Darfons Restaurant and Lounge
2810 Elm Hill Pike
Nashville, TN 37214Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $30 and under
Darfons Restaurant and Lounge
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.darfonsrestaurant.com/
- Phone: 6158893032
- Hours of Operation:
Daily Hours: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am - 10:00pm, Sunday: Closed
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Contemporary American
- Executive Chef: Todd Albertson
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
A word from Darfons Restaurant and Lounge
Family owned and operated since 1989, Darfons Restaurant & Lounge has provided high quality service and homemade food in a warm, pleasant atmosphere.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Darfons Restaurant and Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 18, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelEnergetic
neighborhood gem (8)great for lunch (6)fit for foodies (5)hot spot (4)special occasion (4)good for groups (3)vibrant bar scene (3)notable wine list (3)romantic (3)late-night find (2)kid-friendly (1)great for brunch (1)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Great findNashvilleDined on 9/10/2014Hotel up the road recommended this location. Turned out to be a great place with excellent food. Salmon and swordfish was excellent.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great PlaceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/27/2014Great as always. I ordered the filet, and it was fantastic! The dessert was as good as always.Special Features:
- DarfontasticPaddiliciousDined on 8/11/2014Our hotel front desk staff recommended this place. Our thinking was its probably a neighborhood joint that the locals frequent. It is that and more. This location is convenient to Nashville airport and hotels. The exterior boasts a fine restaurant look. The interior did not disappoint. It was busy for a Monday night and the parking lot filled. The wait time was 30 to 45 minutes and that's when I said let me make a reservation - our reservation time at 8:00pm We were seated at 7:45. They take reservations seriously at this place! The gnocchi appetizer was the best I have ever had. I also had the filet mignon - medium and cooked perfectly. The mixed drinks list was quite interesting and lots to choose from and great tasting.Special Features:
- Bad serviceFoodieVIPDined on 7/21/2014The food is always great and usually the service is pretty great too, but not tonight! We had to get up and find our waiter twice. He was not very helpful and had a bit of an attitude. Please bring back the customer service!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- out of townerOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/9/2014Hoping for a quality restaurant near our rather remote hotel...this is an excellent choice for food & service. Jill is the best waitress and the food was very very good. The gnocchi alfredo appetizer was fantastic...I mean incredible... as well as the garlic mashed potatoes with dinner. And I"m a damn good cook, so if I say it's good....it is :-)Special Features:
- Darfons was a great stop, AGAIN!CaseyVIPDined on 7/1/2014stopped in at Darfons and ate at the bar. Great scene there and great food. This was my second time in the Nashville area and we hit Darfons. I recommend.. casey consumermarinesupply.comSpecial Features:
- wonderful desserts!!mimiVIPDined on 6/19/2014Chocolate cobbler is to DIE for!! never take it off the menu!!Special Features:
- Good Restaurant to TryJJTennesseeVIPDined on 6/17/2014Darfon's is a good restaurant to try if you have never been to the restaurant. Although the prices are a bit over-priced, the food was good. There is really nothing special about the restaurant. It is similar to Chili's or Ruby Tuesday's, except that the prices are higher. The service could definitely see some improvement. The service we received from the waitress reminded me of "beer house cocktail waitress" service. The server was cold, basic, and lacked courtesy. I might go back if a group of people from work choose this place, but I will personally not choose this place if given the choice.Special Features:
- Thursday Family Dinner at Darfon'sFitnessbabeVIPDined on 5/29/2014Enjoyed a peaceful family dinner at Darfon's after landing at BNA on 29 May 2014. The soup and salad options are not the best and lacked flavor and creativity. Recommend going with the usual suspects such as sandwiches and burgers. Service is friendly however.
- The following 50 reviews are from the Darfons Restaurant and Lounge reviews archive.
- Great Choice!KimsDined on 5/1/2014Service was exceptional and friendly. The food was delicious. Salmon entree some of the best we have ever had. Ambience was great. We had reservations here after our flight landed in Nashville. Our flight had been delayed before departure, we called and they made reservation for an hour later with no problem. We will definitely dine here when any time we are in Nashville or recommend for those going.Special Features:
- Great FindOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 4/15/2014In town for Business staying near the airport . This was a great place food was delicious and had no complaints. Bar was crowded but I assume this would always be the case for this Hot SpotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I made a 40 mile roundtripDad05Dined on 3/8/2014I made a 40 mile roundtrip to eat here because the reviews were so good. It was ok...but not worth the effort for most locals. If you are staying out by the airport, this is probably a good local option. The restaurant has a concrete floor and hard ceilings so it is very loud (i'm 52 so I'm an old person). It's kind of like an O'charleys or a Longhorn Steaks...adequate but not memorable. Also...there was a large group there that night...so the servers were struggling to keep up.
- Never dissappointed:)ReadytofeastVIPDined on 3/6/2014The Kale Salad is the Bomb!!! Love it ! The bartender makes a perfect Sidecar:)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great find!DatenightDined on 3/1/2014Darfons is a great find in an area that you wouldn't expect. I wasn't sure what to expect. We made reservations for a Saturday night at 7:15. And they actually sat us immediately, unlike many places where a reservation doesn't necessarily mean you get sat on time. The service was very good, when we said we wanted to wait to order our dinner after we had ordered drinks and an app, the waitress respected that and gave us time, instead of checking back a ton of times. The food was excellent! I have the chicken davinci.... it was delicious!! I would definitely recommend this place!!Special Features:
- Consistent and goodReadytofeastVIPDined on 2/26/2014We used them a lot because I have lots customers in the area. They do excellent drinks as well as appetizers and entrées it is a very delicious spotSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Quick service, great food!foodie4lifeDined on 2/15/2014We reserved out table prior to arriving, obviously. There were many people waiting, oh those that don't have this tool.We started the night off drinking some local stout. We choose a Caesar salad and house green salad. Both were prepared well and very tasty. I chose the Jack Daniel's chicken burger. This was mediocre, not the best. He chose the catfish burger. He didn't like the overdose of picked onions. Too much of a good thing is bad. Overall, the experience was very pleasant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great neighborhood restaurantFredDined on 2/8/2014This is a great place to eat if you are in the vicinity of the airport. (It is 5 minutes from the Airport Marriott.) We dined on a Saturday night and there was an all evening happy hour. Our group had pasta and steak entrees and all were pleased. The Mediterranean pasta with Shrimp and Scallops was memorable and the rib eye steak was delicious and perfectly cooked. The ambiance was nice and the service was impeccable. Prices are very reasonable.Special Features:
- Close to the hotelEllenskiDined on 1/31/2014The food was good, as we had the prime rib, it was very tasty, but a bit tough. Ceaser salad was great. Overall we really had a good time there and would go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good foodBrownSugaDined on 1/31/2014This is a nice place to have a great meal. Service was great as well!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NYE night outDiningdocDined on 12/31/2013Very good food in a fun but not rowdy atmosphere Group aged 25-59 and all enjoyedSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great ExperienceCeresDined on 12/31/2013We are from out of town and chose Darfon's based on the information on Open Table. We were very pleased with the restaurant. The steaks were cooked to perfection and the service was excellent. We will definitely come back during our next trip to Nashville.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- too fast?crescentcityfanDined on 12/30/2013Wonderful food and friendly service in a casually elegant atmosphere. The cocktail selections were varied and we'll - crafted. Good variety of appetizers. My fish special had a parmesan-pesto crust so good that I tried to recreate it the next night. Our only complaint (if this is one,) was that our dishes came out too quickly, so we were gone in less than an hour. If you want to linger, we suggest oordering courses one at a time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great experience!LovefoodDined on 12/16/2013Food was delicious and service was great for our group of 6.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ConsistentOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 12/7/2013I have eaten here several time and they GREAT every time...Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- awesome food, great drinks...minuteCarolVIPDined on 11/23/2013awesome food, great drinks...minutes from Nashville airport.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another home run!burcehDined on 11/23/2013The food was great as usual. We invited a friend and she loved it. Darfon's now has another fan. She plans to have her son and family eat there when they arrive from the west coast for Christmas. We had such a good time that when my wife looked at her watch she couldn't believe we had been there for over an hour. We ended up having to rush to get to TPAC on time. The service was fast and courteous. We've had the same server before and she recognized us, even though we hadn't been there for months.Special Features:
- Nice restaurant close to airportBirthdayGirlDined on 10/19/2013We were in from out of town and wanted a nice place to eat that wasn't too far from our hotel. This restaurant fit the bill. The food was good - I had the NY strip and my husband had the prime rib and our waitress was absolutely wonderful. The atmosphere was nice too. We had an enjoyable evening. Would definitely recommend to anyone, especially those staying near the airport, who doesn't want to go all the way into downtown Nashville for a nice meal.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Appears to be a place forSuzeDined on 10/16/2013Appears to be a place for people to hang out after work for a drink or so, also, looks like it is a great local place. We were going to Bridgestone Arena for a concert, and decided to stay outside the city, after trying to book restaurant downtown, realized we were better booking somewhere closer to hotel and then taking taxi down to arena and back. This was a nice restaurant to do this.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- GHad a great date!ItsOfficialTaylorDined on 9/27/2013My girlfriend absolutly loved the food and so did I!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Darfons is consistentLauraVIPDined on 9/19/2013Three of us went for dinner and each entree was excellent. Fresh and large portions. We had the salmon, ribs and prime rib and each shared a taste of the other's. All commented on how great and consistent the food was. Server was attentive and personable.Special Features:
- Better than the reviews!OpenTable Diner Since 2009VIPDined on 9/11/2013What a nice evening. We were promptly seated and offered water and bread with a garlic olive oil...had to refrain from going over board, the dip was so tasty. My husband and I were splitting a meal and he chose the caesar dinner salad. I picked the house salad. When my salad didn't arrive when my husband's did, I asked the waitperson to please serve mine, that was when we discovered she put in an order for a full salad. She promptly fixed that and when the ribeye steak we ordered was served, she brought an additional plate and knife. She recommend the red potatoes mash and it was delicious. Also ordered a side of mushrooms. Too full for desert. The wine list was very nice and we chose a good California red that complimented the steak.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Anniversary DinnerToriDined on 8/17/2013We were in town and were looking for a reasonably priced restaurant to celebrate our 10 year anniversary. The waiter provided us superb service. The food was delicious and we were delighted when we received our creme brulee by how great it tasted. Very pleased with our dinner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nice surpriseTraveler25Dined on 8/3/2013We were a little worried when we saw the extensive menu. We started with a baby kale caprese. I had grouper over sweet potato and green beans. Cooked perfectly. My husband had the beef tips in a pasta with blue cheese. Tomatoes both sundried and grape, asparagus and artichoke in a creamy sauce. The portion of pasta was perfect. Loved that the meat was cooked perfectly. The dessert of mango ginger Stilton cheese paired with Marcona almonds and lemon wafers with a chutney was an unexpected offering and excellent. Keith was an excellent waiter. He was present to ask about our first bites and suggest pairings of wine and port. Very knowledgable about the menu and not afraid to make suggestions. Will definitely dine here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- only choice if staying at airportbillreedredVIPDined on 7/16/2013if staying next to the airport, just not much to choose from, so this is your best bet I usually eat at the bar as a solo guest, much of locals that are very friendly I think their pasta dishes are the best choice only 4 beers on tap but two are local brews which is goodI would recommend this to a friend.
- DinnersigmaDined on 7/2/2013Took my Canadian business team to Darfons for Dinner and were pleased with their steaks.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Dinner!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 6/15/2013My husband and I met friend for dinner at Darfon's. The staff was very friendly and attentive, without being obtrusive. Food was served promptly. My husband had the swordfish, which was excellent. Three people + a couple drinks + a shared (large) slice of key lime pie = $73.00. Ambiance is nice, albeit a little loud. Seating was comfortable. It was great to go to a local place and not a "chain" restaurant. We will be back, for sure!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food at Good PricesOpenTable Diner Since 2003VIPDined on 6/11/2013If we are ever back in the area, we will definitely return to Darfons.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Steaks are greatscarycarrie26Dined on 6/6/2013The steaks at Darfon's have always been great. This time we were seated right outside the kitchen door which wasn't great for noise or activity. The ravioli special w asn't great but everything else was wonderful. I do have to say that the shrimp was very fishy and maybe even frozen or not very fresh.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Find!!!CEB1VIPDined on 5/9/2013After arriving in Nashville after a long drive we wanted to find a place where we could get a great dinner. Darfons had an extensive cocktail list (with an assortment of drinks) and I enjoyed the Kobe Burger- it was amazing! Our waiter was also very attentive and welcoming to Nashville. I would definitely recommend this restaurant to anyone who will be in the area in the future.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Business lunch meeting withOpenTable Diner Since 2013VIPDined on 4/15/2013Business lunch meeting with a new client. I had asked for a quiet area - and the staff made an extra effort to accommodate! This is very much appreciated. They put us in a semi-private back room which really helped. My only suggestion/ask would have been that they closed the door to reduce the noise even more - but the way the restaurant is setup - it would have been contantly opened/closed for the wait staff. A great experience nonetheless!!Special Features: