3800 South Plaza Drive
Santa Ana, CA 92704Neighborhood:
PersianPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.daryasouthcoastplaza.com/
- Phone: 7145576600
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:30am - 3:00pm, Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 3:00pm - 9:30pm, Friday - Saturday: 3:00pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Diners Club,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Persian, Middle Eastern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Dancing, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Smoking Area, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We offer off site catering for 20 people or more. We offer staff when you use Darya for Catering call General Manager for details..714-557-6600
- Private Party Facilities: Select our elegant private Mezzanine Room for your next private event. As you walk up the beautiful formal stairway, you’ll be mesmerized by all the room's beauty, starting with the gorgeously lit chandeliers that bring perfect lighting to set the mood for any occasion.
- Private Party Contact: Event Coordinator 8555770064
- Entertainment: Live Piano entertainment on Friday & Saturday nights from 7:00pm - 10:00pm.
- Special Events: Experience the Hidden Treasures of Darya, quarterly wine tasting events with 5 course meals, entertainment, raffle prizes. Call restaurant for schedules. Our wine Tasting Events sell out fast. Ask for "Rene" to be placed on our VIP list. Email: rene@darya
A word from Darya Restaurant
As soon as you step into the palatial dining room, surrounded by marble columns lit by gorgeous chandeliers, you'll know that a memorable evening awaits you. Darya's owners have offered Orange County excellent Persian fine Dining for 20 years. You'll be intrigued by the wide array of deliciously spiced fare. During dinner relax to the sounds of our piano entertainment, be sure to sample Darya's signature dish, naderi kebab--delicious, juicy chunks of center-cut filet mignon marinated in Darya's special sauce. Whether you're meeting friends or clients for drinks at the full-service bar/lounge or extending your meal on our waterfall patio your palate will thank you! Darya has also expanded its luxurious offerings to include the Mezzanine Room, which can accommodate up to 90 people. Celebrate your next meeting or celebration reserve now! Contact: Rene' Redjaian email: firstname.lastname@example.orgContinued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Darya Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
20 reviews since May 19, 2014
- Ambiance4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)good for groups (11)great for lunch (10)romantic (9)fit for foodies (7)neighborhood gem (7)kid-friendly (4)great for brunch (3)great for outdoor dining (2)notable wine list (2)late-night find (2)hot spot (1)Show More
- HAIFA1999Dined on 8/16/2014The food was perfect👌👌and i will come back again😍Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darya = Best Persian Food in OCTakeMyAdviceVIPDined on 8/11/2014We've dined several times at Darya. We always get wonderful service. The food never disappoints. This time our dishes were Dolemeh as an appetizer. Also, cornish hen chicken kebab, albalo polo, and lamb kebab. All were outstanding. Don't forget to try the Persian ice cream (saffron pistachio).Special Features:
- Great Food & Good Servicesam1Dined on 7/28/2014Food was great as usual. Service was good, but a little slow.eSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- LADimSumGirlDined on 7/13/2014Patio seating was great for a leisurely lunch. Persian stews were delicious!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous Persian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 6/28/2014The decor is magnificent, truly brings the feel of being in a Persian grande experience. The food is always delicious. Service was great and the music was just starting when we left. We went early, after the matinee at Segerstrom, but it is always the perfect time there. If you have never had their lamb, it is seasoned perfectly. A real treat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Go To place for Lunch and DinnerOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 6/6/2014Ive been coming here for years most esepcially if I have to stay late for work. This is where I got to, to grab late dinner. They food is teh best. Everytime I come here, I always bring and invite friends, families to try this restaurant. I never failed to impress them The staff, waiter and even the manager is friendly and professional. I always reserve a table in their outdoor patio.Special Features:
- PdotVIPDined on 6/6/2014Haven't been here for a while, but it is still great. Varied menu and good service and food. i had the lamb chops which were properly cooked and delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent food in lovely atmosphereHBGalVIPDined on 6/6/2014Our lunches were delicious! Service was good, too. A very nice meal with interesting flavors!Special Features:
- Kolika918Dined on 6/2/2014Excellent Service. The food is good. Good place to have business meeting.Special Features:
- lovely atmospherelocalsDined on 6/1/2014this is our favorite place for persian food, which we love. the eloquent atmosphere makes for a relaxing dining experience. we went on a sunday early evening, so not at all crowded. experienced wait staff can explain everything and you never feel rushed. the food is always cooked to perfection. i do think their prices have gone up. but then, the quality has remained high, so i guess you get what you pay for here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The following 165 reviews are from the Darya Restaurant reviews archive.
- Good food great serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/13/2014The menu is varied , the food was excellent The service could not have been better!! Great place for a special dinner!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AnonymousDined on 5/11/2014We've been going to Darya for 15+ years, and have never had a negative experience. The food is fantastic, the building is clean and elegant, the service and live music is amazing... I have nothing bad to say!Special Features:
- Great kept secretFoodCatDined on 4/29/2014Darya is a great spot for a business lunch set apart from the regular spots. It is elegant yet understated. The service and food are perfect.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice Family MediterraneanBeagle47VIPDined on 3/29/2014This is a particularly nice restaurant that is family friendly. We have been several times most recently March 2014. The restaurant itself is very well and tastefully decorated. Saturday that we went included a live band playing classic 40s and 50s tunes. The décor seems upscale but dress and "aura" is not so much. The waiters wear bow ties and provide decent service but the atmosphere is family dress, family like. I found the red meat very good (including Filet) each time I have had it. Chicken dishes are well-prepared. The vegetarian faire is also fresh and tasty. Nothing will shock the pallet here which is good if you are looking for a solid meal experience that welcomes the children.
- Classy and classic place to dineJohnDined on 3/21/2014Do you want a place to dine before the theater? Or for a special occasion with friends and family? How about a date night with a loved one? This restaurant fits he bill for all of those. The food is top notch with ambiance to match. And there are few places that have such friendly and accommodating service. It’s not the best place in town, but a very good and consistent runner-up.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Always a treat.wozanihbDined on 3/13/2014I've been dining at Darya since the late '80s. Always great everything.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Persian CuisineOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 2/16/2014In my opinion the finest Persian cuisine OC has to offer. Food is delicious, elegant surroundings, and live music. Never disappoints. I took out of town guests for dinner, and they were very impressed. I highly recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food and atmosphereGoMikeDined on 2/14/2014We came for the special Valentine's event. Very elegant decor, and they added live music for the occasion. The spicy eggplant appetizer was excellent. Unfortunately the menu was limited and fixed price for that night, otherwise we might have tried more dishes. There is an extensive wine list as well.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Valentine's DayprettyopenmyndedDined on 2/14/2014I went on Valentines's Day. The food was good, but they refused to let me select off the regular menu. This was an issue because they jacked up the prices to $60 a person. This may work at a fancy place where people have big money, but not at a middle level place. I saw several people get up and leave (which I should have done). The real problem came when they forced an 18% tax which brought my meal to over $150 (just me and the wife). For $150 I expect an outstanding experience and this was just average.Special Features:
- We LOVE Darya RestaurantFiveCrownsDined on 2/13/2014The food, the staff, and the ambiance are always outstanding. Thank you so much for making our dining experience so memorable.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best Persian Restaurant in O. C.SteakloverVIPDined on 1/25/2014Darya, near South Coast Plaza, is a beautiful Persian restaurant with excellent food and service. On weekend evenings they have live musicians as a nice background for your dinner. I have been eating there for more than 20 years, and the food is consistently delicious. They also have a full bar. The servers are very pleasant and efficient, and the restaurant itself is very large and beautiful inside, with leaded glass windows and art objects for decoration. They have no booths, but many tables to accommodate a couple or any size group. If you like kebabs made with filet mignon or chicken breast, or any other Persian dishes, this is the place to go.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Thank you!FiveCrownsDined on 12/20/2013One of our favorite restaurants. We love the food, the service, and the ambiance.Special Features:
- I usually think of Darya asTravelerVIPDined on 11/18/2013I usually think of Darya as a dinner spot, but what a delight it is at lunch. They have lunch specials, as well as the regular menu. I usually think of their meat as top-notch, but this time my lamb chops were a bit dry and slightly overcooked. However, the babaganoush is excellent, the tea is fragrant and aromatic, and the chocolate hazelnut mousse-cake dessert was superb. While waiting for my lunch companion, I was offered a cup of tea or coffee, or glass of water - a very nice touch, and very welcoming! This is still my favorite Persian restaurant in this area.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Service ?KebobhombreDined on 10/19/2013Perhaps not enough staff or too busy....we waited 20 minutes to discover our appetizer platter was given to adjacent table. Although we saw the waitress do such, she blamed the assistant. My combo dinner entry was incomplete - missing shrimp. Although I notified the waitress and cancelled the shrimp she brought it later anyway. We were "rewarded" with a free yogurt appetizer. Food was satisfactory. Try Antonello next door for top service, however.
- Best Persian Food in Coastal OCTravelerVIPDined on 9/15/2013This is our long-time favorite Persian restaurant. Mostly we order kebabs (beef, chicken or lamb), but we change it up now & then. This time, the Salad Olivieh, a potato salad with chicken, peas, and herbs, became our new favorite. The fish here is also very good. Service is usually attentive, but this time we had to flag down someone to take care of our bill. A small matter! We always enjoy Darya.Special Features:
- Over chargingOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/28/2013Darya restaurant has a habit of over charging. Check your receipts all the time.
- Awesome foodBEARVIPDined on 8/17/2013We drive up from San Diego to eat here. It is consistently great.Special Features:
- The restaurant refused toddddVIPDined on 8/6/2013The restaurant refused to accept my opentable dining certificates, even though they accepted my opentable reservation. the certificates were valid at the time we dined there on August 6 and did not indicate any exclusions that would make them unusable on that date. This is false ad advertising. We dined there thinking that we will be able to use the certificates since they accepted my opentable reservation. The reason they gave me was the other Darya Restaurant located in Costa Mesa, CA is the one that accepts the certificates but their location in Orange, CA does not. I would request opentable to look into this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Reservation ProblemOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 8/3/2013I made a reservation online through Open Table. When My friends and I entered the restaurant , I was told I didn't have a reservation, even though I had the confirmation on my iphone. After having lunch the hostess told my she found my reservation and apologized.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedRAYMONDVIPDined on 6/29/2013Having returned to Darya after a while we were disappointed at the drop in standard of food. Although good value for money the food quality seemed to have dropped. There was a lack of taste and some plates were cool, not hot as expected. Service has become surly and the welcome needs to be improved.
- Who knew?KritiKareVIPDined on 6/21/2013While traveling thru Orange County, Open Table offered me the choice to go to Darya- and I was in the mood for something really ethnic and traditional. Persian food in an elegant setting with a really pleasant wait staff was at the other end of reservation. What a fun experience with great tastes! I will have to make a point to stop in when I am next in Orange County!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 5/5/2013Darya was a great resturant and their service was beyond exceptional.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food qualityOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/19/2013Food quality is not what it used to be. Food quality has gone down, but prices have gone up. People vote with their feet as half the resturant was empty on Friday night at 8:00 pm.
- very Good persian restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2004Dined on 3/14/2013very Good persian restaurant with very friendly staff- asked about recommendations about appetizer -- waitress recommended an eggplant appetizer -- we indicated that we were not a fan --- instead we had very good Grape leaves --- she brought a taste of the egg plant and we agreed it was outstanding It's called Borani --- will order next time that we are here.
- Best Food in SoCal!!!wozanihbDined on 2/15/2013I've been dining at Darya for 25 years and they remain the best of the best. The food is fantastic, the ambiance is sofistacated and soothing, the service is impecible. Thank you Darya for maintaining your standards. Thanks also to Masy for outstanding service.Special Features:
- Let's see... band was warming-upOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 2/15/2013Let's see... band was warming-up for their 9:00pm show in the middle of prime-time dinner time (6:00pm), unable to hold a conversation until they ended 40 minutes later. Cigarette smoke from the patio enters the main dining area, meat was overcooked. I found management indifferent and only concerned about the revenue the nighttime crowd generates. Will never go again, will never recommend.
- Food was very good but tooDavidVIPDined on 2/15/2013Food was very good but too salty for me. Excellent service. I would go back again but only if the band is NOT rehearsing during my dinnerSpecial Features:
- Persian cuisineGilbertVIPDined on 1/6/2013Good food at moderate price with a nice ambiance, we will return as we did many times before
- Smoking ruined dining experienceTakeMyAdviceVIPDined on 11/5/2012We have been to Darya several times; however, this time we were so disappointed. We wanted to eat on the patio and enjoy the day, but someone was smoking. When I questioned that practice, the hostess told us they allow it. I told her I believed you cannot smoke even on patios in restaurants where food is served. I know of no other restaurant in Orange County that allows smoking on their dining patios. The result was that we had to move inside the restaurant. It wasn't what we would have liked but at that point, we had no choice. So much for a quiet, relaxing lunch.
- We downgrade this restaurantOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 9/15/2012We downgrade this restaurant because all the food from soup to rice to meat was over salted, extremely so. We also think the lamb kabobs we not really grilled on a spit but were just pieces of lamb meat that were probably tenderized and resulted in the salty taste. The service was good although I had to ask for the grilled tomato that was supposed to be part of the plate. We definitely would not return.