Davanti Enoteca - Scottsdale
6316 N. Scottsdale Rd
Scottsdale, AZ 85253Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Davanti Enoteca - Scottsdale
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.davantiscottsdale.com/
- Phone: 4806591800
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 3:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian
- Executive Chef: Peter DeRuvo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Cafe, Chef's Table, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: For information about Special Events and Catering at Davanti Enoteca Scottsdale, please contact Cyndi DiNardo at email@example.com
- Private Party Contact: Cyndi DiNardo ~ General Manager 4806591800
A word from Davanti Enoteca - Scottsdale
With rustic exposed brick walls, re-purposed farm wood and communal tables, Davanti Enoteca takes its cues from the small villages of Italy. Diners enjoy authentic Italian dishes they would find in the Italian countryside, but with a contemporary, creative twist.The start diners may choose from the selection of formaggi and salumi which is designed for guests to create their own boards by choosing from unique options. Instant classics include the boards that are presented to the table. The Foccacia de Recco is a flaky Ligurian style foccacia, baked and stuffed with creamy melted crescenza cheese and served with honeycomb to spread on the warm pastry. Buttery marscapone polenta is ladled on a wooden board and served with ragu of the day.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Davanti Enoteca - Scottsdale reviews from OpenTable diners
- You got to be kidding. ThisOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/21/2013You got to be kidding. This place is out of business. We arrived for our meal as furniture was being carried out the front door. This after getting an email the same morning reminding me not to miss the evenings reservation. There seems to be serious disconnect with the Open Table system that allows restaurants to close while still sending emails encouraging patrons to appear on schedule. Good thing I didn't travel from out of town.Special Features:
- Delivery of foodPersnicketyDined on 5/19/2013Four of us dined together and for both the appetizer and the entree at least one dish was served before the others. All the parties dishes for each course should arrive simultaneously. I' m not sure if this was a service or chef issue.
- WONDERFUL FOOD & SERVICEOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/18/2013Great food, great service. I hope they are around a loooong time! I've been to Davanti's three times, and every time we discover something new. You can't go wrong with anything on the menu.Special Features:
- Unique Small Plates to SharesparklenailsDined on 5/18/2013This is Tappas Style Italian Style Foods. You pick several small plates to share. We enjoyed the cauliflower steak and the truffle egg toast, they both were delicious. Our dinners were very good too and they make their desserts in house.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pete DeRuvu has redefined ItalianunderwhelmedVIPDined on 5/17/2013Pete DeRuvu has redefined Italian cuisine at Davanti Enoteca. Every offering is special. This is Italian cooking, not Italian-American cooking. Bravo and arrivederci.Special Features:
- Hamburger was outstanding.sibylVIPDined on 5/13/2013Hamburger was outstanding. The menu is varied and the selections look quite interesting from small to large plates and flat breads. Service really needs work. We ate around 8:15PM and the restaurant was practically empty. Yet the waitress rushed us to the point of coming over to ask us if we wanted dessert while we were not even 1/2 finished with our entrees. We left with a bad feeling.
- Now in our weekly rotationScottsdaleLocalVIPDined on 5/12/2013Davanti has now become a weekly stop for us. Great food and service. We love grazing on the interesting and tasty small plates. Lots of variety and all outstanding. Have not had a bad dish in 6 visits. You must start with focaccia di recco. This is a thin focaccia that is stuffed with a soft cheese and then baked to a crisp finish. It is served with honey comb to spread on the bread. Get 2 orders of the honey comb. This bread is on my top 5 list of the best things I have ever eaten. David Johnson, one of their management team, also makes Davanti special. Dave's outstanding knowledge of wine, their menu and his personality and charm make the dining experience even better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ImpressedjefecitaDined on 5/12/2013We did not expect to be impressed. Excellent food -- very fresh ingredients, creative and perfectly prepared. Everything we tried was delicious -- roasted campari tomato with burrata and basil pesto, roasted beets with walnut butter and creme fraiche, Branzino, Bistecca con Funghi... Wow.Special Features:
- Impeccable serviceTonyGVIPDined on 5/12/2013Great food, only overshadowed by the impeccable service. Wine and water was poured frequently, dishes cleared promptly. Only reason food received a 4 instead of 5 because of desserts, which were less than overwhelming.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Authentic and ExcellentOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 5/11/2013Having just returned from a vacation in Italy, I wasn't expecting my experience here to be as good as 'the real thing'... I was wrong. The food here is delicious. The menu is just innovative enough to entice while not so different that you forget you're in an Italian restaurant. The focaccia with cheese and honey is an outstanding appetizer and the orecchiette with sausage and rapini is full of flavor. We will be back to try more of the menu!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I LOVE THIS RESTAURANT!avactDined on 5/10/2013Where do I start? I eat here (almost) weekly. The portions are moderate to encourage sharing so I almost always come with a group. Tthe reason - to share a bunch of plates because I can't just pick one favorite and I want to eat them all. Start with the Cow's Milk Focaccia & order more honey! Then the single HUGE ravioli that is beyond your wildest imagination, then the FARRO salad (when in season) & the orchiette with Sausage is amazing. I can eat plates of it. The daily polenta is awesome (try the mushroom if they have it). Creme Brulee is delicious and the sundae is a delightful treat. Ask for Stephanie if you want awesome service by a delightful server who will take great care of you with a smile on her face. Don't miss this spot.Special Features:
- for an Italian RestaurantDebbieDined on 5/10/2013for an Italian Restaurant I thought they may have had more PASTA on the menu. Not polenta with sauce. The meat in the ragu was tough and chewy.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food & ServiceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/9/2013Big fan of the Davanti's in Del Mar & Little Italy and the Scottsdale location did not disappoint either! Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Took some time but had a great timeSJamJamDined on 5/6/2013We got to Davanti's early and the hostess sat us right away. It took about 10 minutes for our server to even acknowledge us, which was a disappointing to the point we almost left. As soon as he came over, everything was wonderful. The wine was delicious and the food was very tasty. We ordered a bunch of different small plates and finished with the gelato sundae which was to die for. All in all, with the exception of the long time to greet us, it was a definitely a great time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great and Different MenuPoorHenryVIPDined on 5/1/2013Don't read my review. Just go and check it out for yourself. It's the bomb.Special Features:
- Peter DeRuvo is very talentedunderwhelmedVIPDined on 4/27/2013Peter DeRuvo is outstanding. Everything on the menu is worth tasting. We will be coming regularly.Special Features:
- Never fails to impress. GreatBoomerVIPDined on 4/27/2013Never fails to impress. Great food, wonderful service.Special Features:
- One of the best meals we haveOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/21/2013One of the best meals we have had in scottsdale! Such a fun concept of sharing. We were able to try so many dishes. We can't wait to return.Special Features:
- We had an incredible mealMameVIPDined on 4/19/2013We had an incredible meal and will go back, hopefully soon. Not too crowded since a lot of the "birds" have gone home. Good thing, otherwise I think it would have been a long wait. They do take reservations which is great. Good Job!Special Features:
- Great place - wrong concept.KathyfVIPDined on 4/19/2013I think this restaurant needs to drop the tapas concept and create a menu of appetizers, entrees, etc. it's too hard to figure out what to order and requires too much explaining from the server. The restaurant is beautiful! I love the decor and the ambiance.Special Features:
- A relatively recent discovery,BoomerVIPDined on 4/18/2013A relatively recent discovery, this is where we take out-of-towners to show off Phoenix cooking. Never disappoints.Special Features:
- Made a last minute reservationOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/13/2013Made a last minute reservation and boy are we glad we did!!! Food is excellent, small plates perfect for sharing. Can't wait to go again.Special Features:
- The share plate concept isherbodocVIPDined on 4/13/2013The share plate concept is trendy but weird. The portions not really adequate for three and for the price. I would most likely not return.
- Arrived and was seated whereOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 4/13/2013Arrived and was seated where the sun glare was too much. Asked to change seat, seated again with the same problem. Finally seated out side which was great. Ordered a bottle of wine,took waiter almost 10 minutes to get back to us they didn't have. Ordered another bottle of wine. Another 10 minutes and waiter came back they didn't have that one either.We were there about 30 minutes total. We left without eating. It shouldn't take that long to inform your guest they were out of something. The waiter on his last visit said they were only out of 3 white wines and we had ordered two of them. Very poor customer service.
- Food absolutely deliciousOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/7/2013Food absolutely delicious and very different -- great service -- really liked the decor and fun menu to share plates for lots of various tastes. One of my favorite places to eat, now, in Scottsdale! First time we've been there -- don't really hear much about it -- could use some additional promotion. None of my friends knew about it, but I'll help spread the word,Special Features:
- Service was slow at the startgeofromazVIPDined on 4/6/2013Service was slow at the start but improved. The food was not exceptional, and with lots of competition this restaurant will have a difficult time.
- Was there w 6 people and atOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/3/2013Was there w 6 people and at first it was all a bit confusing and then we got into the swing of ordering a few items at a time. All were delicious!!!!Special Features:
- Just didn't do it for us.Like2eatoutVIPDined on 4/2/2013Just didn't do it for us. Slightly confusing menu - although the selections sounded good they were bland. Would not return
- Food was good and the waitressOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/31/2013Food was good and the waitress was friendly. We were seated near an open window where we could hear the fountain which was lovely. Service was not at all what one woul expect. We were seated at a table missing one setup. During our meal, Empty Dishes were left on the table, utensils not replaced. We had to steal items from a nearby table! Ordering was disjointed at best. Service felt disruptive and not smoothly administered. Too bad. They need to put some training in place!Special Features:
- We had a fabulous dinner hereOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 3/30/2013We had a fabulous dinner here -- the service, the food, the setting...everything was wonderful!Special Features:
- A restaurant with a very differentNyeater1VIPDined on 3/29/2013A restaurant with a very different and hard to navigate menu and not very consistent nor remarkable food.
- First rateOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/23/2013Had a wonderful meal with another couple. Were out on the Patio...service was excellent and we chose a variety of vegetarian dishes as one of the party was a vegan. Great.Special Features:
- Checked out this restaurantLuckyoneVIPDined on 3/23/2013Checked out this restaurant after reading a glowing review by the Arizona Republic food critic.Pleasantly surprised! Very unlike a "traditional" Italian restaurant. Unique, delicious menu: cheeses, antipasti, salads, pastas, entrees. Superb premise-baked bread. Pleasant ambiance. Excellent, attentive service. Centrally located Scottsdale Road location (formerly The Quilted Bear). Great too, for wine and appetizer sampling.Special Features:
- Food was quite good and interestingOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/22/2013Food was quite good and interesting. What appears to be one of their specialty embellishments, honeycomb, was oddly served on someone's business card. The "wine cellar" type room we were seated in was VERY loud making it difficult to converse.
- I have been here before.OpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/22/2013I have been here before. The food and the service are consistently good. Their pasta is wonderful. We took another couple there and they enjoyed the restaurant as much as we did.Special Features:
- One of our favorite's, TheOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 3/19/2013One of our favorite's, The food is great. Lots of fun dishes to share. The only complaint is the one dish with the tomato's and burrata cheese. The bread or toast never arrives with the dish. Otherwise the service is always greatSpecial Features:
- Almost ThereSteveFVIPDined on 3/18/2013The food is fantastic. Had a very nice young waiter who didn't know the menu and was unattentive. We received the bill without even offering dessert. Nice kid, just young and inexperienced.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very disappointing. LongLindeeeeVIPDined on 3/16/2013Very disappointing. Long time for a server to make contact and take drink order. Appetizers arrive before drinks. Menu items were suggested that were incompatible with dietary restrictions that were stated by one fo the guests. Pastas were doused with cheese sauce. General food selection ordinary.
- Great food, Poor Waiter, Great GMShawnVIPDined on 3/16/2013The food is very good and classic Italian, not Italian American. If you are looking for red sauce, meatball stuff keep looking. My wife and I really enjoyed the roasted beet salad and the Orchietti dish. I wish we ordered 2, it was that good. Our waiter was VERY bad on so many levels. Without rambling on about that, the General Manager (Cynthia) recognized there was a real problem and did a awesome job in apologizing, working to make things right. We will go back for sure because the food was very good and the GM was sincere. For a smaller chain, this place is a good choice!Special Features:
- Tries too hardOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 3/15/2013Chef tries too hard...a simpler appreach would be better. It's not really italian either. several dishes mis seasoned or under cooked with no attempt at accommodation suggests that it happens alot.This is my third visit and my last. Too bad because I live close by.