David Burke Fromagerie
26 Ridge Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fromagerie
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7328428088x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00-3:00
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Friday & Saturday 5:00-11:00, Sunday 3:00-9:00
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 5:00-6:30
TUESDAY BURGER NIGHT! Enjoy a salad, burger & glass of wine or beer for only $29.00 - live music in the bar!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: 2011 "Best Caterer" - Best of Monmouth Reader's Choice Awards. Bring our award winning cuisine and service to any venue ranging from small scale receptions to large galas. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Entertainment: Live music every Tuesday (Burger Night!) and Friday night in the bar!
- Special Events: David Burke Fromagerie has hosted a variety of distinguished and stylish events. Whether a catered event at your venue or booking at Fromagerie, our event planners will work with you to create a customized event that meets your every wish. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fromagerie
Upscale yet whimsical is the best description for David Burke Fromagerie, an American restaurant in Rumson, NJ featuring celebrity chef, David Burke. With this well-known epicurean master at the helm, the menu is rife with modern American cuisine sure to please the most distinguished of palates. Located in a historical Victorian home, the unique decor which includes toys suspended from the ceiling in the "attic,” creates a non-stuffy, yet upscale dining atmosphere. Add to any meal with a selection of fine wine from the cellar, which is also available for private parties and tastings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
David Burke Fromagerie - Best Restaurants in Rumson ›
David Burke Fromagerie reviews from OpenTable diners
87 reviews since July 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (61)fit for foodies (55)romantic (44)notable wine list (30)neighborhood gem (27)great for brunch (17)good for groups (13)vibrant bar scene (11)hot spot (7)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)late-night find (1)Show More
- Perfect for our Anniversary.johnjmDined on 10/25/2014We had been to Fromagerie about 7 years ago and were looking for a place to celebrate our 12 year Anniversary. This was the perfect place. The wait staff (especially John) were wonderful and the food melted in your mouth. This is not for the budget friendly but definitely for spending a nice quiet evening with your significant other enjoying their company and amazing food. Our only suggestion is to skip the angry lobster but absolutely get the braised short rib over cavatelli pasta. It was so tender no knife was required. Hopefully we will be back sooner than 7 years.Special Features:
- Good for a special nightBColbyDined on 10/25/2014Due to the high price, I only come to this restaurant once every few years. Waitstaff are well trained and know their menu well, and they take care to inquire about any celebrations and any food allergies. Their wine list is intimidating. I ordered the least expensive bottle at $80, not expecting much since it was a bargain price-but it was great. The sommelier and server both commented that I picked an excellent wine, which they must say to everyone since it was the cheapest on the list. The food is creative, but most entrees are expensive and small. Example: at $46, the lamb special consisted of 2 tiny morsels...hardly enough to satisfy, even after we each had an appetizer. It's a special evening, but be prepared to spend a lot of $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackiebVIPDined on 10/24/2014As always the restaurant was superb. Our waitress Karen was one of the best we've ever had. Would absolutely recommend. Have been here many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDeliceDined on 10/24/2014We were there for a very special occasion and planned on having a very special meal. The Ceasar Salad thst is supposed to be prepared table side was only tossed and served at the table. All the ingredients were already in the bowl. Shame on you. The cowboy ribeye that was very costly was tasteless. The chocolate soufflé was the best part of the meal. I would think twice before eating there again.
- Best dinner experience in NJHenderson1Dined on 10/18/2014I've eaten at fancy restaurants of this quality a few times in NY, but never in NJ. The food was great, and the staff was even better (the chef even came out to introduce himself). Our waitor Michael was perfect, always around when we needed him, but never seemed intrusive. And to top it off, being our anniversary they offered us complimentary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014I had the lobster price fixed. The corn bisque was nice. The lobster was of poor quality, overcooked, I needed a knife to cut the tail. I was disappointed as I have had lots better in many places. The dessert was good but nothing was great or warranted the exorbitant prices.
- Special nightJimGrazDined on 10/14/2014If you are looking for a special night out, or a one of a kind burger, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobsDined on 10/11/2014Always a great experience. We are lucky to have it close to us. The Dover sole is fantastic. It is never in any other restaurants in my area. The food is elegant and high quality with a touch of whimsy I.e the donuts and cotton candy for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014From the minute we opened the door to go in to the moment we opened the door to leave, everything was stellar. The ambiance, service, food. Great experience m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itfoodieNJVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place has ok quality food but not at the level of high end restaurants (the way it is priced). Way overpriced for the quality. We often go to other restaurants of this price point but at least we get to have an experience every time, not here...
- TerrificMeeMee3VIPDined on 10/9/2014We've been patrons for years and they never disappoint. Everything is always creatively delicious and wonderfully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014I dined here with my wife and 1 year old son this past Sunday and had a truly amazing time, the appetizers were unique and delicious, corn bisque, chicken confit , we ordered a ribeye wich was cooked perfectly had great amount of fat and full of flavor, the service was very accommodating for my child's needs, it's great to have such a well renowned restaurant close to home with amazing cocktails and wines, great service, and outstanding food! Don't let other reviews on price and quality distract you! Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIkeDDined on 10/4/2014outstanding service and attention to detail- we absolutley love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David Burke FromagerieLeeyannDined on 10/2/2014Interesting and varied menu choices, service superb, very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealLuvGdFdDined on 9/28/2014A great evening. They hit all the marks.service, food and ambiance. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingEllinjDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience was beyond our expectations. For starters, our server, Asia, was fantastic. She was attentive to our needs and superb. We didn't feel rushed at all and her timing was perfect. The food was phenomenal and a true culinary experience. The amuse bouche truly got our taste buds tingling. Short ribs with cavatelli were delicious. Our desserts (with a preview of the chef's talents with fresh sorbet---wow!) were out of this world. We went for our anniversary and this was truly a special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentTomsriverottoDined on 9/20/2014Waiter forgot our cheeseboard appetizer then tried to cover it up saying he thought we wanted it after our salad. Table next to us was a bunch of loud drunks dressed like slobs. We went for our wedding anniversary. We'll never go back.Special Features:
- DisappointedLooperDined on 9/14/2014Made note it was our Anniversary on reservation and was ignored. Selection of brunch entree... Disappointing... will not return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful dinnerbeaugestusDined on 9/13/2014I love going to restaurants and this one was an absolute delight. I haven't had a meal this good in a long time. The presentation, service, ambience and food were excellent. I would highly recommend it. But, like they say you get what you pay for and you do.Special Features:
- Elegant and invitingOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 9/13/2014A romantic evening awaits in this quaint and charming reataurant!! The meal is an event !! The service wonderful !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Must Dining ExperienceContherockDined on 9/13/2014The dining experience was spectacular. The professional and friendly staff are on point, as well as the ambiance. The food is amazing and the cotton candy at the end is a whimsical treat.Special Features:
- disappointedVIPDined on 9/13/2014i was disappointed by my waiter. i told them on opentable and that day when they called to confirm reservation it was a birthday he did nothing. Not only that he didn't even have time to come over to give us water and take our drink order when we sat down someone else had to do this. Again when dinner came out he never came over until we were done to ask how the food was. I was not happy at all esp. with how expensive the food is.Special Features:
- DisappointingJandjbDined on 9/13/2014We frequent this restaurant several times a year. Our last visit was extremely disappointing. Despite having reservations, we were only offered a seat upstairs despite asking to sit elsewhere. Although the waiter was very nice, we felt extremely neglected. It took too long to get our drinks, and we did not receive our entrees for 2 hours 20 minutes. We couldn't sit any longer for dessert and coffee, so we hurried the waiter to get our bill. The excuse given for the long wait/poor service was that there was a large table downstairs with a shoe executive at it. The food is delicious, but for these prices, I'd expect much better service especially when the restaurant was not packed. We won't be back.
- Unexpected GemOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/7/2014Excellent food, excellent service. Brunch was creative without being kitschy. Wonderful Bloody Mary bar...drinks made tableside with a wide variety of great garnishes....was fun and produced great drinks. Our server knew the answer to every question we asked about the menu, was so pleasant without being intrusive and very professional. Ambiance lovely, comfortable. This was an all around excellent experience. Recommend dishes: soft scrambled truffled eggs, Burke BELT (open-faced BLT with wonderful thick cut bacon and fried egg on top, chicken and waffles, warm donuts with three sauces.Special Features:
- Anniversary DinnerJerseygirlVIPDined on 9/3/2014Our latest experience at David Burkes was excellent. We have been regular patrons for a while now but all the staff went out of their way to make it a memorable dinner. I especially want to thank Karen and John for going out of their way to give us special attention ! Thanks ! See you soonSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food! Service?????AndyBDined on 8/31/2014As a returning guest at Fromagerie I expected a excellent food and fantastic experience. Management was cheerful and friendly, food was beautiful and tasted delicious Everyone in the group enjoyed the meals. Service was just unbelievably poor!1 Waiter was unprepared about the menu, unresponsive to requests and generally uninterested in providing us a David Burke Experience. very disappointing!!!! do try the short rib & pasta Fantatstic!!!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/31/2014I booked brunch thinking it was the buffet. I was very disappointed when I arrived to learn they canceled the buffet brunch about a month ago. Food was very good but I will probably do brunch somewhere elseSpecial Features:
- AnniversaryTJBrennanDined on 8/28/2014My wife and I attended the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered from the prefix menu "Lobster selections" and they we spectacular. The Chef's presentation was deliteful. The service was very good, what you would expect from a 5 star restaurant. The cotton candy at the completion of the meal was unique. One of the best meals and nights that I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripVegeeandCarnivoreDined on 8/26/2014Super team effort from the moment your car is parked to the host bidding good-bye. They take care of you, and then some. Only negatives were my flavorful but dry vegetarian entree, and my choice of wine was not worth $18 a glass. We will return although the location is not convenient, but when an experience is this good, it's worth the effort and expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableVAP629Dined on 8/26/2014The DB burger should stand for dynamite burger. Everything was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014It was nice find for us when we with my husband were just driving exploring Rumsom NJ fir ourselves. Food is good , staff is very friendly and decor is very classy and home like at same time. Our compliments to chief.Special Features:
- Surprise, surpriseIreneDined on 8/23/2014We were delighted to find a Manhattan quality restaurant hidden in the woods of Rumsen. And what a find! Both my husband and my dad had the best piece of meat of their lives: aged rib eye on the bone. Waiting staff was good, although they kept forgetting to fill our glasses with water. Impressive wine list with sommelier in attendance. Whimsy desserts completed a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A surprising disappointmentRichVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had been wanting to go to Fromagerie for over two years, since seeing it on a couple Top 25 lists. Unfortunately, the food wasn't worth the wait. The short rib dumpling appetizer was dry and tasteless. The aged bone in rib-eye was unseasoned and uninspired. My girlfriend's "Open-face seafood ravioli" was so plain and unpleasing to the eye it literally left the impression the chef was too lazy to put the seafood in the pasta so I'm just gonna lay the pasta on top of 4 whole shrimp and some crabmeat. I've noticed they aren't on any recent top 25's. The location, the ambiance and the staff are 5 stars. Someone needs to bring the food up to the same level.
- rip offSeaGirtLadyVIPDined on 8/23/2014we enjoyed it but it was a total rip off. We don't mind spending money but when you have a $52 steak, they can't give you potatoes ??? Good food. Good service. We won't go back though.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendsRuneatrepeatDined on 8/22/2014Went to Fromagerie with three couples on a Friday night. Was hoping for a little more noise and action in the dining room, but overall a great experience. Short rib appetizer was a big hit, along with the pretzel crab cakes (always a favorite). For dinner the angry lobster was fiery and delicious and my husband's strip was cooked to perfection (for him, still mooing). Our four guests who had never been there before for dinner were thoroughly impressed. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Went for a 50th birthday with out of town relatives. From burgers to steaks to crab cakes there was not one bite left on our plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The brunch was delicious. Service and Bloody Mary's were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryTomsRiverVIPDined on 8/14/2014A couple weeks before our anniversary I made a reservation and asked to be seated in the main dinning room. We arrived and my request was not honored!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!!!NTannenDined on 8/12/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The staff, food and ambience are above industry standard by far.........We were never rushed, our server was attentive, knowledgable and accommodating. I would go back in a heartbeat and recomment it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingTomKatDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with dinner. It was very nice, quiet, enjoyable. Food was delicious. Service was fine. No complaints. A very enjoyable evening. We were told that we sat at table #40. How appropriate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.