17 Murray Street
New York, NY 10007Neighborhood:
TriBeCa - Downtown
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://www.darkhorseny.com/
- Phone: (212) 608-3900
- Hours of Operation:
Monday - Thursday: 11:00am - 1:00am, Friday - Saturday: 11:00am - 2:00am, Sunday: 12:00pm - 1:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Comfort Food
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wine
- Catering: The dark Horse is prepared to cater your next corporate or family function.
- Private Party Facilities: We have a large private function ready to cater to all your private party needs.
- Entertainment: Karaoke, DJ's
A word from Dark Horse
Newly renovated, the Dark Horse features 24 draft beers, 20 bottles and 15 Televisions showing every sporting event. Book the large party room for your next event or take a seat in a booth with your own TV! Our menu features classic American fare with something for everyone.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Dark Horse reviews from OpenTable diners
1 review since July 30, 2014
- Ambiance3Noise LevelEnergetic
vibrant bar scene (1)Show More
- munchiemunchieDined on 9/16/2014Over priced burger ($14) was also overdone and chewy, the fries were fried twice and greasy. Last time had a more enjoyable meal.Special Features:
- foodieVIPDined on 6/8/2014One of the worst lunches I have ever had. Aloof server and B rating, will never be back!
- Very Fine Lunch ExperienceAGDECORVIPDined on 11/26/2013I took a work colleague out for his birthday and we enjoyed a really good lunch and, as always, a warm welcome from our favorite waitress, Anne. Excellent drinks, attentive service - a good place to keep in mind if you work in the area or are visiting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Pleasant Lunch SurpriseBobNDined on 6/3/2013Being a first visit, made a reservation for 12:30 lunch and was concerned that a Sports Bar would be crowded and noisy. On the contrary, the Europeans must have finished the soccer playoffs and the NBA and NFL are playing at night. The restaurant was almost empty upon arrival and there remained some open tables throughout the time visited. Importantly, the volume on the televisions and overall noise level was just fine. This might not be the case if having lunch during a Yankees-Mets baseball game. The service was EXCELLENT (attentive but not obtrusive). There was a great variety of food choices at reasonable prices. The Pulled Pork sandwich was very good and there was plenty of pork and French fries. I recommend.Special Features:
- overall terrific. PerfectBethVIPDined on 4/14/2013overall terrific. Perfect for a low key dinner in the neighborhoodSpecial Features:
- I only had drinks here, butOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 3/25/2013I only had drinks here, but it was fantastic so I'll just give a 5-star on Food. Bartender was super nice and fun as well!Special Features:
- Fresh, pub food in an areapmmnycVIPDined on 3/14/2013Fresh, pub food in an area that desperately needs more medium-level lunchtime restaurants around City Hall.Special Features:
- I could do without the televisionsAGDECORVIPDined on 2/15/2013I could do without the televisions at every table. I could do without television, period, but it is a sports bar, I suppose. Food was very good, I had the biggest Manhattan on the Rocks ever served, and the waitress was lovely,very welcoming, and had a fun spirit. A great lunch experience on a Friday afternoon.Special Features:
- I was a little hesitant aboutOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 2/13/2013I was a little hesitant about this place because of the other reviews, however, all my coworkers rave about it. Glad we made a reservation as we got a booth with it's own TV! Service was great and quick considering how busy it was. Definitely recommend the buffalo chicken fingers as an appetizer and the salmon entree was amazing. My friend had the french onion soup and Dark horse burger (which looked amazing) and loved both of them. I don't have much interest in sport but seems like this would be heaven for a sports fan with all the televisions. Will definitely be going back.Special Features:
- Don't GoOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 12/20/2012The order was taken after 20 minutes, then the food came 40 minutes later. My colleagues had already left for another appointment. Embarrassing.
- My mistake was trying to eatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 11/27/2012My mistake was trying to eat a regular meal at a bar. Food is definitely not their strong point. Wine quality is also lacking. On the other hand, if you're looking for a local bar to get a beer and socialize with friends, then this could be the right place. The staff is friendly and that is very important.
- Beer With Breakfast... I'm in!OpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/11/2012We went for an early lunc/late breakfast. It's a bar, so I was a bit skeptical. But Open Table suggested it, this is New York and I was hungry, ready to eat something filling yet fast so that I could go do a few touristy things before leaving town. The Hangover Wrap was perfect with cheesy eggs and bits of bacon AND sausage. The potatoes and peppers on the side were fantastic. I enjoyed every morsel. Maybe we were early, but there was only one other table of customers in the joint, the waitress said it was because they had just opened for the day. It was very quiet, almost too quiet. Never mind that though. The most important thing: You can have beer with breakfast without fear of being judged.Special Features:
- Waitress was very unhelpful,OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/28/2012Waitress was very unhelpful, pleasant but curt to the point of being rude. Food was nothing special, we had the lunch salads; the only one of note was the beet and goat cheese one. We felt rushed, as a matter of fact, we were in and out in 45 minutes. No drink menu, no suggestions by waitress. Overall a disappointment.
- Nothing more than a sportsBonnieVIPDined on 4/14/2012Nothing more than a sports bar. Each booth has its own tv which is kinda nice. (We watched one of the hockey playoff games.)Best for drinking although the food was edible. Serves a purpose, although the neighborhood has many such places.
- Surprising Find!ColetteDined on 2/16/2012great group spot though extremely noisy! food is surprisingly upscale and quite delicious! portions are generous so there's a value. service was on point and very friendly both times I visited with my group.Special Features:
- big menu for a sports bar!KillerqueenVIPDined on 11/20/2011big menu for a sports bar! Great place for a burger and a beer. We stopped here after visiting all the 911 memorial places...Special Features:
- Not exactly what we had inOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 11/3/2011Not exactly what we had in mind for our dinner experience however our waitress was great and the food was suprisingly very good. If you are looking for a relaxed sports bar-type atmosphere, this is your place.Special Features:
- Great beers on tap, and theBizFoodieVIPDined on 10/21/2011Great beers on tap, and the menu turned out to be surprisingly good. Our server was awesome, very upbeat gal who was hustling all nightSpecial Features:
- I love this place! I selectedEricaDined on 10/14/2011I love this place! I selected Dark Horse for lunch with my co-workers, who are very picky. They work in the area but don't frequent many establishments. They loved the food, the drinks and the service. They are already planning our next visit!Special Features:
- we had a great time. goodluv2eatoutVIPDined on 10/13/2011we had a great time. good food - loved the TV at the table!! We will be back!!Special Features:
- Very good sliders and cobbJohnDined on 9/21/2011Very good sliders and cobb salad. I believe there was one waitress working, but she was great - very accommodating. I will be back with friends next time I am in Tribeca.Special Features: