4920 Underwood AVe
Omaha, NE 68132Neighborhood:
FrenchPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dariosbrasserie.com/
- Phone: (402) 933-0799
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Saturday: 11:00am - 3:00pm,Diner: Saturday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm
Dinner: Tuesday - Friday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Sunday: 5:00pm - Close
Sunday Brunch: 10:00am - 2:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Belgian, French
- Executive Chef: Dario Schicke
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Cafe, Counter Seating, Farm to Table, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), View, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
A word from Dario's Brasserie
Dario’s Brasserie is a destination for food lovers in search of casual, elegant dining, located in the heart of Omaha's Dundee neighborhood. Dario's passionate style of cooking incorporates classic French, traditional Belgian and modern techniques including the French method of sous vide. Here at Dario's Brasserie we believe Belgian beer pairs perfectly with any entree, such as mussels, steak and frites, and sous vide short ribs. With over 80 Belgian beers to choose from, you will find the perfect match. Our wine selection is focused on the regions of France and we offer classic French cocktails. The Brasserie has an inviting European style atmosphere, with a patio and a lovely bar area where you may enjoy a drink or have dinner. Stop in for lunch, dinner or our superb Sunday brunch. We also offer seasonal Belgian beer pairing dinners throughout the year.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerNeigborhood Gem
- Diners' Choice WinnerMost Booked
Dario's Brasserie - Best Restaurants in Midtown ›
Dario's Brasserie reviews from OpenTable diners
77 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (63)neighborhood gem (62)special occasion (41)romantic (37)great for brunch (20)notable wine list (18)hot spot (15)great for outdoor dining (12)good for groups (12)great for lunch (10)late-night find (5)vibrant bar scene (4)scenic view (3)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 11/16/2014We have been to Darios many times and return because the experience is always good. The service was outstanding, and we received helpful suggestions on interesting beer to drink. We tried the Cote de Porc for the first time. It was to die for! It has a paprika spicing on the outside, is moist and falling apart, and served with wonderful sides. There was enough for 3-4 people so we took home leftovers and enjoyed them. Thank you for a delicious meal and relaxing evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food, great service, classy ambianceRobertDined on 11/15/2014The ambiance was classy and elegant. The frisee aux lardon tasted fresh and indulgent. I had the bison ribeye, which was cooked rare (perfect!) with flavorful bernaise and my date had the veal schnitzel, which provided an excellent contrast between the crunchy breading and the tender veal. Our creme brulee had a very thick crust and gave a satisfying crunch as we smacked our spoons into it. As we decided to get another dessert our server recommended the beer cake, which was made with the same beer that he had recommended for my girlfriend to try. (His recommendations were great and our drinks were never half-empty before they brought out another.) Both desserts were truly wonderful. Overall every bite of food was some of the best we have ever had. We will definitely be returning soon.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experienceChipDined on 11/2/2014Excellent food and great service. The Brunch selection is one of the best in the city.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dining experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/30/2014This is a great place to entertain family and friends and out of town colleagues. The food is excellent and the ambience is comfortable, charming and friendly. This is a favorite place to showcase culinary excellence of Omaha.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our First visit at DariusWineNDineDined on 10/29/2014Our daughter requested to dine at Darios Brasserie for her 34th birthday. She likes trying different things and when she saw the word Pommel Fries on your sign, it brought back fond memories of Germany even though this is a French restaurant. We love the fruity flavored beers ( raspberry and apple) and they went well with our meals. All the food was well prepared and well presented, which to me, always makes a difference. You can tell the chef takes pride in his work! Loved the relaxing atmosphere and our waiter was very accommodating. We will definitely be back with friends!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of our favoritesFavoriteDined on 10/28/2014Love Darios! Has a wonderful,energy and atmosphere plus the food is always so great!Special Features:
- Excellent serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 10/25/2014The service was excellent and you are attended great. French onion soup is amazing as well as the short rib. Bison ribeye is a little tough and not so gaming taste you would expect. Prommes frites are excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Midwest French FoodMixedGreensDined on 10/24/2014When a "French" restaurant serves hamburgers and fries it's authenticity may be drawn into question. That being said I found Darios a pleasant alteration from the chain's that abound in West Omaha. Good wine list but the server couldn't tell me much about the Cab I ordered. For starters, the muscles were an exceptable option. To much heavy cream in the sauce but good flavor to the broth. For mains we had the tuna and bison steak. The tuna was over cooked and lacked presentation. The bison steak was excellent. Order it medium rare. The chocolate mousse was a winner for desert. I finished with a rye whiskey and bitters drink that was also top notch. The service was only okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- My Favorite Restaurant in Omaha.MonnieDined on 10/21/2014When I come to Omaha, the 1st restaurant that I visit is Dario's. I love the food, the ambiance, and the draft beers. It is a very authentic Belgium restaurant!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent menu. Very unique.OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/19/2014Tastefully prepared original issue dishes well presented. Great flavor with special attention to the accompanying mixture of toppings.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing French food!calvingirlDined on 10/10/2014Everything we had was delicious--the flavors perfectly balanced, the textures just right. Made a great start to our weekend getaway.Special Features:
- SlippageFbearVIPDined on 10/8/2014After years of enjoying Dario's, our latest experience was disappointing; it seems the kitchen has slipped. The main complaint dealt with the steak frite. The steak was done properly, but the portion was small and over salted. The frites, instead of being served in a paper cone, was dished on the same plate as the meat. They, too, were over salted and mushy. Also, there were no condiments for the fites, as is usual in the Belgium style. The coffee was tepid and because of the always ridiculously large cups cooled to an undrinkable temperature.
- Prix Fix excellentAmstoneDined on 9/21/2014Fries are amazing !/;34)8$!&&'muhjhkjlafghnzxxcčnnnnnmmnbSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Disappointing serviceDissappointedinerDined on 9/19/2014Food was great but customer service was lacking. First, made a reservation one week in advance & when we arrived, our table had already been taken & we were seated in a less ideal location. The AC was leaking on our table. When we asked for a new table, the hostess offered us a smaller table & basically had the attitude of sorry, too busy to make things better for you. Then we sat with empty plates on our table for nearly 30 minutes before we ever saw our waitress. When I make a reservation, I expect alot more than water dripping on my head & poor service.Special Features:
- Dario's Restaurant Week 2014natureloverDined on 9/17/2014We've always had a great meal at Dario's, and Omaha Restaurant Week dining was no exception. My husband and I had the Bison Wellington. We were surprised to find that it was a "deconstructed" Wellington, i.e., the filling and pastry shells (two pastry squares) were piled on top of the bison, but the food was delicious. The bison was cooked perfectly. Dessert was chocolate ganache cake--very rich and filling. My husband had the wine pairings, and all were perfectly suited to complement the food. A great dinner!Special Features:
- Great date night localenotafoodiekindaguyDined on 9/13/2014Celebrated our wedding anniversary and it met all the right criteria. Extensive wine and beer list although a lot must be bought by the bottle. Plenty of good finds regardless. Food was great and dessert was a treat. We had yellowfin tuna and a burger (what can I say... That's what my wife wanted) Pear crepes was the special of the night and didn't disappoint. Our server was very attentive and knew all about the Belgian beer I ordered which sold me. Overall great experience-would visit again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- BrunchCorkyDined on 9/7/2014Love dinner here so tried brunch--disappointed. Herb omelet rubbery texture, salad greens fresh & tender but overpowered by vinegary dressing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/6/2014Excellent as usual. This has quickly become one of our favorites. The beer list is extensive and the good is outstanding.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Diva Dario needs a new tudeFoodJunkieDined on 9/5/2014Great beer selection and nice ambience, except the diva/proprietor/chef refused to cook my tuna "medium", insisting that I take it "rare" as described on his menu. Other reviews suggest his diva reputation is spreading. Dario needs an attitude adjustment.Special Features:
- Would have been fantastic but...Meech18Dined on 8/31/2014Loved the food and the wine/drink menu, however, the service was poor. We were waiting for our food for a long time and saw that the table who sat after we did ended up getting there food before us. We mentioned that to our server, she did not apologize or have any sympathy, she just said that they probably ordered something that took less time to cook. We also had to get her attention several times before getting ketchup. We also had to wait 10 minutes for her to pick up the bill in order for my credit card to be processed.Special Features:
- My favorite restaurant in OmahaMonnieDined on 8/29/2014When ever I come home to visit my mother, I always make time for dinner at Dario's. This restaurant has it all - great beer selection, outstanding, creative, fresh food and an ambiance that is just right.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Killer experienceOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/24/2014We sat down and look at the menu and we are very excited. the waiter came and was so knowledgeable and express the food so well. the wine list was great.a wonderful experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Dario's. I wish the waiter (or the board out front) would have told me the lobster risotto was $32.00. Thought that was a bit excessive for the small bowl of risotto and probably 4 tiny pieces of lobster. I definitely would have ordered something else.
