Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen
604 Columbus Ave
Boston, MA 02119Neighborhood:
Comfort FoodPrice: $30 and under
Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.darrylscornerbarboston.com/
- Phone: (617) 536-1100
- Hours of Operation:
Monday: Reserved for private events and fundraisers
Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday: 5 p.m. - 12 a.m.
Friday & Saturday: 5 p.m. - 2 a.m.
Sunday: Brunch 10 a.m. - 3 p.m.; Dinner 3 p.m. - 10pm
- Payment Options: Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Comfort Food, Southern
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Weekend Brunch
- Catering: We do both drop-off and pick-up catering. Menu featured on our website at www.darrylscornerbarboston.com.
- Private Party Facilities: Our party room can be reserved for a special occasion or private event. Please contact email@example.com to reserve a corner of Darryl"s Corner Bar and Kitchen.
- Private Party Contact: Presceia Cooper 6175361100
- Special Events: Monday is reserved for complete buyouts to accommodate up to 100 guests for private events, while an intimate back room can accommodate up to 30 guests daily.
A word from Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen
The “corner bar” is always the best neighborhood hangout and an integral part of the community. Darryl's Corner Bar & Kitchen is just that: the intersection of good friends, great food and live music. Owner Darryl Settles pours life back into the former Bob the Chef’s space with a sleek bar, exposed brick walls and sexy lighting that offers Roxbury, the South End and Back Bay the sophisticated social spot they’ve been craving. The southern-inspired menu is approachable yet dynamic. Diners can look forward to down home comfort food prepared with an uptown twist food in specialties like Traditional Louisiana style Gumbo; Roasted Haddock with Chorizo Corn Chowder and Marinated Tomato and Fried Chicken & Waffles. It's One of the few places in Boston to offer live jazz and R&B, Darryl’s hosts notable musicians 6 times a week. With its cool vibe, a friendly staff and late night menu until 1 a.m. on Fridays and Saturdays.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerComfort Food
Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen - Best Restaurants in South End ›
Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
62 reviews since July 31, 2014
- Ambiance4.2Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (46)hot spot (31)fit for foodies (30)vibrant bar scene (26)good for groups (23)great for brunch (21)romantic (15)special occasion (14)late-night find (14)great for lunch (4)kid-friendly (2)notable wine list (1)scenic view (1)Show More
- Funky gemOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 11/25/2014The warm, inviting staff makes you feel like family. I'm always struck by how friendly everyone is. The southern fare has something for everybody. This is truly unique among Boston eateries.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousMsangie08Dined on 11/16/2014I went here for brunch while visiting Boston for the first time. The food was great! There was a campaign event going on that morning so service was a little slow due to it being crowded but overall it was a good experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Best of SoulLloydVIPDined on 11/13/2014Returned to Darryl's for my usual fix of their delicious "glorifried" chicken (ask for it extra-crispy) that comes with two fabuolous sides. They were out of asparagus (my favorite) but the spinach was just as good and the black-eyed peas with rice wonderfully tasty. Service was considerate and friendly. Everyone there seems to be smili9ng. Had tickets for a concert (for which you get a discount) so had to leave just as the live jazz was starting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- great sunday brunchmealdocDined on 10/26/2014we had a great brunch experience with the jazz playing and the southern cuisine. hospitality was very good and attentiveSpecial Features:
- Great Food But LoudBowTailsDined on 10/24/2014Visited Darryl's on Friday night for dinner with my girlfriend and two friends. Had a nice table in the back that I hoped would afford a little more privacy for conversation, but the restaurant isn't very big, so the noise level was very loud no matter where you were in the place. The food and drink were superb and this is certainly a great little neighborhood gem - absolutely delicious food. The service was pretty spotty - drinks came out slowly but the entrees followed right on the heels of our appetizers. The live music was a nice touch, but the sound level during the dinner hour was so high we were talking loudly all through dinner and straining to hear each other. We'll be back but will adjust expectations for a second visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- HunterDined on 10/18/2014Great food attentive staff outstanding music. Loved the shrimp and grits and catfish was delicious.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Scrumptious!LloydVIPDined on 10/18/2014At my last visit to Darryl's, there were two treats. One was a terrific jazz singer (didn't get her name unfortunately), and, since I wasn't too hungry, ordered only the country fried wings. Eight of them, very filling and very delicious. What can I say--I'm addicted to Darryl's fried chicken, whether a full dinner (with two delicious sides) or just wings. Scrumptious!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/17/2014The food was really good but the service was extremely slow and the waitress was not attentive at all. She would disappear for 45min at several periods of time even after handing us the bill and we were ready to go...Special Features:
- Catfish cravings...NettaVIPDined on 10/15/2014...whenever I have them, I go to Darryl's. Great food, welcoming friendly staff, good music...a perfect night out!Special Features:
- Expect to waitAdevotee1VIPDined on 10/12/2014If u go to the restaurant expect to wait. Long line and must have reservations. Delicious foodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food, great JazzPeteDined on 10/10/2014Took my girlfriend here for dinner. Our server was awesome, food was delicious, and the jazz band was great! If I could wish for one thing to improve this place, it would be to add 3 or 4 more beer options. Mixed drink list was great though, my girlfriend got a drink called "Between the sheets", she loved it. She also got a burger that was spiced and cooked perfectly. I got a BBQ chicken plate that was cooked perfectly as well.Special Features:
- any hour of the dayLloydVIPDined on 10/8/2014Darryl's is so much fun to go to any hour of the day. My usual time is dinner and I love the "glorifried" chicken, with some terrific live jazz in the background. This is a comfortable, delightful place to be, the food is delicious and filling, and the atmosphere is relaxed and lively.Special Features:
- dinner at DarrylsBusmanDined on 10/4/2014Our first waiter was very slow After complaining to manager Marcy waited on me and my family and she was a absolute gem !!! Dinner was excellent the live music was a nice touch We are defitely going backSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointedborn2eatVIPDined on 10/2/2014First time dining here. Went for dinner with my daughter while visiting her at school. The food was quite good. Atmosphere good. Music too loud. Service was good until we needed our bill Waited 25 minutes after getting up twice. Our waiter never came over after dinner was served. He was too busy and never apologized when he finally brought bill. May try again but will ask for bill when dinner is served!Special Features:
- TEESKI28VIPDined on 9/28/2014Wonderful place - great comfort food, superb service and lovely music! We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Honoring reservationsRU4realDined on 9/19/2014I don't see what the point is of offering reservations if you can't honor them. Twice I have dined here and twice I have had to wait 45 minutes past my reservation time to get seated. It's ridiculous! Your front desk lady is a scatter brain - she has a difficult time seating guests even when there are plenty of open tables. This is quite perplexing. The live band is a great touch but the music has been so loud on both occasions that I could barely hear myself think. The braised beef and mamas lamb are delicious meals, flavorful and well prepared. The catfish appetizer is a waste of resources ... Just stop making it.Special Features:
- Over-bookedStillHungryDined on 9/19/2014Reached late for reservation. Told us it would be a 30 minute wait, left after waiting for an hour for a table with no end in sight.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 9/13/2014the best, and denise as always made the drinks and got our drinks, she is the greatest. great night out, music can get a little loud, but greatSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- And all that Jazzluv2dineDined on 9/13/2014If ur looking for southern hospitality and some great soul food, this is the place. The jazz band from Berkley was awesome and it was a great spot for a date night. I will say that the waiter did mix up the order a bit so my wife never got her mac & cheese, but the baked apples and black-eyed peas were awesome.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Daryl'sFredVIPDined on 9/13/2014Daryl's is a great find- amazing food from catfish to chicken and waffles, with an excellent bar menu. The place is small- so don't go without a reservation! The live music is a great addition. The staff are friendly and courteous and you will never be rushed through your meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I was extremely disappointedOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 9/5/2014The service was slow. The wait staff was poor. I was not gapoy because I was celebrating my birthday. My reservation was cancelled. I never got a table.Special Features:
- Great pre-theater dinnergretchenginjpDined on 9/5/2014Came for dinner before a play at the Huntington. Fantastic food and great service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good music scenearifattieDined on 9/3/2014Second time here. Food was excellent, as before! I tried the delicious Shrimp & Grits. If you don't mind the extra calories, get a Mac & Cheese side, cooked just perfect. I was eyeing the BBQ ribs on the table next to us! Unfortunately they were understaffed for some reason, and the service was unbelievably bad: we were seated immediately (thanks to a reservation) but waited for about 20-25 mins before we got water or even any acknowledgment from the waitress (she was maybe one of only two serving in the entire restaurant). Part of it was probably that this was the day before the end of a Groupon deal, but still! Aside from the terrible waiting times (even later in the evening when most diners had left), the waitress was friendly/pleasant.Special Features:
- Great food, comfortable settingJamesPVIPDined on 9/2/2014The food was outstanding the jazz was great a perfect place for a birthdaySpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great foodbobarDined on 8/31/2014The food was fabulous. The cocktails were also excellent. Our waiter was excellent when he was around. The problem with the restaurant was that they didn't have enough waitstaff.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- rebeccaiVIPDined on 8/28/2014kids loved the bbq wings and mac and cheese. gumbo, jambalaya and salmon entrée were fantastic.Special Features:
- Fun at DarrylsGroupleaderVIPDined on 8/22/2014Always a good time for girls night out...Staff are so professional and efficient. The fried chicken martini was amazing and my catfish with yams and mac n cheese was to die for... Live band and Dj following was great! Great date night or girls night out...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Bad & expensive buffet brunchLK63Dined on 8/17/2014Their buffet brunch was so expensive, $24.95 for a meal including french toast, fried chicken, mac & cheese, potatoes, and other southern items like collard greens and grits. $24.95??! What a rip off for cheap food, and that doesn't include any drinks or coffee. I could've gotten an elaborate seafood brunch at a better restaurant for that cost. Plus the service was soooooo slow. The jazz was great but way too loud, so everyone was speaking louder to hear each other. Overall, I would never go back.
