This restaurant is a definite 5 star rating! The servers were very friendly, professional and attentive and knowledgeable. The lobster was succulent and cooked to perfection! I LOVED the idea of a popover as a bread substitute, that alone is an awesome idea! The crème brulee was so rich and creamy but not overly sweet. I wished I lived closer as I would dine there often! When we come back next year we will definitely get the steak and dine there twice during our week's stay.Special Features:
- All around great...OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/16/2014Very classy place with interesting appetizers and great steaks. Cocktails were tasty and dessert was yummy!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over the top!NYCgourmandeDined on 8/16/2014David Burke Prime does the best of classic American steakhouses... with a twist! From hanging clotheslines of bacon, to "crab croutons" on my table-side caesar salad, to HUGE dry-aged steaks. Brian is an extremely professional server (and Josh a perfect compliment), there whenever our table needed anything before we had to ask. His wine recommendations were spot-on. What amazed me the most was their ability to deliver quality food - quickly. I, as one who is tired of drawn-out dining experiences, hugely appreciate the ability to have an amazing meal in under an hour (all in the interest of a quick return to the blackjack table!). Thank you, Prime, for being delicious and unpretentious and unparallelled in the Foxwoods Casino meal scene.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Keep Going!MikeOVIPDined on 8/15/2014Always look at other restaurants at the Foxwoods complex and end up at David Burke because I know we will get terrific service and food! This is my 10th time or more attending and will go again upon my return.Special Features:
- outstandinggirlslunchgabfestDined on 8/11/2014service is excellent, menu covers any all the favorites, food was delicious and prepared as ordered, wonderful dining experience.Special Features:
- Daughters birthdayCuervo15Dined on 8/10/2014We were there to celebrate our daughters 13th birthday. The staff paid special attention to her and made the night great. The food is second to none.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Food Around!!cmbla13Dined on 8/9/2014The food was amazing and the service was very quick and friendly. I would highly recommend everyone dine here if you are in the area and definetly if you are staying on property.Special Features:
- The best of everythingWalter915Dined on 8/8/2014Everything I ordered was the best I've had from previous restaurants!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatpmcsr1Dined on 8/4/2014after a litle confusion about a menu upcharge the manager explained it to us .EVERYTHING was fantastic,service was perfectly timed ,food was hot .Special Features:
- Still one of my favorites...lsalceDined on 8/3/2014But this visit wasn't 100% up to the usual standard. I usually visit around 3 times a year and always order the same things. High quality is always delivered so my expectations also stay high. This time around the potatoes seemed a bit gritty (overcooked maybe?). A very small glitch in what is always a wonderful meal. I love the overall fun decor and atmosphere. Hoping it was a glitch and next time will be back to normal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UNHAPPYOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/3/2014SERVICE WAS EXCELLENT. PRICES HAVE INCREASED BUT FOOD WAS STILL VERY GOOD. WINE WAS REDICULOUSLY PRICED AND WE SKIPPED IT AS WE WILL PROBABLY SKIP EATING THERE AGAIN BECAUSE OF PRICE INCREASESSpecial Features:
- Over pricedOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/2/2014Don't get me wrong.. The food and the service was fantastic. That being said, I expect a $56.00 Steak to be as thick as it is big. Where it did not lack in flavor it lacked in size.Special Features:
- Overall pretty good experiencenice2splurgeDined on 8/2/2014I took my boyfriend there for a birthday gift and overall it was a pretty good experience. The food was excellent....the atmosphere was nice (actually thought it was going to be a little bit more romantic in regards to the atmosphere but not a big deal. The service was pretty good....the only thing I was a little disappointed with was that our server did not give us the specials. I found out there were specials when the table to the right of ours got their specials read to them by their server. Other than that the experience was decent.....food was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pricey but worth itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/1/2014Food was fabulous. Outstanding wine selection even by the glass. They offered a Sancerre by the glass which is rare. Everything was perfectSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HopeVIPDined on 7/28/2014The hostesses were not very professional. For a high end restaurant they were dresses somewhat casual and were not very welcoming.
- excellent service & delicious foodEfitDined on 7/27/2014We celebrated my birthday and anniversary there on july 27. The service, the food and the scene were amazing! !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingFatherandSonDined on 7/27/2014The food, the wine and service were impeccable. I celebrated my son's birthday and we were treated like royalty. Since my son is in the food industry we were also given a tour of the kitchen and met with management. The steak was perfectly done to our likeness and was tender. The sides we ordered were excellent and the Caesar salad prepared at our table delicious. This is a place for those who want to have a meal fit for a King and Queen.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing lunchjrkayriVIPDined on 7/27/2014We go here quite frequently and this visit was a bit disappointing. Went to lunch on a Sunday..no lunch menu. Also, despite a smaller lunch crowd, service was slow...only two waiters on and looked like one chef so probably not the waiters fault. My wife ordered a tableside caesar salad, which was inedible due to too much olive oil and grated cheese..the replacement ceviche was good though. Daughter had steak and eggs, steak was overcooked. The lobster cobb salad was good. The saving grace...the drunken donuts!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Steaks and Bacon!!KevinDined on 7/26/2014Steaks are delicious but for a real treat order the Bacon to start! So good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- #1 RestaurantTraaDined on 7/26/20145 Stars all around. Loved everything! Definite spot for everyone to trySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David Burke Prime DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/26/2014On the plus side, the food was great, and the staff was personable. On the minus, our reservations turned into bar stools overlooking the kitchen, and we received our entre minutes before the show we had tickets for. No hard feelings, but I would recommend making reservations 3 hrs before your show. At these prices, you'd like to enjoy the experience.
- Creme brulee is excellent!gf502Dined on 7/24/2014My family really enjoyed the popovers and the french onion soup. I had a salad with watermelon and the bass entree (both gluten free) which were very good. Creme brulee is excellent here!
- Amazing dining experienceHvacguyDined on 7/23/2014From the service to the food, everything was top notch.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Soooo GOODJoe14Dined on 7/22/2014Surprizingly great, best steak , and meal I had in years. Will go back whenever I get the chance. But a bit pricey.$$$Special Features:
- Good SteaksjudymichaelVIPDined on 7/15/2014We love all the high end steak houses so wanted to give this a try. Hubby loved his crab cocktail. I had the pretzel crusted crabcake -- just okay. My filet mignon was like butta! My chive potatoes too oily. My husband tried one of their special aged super huge steaks and what he was served did not look anything near the size they said. Although he enjoyed it, he was not overly impressed and has had far better steaks in other places. We were too full for dessert. I must say they have an amazing and professional staff and it is a lovely place to dine if you are at Foxwoods. I would dine there again and perhaps we need to adjust some of our choices on what we order.
- Worth the price tagDBEAUDined on 7/12/2014The menu is pricey but my wife and I had a fantastic time. The food was amazing and the service was just as great. The servers work in a team so my drinks were never empty for long.Special Features:
- Pre concert dinnerChrisDined on 7/12/2014The wine list is exceptional, but a little pricey. The food preparation and presentation were excellent. The background music was too loud for my comfort, but hey the restaurant is in a casino.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very Impressed!foodie123Dined on 7/11/2014I eat at all the finest dining around. I was visiting from Miami and didn't have my expectations too high, to be honest. I was absolutely blown away. Top to bottom I thought the food was unbelievable. Steaks are amazing, sides were to die for. Very very impressed. Highly recommended.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Over pricedFortheloveoffoodDined on 7/11/2014My steak was cooked well done, and was chewy. The rest of the food was very good, I expect perfection when I spend that kind of money.Special Features:
- Exciting Place to Eatbulldog83Dined on 7/7/2014Everything was excellent - food (lobster) service and the little extras. Lobster bisque was delicious. Presentation was great and you did notfeel rushedSpecial Features:
- Has been better5StarSteakhouseDined on 7/4/2014Been here before and it was better in the past. Seated in a small side room with a view of the escalators and a shop. Not seated in the nice part of restaurant. Caesar Salad was so so at best. I can make a better tasting one at home. The prime rib was good but was much better last time. Cheap whipped butter melts so fast and had little flavor on baked potato. Clam casino were not very good either. Servers forgot our "Popups and forgot my drink refill.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- "This Is Stupid"discjokerDined on 6/30/2014"Stupid good" and "just plain stupid" sum up our experience. First the "stupid good". Overall the food was incredible. We went on Lobster night which I took part in. My wife did not. While I enjoyed my kung pao lobster, if I were to dine here again I would stick to the steak. My wife ordered the filet and it was without a doubt the best piece of beef she (and I...since she offered me a taste) have ever had. The "just plain stupid" part relates to the service. While our servers were very friendly and well meaning, the service was horribly slow. 20 minutes to get a drink and what seemed like an eternity between courses. We even had to wait 15 minutes to get our check. This type of service may sway me from not dining here in the future.Special Features:
- Overall: A experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/27/2014Overall, food was great and service was very good. If I had to pick on some things, I was a little surprised by the discussion on oysters with waitstaff (not sure how bluepoints are out of season in late June) and a medium steak came out charred on the outside, but medium in the middle; that shouldn't happen. Otherwise, the dinner was as expected - top quality.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- kim and garyluv2eatfoodDined on 6/27/2014We cant say enough to our friends on how delicious our steaks were. We will be returning soon with friends to imbibe. The best beef in all of New England.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- steakhouseVIPDined on 6/26/2014great service-sociable waiters-not stuffy. personable maitre'd-very attentive. food selection very good-great sidesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Really Excellent ServicesugarbootsDined on 6/25/2014From the warm greeting from the hostess who wished us a happy anniversary to the busboy who never let our water glasses get to the half way mark and everyone in between, the service was outstanding. Our waiter took our order right away and the somalier was over with our wine selection almost immediately. We ordered the Chateaubriand for two and when our food came out, our meat was carved tableside by a very pleasant woman. The presentation was beautiful and we couldn't help but notice how nice everyone else's food looked as well, especially the seafood tower. Everything was delicious. The complimentary cotton candy at the end of the meal was a whimisical and unique touch, making the whole experience especially sweet.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentKackDined on 6/22/2014Great food & wine. Enjoyed cocktails, steaks & wine (Kamen 2008).Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.