2616 S MacDill Avenue
Tampa, FL 33629Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.datztampa.com/
- Phone: 8138317000
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 5:00pm, Sunday: 11:00am - 3:00pm; Dinner: Monday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm; Brunch: Saturday - Sunday: 8:30am - 3:00pm; Breakfast: Monday - Friday: 7:00am - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Delivery, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: No one brings food and business together better than Datz! Whether you’re planning a team building event, pharmaceutical luncheon, project grand opening or elegant holiday party, we work hard to understand your goals — and work within your budget! Breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers and everything in between, we offer easy ordering, fresh food presented in a professional manner and consistent service every day.
- Private Party Facilities: For larger parties, we offer the exclusive use of our main dining room.
- Private Party Contact: Shane Zinn 8138317000
A word from Datz
We are omnivores — carnivorous, chocolate-loving, bacon-hoarding, wineauxs, beer geeks, curd nerds and yes, even vegetarians. Together we are shamelessly unapologetic flavor crusaders and Datz is our playground. An american gastropub + market dishing up regional comfort food favorites generously paired with craft beer, boutique wine and artisanal cheese. Served with ample sides of culinary education and entertainment in a spirited, ever-evolving environment. After all, we believe ordinary belongs in the dictionary, not in a restaurant. Especially ours.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Brunch
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Datz - Best Restaurants in Tampa ›
Datz reviews from OpenTable diners
71 reviews since April 29, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (46)neighborhood gem (43)great for brunch (37)great for lunch (37)good for groups (29)hot spot (25)special occasion (14)kid-friendly (14)vibrant bar scene (10)great for outdoor dining (8)late-night find (7)notable wine list (4)romantic (4)scenic view (1)Show More
- Comfort foodGatorGalDined on 8/13/2014Very attractive restaurant where you can where very casual clothes. A neighborhood location and feel...parking was a slight challenge - a bit tight in the lot across the street. We enjoyed our flight of bacon and the dipping sauces! (When Pigs Fly) We gobbled down the popcorn that was brought before our meal - I believe she said it was from a place nearby - very addictive! I loved my "Get Shorty" entree. The meat was delicious and I am a succotash fan! I had to bring half of it home and it was delicious the next day too. My husband was not a big fan of the Kentucky Colonel Bowl - not very much flavor and sort of dry. He asked for extra gravy which wasn't good. (reminded him of store-bought gravy in a jar) He did love the biscuits.Special Features:
- Fun Birthday visitover50Dined on 7/30/2014Enjoyed the visit. Made reservations in advance, which is advisable!Special Features:
- Lovely evening!DelishDined on 7/29/2014We've dined here a few times, and always enjoy what we get! We tried the crispy chicken skins; they can best be described as glorified pork rinds.. Delish! I got the April in Paris with chicken added; it is messy, but worth all the gooeyness getting everywhere. My boyfriend got the short ribs which seemed to be a hit with him! I wasn't too pleased with the cocktail I ordered: the spa water or whatever. I love gin, but not my cup of tea. Craft Beer selection changes often, a facet which we love! Our server JT was friendly, he answered a million and one questions I threw at him. We like taking our time, and usually ask for the meal to be paced so it wasn't a big deal, but get ready to wait a bit longer than average for anything here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great nightOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/29/2014Great food and so many choices on the menu. The drink selection are amazing. If you have kids bring them also they have food for them alsoSpecial Features:
- Outstanding different choicesOpenTable Diner Since 2011VIPDined on 7/22/2014The most difficult part was deciding what to order. So many of the items were unique and sounded wonderful. My sister-in-law and I split the Holy Guacamole and had ample to eat. Both of our husbands enjoyed their food as well. We will go back for sure.Special Features:
- Fantastic atmosphere and foodKittleDined on 7/22/2014The food was to die for; I ordered the braised pork shank and mascarpone mashed potatoes. Not only were the pork cooked perfectly (falling off the bone), but the potatoes were super creamy. The atmosphere has an industrial feel to it, with exposed piping and brick. It's also very warm, romantic, and comfortable; the lighting was dim and the walls were filled with an eclectic mix of bottles, goods for sale, and artwork. The waitstaff is very knowledgeable and was able to recommend safe dishes for those of us who are visiting for the first time. We celebrated our anniversary there, and when the staff found out, we were offered a dessert to take with us. I was just blown away by the hospitality and fantastic dining experience. We will be back!Special Features:
- Come with an appetite!WendyDavisVIPDined on 7/17/2014The food is different and eclectic...but the menu is very overwhelming. And if you are on a diet, or don't like eating fatty/heavy meals, you are out of luck. Everything either is deep-fried, has bacon, and/or jalapeños. Our server Mackenzie was the best server I've had anywhere in a long time! She was super friendly, right on top of our needs, and knowledgeable on making recommendations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappoiningWebmcDined on 7/3/2014Been looking forward to trying Datz for sometime. Great interior vibe decor as expected but food was disappointing. Had the recommended truffle fries which came warm and soggy ($10 for fries and not even hot or crisp??). Wife ordered the popular waffles and tweet, waffles were bland and tasted old/stales. Chciken was good with a nice crunchy exterior. I had the "April in Paris" sandwich was very good but the popular chips with blue cheese drizzle not so much. I would try Datz again but likely for brunch, but if my recent visit tells me anything it's not to get my hopes up. The next door "Dough" location also is ho hum with nothing spectacular. Took a few donuts home for the family and even those were stale and boring.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Creative MenuOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Most of the food was terrific (omelette was dry), and nicely presented. Of course, parking is a challenge in this neighborhood.Special Features:
- Always great food310LakesideVIPDined on 6/27/2014Hate the fact that you can't reserve during peak times, but the food is fantastic. The pork shank was phenominal. Never a bad meal here.Special Features:
- Fried Chicken and WafflesdaniDDined on 6/22/2014The reason I chose DATZ for brunch was because they have a fried chicken and waffle benedict and I have a Chicken and waffles addiction... It was every bit as delicious as I anticipated. However, I had a 930am reservation and when I tried to order a Bloody mary, I was told they don't serve alcohol before 11. This is important to know in advance. Additionally, there were a lot of children around and that was not hangover-friendly, especially without a Bloody! The service was okay. Waiter was cute, but not super helpful. I was disappointed in the grits-- not particularly cheesy, and they were very gelatinous. The bacon infused potatoes were cooked well but overwhelming flavor of bacon and not potato.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 6/22/2014Waiting for all in party to arrive before being seated is ostentatious and pedantic. Grow up and serve the customerSpecial Features:
- Great placeOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/20/2014It was my first time there. The food was amazing. The service was great. Wine list needs to be updated. There were some cocktails that was on the list but they did not make it anymore. Overall I had a wonderful experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delicious sandwichFLdinerDined on 6/17/2014Delicious chicken salad sandwiches and chips. I look forward to trying other menu items on another visit.Special Features:
- BetsyDined on 6/13/2014We loved the pulled pork, chips, bread, cole slaw, meatloaf and succotash. Everything was excellent especially our server Maggie. She is an excellent server with the personality to go with it. She deserves a raise!Special Features:
- datz Amazing!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/9/2014Love, love, love the food, the service, the drinks....everythingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Horrible Servicemsspfl060714Dined on 6/7/2014Our reservation was at 9:45 PM on a Saturday night. While the food was delicious, it took FOREVER. The drinks were not cold. At 10:58 PM, the waiter told us that the bar was closed and he could not get us a second round of drinks, even though he NEVER told us that it'd be cclosing. He never asked how our food was either. The whole experience sucked. Don't go if you want to be treated well and enjoy your meal. Very disappointed.Special Features:
- not likely to recommendnotgoingbackDined on 6/7/2014we were not impressed with food, the appetizers were not good. we got a piece of carrot cake to bring home as a surprise for mom and it was terrible. expensive and not worth it. maybe a place to have beer...
- What a spot!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/3/2014May experience was great. You really do a good job. My date and I enjoyed everything. Our server Logan was funny, prompt, and had a great knowledge of the menu. He helped me decide on the stuffed meatloaf and I couldn't be happier. It was great. The veggies were perfect. My date had the shrimp and grits. The grits were some of the best I've ever tasted. You guys do a great job and should be proud of your work. Thank you for the great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great after-work spotnugirl67Dined on 6/3/2014Fun, funky and relaxed with an extensive beer, wine and bar selection and tasty modern takes on some classic comfort foods. Don't forget to save room for dessert, or a least grab something delicious to go! Highly recommended for brunch, lunch, or after-work gatherings. The staff is very accommodating and attentive.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great brunch spot!JJ330Dined on 6/1/2014I make it a point to head to Datz every time I visit Tampa!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time being disappointedcoach4448Dined on 6/1/2014We have dined here many times and always been very happy. This was the first time we have not been happy. Food was cold when we eventually received it. Service was so so.. strange things like being served cream for the coffee in plastic to-go ramekins. About the best thing this meal was the coffee. This was Sunday brunch and I know they get packed, but we arrived at 8:40 AM and it was not busy at that time. Not sure what happened, but this is the first time we have ever been unhappy with a meal here. I regret not addressing the problems at the time but we were both so unhappy we just wanted to get out of there. I hope this was just an off day. We always bring guest from out of town here and I hope this was just a one off bad meal.
- Good and getting betterOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/31/2014Just a good place to go at anytime. We always go there when in the area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!JenMorrisonDined on 5/29/2014Came for dinner & drinks with a friend...my 3rd visit (other 2 times were for brunch). We had a great table upstairs where we were able to chat, our server Gabby was great, the food was fantastic and the beer list is no less than impressive! Can't wait to come back!Special Features:
- Great place!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/27/2014Came here for my birthday with friends. It was an excellent breakfast! My only issue was that my dish did not actually come as the menu described it- no pastry crumbles on the nutella french toast! Everything was delicious thoughSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Could have been betterGaryDined on 5/24/2014We started with a cinnamon roll with bacon. It arrived cool to the touch and was stale. The eggs benedict with pastrami - the pastrami was over salted otherwise it was good. The fresh fruit was canned pineapple and fresh raspberries. The chicken fried waffle benedict was excellent. I would try Datz again for lunch.
- Love this placeFOODDUDE23VIPDined on 5/18/2014Chicken and Waffles for brunch was incredible, always great service and tasty food. My spot when I am in Tampa.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- We loved itBethDined on 5/17/2014Can not wait to come back--had a waiter on his last day of training(wish I remembered his name). He made our fantastic meals/experience over the top funSpecial Features:
- Datz, a Tampa neighborhood gem!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 5/16/2014From the food to the ambience, one word can describe the place: eclectic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highlight of vacationFood4lifeDined on 5/9/2014I took my sister to Datz for our last night of vacation celebration. The server was so helpful since we weren't sure what drinks to order. She spoke to the bartender for us and even brought samples in order to verify we'd be happy with her recommendations. The food was amazing and we had zero wait time between sitting down, ordering, and eating. This was due to the fact that we went early (5:45pm) and had reservations. When we left the line for a table was literally out the door.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A GREAT Sunday BrunchMrBillDined on 5/4/2014Loved the brunch on Sunday morning. The bakery items available were fresh and so good. Loved the Monkey Bread that was served. My Eggs Benedict were perfect and the Eggs and Hash was outstanding.Special Features:
- Great food!Familyof4Dined on 5/3/2014Our first visit to Datz did not disappoint! Great menu and kid friendly. Service was great too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 386 reviews are from the Datz reviews archive.
- No reservation????jessyjDined on 4/26/2014I booked our table a week before our visit on Open Table. I received a confirmation from open table the day before our visit like usual. When we arrived on time to DATZ the hostess said they had no record of our reservation. I showed her my Open Table confirmation and she said "sometimes the restaurant blocks those reservations and doesn't tell you" WHAT? She placed us on a wait and we were seated about 15-20 minutes later though the restaurant was no more than 1/2 full. She also rolled her eyes several times and never once apologized. Once we got to the table everything was yummy and our server, Peter was fantastic. If you can get past the rude hostesses will be fine.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Datz dinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/26/2014The food & service were both great! Great beer selection and creative cocktails too@.Special Features:
- Great eveningCupcakefanDined on 4/24/2014This was our first visit to Datz and we enjoyed every minute of our dining experience. We were seated at a table upstairs with a balcony view of the lobby below. Our sandwiches were delicious and our waiter, Joshua, was very helpful and provided great service. It was our daughter's birthday and he brought her the absolute best Peanut Butter Cup Cupcake with a sparkler on top to make this a most memorable occasion for all of us. ,Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- i love this placefullandsatisfiedDined on 4/12/2014Datz is unlike any other restaurant I have ever been too. The lay out of the restaurants is so cool and allows for plenty of space for lots of diners but also keels you from feeling like you are eating off of someone's dinner plate. The food is unlike anything you will find in Tampa. This restaurants specializes in bacon and their sandwiches are to die for. I can't wait to go back to try their breakfast.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Late LunchluvgoodeatsDined on 4/5/2014We went as a group of 5 for a late lunch on a Saturday and were not disappointed. Both the reuben and short ribs were delicious! The watress was charming and well versed with the menue and drink selections.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing!MollDined on 4/5/2014Any time I have visitors from out of town, I bring them to Datz! Everyone has fallen in love with the restaurant and its vibe! Thank you for always impressing and for a good time, every time!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Atlanta Foodie Loved This Gem!ATLFOODIEDined on 4/2/2014The food was inventive, the service was great and the Oreo beignets were to die for!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I have been to Datz beforeFoodielifeDined on 3/29/2014I have been to Datz before with my boyfriend and we loved it. In that, I suggested we go for my best friend's birthday. Unfortunately, the food was cold and disappointing. I was so upset. The place was slammed so we just paid and went on our way. I love the atmosphere and the food was fantastic the first time, but consistency is key.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.