David Burke Fromagerie
26 Ridge Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fromagerie
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7328428088x
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00-3:00
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Friday & Saturday 5:00-11:00, Sunday 3:00-9:00
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 5:00-6:30
TUESDAY BURGER NIGHT! Enjoy a salad, burger & glass of wine or beer for only $29.00 - live music in the bar!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: 2011 "Best Caterer" - Best of Monmouth Reader's Choice Awards. Bring our award winning cuisine and service to any venue ranging from small scale receptions to large galas. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
- Entertainment: Live music every Tuesday (Burger Night!) and Friday night in the bar!
- Special Events: David Burke Fromagerie has hosted a variety of distinguished and stylish events. Whether a catered event at your venue or booking at Fromagerie, our event planners will work with you to create a customized event that meets your every wish. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fromagerie
Upscale yet whimsical is the best description for David Burke Fromagerie, an American restaurant in Rumson, NJ featuring celebrity chef, David Burke. With this well-known epicurean master at the helm, the menu is rife with modern American cuisine sure to please the most distinguished of palates. Located in a historical Victorian home, the unique decor which includes toys suspended from the ceiling in the "attic,” creates a non-stuffy, yet upscale dining atmosphere. Add to any meal with a selection of fine wine from the cellar, which is also available for private parties and tastings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Fromagerie reviews from OpenTable diners
81 reviews since May 3, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (51)fit for foodies (46)romantic (36)neighborhood gem (27)notable wine list (20)great for brunch (18)vibrant bar scene (13)good for groups (11)kid-friendly (7)hot spot (4)late-night find (2)scenic view (2)great for lunch (2)Show More
- AnniversaryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/28/2014My wife and I attended the restaurant to celebrate our anniversary. We ordered from the prefix menu "Lobster selections" and they we spectacular. The Chef's presentation was deliteful. The service was very good, what you would expect from a 5 star restaurant. The cotton candy at the completion of the meal was unique. One of the best meals and nights that I have had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth the tripVegeeandCarnivoreDined on 8/26/2014Super team effort from the moment your car is parked to the host bidding good-bye. They take care of you, and then some. Only negatives were my flavorful but dry vegetarian entree, and my choice of wine was not worth $18 a glass. We will return although the location is not convenient, but when an experience is this good, it's worth the effort and expense.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UnbelievableOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/26/2014The DB burger should stand for dynamite burger. Everything was awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GreatGoodVIPDined on 8/24/2014It was nice find for us when we with my husband were just driving exploring Rumsom NJ fir ourselves. Food is good , staff is very friendly and decor is very classy and home like at same time. Our compliments to chief.Special Features:
- Surprise, surpriseIreneDined on 8/23/2014We were delighted to find a Manhattan quality restaurant hidden in the woods of Rumsen. And what a find! Both my husband and my dad had the best piece of meat of their lives: aged rib eye on the bone. Waiting staff was good, although they kept forgetting to fill our glasses with water. Impressive wine list with sommelier in attendance. Whimsy desserts completed a most enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- A surprising disappointmentRichVIPDined on 8/23/2014I had been wanting to go to Fromagerie for over two years, since seeing it on a couple Top 25 lists. Unfortunately, the food wasn't worth the wait. The short rib dumpling appetizer was dry and tasteless. The aged bone in rib-eye was unseasoned and uninspired. My girlfriend's "Open-face seafood ravioli" was so plain and unpleasing to the eye it literally left the impression the chef was too lazy to put the seafood in the pasta so I'm just gonna lay the pasta on top of 4 whole shrimp and some crabmeat. I've noticed they aren't on any recent top 25's. The location, the ambiance and the staff are 5 stars. Someone needs to bring the food up to the same level.
- rip offSeaGirtLadyVIPDined on 8/23/2014we enjoyed it but it was a total rip off. We don't mind spending money but when you have a $52 steak, they can't give you potatoes ??? Good food. Good service. We won't go back though.Special Features:
- Great dinner with friendsRuneatrepeatDined on 8/22/2014Went to Fromagerie with three couples on a Friday night. Was hoping for a little more noise and action in the dining room, but overall a great experience. Short rib appetizer was a big hit, along with the pretzel crab cakes (always a favorite). For dinner the angry lobster was fiery and delicious and my husband's strip was cooked to perfection (for him, still mooing). Our four guests who had never been there before for dinner were thoroughly impressed. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great local diningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/19/2014Went for a 50th birthday with out of town relatives. From burgers to steaks to crab cakes there was not one bite left on our plates!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious brunchOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/17/2014The brunch was delicious. Service and Bloody Mary's were excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnniversaryTomsRiverVIPDined on 8/14/2014A couple weeks before our anniversary I made a reservation and asked to be seated in the main dinning room. We arrived and my request was not honored!I would recommend this to a friend.
- FABULOUS!!!!!NTannenDined on 8/12/2014What a wonderful dining experience. The staff, food and ambience are above industry standard by far.........We were never rushed, our server was attentive, knowledgable and accommodating. I would go back in a heartbeat and recomment it highly.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- celebratingTomKatDined on 8/10/2014We celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary with dinner. It was very nice, quiet, enjoyable. Food was delicious. Service was fine. No complaints. A very enjoyable evening. We were told that we sat at table #40. How appropriate!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I will be back!GiusyDined on 7/31/2014Have had lunch and dinner at Fromagerie many times as a couple, with and without friends and have never been disappointed. The food and service are impeccable and unique. A true gem.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Lobster Louie Night-YummmJayDeeDined on 7/31/2014Lobster dishes paired with my regular menu side favorites-beyond delicious. Great beer and wine choices and the oysters were so fresh my husband ate more than a dozen! Service, as always, is friendly and spot on.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Major Disappointment--Won't go backOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/26/2014A terrible experience. My wife and I went for dinner on Saturday night. After having a cocktail at the bar, we were seated at 7:30. Our waitress took our order, only to come back and tell us they were out of BOTH entrees that we ordered. The entrees we had to settle for were not served until 9:15. The waitress repeatedly came back to say she didn't know what was taking so long, and around 9 pm she brought over some cheese and bread. The manager then came over and said something about dessert, which we weren't interested in because it was too late and we wanted to get home. He then told us he would give us his card to offer us something for the next time we came in. He never gave us his card, which doesn't matter because we won't be back.
- good food, fair serviceaskdDined on 7/26/2014The service was just fair: waited too long for drinks; the sommelier was distracted and it looked like he was running around the room; the staff seemed overwhelmed by their responsibilities. Some food selections were excellent; some mediocre.
- Excellent eveningGunotDined on 7/24/2014Another great dining experience at the Fromagerie. The food was excellent. John, the sommelier is such a delight to deal with. We have always enjoyed his vast wine knowledge and his wine selections do not disappoint! Stuart the pastry chef out did himself with a stellar coconut cake and midnight pot de cream. The duck breast with cherry mustard sauce was the best duck I have ever had.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointedAcasualgourmetDined on 7/22/2014We arrived with a $240 gift card and high hopes for a special meal. Our waiter seemed disinterested and bothered and yet we overheard a waiter at another table giving detailed descriptions of the menu items. The burrata appetizer arrived without the prociutto. After the oversight was pointed out there was no apology, just a piece of prosciutto delivered on a plate. We were assured that all the burgers were served with french fries and yet when the burgers arrived only one had fries. The waiter said he misspoke. The "iceburg" burger is served with a huge portion of lettuce instead of on a bun and no fries. Had the waiter explained the burgers I would have ordered differently. It was cooked well past the "medium" I had ordered.Special Features:
- Disappointed!Armi58Dined on 7/13/2014why keep the name "fromagerie" when all you offer is a selection of 6 cheeses? Very disappointing and very expensive
- SandeeDined on 7/13/2014Our brunch was wonderful as usual. This brunch was a seated one, as it is summer. the selections were numerous and ours were delicious. We were not rushed in any way and made to feel important. We will go back again.Special Features:
- 22anniversaryDined on 7/12/2014The soft shell crabs were amazing And highly recommend the duck!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love Tuesday Burger Night DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/8/2014Had a great time Tuesday night with my girlfriends. Went for burger night and live entertainment. The service was wonderful and sitting near the bar was fun. For $25 you get a glass of wine or beer, salad and a David Burke hamburger with fries.Special Features:
- A great timegreatDined on 7/3/2014We were seated right away. The drinks came quickly. The menu has a wide range of choices. The food came to the table hot. We finished off with the coconut cake. The food was prepared beautifully and the service was exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/27/2014Staff was attentive to requests made at online reservation. Food was very good. Service was polite and efficient. Lovely anniversary dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not impressedBrutallyHonestDined on 6/21/2014Extremely disappointing is all I can say. The crab cake appetizer was mediocre and the bone in filet (which sounds amazing) was the worst I've ever had in my life. Not to mention my side came well after I was done with my steak. Only thing that was great were the donuts for dessert. Maybe this was a one-off bad night for the restaurant but I won't be going back to find out.
- Disappointing...CpopsDined on 6/21/2014Started on a low note as the maître d' rudely told us that we were being seated upstairs because all of the "empty" tables downstairs were being held for "his" diners whose requests for downstairs were honored first. Of course, upstairs was an entirely different restaurant, not worth the inflated price tag. Service was abominable, our waiter did not even explain the menu, as if we weren't worthy. Thank goodness our dining companions were re-treads so THEY could explain some details. David Burke is known for his unusual presentations, however we found them more suited to the days of yore, hardly the uber-chic current trends. Way too many tired chrome hardware trees with perched food bites for me. Food eh at best. A costly disappointment.Special Features:
- Great food; awful serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 6/19/2014Went there with my daughter after granddaughter's graduation. Heard it was the best restaurant in Rumson. Admittedly the food was great. The service was purely awful. Dirty dishes left on the table; had to ask repeatedly where the wine was? did not refill the diet drink as asked. And the great kicker was when I asked for single scoop of ice cream for desert, the waiter implied they could only give me three as per the menu. For a $200 plus dinner, it needs better service. Interestingly enough, for a Friday evening it was not busy --- maybe I am not the only one who knows about the service
- "Whimsical" Fine DiningMiJoDined on 6/15/2014I tend to adjust my expectations when a restaurant is as hyped as any of David Burke's are - the Fromagerie being no exception. However, by the end of the meal it was apparent that the food and the service were both well worthy of the accolades. Our waiter was incredibly friendly - he brought more popovers when he saw we clearly liked them too much. The food, though, was what really made the dinner worth the price. The signature Angry Lobster was fantastic, spicy but not overly so. As was the Short Rib Cavatelli. Even the warm panna cotta amuse-bouche was superb. For dessert the three of us shared one order of the cheesecake lollipops - it was the perfect ending along with the bubble gum whipped cream and complimentary cotton candy.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/15/2014Very enjoyable Father's Day Brunch....service was exceptional!Special Features:
- DisappointedLoveatingDined on 6/13/2014Took my boyfriend for his birthday, looking forward to dinner at a David Burke restaurant close to his home. I have been to his other places and so I expected top notch service. We were offered a table by the bar which was a mistake due to it being so noisy. And though food was good (not great like I have come to expect) service was below target. Seemed someone had called out because our server was scrambling. She was sweet, but that just couldn't cover the poor service. Should have just trekked into the city.
- Service and food was lacking.SubparDined on 6/7/2014Food (steaks) were very average. They were cooked to order - that was positive, but taste and texture was unimpressive. Kansas City steak was too small and not very flavorful. Table next to us was way too noisy. Maître d focused too much on table next to us...we just were not impressed at all with the restaurants food, service, or ambience, unfortunately.
- Never Get Tired of This PlaceAboveparVIPDined on 6/4/2014Always can find some thing I am in the mood for. Anything from Dover Sole filleted table side, angry lobster or a simple burger on burger night. Always good, always make you feel welcome. After you have been here a couple of times they remember you and what you like. Probably in the top 2 restaurants in Monmouth County. It's my number 1!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE LOVE LOVED IT!!!!LainaSaulDined on 5/30/2014I took my boyfriend here for a special dinner for his graduation from Columbia and we had the most amazing time. Karen was a delight & very attentive. She was always around when you needed her but was not in the way at all. She was extremely knowledgeable and helped us chose our dinners which were amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- keep drivingeatingoutDined on 5/25/2014The drinks were great. The food was below average.Special Features:
- reviewannxxxxxxxVIPDined on 5/24/2014food very good service poor; very slow; waiter tried but was no where to be found for the most partSpecial Features:
- 2bmooreDined on 5/22/2014Went to The Fromagerie for our 15 year wedding anniversary and am so glad we did. The food was incredible and we are still dreaming about the Hot & Angry Lobster plus the cheese board selection and beautiful wine! The complimentary cotton candy at the end to go with our after dinner drinks was a fun surprise. Cory was our server and he was perfect with timing, recommendations and service!! It is nice to finally go to a place that you felt your dollar and time was well spent. So many places around the area are as expensive or a little less but heck, the food and service leaves you feeling cheated....not here. We will be coming back for sure.Special Features:
- Great brunch, service offTravelingmanVIPDined on 5/18/2014Service is usually much better, I think there was not enough waitstaff this day due to party upstairs. They forgot omlettes we ordered for 40 minutes, 2 of the 4 were not good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Brunch at FromageriegoodeatsDined on 5/18/2014We decided to try Fromagerie for brunch to celebrate a friend's birthday. The selection of food on the buffet was impressive and beyond delicious. Everything from a raw bar, quiche, salads, salmon, made to order omelets and cotton candy made it difficult to decide where to start. Service was impeccable and we had a wonderful dining experience. We will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Date night success!RachEatsDined on 5/17/2014The venue and food were a home run! Unfortunately we were seated next to a loud obnoxious couple but not the restaurants fault. Our waitor wasn't the best but the food made up for it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.