Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
800 Hillgrove Ave, Ste 100
Western Springs, IL 60558Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.davantienoteca.com/
- Phone: 7087831060x
- Hours of Operation:
Saturday 11:00am - 2:00pm
Sunday 10:00am -2:00pm
Monday & Tuesday: 11:30am - 9:00pm
Wednesday & Thursday: 11:30am - 9:30pm
Friday: 11:30am - 10:00pm
Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm
Sunday: 10:00am - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Contemporary Italian, Italian, Wine Bar
- Executive Chef: Jon Court
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Full Service Catering Available
- Private Party Facilities: A beautiful rustic party room featuring wood and brick taking our guests back to an ancient Italian Cavern. Seats up to 40 guests.
- Private Party Contact: Jorie Jelinek 708-212-3040x
- Special Events: Check out our future wine dinners!!!
A word from Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs
Davanti Enoteca is a rustic small plate Italian wine bar. It features a large lounge area, main dining room as well as a private party room which can accommodate up to 40 guests. The center of the main dining room features an authentic pizza oven where guests can observe hand made pizzas being prepared by our talented pizza makers. The comfortable rustic setting features lots of wood, brick, and classic lighting with an incredible sound system for our guests to enjoy.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerItalian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeighborhood Gem
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs - Best Restaurants in Western Springs ›
Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs reviews from OpenTable diners
132 reviews since May 6, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (100)fit for foodies (86)great for outdoor dining (75)good for groups (64)notable wine list (50)special occasion (42)vibrant bar scene (34)hot spot (30)great for brunch (28)great for lunch (26)romantic (24)kid-friendly (22)late-night find (9)Show More
- Food great & dependableLocalLinnaDined on 8/30/2014Several visits, food always good to great. Very busy, so this visit was very noisy. And the techno-boom-boom music was a bit overwhelming. Still the best place in Western Springs.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/29/2014We recently dined At Davanti & enjoyed the delicious food & vibrant atmosphere. However, service was not good ( half of our party did not receive their entrees until the other half had almost completed theirs.) I realize the offerings are small plates & sometimes shared, but we shared appetizers & ordered separate entrees. The noise level in the restaurant made conversation difficult.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/29/2014Scott has done a great job by bringing his talent to Western Springs we had just dined at the Taylor Street location a week before going to Western Springs Great Food, Outstanding serviceSpecial Features:
- Inventive MenuPatPVIPDined on 8/29/2014Besides a wonderful patio and down to earth yet attentive service, Davanti's menu has some very intriguing, seldom found items, based on Northern Italian cooking. What a breath of fresh air from a friendly restaurant that dares to be creatively different. Was hard to pick from several very innovative options. Delicate polenta (with mascarpone, yum!) & pork shoulder ragu - delicious! Portions just right. Almond cake with mascarpone and sour cherries was exquisite. Chocolate-hazelnut gelato as good as what you might find in a Roman piazza. The long "tavola" at the front of the restaurant looks very inviting for a group. Awesome dining experience.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 8/22/2014The food was very good but the noise level is so high that you could barely have a conversation. Our table was right by the kitchen entrance and that made conversation next to impossible. It was my first time at this restaurant and I don't think I would go back.Special Features:
- A quick review.funnanaDined on 8/18/2014Menu varied, food delicious, service unobtrusive and timely. The weather was perfect for dining out. Wish we weren't overlooking a parking lot, but it is much better than being on the street, especially at train times!!!! They do make an effort to make the patio attractive, though.Special Features:
- Great dining experienceFoodieVIPDined on 8/17/2014Just a hair shy of the Taylor Street location when it comes to ambiance and food.Special Features:
- Davanti - Very Good!MOLTDined on 8/16/2014The food was awesome from the start. We thoroughly enjoyed everything we tried. The octopus and the focaccia were outstanding. Barbara, our server, was a bundle of energy and made some great recommendations for our large group. We will definitely be heading back soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 8/13/2014Food was usual - good. Service not up to standard in past. Maybe she was too busy tonightSpecial Features:
- A GreatfulEaterAGreatfulEaterDined on 8/10/2014Our Anniversary Date night was exceptional thanks to Davanti!! While as casual as a neighborhood spot, the food is Amazingly downtown!! The service is exceptional, but the food = Extraordinary!! Will see you again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- service is a disservicecanweeatoutDined on 8/4/2014had friends come out from the city to enjoy dinner at davanti, our local gem. well, right from the start our server was very quiet and lackluster (could barely hear her-and only 3 other tables were occupied). her wine recommendation based on notes that were obviously wrong, was the opposite of what we wanted. we ordered another bottle and were told "this is our last one, by the way". finally, mid-meal, a more seasoned hostess stopped by to ask if we wanted more wine(because our bottle was obviously empty). The 2 she recommended were both out of stock.took over 25 minutes to get our "vasi", which were ordered first and one of their specialties.dessert menus brought before our entree arrived.food was great but service spotty at best.a shame.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Perfect lunchbuttercupDined on 8/4/2014Davanti is an energetic night spot, but don't overlook it for lunch. The variety and creativity of offerings were fabulous. We felt like we were dining at a lovely French cafe.Special Features:
- One of the best in the burbsNickMVIPDined on 8/2/2014Davanti breaks out of the mediocrity of the suburban restaurant scene. It's the same excellent quality you'd get downtown, but in a location that's remarkably convenient for those in the area. Unless you're celiac or lactose intolerant, you have no excuse for not getting the focaccia. It's incredible, especially with the honey, which balances the tang of the cheese. Our asparagus salad was bright and satisfying. The zucchini flower and crab pizza was good, but the crab was overshadowed. I had the mushroom pizza on a previous visit, and it was better. The drinks aren't cheap, but they're made well. Our server was friendly and attentive, and the atmosphere was perfectly lively without being overly loud. I could go to Davanti every week.Special Features:
- Delicious foodLocalLinnaDined on 8/2/2014Every dish was wonderful - especially the kale salad and the beet salad. Now that I'm becoming a regular, I'm hoping that they'll add some specials, as I'm working my way through the whole menu. Just a bit noisy - you might call that hopping and lively, or just a bit overpowering. So happy to have a dependable place in Western Springs.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LOVE this place!ArizonaVIPDined on 8/2/2014Davanti has the BEST food. We love going there for dinner. Their burger is out of this world great! Also, we had the arabiata app that I now must have again. Just a terrific place. Whatever they are doing, don't stop.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food is Consistently good!MM1962Dined on 8/1/2014Love the outdoor area, comfortable and pretty. Staff is friendly and service is good. The bus boys are terrific and are very attentive. Needless to say the food is terrific. Love, love the polenta and mushroom pizza! It's great to have a local place doing so well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LFTnkDined on 7/19/2014Great food and service. Went for a dinner with 7. All thoroughly enjoyed the appetizers, dinner and deserts. We were seated promptly, and service was excellent. Manager and waitress were attentive and friendly. Could not have been a better night. We definitely will be back and tell friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great ambienceCindyDined on 7/11/2014I love the feel of this restaurant. It's very welcoming. The staff is friendly, they explain the menu for first-timers. The menu items are unique and flavorful. My favorite is the hangar steak and the pork shoulder ragu on top of polenta. The desserts were tasty too. I'll definitely be returning!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great as always!OpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 7/9/2014I always look forward to my meals here. We had terrific service and our food came out promptly.Special Features:
- Great neighborhood watering hole.lovetocruise2Dined on 7/9/2014This is a wonderful addition to W.S. The more good restaurants in the area the better. The food is great especially the polenta and ragu of the day. Every dish in all of the times I have been there has been very good and enjoyed by the whole party.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- our dinner and serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 7/3/2014We had a nice dinner and would could back again. However, our waitress acted like she really didn't enjoy doing what she was doing and never even tried to converse with us. It was not that busy and she would quickly come and ask what we wanted to drink and then quickly left. The dinner is always more enjoyable when the person waiting on you cares about your table and is pleasant. The food was great. We got the burger and leek and mushroom pizza. The ambience was also very inviting. It had a very rustic feel to it. The outdoor seating looked nice as well.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food in Western SpringsLocalLinnaDined on 6/28/2014Second trip, excellent food on both visits. Wait staff is very knowledgeable and not pushy. Recommend the skate - every mouthful was superb! Hanger steak was fine, but not exceptional. So excited to have a great restaurant in Western Springs! Finally.Special Features:
- Good - Fun for GroupsMegBDined on 6/28/2014Great for groups as the dishes are made to share, so everyone can try a little of many things. All our dishes were delicious, the ragu polenta is a must!! The octopus was ok, but I would not order it again...other items were better on the menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood place for dinnerWallycatVIPDined on 6/25/2014Everything was great! The polenta was amazing as well as the pasta and salad! The bread pudding dessert was outstanding. Our server was the best! Fun, effecient, and helpful. The bartender was awesome too. A+ for the service!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/25/2014Quantity of food was lacking! Friend ordered the spinach filled ravioli. Entree came in huge looking bowl with one stuffed ravioli for $14! Only bright spot was half price bottle of wine on Wednesdays.
- Great food, waitress with attitudeOpenTable Diner Since 2005VIPDined on 6/21/2014As usual, the food was delightful, including the new banana-peanut butter cake. However, our waitress seemed annoyed to have to take care of us. We had one person in our group who keeps kosher, and the waitress acted as if she were bothered by having to help us figure out how we could still order the polenta with pork shoulder. We eventually figured it out among the five of us, without the waitress' help.Special Features:
- Wednesday night is girls night out!HinsdaleFoodieVIPDined on 6/18/2014Love this place on Wednesdays with the girlfriends. 1/2 price bottle night and great food. Love all the pastas and flat breads--would pass on the hangar steak-tough. Angel is a GREAT server. She used to work at Zach's Place in Hinsdale and was well known and liked there.Special Features:
- Fathers Day BrunchFathersDayBrunchVIPDined on 6/15/2014Excellent brunch, second time there for Fathers Day. The Foccacia with the goat chees and honeycomb was amazing. So was the French toast, the eggs and of course the bloodymary bar. We had a great table outside and a beautiful day. Very attentive and well informed service. Definitely will be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Father's Day BrunchKazy68Dined on 6/15/2014We had another amazing dining experience at Davanti Enoteca - Western Springs. We went for brunch on Father's Day, and everything was excellent; Great food, great service, great outdoor seating.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fun eveningLauraDined on 6/14/2014Our group of 6 enjoyed the evening. Our waiter walked us through the menu, making helpful suggestions. A description of Italian tapas would be apt as we ordered sets of three dishes and then shared. Sharing isn't necessary, but added to a fun evening of good food. It allows for discussion and comparison which added to the interest. Have to go back and try what we just couldn't fit! Can't comment on many of the recommendation categories but next time maybe more can be checked.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favorites!noneVIPDined on 6/13/2014We had a reservation and were seated quickly on a Friday evening. Our server, Katie, was terrific. Unfortunately, she spilled my entree on me. Being hot, it could have been serious -- but was just messy. The pork shoulder ragu and whitefish specials were both delicious. Katie did everything she could to make up for the accident. A great meal and evening despite the dropped entree.Special Features:
- AGreatfulEaterDined on 6/13/2014What a Terrific night!! thanks to our waiter and Davanti!!! Will Be Back Soon!!Special Features:
- Specials tempt me away from favs!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 6/13/2014Ricotta and honey, polenta ragu... Can never resist these, but the specials are always great too. How to decide? Come back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worked TogetherJustDVIPDined on 6/12/2014We go out to dinner with this group at least 3 or 4 times a year. This was the first time we tried a "small plate" venue. Although my husband and I have been to Davanti's before, none of the others had, so we were a little leery how it would work out. My concern evaporated quickly. We started with a cheese and meat board and went from there, with each of us choosing something from the menu: liver pate, beets, 2 different pizzas, hamburger, and more. (Not to mention drinks.) The food was outstanding and entertaining as we made our decisions and tasted. Would like to do it again.Special Features:
- Best burger in the burbsJRShopperDined on 6/1/2014Enjoyed the fab focaccia, a great burger and the weather while sitting on the patio. Finished the night with amazing salted Carmel gelato. Great addition to the Western burbs!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/29/2014Second time to go to Divanti Enoteca and service unacceptable both times and will not return. Made drink orders twice because waitress forgot, tapas restaurant and never got new plates between courses, or water refilled.Special Features:
- Wed. Girls Night OutHinsdaleFoodieVIPDined on 5/28/20141/2 price bottle night, great food, fun atmosphere. Go and enjoy with your girlfriends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OurboyDined on 5/25/2014Davanti is a great place to try foods that you haven't necessarily tried before. Things I didn't think I would like we're very good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very solidRamonDined on 5/24/2014Davanti continues to do everything well. the restaurant was a bit noisy last weekend, but nonetheless the service and food were very good.Special Features:
- MavenVIPDined on 5/21/2014Food is always wonderful. The vodka infusion was delightful! Strawberry basil...very refreshing!!! Sadly service the past two visits hasn't been great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.