- Great for a groupGreattimeVIPDined on 8/7/20148 of us dined here prior to attending the theater. The only small drawback was that we were not seated until the entire party had arrived. Other than that, it was a fun evening. The staff was great, the food excellent and the live jazz combo playing a plus. Always a really good vibe at Daryl's. Another plus is that Daryl is a active supporter of the arts. If you have theater or symphony tickets, there is a 10% discount on your bill. Well done!Special Features:
- excellent service, atmosphereTONTOWDined on 8/6/2014Great spot for any occasion. Terrific food, music and excellent service.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Poor lucksolomona152Dined on 8/5/2014Food: The food was absolutely delicious. We loved every piece of our meal. Lots of good comfort food! I'm actually from the south so this made me feel right at home. Plus it came out pretty quickly. Service: It took us over 20 minutes to be served at the table due to "getting lost in the shuffle" but our server was very kind and gracious once he arrived. Noise: There was a band that night which wasn't necessarily our cup of tea but more over we were seated right beside them-- my dinner companion was literally touching the musicians! Plus there was a birthday party happening beside us. These two things made for a VERY LOUD meal. We asked the hostess to be moved but she was unable to accommodate...
- The following 564 reviews are from the Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen reviews archive.
- Not a place for conversation...devs49Dined on 7/26/2014While I loved the ambiance of the place, I really don't understand why they serve meals - especially if your can't hear anyone you're speaking with over the music. The sounds really takeover the entire restaurant, which is fun, but not if you want to talk. The food was okay- nothing to really get excited over. I would go back for music- probably not for the food.Special Features:
- Great Food and MusicVgreerDined on 7/23/2014This is a great place to eat and relax while listening to some great music. The staff is very responsive and attentive, from the hostess to the wait staff. The food is awesome, great southern delicacies.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional Southern CuisinefoodnjazzDined on 7/22/2014Darryl's Corner Bar and Kitchen exceeded our expectations. We were greeted with a smile and seated promptly. The menu featured traditional southern favorites to more gourmet southern favorites. We were impressed by the manager/owner making his way from table to table to greet the customers and assess their experience. The wait staff was very accommodating. The food was absolutely delicious. Being jazz lovers, the best part was the jazz. The entertainment was an added treat. The group was phenomenal. We suspected that they were from the Berklee School of Music. This was confirmed when we asked one of the group members. Our only disappointment was that there was not a bowl placed near the group for tips.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Womp womp.NomBostonDined on 7/20/2014I want to like Darryl's. The menu is full of appealing options, the drinks are tasty, and the atmosphere is.... not something I love because I like quiet, but generally fun. However, 2 of the 3 times I've been here, the service has been terrible. This time, my girlfriend, her parents, and I waited 15 minutes to be sat for our reservation; the place was no where near full. We were seated at the end of their second dining room next to two empty tables that were not cleared of used dishes & glasses until midway through our meal. Our server appeared to listen to our orders, but did not, for example, bring an appetizer someone ordered as an entree with the meal. We spent long, dragging minutes waiting for our next courses. Not worth it.Special Features:
- ScottDined on 7/20/2014Chicken and waffles were solid but didn't blow me away. The chicken was moist and perfectly cooked, just didn't have a ton of flavor. The service was perfect though and I'd definitely return. My wife's kale salad was thoroughly enjoyed.Special Features:
- YumOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 7/19/2014We really enjoyed our experience at Darryls. The food was great and we loved the live entertainment. My only complaint is that the drinks are a little pricey. We ordered 2 appetizers, 2 entrees and a desert along with 5 drinks total. The bill came to around $150 and about half of that was the cost of drinks. Still worth the money, just thought I'd mention it.Special Features:
- Great as usualSharonFanDined on 7/18/2014Always one of our favorite spots. The food is great. Music just as good. Service is stellar! So much fun.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great music and food!BostonDined on 7/18/2014Restaurant manager greeted us at door and was super friendly. Awesome place to enjoy great food and music. We will be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Superb Sunday Jazz BrunchNMCSDined on 7/13/2014I frequent Darryl's quite a bit for brunch. Their food, jazz, and attentive waiters keep me coming back. Very friendly, efficient service, and you can't beat the all-you-can-eat soul food brunch with live jazz music.Special Features: