302 George St.
New Brunswick, NJ 08901Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.darylrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 7322537780
- Hours of Operation:
Mon: 5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Tue - Thu: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
5:00 pm - 10:00 pm
Fri: 11:30 am - 2:30 pm
5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
Sat: 5:00 pm - 11:00 pm
11:00 pm - 1:00 am
Sun: 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American
- Executive Chef: Zod Arifai
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Special Events: We have occasional special events which we promote via our website, facebook, twitter and mailing list
A word from daryl Restaurant
Innovative. Imaginative. Delicious. Food Worth Waiting For... DarylContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
daryl Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- Noise level was very low!OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/18/2013We made our reservation through Open table and got the confirmation. When we showed up last Thursday. The restaurant was dark and no announcement was posted. This is absolutely unprofessional and regrettable on the side of the restaurant but does Open Table have no insight whether the affiliated restaurants are still in business?
- very good with caveatsfussyVIPDined on 7/11/2013we recently ate a Daryl's with their revised menu. I would say that although the quality of the food was very high, there were several concerns to share. My pasta with roasted cauliflower was delicious, although I had to search to find 3 small pieces of cauliflower from 1 little florette----we're talking cauliflower here, not caviar. My husband is not an adventurous eater and he felt there weren't enough choices of simply prepared food. I don't necessarily agree with him but it was a little off-putting to have his steak arrive with so much of the fat still attached. The steak had been sliced so it was in a sense trimmed already so why leave on the fat. The servers were all pleasant and of course the wine choices was fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Go for dinner, not lunchBertVIPDined on 6/21/2013I have visited this restaurant on numerous occasions during dinnertime and have been very satisfied with the service, food and wine list. However, this time I took a friend out for lunch and had a totally different experience. My guest could not eat dairy products. She had asked what the salad contained and was told the basic salad ingredients. Her first course came covered in feta cheese and had to be sent back. I had ordered a burger without cheese served medium. What came to the table was a very rare cheeseburger in a burnt roll. I tried hard to eat it, but had to leave it on my plate. I had to call over another server to get assistance. The manager heard about our problems and did come over to tell us the meal was on them.Special Features:
- Food was great!! Service needsAnemoneDined on 6/8/2013Food was great!! Service needs to be more polished and attentive to match the upscale food!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SolidOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/3/2013I needed to meet a colleague for an early dinner -- and we had a choice of anywhere along the NJ Turnpike within an hour of NYC. New Brunswick, being just a few minutes off the highway, was a good option, and this restaurant proved to be a solid choice. The wine and beer selection was excellent, including local beers and wines from all over the world and at a range of prices. The food was solid, and the menu gave enough options to satisfy most food lovers.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pre theater.OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/20/2013Had a couple of hours before the theatre. Enjoyed the tasting wine menu in 2 oz, . 4oz. and 6 oz. glasses. All 4 of us different appetizers. And were all very good. The short ribs with noodles could of had a little more meat. Service was very commendable. Would go back again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Enjoyable, Inventive FoodDavidDined on 5/20/2013We had a nice dinner here recently (May 2013). A nice selection of wines by the glass that were affordable plus the food had interesting twists on the standard fare such as veal short ribs. Would definitely come back.Special Features:
- Delightful dining experienceStephenSSDined on 5/18/2013We had dinner before the show at George Street and it was delightful. Soft shell crab appetizer was the best and our main dishes were also great. I had veal short ribs and they were perfect. My wife had the tile fish and she loved that also. All in all a great experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Worth a visitBertVIPDined on 5/13/2013I had been to this restaurant several times before and keep returning because of the quality of the food and the service attention to detail. The menu changes but the food remains consistently good. Tables are spaced far enough apart so you don't feel like you are sitting on someone's lap however, you can still overhear another table's conversation. The wine list allows you to choose how much you would like to drink. Red, white and sparkling wines are served in 2, 4, 6 oz portions of your choice. Bottles are also available.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved itOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 5/10/2013Tried Daryl's before a show at the State theater (right around corner). My wife and I thought the food was splendid. She had the special scallops (superb) I had the duck (mahgnificent). The server Lisa was very attentive and helpful since this was our first time here. look forward to coming back again.Special Features:
- The restaurant is a gem. GreatLuvgoodfoodVIPDined on 4/28/2013The restaurant is a gem. Great food and great service. An extremely enjoyable experience.Special Features:
- A great meal AGAIN1stimerVIPDined on 4/27/2013Once again we had a superb meal. First time for the duck, and the two of us who had it thought it was a great dish. It was cooked perfectly. and the currant and red wine reduction was exceptional. The other two diners had the pappardelle with shredded short ribs and loved it. The potato soup with mushrooms was the best of the apps. Service was very good early on, but then we had some trouble getting our server's attention, and it took about a half hour to get our deserts. If you're going to an 8:00 show, better get a reservation no later than 5:45. All in all, another very good dining experience, and though we live near the ocean in monmouth county, it's well worth the drive.Special Features:
- Poor dining experience...thisChristinaNJVIPDined on 4/20/2013Poor dining experience...this was not the first time I have dined here but it surely will be the last time. Our waitress was excellent and was very apologetic but the Bartender was horrible. First we had reservations and despite the restaurant being empty, we still were asked to wait at the bar for 30 minutes before being seated (at a table that was empty the ENTIRE time). The bartender was not attentive and did not greet us or ask for our drink orders until we were standing there for about 10 minutes. It took awhile to get the drinks made (she never asked me if I would like to order a drink) and then we were eventually seated at our table. The food is decent but the portions are embarassingly tiny. Overpriced
- Two of us were satisfied withOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 4/20/2013Two of us were satisfied with our food. The other were not at all happy with how their dishes came out.
- Daryl is my number one favoriteScarletDined on 4/17/2013Daryl is my number one favorite restaurant and I include NYC, D.C., Morristown, Bernardsville and New Brunswick in "my dining region." What more can I say?Special Features:
- What a fantastic meal!...weOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/13/2013What a fantastic meal!...we will be coming frequently!Special Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/9/2013Food was excellent. Waitress knowledgeable. Only problem was we waited 45 minutes for our entrees after our salad plates were cleared. So long I thought they forgot us. I was told by the wait staff they were not allowed to talk to the chef. If that is true they need a wake up call. We almost left. However everything was very good and I plan to eat there again next trip thru town.Special Features:
- Try the gorgonzola toast withOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/7/2013Try the gorgonzola toast with crispy duck and honey- it will not disappoint! Excellent wine list (to be expected), great ambience and the menu was very innovative. We had the oxtail ravioli and spicy tuna tartare- both delicious. I also tried a great cocktail called 'Trouble'. Yum.Special Features:
- We are regular patrons ofOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 4/7/2013We are regular patrons of Zod's other restuarants, Blu and Next Door. The food was innovative and exceelent. We were impressed with the very reasonably priced wine list.Special Features:
- Wonderful find near the theatresOpenTable Diner Since 2004VIPDined on 4/5/2013Wonderful find near the theatres in New Brunswick. Attentive staff and perfectly portioned food.Special Features:
- Great findMushieDined on 3/30/2013Having never eaten in this area before we were a party of 4 that was greatly surprised. Decor is outstanding and seating was benches that were extremely comfortable. Food was outstanding although the wait time for the food was too long.. Two people shared the seafod dumplings and then they had the strip steak special. One person had the duck meat balls and the duck special.No one left anything on their plate. I had the celery root appetizer which was outstanding. I also had the tuna tartare. although good, I would have prefered some crostini served with it. All in all great find. The waiter was not as attentive as he could have been When we asked for descriptions of food he was not great in details so we all got the impression he was new.Special Features:
- Atmosphere, good food, bad Mgmt.NJFoodieDined on 3/23/2013My husband and I decided to give this restaurant a try for our "date night". We were very surprised to see that the restaurant was half empty on a Saturday night. Never a good sign. Atmosphere is nice and modern. We had the tuna tartare, beef carpaccio, seafood dumplings and the duck meatballs. All pretty good, but I thought that the carpaccio could have been sliced thinner and the tuna was missing something. My husband had the filet and I had the scallops. Both good but nothing to rave about. The management(or lack thereof), I'm sure is the contributing factor to the restaurant being half empty. Rather than approaching tables, she spent most of the evening sitting at a table full of guys. Properly managed, this place could be a gem.Special Features:
- We were surprised and happyOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/21/2013We were surprised and happy to find this restaurant in downtown New Brunswick, just across the street to a very convenient and inexpensive parking garage. Literally, walk out the parking garage door, walk into the restaurant. The staff (Carle was our waiter) was excellent and attentive. The food was creative and delicious, and there are several dinner selections under $20. Also, the wine selection is superb. We went for a birthday celebration for my daughter and we will definitely go back.Special Features:
- Went for Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/17/2013Went for Special Occasion dinner for 6:00 pm reservation. We were the 2nd table occupied & waited a long time for the appetizers & entree to arrive. I could not get a mixed drink due to no blender. They did not have the beer of choice & recommended one. When my husband wanted a 2nd beer. Waiter said that was the last one??? Our waitress was non communicative regarding welcoming us for being first timers @ Darryl's. she did not mention the daily specials. The servings were tapas style. We had 3 course meal & was still hungry when we left. Overall the experience would have been better if we had a good waitress.Special Features:
- We were all (4 of us) impressedflavacrispVIPDined on 3/16/2013We were all (4 of us) impressed by this restaurant. Everything I tried was excellent, especially the seafood/fish dishes. Can't wait to go back and try something else.Special Features:
- What a good choice!OpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 3/15/2013We picked daryl online mainly for convenience - in the New Brunswick theater district and with a broad enough menu to satisfy both of us. What a good choice we made! The meals were fantastic. Excellent food, well prepared and presented. Great wines and service, as well. The only problem was actually deciding which one of the menu offerings to order. The restaurant is a 45 minute drive from home, but we'll be back, and not just because of a theater evening.Special Features:
- Great Wine and Food ExperienceOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 3/6/2013Daryl Wine Bar provides fantastic opportunities to explore extremely fresh ingredients in imaginative combinations. The appetizers are certainly worthwhile exploring all by themselves, the entrees have great portions, and the desserts are artistic creation. The favorite part is the wide selection of global wines that allows you to explore new tastes. Commendations to Fia Barisha, manager of Daryl WIne Bar, and her staff for outstanding service and attention. We sometimes just let them order the wine flights for us, and have always been pleasantly surprised.Special Features:
- we were in a hurry and theyOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/1/2013we were in a hurry and they were very accomodating without skimping on service or quality.Special Features:
- We went for a pre theatreOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 3/1/2013We went for a pre theatre meal. Food overall was good but expensive. Wines were served well in the appropriate glasses. The selection of wine at an advertised wine bar was unusual as there was a very limited eclectic list with not one wine I recognized. The bar was full and very noisy so it really is not the place for a romantic meal. Service was fair to good without pressure and well timed. Overall it was good but very pricey for the location and relatively sparce wine list. I would go here for a happy hour cocktail.Special Features:
- Had one hour. Notified staff.ezbfoodieVIPDined on 2/22/2013Had one hour. Notified staff. Ordered sandwich. Took 35 minutes and delivered lunch was incorrect.kitchen did not run smooth. Felt bad or waiters on front line.Special Features:
- Outstanding!!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/16/2013Great food and drink selection. Each meal was a decent size and was loaded with rich flavor. Highly recommend!!Special Features:
- Daryl Wine Bar and RestaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Daryl Wine Bar and Restaurant is exactly what New Brunswick needed. Its quiet atmosphere, dim lighting and modern decor, nicely complemented with sofa seating, creates a lounge-esque experience. The staff is professional, timely and very knowledgeable about the menu. The duck was cooked perfectly and the lobster salad was delicious. Definitely a hot spot in New Brunswick.Special Features:
- Wonderfrul Prix Fixe DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013I took my girlfriend to Daryl for a Valentine's Day dinner. It's located very centrally in New Brunswick, a couple of minutes from the freeway. The special prix fixe menu for valentine's day, which I heard about through a food blog, was the main reason I decided to make the drive from Belmar to New Brunswick. It was definitely worth the trip. Every course was delicious, appropriately sized, and seemed to offer enough courses to satisfy most diners.I had the spicy tuna tartar, scallops, veal short ribs, and coconut panna cotta. The water was very attentive but not overly talkative, kept our drinks full and informed us the their regular menu is as good if not better than the special one being served that night.Special Features:
- Food, service, and ambianceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/14/2013Food, service, and ambiance were all top-notch. Scallops with wild mushrooms and truffle oil were to die for.Special Features:
- This restaurant was incredible!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 2/9/2013This restaurant was incredible!! The duck was to die for and course after course the food and experience was greatSpecial Features:
- We went to Daryl's on my wife'sOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 2/2/2013We went to Daryl's on my wife's birthday. We arrived a bit early but the girl at the reception was very courteous and solicitous about our comfort. She was apologetic at the delay although it was we who were early. The table opened up right on time - we were showed into the private dining area which had room for just another table. Since we like a quiet dining ambiance we loved the table. The appetizers were great, especially the duck meatballs. The entrees were good too. The duck was excellent. My wife ordered the chicken which was pretty good. I ordered the rib eye steak which frankly was a disappointment. I've had much better rib eye at Outback Steakhouse and other steakhouses which charged much less.Special Features:
- OverallKatherineVIPDined on 1/30/2013Daryl Restaurant was awesome! We had a show to go to at the State Theater (which is right around the corner) and were running late. (We only had about an hour.) In spite of that, we still wanted to have 3 courses. The waiter and manager made sure that each course came out timely, but not on top of each other. When we went outside for a cigarette, the waiter even came out to let us know that they were ready to bring our next course. Food and ambiance were great, too. I'd definitely go back and highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Classy, sophisticated, urbancherDined on 1/25/2013Classy, sophisticated, urban atmosphere with food and service to match.Special Features:
- This was an excellent restarutant.OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/19/2013This was an excellent restarutant. I highly recommend it!Special Features:
- Really nice modern decor,OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 1/19/2013Really nice modern decor, and not too big, not too noisy and the food was outstanding. I had the duck and it was different and really good. The butternut squash soup outstanding. This was my second visit and I will be back.Special Features: