David Burke Fromagerie
26 Ridge Road
Rumson, NJ 07760Neighborhood:
Contemporary AmericanPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fromagerie
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.fromagerierestaurant.com/
- Phone: (732) 842-8088
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Sunday 10:00-3:00
Dinner: Tuesday-Thursday 5:00-10:00, Friday & Saturday 5:00-11:00, Sunday 3:00-9:00
Happy Hour: Tuesday-Friday 5:00-6:30
TUESDAY BURGER NIGHT! Enjoy a salad, burger & glass of wine or beer for only $29.00 - live music in the bar!
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: David Burke
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: 2011 "Best Caterer" - Best of Monmouth Reader's Choice Awards. Bring our award winning cuisine and service to any venue ranging from small scale receptions to large galas. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
- Entertainment: Live music every Tuesday (Burger Night!) and Friday night in the bar!
- Special Events: David Burke Fromagerie has hosted a variety of distinguished and stylish events. Whether a catered event at your venue or booking at Fromagerie, our event planners will work with you to create a customized event that meets your every wish. Contact email@example.com to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fromagerie
Upscale yet whimsical is the best description for David Burke Fromagerie, an American restaurant in Rumson, NJ featuring celebrity chef, David Burke. With this well-known epicurean master at the helm, the menu is rife with modern American cuisine sure to please the most distinguished of palates. Located in a historical Victorian home, the unique decor which includes toys suspended from the ceiling in the "attic,” creates a non-stuffy, yet upscale dining atmosphere. Add to any meal with a selection of fine wine from the cellar, which is also available for private parties and tastings.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerRomantic
- Diners' Choice WinnerSpecial Occasion
- Diners' Choice WinnerContemporary American
David Burke Fromagerie - Best Restaurants in Rumson ›
David Burke Fromagerie reviews from OpenTable diners
112 reviews since August 1, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (86)fit for foodies (69)romantic (69)notable wine list (43)neighborhood gem (30)great for brunch (24)good for groups (21)hot spot (16)vibrant bar scene (12)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)scenic view (3)late-night find (1)Show More
- $37 for a kid's grilled cheese and 2 sodas!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/25/2014I went on Tuesday for Burger Night.... for $29 one gets a burger, salad and glass of wine or a beer. I took my friend and his 14 year old vegetarian daughter. Unfortunately, they no longer had a veggie burger on the burger night menu... but the kitchen "agreed" to make her a grilled cheese sandwich. When the bill arrived I was charged $29 for a salad and grilled cheese with fries + another $8 for two 12 ounce sodas. Yes, it ended up costing me $37 for a grill cheese meal. When I suggested to the waiter that we had been mischarged because she did not a glass of wine or beer and was also charged $8 for soda. He claimed, no, the bill was correct and that $29 pricing only covers a glass of wine or beer, not non alcoholic beverages. Quite ridiculous to annoy a customer over 2 sodas, when the price of a grilled cheese should have been less than a burger in the first place. And when my burger arrived, the bottom english muffin was soggy and fell apart on my first couple of bites. Next time I'll save myself the AGGRAVATION and substantial money and go to Bobby's Burger Palace for a burger and some fries.Special Features:
- Fantastic!FoodloverDined on 11/22/2014Food was amazing! We waited a little too long for our table and they gave us a complimentary Lobster appetizer which was unbelievable. The executive chef shaved truffles at the table and the food was perfect! Will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect Birthday CelebrationlovestheaterDined on 11/21/2014From the time we received our confirmation phone call, and asked about any food allergies or aversions, we knew this was going to be an awesome experience. Not only were we asked these questions ahead of time, but our server knew everything ahead of time, customizing everything appropriately without discussion. We were warmly welcomed upon arrival. The service was spectacular, and the food (as usual) was amazing. Everyone who we dealt with was professional and friendly. The food was served beautifully, and no one left a morsel on their plates. There were many extra surprise touches that were lovely. The amount of effort that you witness in the Fromagerie, both in the food preparation and the staff, is very hard to find elsewhere. This is a winner, and we can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Night Out for TwoGeorgeHDined on 11/21/2014Took my wife to dinner there for here birthday. The service was excellent, with the somliere being of great help in choosing a good bottle of wine for the meal. The food was also very good. I had the wild boar, which was a special, and it was fantastic. My wife had the open faced ravioli, with crab and she enjoyed it. As an appetizer we had white truffle risotto, which was also a special. The presentation was fun, as they grated the truffle onto the risotto at the table. The coconut cake was a great dessert. I would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good But PriceyDinoDined on 11/19/2014The food was very good. The service was good. The ambiance was excellent. However the prices are very high and we can get good food, service and ambiance at other less expensive restaurants.Special Features:
- Great Food and Service but...AllaboutthefoodDined on 11/16/2014Very expensive wine list, with no choices for occasional wine enthusiasts.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Once again one of the best dinners in New Jersey.OpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 11/16/2014I always enjoy going, it is one of the best restaurants in New Jersey. Very expensive but worth every penny, go for special occasion. Food and Service outstanding. I had Tuna cooked to perfection and the short ribs feel off the bone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- first time and i am hooked excellentrosarioDined on 11/15/2014first time and i am hooked excellent service was great the chef came out to great us was awesome i would recommend to everyoneSpecial Features:
- AwesomePaddieDined on 11/15/2014Fantastic dinner the other night ! We had gone for Restaurant Week and the specials were to die for ! I had the Tuna which was out of this world and my wife had the cavetelli with beef. The service was fantastic and the location superb and dessert out of this world .Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FromagerieNonnaDined on 11/15/2014Excellent service, the food was superb and our server Michael made mus feel like we were regulars at the restaurant. The whole staff treated us like we were royalty and we really enjoyed every minute we were there. The cocktails were delicious too!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fromagerie a great disappointmentcocoDined on 11/12/2014We went for the restaurant week meal. We were a few minutes late but kept waiting for a table for 25 minutes. More importantly: the clam ravioli appetizer was terrible, with the pasta the consistency and taste of cardboard. Of the four entrees, a very limited selection even for this kind of menu, one had a supplementary charge of $25., basically bait and switch. Two of the party liked their entree, the tuna option, but the other two did not. The chicken was dry. Two of the party were enthusiastic about their desserts, two thought they were mediocre at best. Our server was very helpful.
- i always look forward to dining at Fromagerie.janetDined on 11/11/2014Good vibe, good food, good service. Very reliable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingRickieDined on 11/11/2014We arrived and were escorted to an upstairs room,with a long flight of difficult stairs. I am 87 years old! We were seated, it took the waiter 10 minutes to come over with the menu. We ordered wine, which took a half hour to get. We had already been served the chef's tidbit. VERY UNCOORDINATED SERVICE, RIGHT THRU THE MEAL. The food was very good, but my main course was served lukewarm. We have a B and B in the area and were anticipating a new recommendation for our clients. i
- very disappointingOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/11/20145 of us went on a Tuesday for burger night. It also happened to be restaurant week as well. The service was just okay, but the waiter was not that knowledgeable about the food. The salad that came with the burgers was sandy and had no flavor. The burgers were overcooked, instead of medium rare, they were medium well. The deserts that the kids ordered were very disappointing, since the waiter didn't describe very well what the kids would be getting, and they didn't want them. The price was ridiculous, and not worth it at all!!
- DisappointedMiddletownManVIPDined on 11/8/2014The problem(s) started when the waiter asked if we wanted to order a bottle of wine, and we told him we did but wanted to wait until we decided what we were eating. He said he'd send the sommelier - who never showed up. So halfway through our appetizer we anxiously flagged our waiter down and told him we didn't need the sommelier and put our order in. One of our appetizers was the cheese plate, so it would have been nice to enjoy that with some wine, but by the time the bottle arrived it was too late. As for the food, my wife ordered the truffle risotto (which was good) and I had the scallops, which were a little fishy and overwhelmed by the bitterness of the Brussels Sprouts. Overall this was a disappointing visit.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 11/8/2014I picked Fromagerie for my wife's birthday and since this restaurant was participating in Jersey Shore Restaurant Week. The food was great and the portion were not small. We have a great timeSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousIrenelfDined on 11/8/2014We came for a restaurant week dinner. Great menu, outstanding cuisine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TomTerrificDined on 11/8/2014From start to finish it was an outstanding night. I was 1/2 hour late for reservation and called them and no problem. We were seated promptly and had a fabulous dinner from a Taste of the Jersey Shore Special Menu. The whole night was special.Special Features:
- Our Special PlacegvbemeVIPDined on 11/8/2014Since it is an hours drive from our home, Fromagerie is saved for special occasions and we consider the trip well worth the fine food and excellent service. Our server, Karen, made us welcome like old friends and made recommendations on the cocktails, food and wine. She was also helpful in pair a perfect cheese tray for our post dinner enjoyment. Being the only restaurant that we know of that has a cheese course, we usually order one each time we come.Special Features:
- Very enjoyable experienceTravelingmanVIPDined on 11/7/2014Food was excellent, quiet room upstairs, JS Restaurant week menu was a nice selection and great foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wife's birthday dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 11/1/2014Took the wife out for her birthday dinner. We had a 8 pm reservation which I did not think it was that late. I was very disappointed that they ran out of the Lobster dinner. I was looking forward to having that all day. Otherwise the rest of the dinner was very good. I ended up having Ribeye. Portion are good and quality was excellant. The waiter was very attentative and knowledgeable of the menu.Special Features:
- Exceptional!LindaBVIPDined on 10/30/2014We chose Fromagerie for a quick getaway from NYC for our 27th wedding anniversary. Dinner at the restaurant and an overnight stay in Red Bank at a local inn. Upon our arrival, our server asked if we were celebrating anything special, soon after we received a complementary champagne toast. Our meal, the lobster Louie Thursday special, was spectacular!! I had the lobster salad, my husband enjoyed lobster with chanterelle succotash. For the main course we had Kung pao lobster, incredibly succulent! We each had the assortments of gelato and sorbetto, and we're surprised again with a special dessert from the pastry chef with a "happy anniversary" message in chocolate. The staff went over the top to make our 27th special. THANK YOU!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobandPoopsieBabyDined on 10/28/2014Went for Burger night. Fun, lively crowd as usual. The musician was absolutely terrible, really wished he would stop playing most of the time. My burger was overdone, probably close to medium well but I ordered medium rare. French fries somewhat limp, probably sat too long and suffered from their own steam. Should be able to get that right, especially when thats the focus of the bar menu on Tuesdays. Been to burger night number of times and this night was very much off for you.
- Perfect for our Anniversary.johnjmDined on 10/25/2014We had been to Fromagerie about 7 years ago and were looking for a place to celebrate our 12 year Anniversary. This was the perfect place. The wait staff (especially John) were wonderful and the food melted in your mouth. This is not for the budget friendly but definitely for spending a nice quiet evening with your significant other enjoying their company and amazing food. Our only suggestion is to skip the angry lobster but absolutely get the braised short rib over cavatelli pasta. It was so tender no knife was required. Hopefully we will be back sooner than 7 years.Special Features:
- Good for a special nightBColbyDined on 10/25/2014Due to the high price, I only come to this restaurant once every few years. Waitstaff are well trained and know their menu well, and they take care to inquire about any celebrations and any food allergies. Their wine list is intimidating. I ordered the least expensive bottle at $80, not expecting much since it was a bargain price-but it was great. The sommelier and server both commented that I picked an excellent wine, which they must say to everyone since it was the cheapest on the list. The food is creative, but most entrees are expensive and small. Example: at $46, the lamb special consisted of 2 tiny morsels...hardly enough to satisfy, even after we each had an appetizer. It's a special evening, but be prepared to spend a lot of $.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jackiebVIPDined on 10/24/2014As always the restaurant was superb. Our waitress Karen was one of the best we've ever had. Would absolutely recommend. Have been here many times and will continue to do so.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointingDeliceDined on 10/24/2014We were there for a very special occasion and planned on having a very special meal. The Ceasar Salad thst is supposed to be prepared table side was only tossed and served at the table. All the ingredients were already in the bowl. Shame on you. The cowboy ribeye that was very costly was tasteless. The chocolate soufflé was the best part of the meal. I would think twice before eating there again.
- Best dinner experience in NJHenderson1Dined on 10/18/2014I've eaten at fancy restaurants of this quality a few times in NY, but never in NJ. The food was great, and the staff was even better (the chef even came out to introduce himself). Our waitor Michael was perfect, always around when we needed him, but never seemed intrusive. And to top it off, being our anniversary they offered us complimentary champagne.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/16/2014I had the lobster price fixed. The corn bisque was nice. The lobster was of poor quality, overcooked, I needed a knife to cut the tail. I was disappointed as I have had lots better in many places. The dessert was good but nothing was great or warranted the exorbitant prices.
- Special nightJimGrazDined on 10/14/2014If you are looking for a special night out, or a one of a kind burger, this place is for you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BobsDined on 10/11/2014Always a great experience. We are lucky to have it close to us. The Dover sole is fantastic. It is never in any other restaurants in my area. The food is elegant and high quality with a touch of whimsy I.e the donuts and cotton candy for dessertSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A mustOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/10/2014From the minute we opened the door to go in to the moment we opened the door to leave, everything was stellar. The ambiance, service, food. Great experience m.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not worth itfoodieNJVIPDined on 10/10/2014This place has ok quality food but not at the level of high end restaurants (the way it is priced). Way overpriced for the quality. We often go to other restaurants of this price point but at least we get to have an experience every time, not here...
- TerrificMeeMee3VIPDined on 10/9/2014We've been patrons for years and they never disappoint. Everything is always creatively delicious and wonderfully presented.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/5/2014I dined here with my wife and 1 year old son this past Sunday and had a truly amazing time, the appetizers were unique and delicious, corn bisque, chicken confit , we ordered a ribeye wich was cooked perfectly had great amount of fat and full of flavor, the service was very accommodating for my child's needs, it's great to have such a well renowned restaurant close to home with amazing cocktails and wines, great service, and outstanding food! Don't let other reviews on price and quality distract you! Must go!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MIkeDDined on 10/4/2014outstanding service and attention to detail- we absolutley love this place!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- David Burke FromagerieLeeyannDined on 10/2/2014Interesting and varied menu choices, service superb, very enjoyable dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great mealLuvGdFdDined on 9/28/2014A great evening. They hit all the marks.service, food and ambiance. I will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OutstandingEllinjDined on 9/27/2014Our dining experience was beyond our expectations. For starters, our server, Asia, was fantastic. She was attentive to our needs and superb. We didn't feel rushed at all and her timing was perfect. The food was phenomenal and a true culinary experience. The amuse bouche truly got our taste buds tingling. Short ribs with cavatelli were delicious. Our desserts (with a preview of the chef's talents with fresh sorbet---wow!) were out of this world. We went for our anniversary and this was truly a special dining experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointmentTomsriverottoDined on 9/20/2014Waiter forgot our cheeseboard appetizer then tried to cover it up saying he thought we wanted it after our salad. Table next to us was a bunch of loud drunks dressed like slobs. We went for our wedding anniversary. We'll never go back.Special Features: