1922-111A Augusta street
Greenville, SC 29605Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davanisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8643739013
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Todd Walton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: D'Vine room surrounded by wine, creates a warm separate dining area for private parties. Yet, glass windows allow visibility to open dining or you may choose to close shades for complete privacy.
A word from Davani's
Upscale casual dining restaurant with cozy seating for up to 65 people located in historic area of Greenville, South Carolina. Menu offers continental cuisine with old world classic French and Italian dishes made with premium cuts of meat, freshest seafood and local ingredients. Extensive wine list from around the world will delight wine lovers. Private dining room available for party's up to 28.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Davani's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Davani's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since June 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (52)special occasion (52)neighborhood gem (48)notable wine list (40)fit for foodies (38)good for groups (13)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (3)kid-friendly (2)late-night find (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Not that greatdisappointeddiner7VIPDined on 10/11/2014We eat out frequently-and decided to try this restaurant, about a block from our house. We waited to be acknowledged for 5 minutes. I had a bad feeling, but decided to stay and give it a try anyway. The wine list was ok. The service was ok. The food was ok. The waitress was nice and friendly, but she lacked the skills that a "fine dining" restaurant waitress should have. We sat with plates on the table while numerous servers and the owners passed by. When she did come at the end of the meal, she never offered us coffee or dessert. She asked how we wanted the bill, and that was it. I cannot say that I will go back. Not sure why people would fine this to be worth the price and considered a "gem".Special Features:
- Our Favorite Placecmccoy2Dined on 10/11/2014Davani's is our go to place for special occasions. The food is always excellent and the service is great. We have celebrated our anniversary there for the past few years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once again !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed Davani's once again.. the veal picata is to die for... we also had the shrimp/pasta... very good. a great place for romantic dining and meeting with friends. We can't wait to go again very soon. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant if you never have.. You'll not be disappointed I promise...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jennaDined on 10/8/2014I was so pleased with Davani's. It was definitely a night to remember! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal and service. The food was excellent, service was awesome, and we were even surprised with an anniversary dessert! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Not just for Chocolate Loversbudsluv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Although the Award Winning Chocolate Marquis is totally worth a trip by itself, don't miss the opportunity to experience a wonderful dining adventure. We had Veal Marsala & Veal Picata. The Veal was fork tender and the sauces were delicious. So happy to know we don't have to go big cities to find this kind of quality anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!adzonniDined on 9/27/2014Had never been before. When we went in one of our party said how it reminded him of nice places in South Philly. I thought more of Chicago. Really nice atmosphere. The waiter could have been one of Manhattan's finest. A real smooth, personable, professional guy. The food was unusually good. Try the app with smoked trout-they give you the usual capers, but there were fingerling fries of trout skin which were out of this world, and a real nice horsey sauce to spread on it-big fun, and big good! My veal picatta was above average. The cannelonni was good, as well as the salad with shrimp. The apps at this place are also amazing! We will definitely go back again-super nice find. ps The owner comes to talk to you, and that's a nice touch.Special Features:
- Love Davani's!IdmaIjanDined on 9/20/2014Fabulous food and attentive service in a relaxing atmosphere. I don't think Davani's can be beat. My dinner partner says the filet mignon is the best in town. The risotto is perfectly creamy and flavorful without being too rich. All this without the hassle of downtown parking. Davani's is simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnLynnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Davani's is such a lovely restaurant. My adult children and husband ordered a variety of dishes, all of which were devoured and enjoyed! Between us, we had the Penne alla Vodka, Lasagna, N.Y. Strip, Linguine Fra Diavolo, and the fresh catch fish with scallops and shrimp in a Provençal sauce. Each diner raved about his/her perspective dinner, as well as the delicious bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic glaze. We were especially impressed with the attention we received from our waiter, Leonard, who never once had to be asked for anything! He replaced fresh bread and dipping mixture and refilled our glasses without skipping a beat. He was not intrusive in the least and invited us to return. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemRedbullDined on 9/12/2014Went for my wife's birthday, all my special seating requests were honored and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great Find!johncar3Dined on 9/6/2014The food at Davani's was outstanding, particularly the penne alla vodka! The service was a little slow at 8 pm, but our server acknowledged the problem and still managed to take great care of us. Next time he recommended coming around 6:30 before they get so crazy. At least he was honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughcfoodluverDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I found this restaurant nearly by accident! We've gone several times and are ALWAYS impressed with the food and the service.Special Features:
- A wonderful return visit....JanieDined on 9/6/2014Thank you, Davani's, for another superb experience. From the excellent cuisine, to the lovely setting and attentive staff, we always enjoy our evening with you. We have found our special table and will certainly return. The award-winning chocolate mousse hazelnut cake was, again, that special ending to our dining experience. We appreciate you and your offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencemtwnphillyDined on 9/6/2014Its my first time trying Davani's. My date and I decided to dress up and head out on a Saturday Night. We arrived early (5:30) and the restaurant was somewhat quiet. It picked up shortly after that. The service was excellent. We were well attended and it didn't feel like it was to the point of interruptions. The food was excellent. I enjoyed Scampi and Scollops served over fettuccine. The only thing that might have been improved was the bread pudding. It had a very good flavor but was drown in cream sauce...so much so that it was about all I tasted. However, I wouldn't consider that a big negative. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Always great!TriciaDined on 9/2/2014We have been several times and consistently have a good meal and great service with Leonard. We request him because he is so special. The food is delicious, plentiful and served hot. They have a nice variety on the menu and the specials do not disappoint. The meal is leisurely, with just the right balance of time for a nice meal out. It's like having a nice little Italian getaway anytime you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsPalmettobugDined on 9/2/2014Every time we've eaten at Davani's, it has been fabulous!!! Service is always great! All around wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceDebobarDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed Davani's on a Friday night celebrating our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the appetizer, a baked brie and fruit plate, as well as our entries. The shrimp scampi and scallop fettuccine was very flavorful and filling. My husband enjoyed the crab cakes but felt they were nothing special. The highlight of our meal was the dessert. The bread pudding was delicious and probably the best dessert we've had in a very long time. It was certainly enough for 2 and the sauce was warm and comforting. We will return to this restaurant, if for nothing else, the dessert!!Special Features:
- My second visit-BlueHawaii12Dined on 8/28/2014and wanted to try another option from the menu..but couldn't do it! Had to have the Bacon Blue Shrimp again. It was perfect. The White Truffle Ravioli was fresh and light with excellent flavor. For his hardy appetite, my husband enjoyed the Pork Steak- a large portion and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvitallianDined on 8/23/2014Great food with great service. A little noisy perhaps but a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great italian RestaurantjimvDined on 8/23/2014very nice menu, I had their awesome bucco a better wine list reasonably priced and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Greenville's Best FiletJon2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I love Davanis. The service is excellent and the wait staff very professional. Since trying for the first time last year we have been back 6 times. The filet is always perfectly cooked to perfection and our plates look like they just came out of the dishwasher when we are finished with our meal. Great food and a great dining experience. I recommend to all of my friends and coworkers. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findAnniversarydelightDined on 8/22/2014Our recent visit was our first visit. It won't be our last. The staff -including our server- was very hospitable & went out of their way to ensure our experience was enjoyable. As it was our anniversary, they also acknowledged and fostered the special occasion with extra care- including a Delicious dessert. All the food was delicious-as well as the atmosphere very pleasant. We would,& will, recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and foodengtchrDined on 8/14/2014We've eaten at Davani's several times and it has been great EVERY time. The food is superbly prepared and the service great. Our server this time was a tad over-solicitious, which I say because one thing we have loved about our previous experiences was the "old-world" aspect of the server's close, unobtrusive observance and infrequent "Is everything still o.k.?" questions. If we had an issue, we would summon the server, but that's just a small detraction. Davani's is one of Greenville's true dining gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineJM96Dined on 8/12/2014Charming, quiet, great selections, great food and presentation, plus knowledgable and attentive service. My kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The service, food and overall theme was excellent..Prices were accurate. Fra Diavlo was superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!heel5manDined on 8/2/2014Great food, service and ambiance. We especially enjoyed wedge salads, chicken parm and shrimp & scallops provencal. The scallops were unbelievable. The owner and wife were both present and interacting with guests. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningAugroaddinerDined on 8/1/2014We selected Davani's for our 22nd anniversary dinner and were pleased. Good food, wine and service in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can eat here Gluten FreeCityGirlDined on 7/31/2014What a great Spot, the food is fantastic, tell your wait person, you are Gluten Intolerant and they will make suggestions, they are very knowledgeable about gluten/free. They even have gluten free crackers, so you can dip in the oil mixture. A party of four and all raved about their meal selection... Oh, did I mention they make a Super martini..... It was our first visit but Not our last,..by the way...try the Duck.... Michelle is a super wait person, thanks Michelle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Average ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food was very good. The tables are set close together and we had a loud group next to us so the ambiance was not as nice as we had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to dining experienceMousieDined on 7/26/2014We went to Davani's with 2 other couples...service was perfect..we were well taken care of. The owner came by twice to check on us and made us feel welcome and showed his concerns for our enjoyment that night. All in all, we all had a fun night and one couple who had not been there yet, said they would definitely come back again. Oh, ......the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and gave us great service all night. The food was excellent. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in yearsGrammardadDined on 7/14/2014We found this gem through Open Table. The service, food, and ambiance were equally excellent. The only other place I have had Italian cuisine this good was in Italy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!ricgunnDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I went to Davani's for our anniversary. It was one of the best dinning experiences we have ever had. The food was excellent, the portions were very generous, and the service was perfect! I would highly recommend Davani's to anyone seeking a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!IdmaIjanDined on 7/12/2014From the moment you walk in the door you know Davani's is going to be a great dining experience. I love the amuse bouche to start off the meal. A fun little surprise from the chef. It sets the tone for what is to come. There are many appetizers to chose from, but we love the tuna tartar. I usually get the fish special with the risotto. I'm never disappointed. My companion says Davani's fillet mignon is the best in town and honestly, I think I need to order it on our next visit, because one bite from his plate leaves me wanting for more! When I want to take someone out where I know I'll get great service, excellent food in a good atmosphere, I alway pick Davani's. Rocky is very attentive and Michele is the best for service!Special Features:
- Awesome bucco 2Johnny2VIPDined on 6/28/2014Another group went for dinner, with all very happy with dining experience. Rocky even performed magic tricks. Great host and hostess. Very welcoming place that makes you want to return. Thanks, Michelle, we had fun.Special Features:
- A very good Italian restaurantSCMIKEDined on 6/28/2014Located in a shopping center with ample parking we found this restaurant to be an enjoyable experience. The ambience of the restaurant is what you would expect of a traditional Italian restaurant. The presentation and taste of the food was exceptional and all the meals served were enjoyed by all. A return visit to this restaurant is a must for us in the futureSpecial Features:
- Jim&AmyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Wonderful meal at a charming, romantic, and impressively decorated establishment. The host was very accommodating, and the waiter was knowledgable and freindly. We were provided a free appetizer to sample and delicious cocktails prior to our meal. We enjoyed their bacon shrimp app as well as their chilled avocado soup. The entrees were very filling and well prepared. Overall great experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 311 reviews are from the Davani's reviews archive.
- They always make me feel specialyumyumVIPDined on 6/21/2014I often go to this restaurant when I'm in town visiting parents, and I'm dining alone. This restaurant's owner and manager and staff are talented in every way - first, they make you feel like family. Then, they wow you with old standards with a slightly new flair. The wine list is excellent. The interior is lit just right. The food is over-the-top good. Thank you for several really relaxing evenings!Special Features:
- Bob1Dined on 6/21/2014Wonderful restaurant with old-fashioned neighborhood restaurant feel inviting you to spend the evening enjoying good food and friends. We were seated in the quieter dining room which is offset from the bar area which was a little livelier. Very attentive service but they were out of some entrees and ingredients to make drinks at 7:15 pm on a Saturday night. Bread, seasoned oil and a shellfish canape plate were served gratis. The salads were fresh and just the right size for appetizer salads. The three of us enjoyed salmon fettucine, veal marsala but the best was the special of pork ribeye with a blackberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner -- 6/20/14MarkJVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great dinner, great service, and reasonably priced. For whatever reason it has been a long time since I was at Davani's. Will definitely be back -- everything was great.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner at Davini'sBriansDined on 6/7/2014Went to dinner at Davini's after many years of driving by. Glad we stopped in. I did not realize what I was missing. Service was wonderful. Leonard was our server. Appetizers were excellent. The Mozerella and Tomato was outstanding. The entrees were perfect and the desert was some of the best I've had in Greenville. We plan to go back again this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.