David Burke Fishtail
135 E 62nd Street
New York, NY 10065Neighborhood:
Upper East Side
SeafoodPrice: $50 and over
David Burke Fishtail
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.fishtaildb.com/
- Phone: 2127541300x
- Hours of Operation:
Sat & Sun 12:00pm-4:00pm
Sat 4:00pm - 11:00pm;
Mon-Sat 3:00pm - 6:00pm
Sun 12:00pm - 6:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Seafood, American
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: Group and private dining can be accommodated from 12 – 150. Our culinary team can customize your menu to meet your every need. Email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more.
A word from David Burke Fishtail
Celebrated Chef David Burke unveils David Burke Fishtail, a new innovative seafood concept on Manhattan’s Upper East Side. Located in a historic townhouse, the bi-level eatery combines casual late-night dining with a casual bar in the ground floor bar with traditional sit-down service in the main second floor dining room. Fishtail offers the freshest fare – provided by Litchfield Farms as well as their own company-owned fishing boat out of Brielle, NJ. Known for its sustainable seafood, Litchfield Farms compliments Burke’s & Hara’s beliefs in providing diners with the highest quality ingredients that do not compromise on integrity. Together, they have created a menu of 85 percent sustainable seafood which is coded with levels of authenticity for guests’ reference. The 120 seat restaurant is located at 135 East 62nd St. between Park & Lexington Aves.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
David Burke Fishtail reviews from OpenTable diners
295 reviews since June 25, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (158)special occasion (131)neighborhood gem (113)romantic (64)notable wine list (57)vibrant bar scene (53)hot spot (44)great for lunch (43)great for brunch (33)good for groups (32)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (5)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- 50th Anniversary TreatWeluvXVIPDined on 10/18/2014Each of our 3 course PrixFixe dinners was presented beautifully and tasted even better. The complimentary popovers were unusual & good. Kale salad, coconut squash soup and pastrami lox appetizers were tasty as was the delicious black cod and arctic char salmon entrees. Our ending with 3 flavored sorbet and tartes was perfect.Special Features:
- Service is not in their vocab!MUdinerDined on 10/17/2014Very disappointed with the service. Only one bartender providing drinks to the entire restaurant. Had to drink a martini out of a rocks glass because they said they were out of them. Waiter seemed uninterested and did not let us know during our meal that if we wanted the cake in a can for dessert that it would take 20 minutes. One positive thing is that the cake in the can was outstanding!Special Features:
- Very disappointingLucky1VIPDined on 10/13/2014We expected more from the reviews. Good was mediocre and not a pleasant dining experience. Crowded and noisy. With all the fine choices in NYC, would not recommend this one.Special Features:
- Perfect...as alwaysTennisDined on 10/12/2014Great food and wonderful staff. Always a pleasure to dine here and Never Disappointed!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- UninspiredDee1VIPDined on 10/11/2014Our first visit 3 yeas ago was wonderful. This visit was not. Lobster soup lacked flavor. Tuna main course came significantly over cooked. I had asked for rare tuna as it should be served and received fish approaching medium. The rigatoni with chorizo and lobster tasted no better than what one would get at an average Italian restaurant. Sticker price of 100 dollars per person was outrageous for the quality of food we received. Service, while friendly and solicitous, was very slow
- Excellent as always.DaveDined on 10/8/2014The food was fantastic. I had the Angry Tails appetizer and the Salt Roasted Branzino as an entree. Both were wonderful.Special Features:
- food great but service was poorCHARLEYVIPDined on 10/5/2014altho the food did not disappoint,service slow and when we were told why it was taking over 20 min to get our dessert we had to ask for it our dessert and our waiter was no where to be seen and the hostess explained that the regular desset chef was not in and so the delays--we only had the prix fixe dessert selection, a tart and one vanilla ice cream.. We go the tart after long wait and then had to ask again for the ice cream.Special Features:
- It was FABULOUS! A real find!!LoisVDined on 10/5/2014Excellent food and service that sets the bar for excellence. Met the manager, Kat, and got to tell her how much we enjoyed our dinner, drinks and desserts!! Will definitely come back and recommend this restaurant to our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very goodGoodfoodDined on 9/30/2014We had reservation on Tuesday night for 5:30. By 6:30 every table was taken. The service was very good. We had a simple green salad, grill arctic char and simply grilled Scottish salmon. All were very delicious. The atmosphere is very nice. However, like most of the things in NYC it is expensive. My glass of wine $18. Anyways, the dinner for 2 was $210. However, as I indicated before, every table was taken. They must be doing something right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Mrs. TOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/29/2014Fishtail is a recent discovery. First visit was lunch and returned for dinner a week later. Did not disappoint both times. Fishtail will be my go-to place or my "dining room" from now on. Their prix fixe lunch menu is good and priced reasonably but the dinner one is a tad expensive at $49.95! Good food, service and atmosphere. Highly recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BarbaraDined on 9/27/2014Attentive staff; delicious and creative menu; wine offerings a bit priceySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- App nightTravel123Dined on 9/27/2014I went to Fishtail with my husband, son (20), and daughter (13) and we decided to order all appetizers. The pretzel encrusted crab cake was our favorite but all 7 apps that we ordered were fantastic! We would definitely return!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LobstersbernieDined on 9/27/2014Never had this in rated restaurant. Lobster was terribly undercooked.
- Dinning out!RodandcoDined on 9/26/2014We are from out of town from a city with very varied and fine restaurants and wanted to have a night out with good food and a place to talk and relax. We achieved the second but for the first it was difficult because of the ambience noise interfered with our friend hearing aid,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Not Good EnoughSpringerDined on 9/21/2014This restaurant really doesn't live up to it's own hype. When I visited several items were off the menu though what I ate as a main course (salt roasted cod) was very good. The Raw Bar is really just a choice of two oysters (one West, one East) whereas other establishments in NY manage 10 or more, and the cleaning of the oysters was not the high standard expected. The service was OK but on a quiet night there were two many of the front of house staff paying too much attention to their "friends" and quaffing wine under the pretence of wine tasting! Praise for the barman though - he at least was trying to get some atmosphere going.
- We celebrated our 27th AnniversaryBigdog814Dined on 9/20/2014The service was outstanding with attn. to detail the food was awesomely deliciousSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, average service at bestApsaraDudeVIPDined on 9/18/2014The seafood is so good it makes up for the rude maître d' and the lackluster service. Upon arrival, be prepared to be treated like you're fortunate to have an opportunity to be graced with a table despite having a reservation and there being plenty of free tables. You may also have to order drinks more than once and switch plates every course with fellow dinners when bus boys, not waiters, drop others' food in front of you. Portions are small but food is delicious. Try the crab cakes, tuna and lobster, miso cod and Dover sole.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect BirthdayOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 9/13/2014Chose Fishtail to celebrate my husbands 40th Birthday along with friends of ours. It was highly recommended to us and it did not disappoint. Yummy food, exceptional service and very thoughtful details!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CarisCarisDined on 9/13/2014The food was not as we expect it. Xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxixoxoxoxo
- Expensive WineALSnycVIPDined on 9/9/2014Although I really enjoyed the food in the restaurant and the setting, I was somewhat shocked at how much every bottle of wine was $85 or more. It made a normal expensive New York restaurant too pricey for me. I like the place but if you're a wine drinker be prepared
- good for restaurant weekOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 9/9/2014food is good. Restaurant lacks something that would make a customer excited about it. wasnt extremely impressed. Would go back during restaurant week as the prices are a little inflatedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Special Occasion Place...jdlkVIPDined on 9/6/2014...or to impress out-of-town guests. Food is great (as long as you like seafood since that's the theme), service is attentive but not cloying and atmosphere is very elegant. Food is wonderful--great seafood in interesting preparations. Only negative is that it is quite loud just due to many people talking. Acoustics could be a bit better although it doesn't stop me from returning. Very enjoyable evening.Special Features:
- Townhouse funDenbyDined on 9/6/2014The food was excellent. Wonderful oysters, clams and lobster. My nobi tuna main course was delicious. The servers were all upbeat and friendly, and the tables were sensibly spaced. The restaurant was filled with people of all ages and they offer a three course price fixed menu as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rocdocVIPDined on 9/6/2014Comfortable room. Service was very professional and the "Angry sauce" with the grilled prawns was wonderful.Special Features:
- Consistency is the Key to SuccessDGNYCVIPDined on 9/5/2014Another magnificent meal at DB Fishtail! Love the food, love the atmosphere and love the service! Couldn't be better!Special Features:
- You don't have to love fish...Lavelocita27Dined on 9/4/2014Downstairs: friendly looking and inviting neighborhood hang. At dinner, dress was after work mixed with UES very casual. Very conducive to grabbing a table and the experience, with nice transition to, Upstairs: comfortable, unpretentious feel of pretty old brownstone. Service very friendly, knowledgeable. Perfectly constructed menu with dishes rangeing from simple to creative - without the usual showy, overly complex concoctions that mask quality. Every appetizer and entree excite and impress to the max in both quality and execution - shocked to say this is destination #1 from now on. Not insignificant is the fact that the price was half of what I've been paying at LB and Atlantic. One extremely minor issue - the table for 2 very small. GOSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- robbyDined on 8/30/2014I would recommend this even for an early dinner. Everyone is warm and friendly and makes each patron feel important, which is a delightful way to embark upon a superb dining experience.Special Features:
- Great timeFormerButterFanVIPDined on 8/27/2014I didn't know that they had a $49 prix fixe menu but that was a pleasant surprise that might take me back there more often.Special Features:
- It was just okDiner1111VIPDined on 8/26/2014This is my third visit. I still don't get it. The pastrami cured salmon was decent but far from the excellent quality salmon available so many places. The salmon main course was requested medium rare; it was overcooked. The quinoa side was oily and unpleasant; the artichoke hummus with tough-as-a-board naan was inedible. Steamed bass was bland, and mahi-mahi was ok. Brussels sprouts were greasy. I had been warned against the blueberry tart and found the dessert listing unappealing. Overall, the food was ok, the service good. But I'm not rushing back.
- Great Food - Bad Bus ServiceBouludDined on 8/23/2014Same as ever. Love the food. Not fond of the service. Very erratic pacing to the service and always leave you hanging too long at the end of your meal.Special Features:
- Fishtail is a WinFoodie16Dined on 8/23/2014The shellfish tower was great, the entrées were amazing and of course had to go with the cheese cake lollipops(you should too).Special Features:
- Great seafoodluv2catsDined on 8/22/2014Great raw bar platter for 2. Nice ambience on the ground floor near the bar.Special Features:
- Fish at Its Best!diniVIPDined on 8/22/2014From the warm greeting as soon as you step in the door of the lovely Upper East Side townhouse, to the outstanding selection of wonderfully prepared fish, Fishtail does its very best to ensure a fine dining experience. Elegant without being stuffy, this is a place for a Sunday night dinner or a special occasion!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for groups.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/20/2014Food was ok. Price sky high. Atmosphere ok. Service was awesome. Would recommend to first timers, you be the judge. Only thought it was pretty good because of the occasion.Special Features:
- ServiceJmaclightingDined on 8/18/2014I would rate the dining experience and service amongst the highest I have been to in a long time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible ExperiencedissapointednycDined on 8/17/2014Hello. From the time we sat down to the signing of the check. Our waiter brought the wrong water, after repeating "sparkling"twice; a martini took 20 min to arrive; we waited 15 min for the nonexistent sommelier, and after pointing to the wine we selected, someone brought a higher priced/diff vintage and it felt like bait and switch. Once corrected, the woman who opened the wine was very sloppy about it. I was brought my soup and waited 5 min for a spoon. Thankfully ,it was chilled. Finally, the waiter, with only 2 tables left at the end of the evening, gave us the wrong check! We could only laugh!
- good pointsjackiebVIPDined on 8/17/2014restaurant was just as i expected. have been here many times.the food is very good, service exceptional. i dont eat dessert and the waiter went across the street to buy a banana so that they could prepare a fruit dessert to my liking.Special Features:
- Nice place for a dateFoodAnonymousDined on 8/15/2014First, the food was excellent. The desserts (Peach Parfait and the Peanut Butter Jelly Bar) were good however they were too sweet. One of the other desserts might have been better. The place was very nice and decor was very good. Please be aware that everyone is dressed nicely. Most of the guys had blazers and women had nice dresses. I think this is a great place to bring a date and to come for special occasions with a small group. The service is really excellent.Special Features:
- Entree less than spectacularOotiegirlDined on 8/15/2014This was the second time I visited this restaurant. The service is wonderful and they are very accommodating to special requests. The appetizers were wonderful, as was the dessert, especially the Cheesecake lollipops! However, the entrée, we had the Nori Tuna, which was spiceless and the Branzino which while good, was nothing special. All in all a nice experience though.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/14/2014We went here for restaurant week dinner. The food was excellent, especially the dessert. The blueberries tarte was exquisite. The drink were a bit pricey but it's a high end restaurant. The service was very good. Overall excellent experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.