1922-111A Augusta street
Greenville, SC 29605Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.davanisrestaurant.com/
- Phone: (864) 373-9013
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 5:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:30pm - 10:30pm,
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Italian, International
- Executive Chef: Todd Walton
- Dress Code: Business Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Private Party Facilities: D'Vine room surrounded by wine, creates a warm separate dining area for private parties. Yet, glass windows allow visibility to open dining or you may choose to close shades for complete privacy.
A word from Davani's
Upscale casual dining restaurant with cozy seating for up to 65 people located in historic area of Greenville, South Carolina. Menu offers continental cuisine with old world classic French and Italian dishes made with premium cuts of meat, freshest seafood and local ingredients. Extensive wine list from around the world will delight wine lovers. Private dining room available for party's up to 28.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Overall
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Ambiance
- Diners' Choice WinnerBest Food
Davani's - Best Restaurants in Greenville ›
Davani's reviews from OpenTable diners
73 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.5Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (53)romantic (51)neighborhood gem (48)fit for foodies (39)notable wine list (37)good for groups (20)hot spot (6)vibrant bar scene (6)late-night find (6)kid-friendly (1)scenic view (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- absolutely the best meal in Greenville.tmkassabDined on 11/21/2014Truly the best restaurants in Greenville. Rocky and his team know how to please a customer. Amazing food, ambiance, service and value. Our favorite restaurant. The only thing my girlfriend wanted for her birthday was pene ala vodka from Davani's! Enough said!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Satisfied!RiderGrad95Dined on 11/19/2014Davani's once again did not disappoint. Everything was wonderful!!!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoed Great Anniversary with my wife.HMSCDined on 11/15/2014Davani's ambiance is great. All guests seating beside us celebrated us friendly. Food is delicious and service is nice. Desert is not crazy sweet and tasty. Enjoyed happy evening with my wife who also was very enjoyiable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- bbnscDined on 11/15/2014the dinner was great. we asked to be seated away from the door. last visit was overwhelmed by folks who were entering the private room. Great experience this tme.I would recommend this to a friend.
- kshawDined on 11/10/2014Don't let the strip mall location fool you. Davani's is definitely one of my favorite restaurants in Greenville. So much so that I've chosen Davani's for dinner twice in the last week. My wife and I had a impromptu date night there last week and then I had a business dinner there this week. It was equally great for both occasions. If you are looking for fantastic Italian food in an upscale yet not stuffy setting, it is hard to beat Davani's.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- birthday beautyDebbiDined on 10/24/2014Thank you everyone for a great birthday dinner.....perfect as alwaysSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- could not be better.panabeDined on 10/17/2014on our recent trip, we were fortunate to make this reservation. the place was packed with locals, so it was a good sign. the food was beyond words, expertly prepared and with mix of the rigth flavors combination. the owners were excelent hostes and they found time to sit with us in our table to enjoy some wine. the list of wines was very well tougth very good ones , but not very expensive. it was a charm our visit.Special Features:
- Not that greatdisappointeddiner7VIPDined on 10/11/2014We eat out frequently-and decided to try this restaurant, about a block from our house. We waited to be acknowledged for 5 minutes. I had a bad feeling, but decided to stay and give it a try anyway. The wine list was ok. The service was ok. The food was ok. The waitress was nice and friendly, but she lacked the skills that a "fine dining" restaurant waitress should have. We sat with plates on the table while numerous servers and the owners passed by. When she did come at the end of the meal, she never offered us coffee or dessert. She asked how we wanted the bill, and that was it. I cannot say that I will go back. Not sure why people would fine this to be worth the price and considered a "gem".Special Features:
- Our Favorite Placecmccoy2Dined on 10/11/2014Davani's is our go to place for special occasions. The food is always excellent and the service is great. We have celebrated our anniversary there for the past few years and have never been disappointed.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent once again !OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 10/10/2014We enjoyed Davani's once again.. the veal picata is to die for... we also had the shrimp/pasta... very good. a great place for romantic dining and meeting with friends. We can't wait to go again very soon. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant if you never have.. You'll not be disappointed I promise...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jennaDined on 10/8/2014I was so pleased with Davani's. It was definitely a night to remember! My husband and I were celebrating our anniversary and we couldn't have asked for a more perfect meal and service. The food was excellent, service was awesome, and we were even surprised with an anniversary dessert! We will definitely be back.Special Features:
- Not just for Chocolate Loversbudsluv2eatDined on 10/3/2014Although the Award Winning Chocolate Marquis is totally worth a trip by itself, don't miss the opportunity to experience a wonderful dining adventure. We had Veal Marsala & Veal Picata. The Veal was fork tender and the sauces were delicious. So happy to know we don't have to go big cities to find this kind of quality anymore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WOW!adzonniDined on 9/27/2014Had never been before. When we went in one of our party said how it reminded him of nice places in South Philly. I thought more of Chicago. Really nice atmosphere. The waiter could have been one of Manhattan's finest. A real smooth, personable, professional guy. The food was unusually good. Try the app with smoked trout-they give you the usual capers, but there were fingerling fries of trout skin which were out of this world, and a real nice horsey sauce to spread on it-big fun, and big good! My veal picatta was above average. The cannelonni was good, as well as the salad with shrimp. The apps at this place are also amazing! We will definitely go back again-super nice find. ps The owner comes to talk to you, and that's a nice touch.Special Features:
- Love Davani's!IdmaIjanVIPDined on 9/20/2014Fabulous food and attentive service in a relaxing atmosphere. I don't think Davani's can be beat. My dinner partner says the filet mignon is the best in town. The risotto is perfectly creamy and flavorful without being too rich. All this without the hassle of downtown parking. Davani's is simply the best.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Italian Food In Greenville!RiderGrad95Dined on 9/18/2014I am originally from NJ and have yet to find a decent italian restaurant until going to Davani's. Between the service and the quality of the food it is well worth the price!Special Features:
- BEST Food in town! Penne-a-la-Vodka is amazing!!tmkassabDined on 9/17/2014Amazing restaurant. Truly the BEST in Greenville. It's the only thing my girlfriend wanted for her birthday. Now that speaks volumes!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LynnLynnVIPDined on 9/13/2014Davani's is such a lovely restaurant. My adult children and husband ordered a variety of dishes, all of which were devoured and enjoyed! Between us, we had the Penne alla Vodka, Lasagna, N.Y. Strip, Linguine Fra Diavolo, and the fresh catch fish with scallops and shrimp in a Provençal sauce. Each diner raved about his/her perspective dinner, as well as the delicious bread dipped in olive oil and balsamic glaze. We were especially impressed with the attention we received from our waiter, Leonard, who never once had to be asked for anything! He replaced fresh bread and dipping mixture and refilled our glasses without skipping a beat. He was not intrusive in the least and invited us to return. It was a perfect evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GemRedbullDined on 9/12/2014Went for my wife's birthday, all my special seating requests were honored and food was excellentSpecial Features:
- Great Find!johncar3Dined on 9/6/2014The food at Davani's was outstanding, particularly the penne alla vodka! The service was a little slow at 8 pm, but our server acknowledged the problem and still managed to take great care of us. Next time he recommended coming around 6:30 before they get so crazy. At least he was honest.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diamond in the roughcfoodluverDined on 9/6/2014My husband and I found this restaurant nearly by accident! We've gone several times and are ALWAYS impressed with the food and the service.Special Features:
- A wonderful return visit....JanieDined on 9/6/2014Thank you, Davani's, for another superb experience. From the excellent cuisine, to the lovely setting and attentive staff, we always enjoy our evening with you. We have found our special table and will certainly return. The award-winning chocolate mousse hazelnut cake was, again, that special ending to our dining experience. We appreciate you and your offerings!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent ExperiencemtwnphillyDined on 9/6/2014Its my first time trying Davani's. My date and I decided to dress up and head out on a Saturday Night. We arrived early (5:30) and the restaurant was somewhat quiet. It picked up shortly after that. The service was excellent. We were well attended and it didn't feel like it was to the point of interruptions. The food was excellent. I enjoyed Scampi and Scollops served over fettuccine. The only thing that might have been improved was the bread pudding. It had a very good flavor but was drown in cream sauce...so much so that it was about all I tasted. However, I wouldn't consider that a big negative. Overall it was a great experience and we will be back.Special Features:
- Always great!TriciaDined on 9/2/2014We have been several times and consistently have a good meal and great service with Leonard. We request him because he is so special. The food is delicious, plentiful and served hot. They have a nice variety on the menu and the specials do not disappoint. The meal is leisurely, with just the right balance of time for a nice meal out. It's like having a nice little Italian getaway anytime you like.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- MsPalmettobugDined on 9/2/2014Every time we've eaten at Davani's, it has been fabulous!!! Service is always great! All around wonderful!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful serviceDebobarDined on 8/29/2014We enjoyed Davani's on a Friday night celebrating our anniversary. We thoroughly enjoyed the appetizer, a baked brie and fruit plate, as well as our entries. The shrimp scampi and scallop fettuccine was very flavorful and filling. My husband enjoyed the crab cakes but felt they were nothing special. The highlight of our meal was the dessert. The bread pudding was delicious and probably the best dessert we've had in a very long time. It was certainly enough for 2 and the sauce was warm and comforting. We will return to this restaurant, if for nothing else, the dessert!!Special Features:
- My second visit-BlueHawaii12Dined on 8/28/2014and wanted to try another option from the menu..but couldn't do it! Had to have the Bacon Blue Shrimp again. It was perfect. The White Truffle Ravioli was fresh and light with excellent flavor. For his hardy appetite, my husband enjoyed the Pork Steak- a large portion and cooked to perfection.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LuvitallianDined on 8/23/2014Great food with great service. A little noisy perhaps but a great place to dine.Special Features:
- Great italian RestaurantjimvDined on 8/23/2014very nice menu, I had their awesome bucco a better wine list reasonably priced and attentive serviceSpecial Features:
- Greenville's Best FiletJon2014Dined on 8/23/2014My wife and I love Davanis. The service is excellent and the wait staff very professional. Since trying for the first time last year we have been back 6 times. The filet is always perfectly cooked to perfection and our plates look like they just came out of the dishwasher when we are finished with our meal. Great food and a great dining experience. I recommend to all of my friends and coworkers. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful findAnniversarydelightDined on 8/22/2014Our recent visit was our first visit. It won't be our last. The staff -including our server- was very hospitable & went out of their way to ensure our experience was enjoyable. As it was our anniversary, they also acknowledged and fostered the special occasion with extra care- including a Delicious dessert. All the food was delicious-as well as the atmosphere very pleasant. We would,& will, recommend it to family and friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ambience and foodengtchrDined on 8/14/2014We've eaten at Davani's several times and it has been great EVERY time. The food is superbly prepared and the service great. Our server this time was a tad over-solicitious, which I say because one thing we have loved about our previous experiences was the "old-world" aspect of the server's close, unobtrusive observance and infrequent "Is everything still o.k.?" questions. If we had an issue, we would summon the server, but that's just a small detraction. Davani's is one of Greenville's true dining gems.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Italian cuisineJM96Dined on 8/12/2014Charming, quiet, great selections, great food and presentation, plus knowledgable and attentive service. My kind of place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/7/2014The service, food and overall theme was excellent..Prices were accurate. Fra Diavlo was superiorSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our new favorite!heel5manDined on 8/2/2014Great food, service and ambiance. We especially enjoyed wedge salads, chicken parm and shrimp & scallops provencal. The scallops were unbelievable. The owner and wife were both present and interacting with guests. Great experience!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable EveningAugroaddinerDined on 8/1/2014We selected Davani's for our 22nd anniversary dinner and were pleased. Good food, wine and service in a comfortable and friendly atmosphere. Recommend.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Can eat here Gluten FreeCityGirlDined on 7/31/2014What a great Spot, the food is fantastic, tell your wait person, you are Gluten Intolerant and they will make suggestions, they are very knowledgeable about gluten/free. They even have gluten free crackers, so you can dip in the oil mixture. A party of four and all raved about their meal selection... Oh, did I mention they make a Super martini..... It was our first visit but Not our last,..by the way...try the Duck.... Michelle is a super wait person, thanks Michelle.....Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 320 reviews are from the Davani's reviews archive.
- Good Food/Average ExperienceFoodieDined on 7/29/2014The food was very good. The tables are set close together and we had a loud group next to us so the ambiance was not as nice as we had hoped.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great go to dining experienceMousieDined on 7/26/2014We went to Davani's with 2 other couples...service was perfect..we were well taken care of. The owner came by twice to check on us and made us feel welcome and showed his concerns for our enjoyment that night. All in all, we all had a fun night and one couple who had not been there yet, said they would definitely come back again. Oh, ......the food was great!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SpecialOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014I took my husband here for his birthday. Our waitress was very knowledgeable and gave us great service all night. The food was excellent. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best experience in yearsGrammardadVIPDined on 7/14/2014We found this gem through Open Table. The service, food, and ambiance were equally excellent. The only other place I have had Italian cuisine this good was in Italy. Can't wait to go back.Special Features: