Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
800 Hillgrove Ave, Ste 100
Western Springs, IL 60558Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.davantienoteca.com/
- Phone: 7087831060x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday 10:00am -2:00pm
Monday & Tuesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Jon Court
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Service Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: A beautiful rustic party room featuring wood and brick taking our guests back to an ancient Italian cavern. Seats up to 35 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jorie Jelinek 708-212-3040x
- Special Events: Our next Wine Dinner will be held on Thursday, November 20th. Please call the restaurant to reserve your place.
A word from Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
Davanti Enoteca is a rustic small plate Italian wine bar. It features a large lounge area, main dining room as well as a private party room which can accommodate up to 40 guests. The center of the main dining room features an authentic pizza oven where guests can observe hand made pizzas being prepared by our talented pizza makers. The comfortable rustic setting features lots of wood, brick, and classic lighting with an incredible sound system for our guests to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs - Best Restaurants in Western Springs ›
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since June 27, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (93)fit for foodies (83)great for outdoor dining (66)good for groups (60)notable wine list (46)special occasion (40)hot spot (32)vibrant bar scene (27)great for lunch (25)romantic (20)great for brunch (20)kid-friendly (17)late-night find (10)scenic view (2)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 10/18/2014Huge noise level but all 3 of us loved this restaurant and will go again. Food is so good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BGBGEatsDined on 10/11/2014Have liked this location in the past (food, ambience, staff...). However, was disappointed on this occasion in that we felt rushed. After waiting 20+ minutes for our table (no big deal - place was crowded and staff was nice), first wave of appetizers arrived within 2 minutes and entree's within 4 minutes of ordering. While I applaud the "McDonald's-like" efficiency, we simply felt rushed. Not trying to "Bash" Davanti - I like the concept and many aspects of the place. Will just think twice before going back unless I want a quick meal...
- birthday dinnersheefiVIPDined on 10/11/2014our waiter was outstanding and we had a great time. just want to mention that your red wine should probably be kept a little cooler (optimal temp 56-60 deg); we had 3 bottles of Planet Oregon which is a great wine, but they were all kind of warm food was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First Time & Will Be BackchrischicagoVIPDined on 10/6/2014It was our first time and everything on the menu sounded great along w/many things you don't see at other restaurants. Our food was wonderful and will be back!
- Anniversary stopeppchicagoDined on 10/4/2014My husband & I stopped in late on our Anniversary. I recommend the escarole salad- big enough for two! Or- the butternut squash/faro salad.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Western Springs findFagasDined on 10/4/2014This restaurant is under new ownership following an Italian restaurant that closed at this location. Whatever that restaurant lacked (pretty much everything) this restaurant excels at. Great food with a wide variety of choices, innovative recipes and an unbelievable wine list. The service was superb. Great atmosphere, kind of makes you feel like you are in Italy. This is one of our new favorites. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- cocoDined on 10/4/2014Always outstanding food and service! Bon Appetite!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great restaurant!OpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 10/4/2014Wonderful food,excellent wait staffer loved everything about the restaurantSpecial Features:
- finedine2012Dined on 9/27/2014did not enjoy. very loud,not conversation friendly at all. dinner was just ok.service,fair,
- Another great mealWallycatVIPDined on 9/25/2014Our server was excellent. It's not easy serving a group of 8 women and she has great suggestions. The meatballs were excellent and the ricatta with honey was fabulous. I will continue to come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood spotFranckoDined on 9/23/2014Our second time here. Food was very good at reasonable prices. Kale salad was excellent.Special Features:
- Yummy!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/20/2014Everything tastes as good as it sounds here. Even though we've yet to try some items, and have ordered some of the same items multiple times, we can't resist the flavors of our favorites.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a great mealdomesticdiva1Dined on 9/20/2014I have been to Davanti several times & it never disappoints. The focaccia, daily ragout & beet salad are some of our favorites. Service was great. We sat in the bar, which was fun but a little loud. Also, I do wish they would change their menu & make it more seasonal. The menu has been the same since they opened.Special Features:
- 2nd TimezimbaDined on 9/20/2014The first time at the restaurant about 9 months ago we had a great meal but I can't say the same this time. We had the bruscetta and it was dry and unseasoned, the pear salad was the highlight of the meal, the pasta dish was ordinary and the hanger steak was good but not worth the price. Overall the meal was very expensive and not worth the price. We did get seated right upon arrival and the waitress was attentive but the wait staff took away our dishes before we even set our forks down making us feel like they were trying to rush us out. It was disappointing because it is always great to have a fun, local restaurant available.Special Features:
- Very niceToolwomanDined on 9/19/2014Went early to dine on the patio for my birthday. Everyone was very attentive and tried to make they day special for me. Cheese and salumi board (I just can't believe they were out of two cheeses on a Thursday) and cace de pep later with some wine. Nice day... Nice outing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great for brunchmelissabmurrayVIPDined on 9/14/2014I have been to the location in the city multiple times for dinner but never went for brunch. Now I know how much I was missing out!! The brunch was just as good as the dinner and some of our favorite dishes were still offered at brunch! Definitely a great option for brunch in the suburbs!Special Features:
- Another great meal!WallycatVIPDined on 9/13/2014Loved our meal! Good cheeses for appetizers. The service was excellent. The ricotta with honey and bread was fabulous. Loved the pollenta and the pasta dishes. The kale salad was very good as well. As a bonus we were given gelato at the end of our meal. I'm coming back with a group next week. Good wine and cocktail list as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great place!BemochaVIPDined on 9/13/2014Have been here several times and have not been disappointed once. Delicious food and wonderful atmosphere and service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- slipping...PickyVIPDined on 9/12/2014I was there for lunch this week and service was terrible. The restaurant is supposed to be open at 11:30 I got there at 11:40 an the door was locked. hostess promptly opened it and apologized. It took 10+ minutes before waiter and (trainee I think) came to get a drink order. Another 10+ for the waiter to return and get our food order. he was busy watching TV! Then after our food was served he (or the trainee) never came back to see if we wanted anything else, (which we did) We couldn't even flag him down. The table next to us had the same problem to the point where the hostess had to take their order because the waiter had not been to their table yet. be careful Davanti, there are too many other GREAT place popping up.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food, Sub-Standard ServiceEspoVIPDined on 9/6/2014It is really a shame that I can't give Davanti better marks, but we found the service to be slow and inattentive throughout our entire dinner. It took some time for our waiter to make contact, and probably another ten minutes before we received our drinks. Dishes were slow to make their way out of the kitchen, and the wait staff was even slower in removing the empty dishes from our table. Our waiter seemed very chatty with other tables, at the expense of ours, and it took a good 20-30 minute between last dish and finally receiving our check. Overall, the food was very good, and the concept of Italian small plates is something we have enjoyed in the past. Judging by other reviews, this place might be worth a second chance.Special Features:
- Great food, unbearable noiseOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 9/6/2014We were very impressed with the food and service but found communication impossible with the noise level. This was exacerbated with a very loud group at a nearby table.
- imnfpVIPDined on 9/5/2014We had a great server tonight. She came by routinely to see if we needed anything. The food was also outstanding! We had the special watermelon salad as well as the special polenta. From the moment we arrived, we were enthusiastically greeted. I cannot say enough good things about this dinner.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 9/3/2014We love Davanti Enoteca! The food is wonderful and the atmosphere is great. Wine list is superb, too.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningLauraDined on 9/2/2014Our group of 6 included some new to Davanti. Everyone enjoyed the meal. Our waitress was very helpful in guiding us through the menu and making suggestions, something which is so helpful unless the patron eats there often. And even then, suggestions are great. We had a lovely evening on the patio, until part way through, several at our table were being attacked by mosquitoes (which seem particularly bad this year, no fault of the restaurant). We were quickly and seamlessly moved inside. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Timing could be betternoneVIPDined on 9/1/2014Had dinner on the patio on Labor Day. They were not very busy. Food, as always, was delicious. Loved the featured bruschetta, rigatoni and hangar steak. Did not like the fact that the entrees were served at different times, i.e, my wife's rigatoni came out 10 minutes before my hangar steak. Their explanation was that the chef wants food to get to the table when it's ready -- and hot. Couldn't this be accomplished better by timing the entree preparation in the kitchen? No one like to eat alone.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food great & dependableLocalLinnaDined on 8/30/2014Several visits, food always good to great. Very busy, so this visit was very noisy. And the techno-boom-boom music was a bit overwhelming. Still the best place in Western Springs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We recently dined At Davanti & enjoyed the delicious food & vibrant atmosphere. However, service was not good ( half of our party did not receive their entrees until the other half had almost completed theirs.) I realize the offerings are small plates & sometimes shared, but we shared appetizers & ordered separate entrees. The noise level in the restaurant made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Scott has done a great job by bringing his talent to Western Springs we had just dined at the Taylor Street location a week before going to Western Springs Great Food, Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Inventive MenuPatPVIPDined on 8/29/2014Besides a wonderful patio and down to earth yet attentive service, Davanti's menu has some very intriguing, seldom found items, based on Northern Italian cooking. What a breath of fresh air from a friendly restaurant that dares to be creatively different. Was hard to pick from several very innovative options. Delicate polenta (with mascarpone, yum!) & pork shoulder ragu - delicious! Portions just right. Almond cake with mascarpone and sour cherries was exquisite. Chocolate-hazelnut gelato as good as what you might find in a Roman piazza. The long "tavola" at the front of the restaurant looks very inviting for a group. Awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good but the noise level is so high that you could barely have a conversation. Our table was right by the kitchen entrance and that made conversation next to impossible. It was my first time at this restaurant and I don't think I would go back.Special Features:
- A quick review.funnanaDined on 8/18/2014Menu varied, food delicious, service unobtrusive and timely. The weather was perfect for dining out. Wish we weren't overlooking a parking lot, but it is much better than being on the street, especially at train times!!!! They do make an effort to make the patio attractive, though.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Just a hair shy of the Taylor Street location when it comes to ambiance and food.Special Features:
- Davanti - Very Good!MOLTDined on 8/16/2014The food was awesome from the start. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we tried. The octopus and the focaccia were outstanding. Barbara, our server, was a bundle of energy and made some great recommendations for our large group. We will definitely be heading back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was usual - good. Service not up to standard in past. Maybe she was too busy tonightSpecial Features:
- A GreatfulEaterAGreatfulEaterDined on 8/10/2014Our Anniversary Date night was exceptional thanks to Davanti!! While as casual as a neighborhood spot, the food is Amazingly downtown!! The service is exceptional, but the food = Extraordinary!! Will see you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is a disservicecanweeatoutDined on 8/4/2014had friends come out from the city to enjoy dinner at davanti, our local gem. well, right from the start our server was very quiet and lackluster (could barely hear her-and only 3 other tables were occupied). her wine recommendation based on notes that were obviously wrong, was the opposite of what we wanted. we ordered another bottle and were told "this is our last one, by the way". finally, mid-meal, a more seasoned hostess stopped by to ask if we wanted more wine(because our bottle was obviously empty). The 2 she recommended were both out of stock.took over 25 minutes to get our "vasi", which were ordered first and one of their specialties.dessert menus brought before our entree arrived.food was great but service spotty at best.a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchbuttercupDined on 8/4/2014Davanti is an energetic night spot, but don't overlook it for lunch. The variety and creativity of offerings were fabulous. We felt like we were dining at a lovely French cafe.Special Features:
- One of the best in the burbsNickMVIPDined on 8/2/2014Davanti breaks out of the mediocrity of the suburban restaurant scene. It's the same excellent quality you'd get downtown, but in a location that's remarkably convenient for those in the area. Unless you're celiac or lactose intolerant, you have no excuse for not getting the focaccia. It's incredible, especially with the honey, which balances the tang of the cheese. Our asparagus salad was bright and satisfying. The zucchini flower and crab pizza was good, but the crab was overshadowed. I had the mushroom pizza on a previous visit, and it was better. The drinks aren't cheap, but they're made well. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was perfectly lively without being overly loud. I could go to Davanti every week.Special Features:
- Delicious foodLocalLinnaDined on 8/2/2014Every dish was wonderful - especially the kale salad and the beet salad. Now that I'm becoming a regular, I'm hoping that they'll add some specials, as I'm working my way through the whole menu. Just a bit noisy - you might call that hopping and lively, or just a bit overpowering. So happy to have a dependable place in Western Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!ArizonaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Davanti has the BEST food. We love going there for dinner. Their burger is out of this world great! Also, we had the arabiata app that I now must have again. Just a terrific place. Whatever they are doing, don't stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.