- Great experience againNancycdeDined on 8/17/2014We've enjoyed Dario's on a few occasions and it never has disappointed. Mikayla was very knowledgeable about the food and beverages.Special Features:
- One of Omaha's treasuresLCOmahaDined on 8/15/2014In Dundee, Dario's offers excellent classics and up to date innovative dishes, all done to a T, with a comfortable elegance, an excellent beer list and good wine choices. Service is always excellent, and have never had a problem getting a table. We continually come back because we know we will get an excellent meal, and great service every time. Older children with adventurous palates can also be comfortable here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Our favorite Omaha restaurantLausbubDined on 8/10/2014Once again Dario's exceeded our expectations. Unique dishese, well prepared and perfectly presented. Red pepper, potato bisque was amazing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Back to School DinnerDanielleandWallyDined on 8/8/2014We celebrated a back to school dinner with our high school boys. The ambience was excellent, the meals superb. The short ribs and lobster risotto were tops.Special Features:
- The following 530 reviews are from the Dario's Brasserie reviews archive.
- Great time!blessedmanDined on 7/27/2014This is the third time that we have gone to Dario's for our wedding anniversary. We enjoy ourselves each time!Special Features:
- Always ExceptionalomahaboomerfoodieDined on 7/26/2014Every time we go to Dario's we are impressed by the consistently high level of food and service quality! It's nice to know ahead of time what they are going to deliver, and Dario's always delivers the finest experience in food and service. Thanks!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Ok...OmahaLadyDined on 7/23/2014Glad we tried it because I know it's been around for a while but wasn't overly impressed. Smelled old & musty inside. Service was friendly & split our checks without any hesitation. Food was good, but nothing outstanding.
- Bleh food.ABriardyDined on 7/19/2014Don't know what all the noise is about. I didn't care for Dario's at all. I was in a picky mood and couldn't decide on any of their extravagant dishes so opted for a cheese burger. It was one of the greasiest burgers I have ever tasted. I'm pretty sure it took 3 days to finally wash all the oil from my hands. The "frites" were meh. Good, not great. Hit the spot, I suppose. Would have tasted better 4 beers later. I will commend them on quite the beer/wine list. It's as big as the menu.Special Features:
- Excellent food and serviceShaderpixelDined on 7/15/2014Brought a friend who is visiting from NYC to this place. It was our first time trying Dario's out as well. Our server was very friendly. We tried some mussels for appetizer and it was delicious and full of flavor. I had the short ribs and it was perfectly done. It was charred just right on the outside while remaining tender, moist and very juicy. The food presentation is also above ordinary restaurants and everything was just done right. Would definitely return for more.Special Features:
- Had a happy anniversary dinnerintrodinerDined on 7/11/2014I would like to express my thanks to Dario's and their wonderful staff. I made reservations through the restaurants website (which was quite simple) I let them know in the notes section that my wife and I were celebrating our 5th wedding anniversary and anything they could do to make the night special would be greatly appreciated.when we arrived the hostess made sure to wish us Happy Anniversary and showed us to our special table that had fresh lilies waiting for us.Our waiter was very knowledgeable about the wine menu and was more than willing to give my wife and I a few samples of wine before we made our selection. By the way the food was amazing. We'll be coming back and recommend this restaurant to all of our friends.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dario's is always a treat!ThomasesDined on 7/10/2014Our family has developed a tradition of celebrating each of our birthdays at Dario's. Everyone -- from our steak eaters to our vegetarians -- finds something that's just right for them on the menu or as a special. And everything is always delicious! The ambiance is just right. It's just cozy enough, with a wonderful bar. We plan to return, celebration after celebration.Special Features:
- The king of the fishYaToastDined on 7/6/2014I had the King Salmon entree. My date had a mussels pot. They were both spectacular. By far the best Salmon I have ever had, and I would order again in a heartbeat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Service and Meal.FlogginvaughanDined on 7/5/2014The cheese plate and celery soup were special tonight. Service was attentive but not intrusive. Braunswiger turine was exceptional. Great fun evening with family.Special Features:
- Delicious!BabyDined on 7/2/2014Food and service were excellent. I will return for the delicious, high end comfort food and the service to match!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- What a find!QuattoslikesDined on 6/22/2014Dario's is awesome! Wasn't sure what to expect but we were very pleasantly surprised. The food was great, no, the food was awesome and their list of Belgian beers put me right back in Europe. Not only was the food great but the server rocked as well! We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- DonnaDined on 6/21/2014The mussels were delicious and my husband and I shared a crepe made with fresh basil and apricots. It was fabulous!! Our server was outstanding.Special Features:
- Off night?cm43VIPDined on 6/20/2014Dario's is one of our favorite restaurants in Omaha and is consistently excellent. However, on this night, a Friday, the normal buzz was missing, not the restaurant's fault, and the dishes missed the mark a little. One dish, rabbit, was excellent, but the yellow fin tuna had a slight fishy taste and was overdone. The tuna was okay but not up to the restaurant's standards. The homemade peach ice cream was excellent, as usual for their ice cream. Still a good evening but a bit disappointing.