1922-111A Augusta street
Greenville, SC 29605Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davanisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 8643739013
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Todd Walton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: D'Vine room surrounded by wine, creates a warm separate dining area for private parties. Yet, glass windows allow visibility to open dining or you may choose to close shades for complete privacy.
A word from Davani's
Upscale casual dining restaurant with cozy seating for up to 65 people located in historic area of Greenville, South Carolina. Menu offers continental cuisine with old world classic French and Italian dishes made with premium cuts of meat, freshest seafood and local ingredients. Extensive wine list from around the world will delight wine lovers. Private dining room available for party's up to 28.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Davani's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Davani's reviews from OpenTable diners
74 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
romantic (54)special occasion (51)neighborhood gem (47)notable wine list (38)fit for foodies (31)good for groups (9)hot spot (5)vibrant bar scene (4)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (2)great for lunch (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- LuvitallianDined on 8/23/2014Great food with great service. A little noisy perhaps but a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great italian RestaurantjimvDined on 8/23/2014very nice menu, I had their awesome bucco a better wine list reasonably priced and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Greenville's Best FiletJon2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I love Davanis. The service is excellent and the wait staff very professional. Since trying for the first time last year we have been back 6 times. The filet is always perfectly cooked to perfection and our plates look like they just came out of the dishwasher when we are finished with our meal. Great food and a great dining experience. I recommend to all of my friends and coworkers. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findAnniversarydelightDined on 8/22/2014Our recent visit was our first visit. It won't be our last. The staff -including our server- was very hospitable & went out of their way to ensure our experience was enjoyable. As it was our anniversary, they also acknowledged and fostered the special occasion with extra care- including a Delicious dessert. All the food was delicious-as well as the atmosphere very pleasant. We would,& will, recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and foodengtchrDined on 8/14/2014We've eaten at Davani's several times and it has been great EVERY time. The food is superbly prepared and the service great. Our server this time was a tad over-solicitious, which I say because one thing we have loved about our previous experiences was the "old-world" aspect of the server's close, unobtrusive observance and infrequent "Is everything still o.k.?" questions. If we had an issue, we would summon the server, but that's just a small detraction. Davani's is one of Greenville's true dining gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineJM96Dined on 8/12/2014Charming, quiet, great selections, great food and presentation, plus knowledgable and attentive service. My kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The service, food and overall theme was excellent..Prices were accurate. Fra Diavlo was superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!heel5manDined on 8/2/2014Great food, service and ambiance. We especially enjoyed wedge salads, chicken parm and shrimp & scallops provencal. The scallops were unbelievable. The owner and wife were both present and interacting with guests. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningAugroaddinerDined on 8/1/2014We selected Davani's for our 22nd anniversary dinner and were pleased. Good food, wine and service in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can eat here Gluten FreeCityGirlDined on 7/31/2014What a great Spot, the food is fantastic, tell your wait person, you are Gluten Intolerant and they will make suggestions, they are very knowledgeable about gluten/free. They even have gluten free crackers, so you can dip in the oil mixture. A party of four and all raved about their meal selection... Oh, did I mention they make a Super martini..... It was our first visit but Not our last,..by the way...try the Duck.... Michelle is a super wait person, thanks Michelle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food/Average ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food was very good. The tables are set close together and we had a loud group next to us so the ambiance was not as nice as we had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to dining experienceMousieDined on 7/26/2014We went to Davani's with 2 other couples...service was perfect..we were well taken care of. The owner came by twice to check on us and made us feel welcome and showed his concerns for our enjoyment that night. All in all, we all had a fun night and one couple who had not been there yet, said they would definitely come back again. Oh, ......the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and gave us great service all night. The food was excellent. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in yearsGrammardadDined on 7/14/2014We found this gem through Open Table. The service, food, and ambiance were equally excellent. The only other place I have had Italian cuisine this good was in Italy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:
- Excellent!!!ricgunnDined on 7/14/2014My wife and I went to Davani's for our anniversary. It was one of the best dinning experiences we have ever had. The food was excellent, the portions were very generous, and the service was perfect! I would highly recommend Davani's to anyone seeking a great dinning experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always the best!IdmaIjanDined on 7/12/2014From the moment you walk in the door you know Davani's is going to be a great dining experience. I love the amuse bouche to start off the meal. A fun little surprise from the chef. It sets the tone for what is to come. There are many appetizers to chose from, but we love the tuna tartar. I usually get the fish special with the risotto. I'm never disappointed. My companion says Davani's fillet mignon is the best in town and honestly, I think I need to order it on our next visit, because one bite from his plate leaves me wanting for more! When I want to take someone out where I know I'll get great service, excellent food in a good atmosphere, I alway pick Davani's. Rocky is very attentive and Michele is the best for service!Special Features:
- Awesome bucco 2Johnny2VIPDined on 6/28/2014Another group went for dinner, with all very happy with dining experience. Rocky even performed magic tricks. Great host and hostess. Very welcoming place that makes you want to return. Thanks, Michelle, we had fun.Special Features:
- A very good Italian restaurantSCMIKEDined on 6/28/2014Located in a shopping center with ample parking we found this restaurant to be an enjoyable experience. The ambience of the restaurant is what you would expect of a traditional Italian restaurant. The presentation and taste of the food was exceptional and all the meals served were enjoyed by all. A return visit to this restaurant is a must for us in the futureSpecial Features:
- Jim&AmyOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/24/2014Wonderful meal at a charming, romantic, and impressively decorated establishment. The host was very accommodating, and the waiter was knowledgable and freindly. We were provided a free appetizer to sample and delicious cocktails prior to our meal. We enjoyed their bacon shrimp app as well as their chilled avocado soup. The entrees were very filling and well prepared. Overall great experience. Thank you.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- They always make me feel specialyumyumVIPDined on 6/21/2014I often go to this restaurant when I'm in town visiting parents, and I'm dining alone. This restaurant's owner and manager and staff are talented in every way - first, they make you feel like family. Then, they wow you with old standards with a slightly new flair. The wine list is excellent. The interior is lit just right. The food is over-the-top good. Thank you for several really relaxing evenings!Special Features:
- Bob1Dined on 6/21/2014Wonderful restaurant with old-fashioned neighborhood restaurant feel inviting you to spend the evening enjoying good food and friends. We were seated in the quieter dining room which is offset from the bar area which was a little livelier. Very attentive service but they were out of some entrees and ingredients to make drinks at 7:15 pm on a Saturday night. Bread, seasoned oil and a shellfish canape plate were served gratis. The salads were fresh and just the right size for appetizer salads. The three of us enjoyed salmon fettucine, veal marsala but the best was the special of pork ribeye with a blackberry sauce.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner -- 6/20/14MarkJVIPDined on 6/20/2014Great dinner, great service, and reasonably priced. For whatever reason it has been a long time since I was at Davani's. Will definitely be back -- everything was great.Special Features:
- Birthday dinner at Davini'sBriansDined on 6/7/2014Went to dinner at Davini's after many years of driving by. Glad we stopped in. I did not realize what I was missing. Service was wonderful. Leonard was our server. Appetizers were excellent. The Mozerella and Tomato was outstanding. The entrees were perfect and the desert was some of the best I've had in Greenville. We plan to go back again this weekend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What an anniversary!!!EatoutalotDined on 6/4/2014What a PERFECT place to celebrate a special event. The staff was attentive, but not imposing. The food was excellent. The total package made our anniversary celebration special.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time at Davani'sStoliRocksDined on 5/31/2014Great restaurant with excellent food, service, and ambiance. We need to go more often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent in all categories. .DRayDined on 5/30/2014My favorite dining spot in the upstate . The food, service, atmosphere is excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always good!JwilsonDined on 5/30/2014We find Davani's to be a solid, dependable restaurant with good food, good wine, and good service. Rocky, the owner, and his wife are there and engaged with the diners. We discovered a good, inexpensive wine this visit. Ridge Geyserville 2012 Zin.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- TWODINERSTwodinersDined on 5/10/2014We just loved the...OLD SCHOOL METHOD...1) appetizer...escargot (peferct)...2) Iceburg wedge & itiailan dress...3) Lamb shank ( bone in with the marrow) Perfect again...Rousted duck brest and garlic mash taters...Again great...A fantastic selection of wine. Their port wine with entree made the dish...Will go again when in the area...Service was like the food...great plus more...It's in a strip-mall?...Yes...So what...Special Features:
- Great Special EveningDavaniEscargotDined on 5/8/2014This was a special occasion and we picked this restaurant from the reviews on OpenTable. Once inside the restaurant you could not tell it was located in a strip center - it felt private and intimate. We arrived early and while waiting on others to arrive, decided to sit at the bar. The bartender was friendly, knowledgeable, and she was very attentive. We also tried three different appetizers in the beginning; soft shell crab (great!), calamari (also great!), and escargot (some of the best we've ever had - absolutely fantastic!). Everyone's dinner was equally as good, as was the service. On our next visit to Greenville, Davani's will be our top choice for dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 300 reviews are from the Davani's reviews archive.
- Davani's is simply divine!SteveDined on 5/3/2014What a find. One of the best restaurants in the Greenville area. Our first visit there and they really impressed us both with service and the quality of the food. You must try it.Special Features:
- Davani's - Just DivineBobSCDined on 5/3/2014It is always a pleasure to visit Rocky and the Gang at Davani's. We come from 50 miles away to enjoy the best veal picatta in the State.Special Features:
- Great night outLarryDined on 5/3/2014We had a very nice night with great service & outstanding food. We will be back!!Special Features:
- Wonderful Evening with FriendsHappyHungarianDined on 4/24/2014If you want an excellent dinning experience, Davani's is for you! Their chef is outstanding and very innovating in preparing the meals. You never know what the "specials" will be...but you always know it's going to be good! We like to bring friends with us for dinner, as the ambiance is intimate, and great for talking. Some restaurants you have to shout to be heard, so what's the point of that?? They have a small private dinning room for a group occasions, and they have an extensive wine selection from the bar.Special Features:
- A Very Nice EveningOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/21/2014Rocky greeted us to start our evening and it was great from there on. Personable atmosphere, great food and Service. We really had a very pleasant evening with some very good friends. A Great Find. We'll definitely be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Never disappointedIdmaIjanDined on 4/15/2014I turn to Davani's when the evening needs to be perfect. Last visit was with a friend marking the first anniversary of her husband's death. I sent Rocky a private note and he handled the rest. We were greeted warmly, given time to make our selections and able to talk in a quiet section of the restaurant. Michelle's service was impeccable. Rocky checked in to ensure a positive experience. The food was out of this world. My friend was impressed by the experience from start to end. She's remarked many times concern in getting through that day, but being at Davani's, the care, concern we were shown, not rushed, enjoying good food, good wine and wonderful evening out was the tonic she needed. Thank you, Rocky and Michelle! You are the best!Special Features:
- Excellent ChoiceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 4/12/2014Wait staff very attentive and friendly. Food and wine was excellent and plan to go back again if in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful Greenville ExperienceHmickeyDined on 3/31/2014One of the best restaurant experiences I've had in Greenville. Our server was very attentive and personable. Their wine list was not too big while still providing a great selection at a range of prices. The food was also wonderful. The baked brie is a must and the lobster bisque was incredible. I can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Experience!TeddyDined on 3/29/2014Everyone had a wonderful meal with great service! They accommodated our group of eight and made us fee special. The food was spectacular from the drinks to the desserts. A memorable experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And then there is Davani'sMoodyBDined on 3/18/2014Davani's is one of those places that you take that special someone. Great romantic atmosphere, amazing food, and amazing wine list make it a perfect place for date night. See you soon, Rocky!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Menu but seafood tasteless.PVUSASCDined on 3/15/2014If you order meet or pasta this Restaurant is a good choice but Seafood and Salmon it's not a good paet on thr menu....no flavor...nothing especial....I asked for Salmon and i have to put more salt, pepper and olive oil.... Check on your Seafood/ Fish Supplier!!!!Special Features: