1911 Aliceanna Street
Baltimore, MD 21231Neighborhood:
IndianPrice: $30 and under
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.darbarbaltimore.com/
- Phone: 4105638008
- Hours of Operation:
Brunch: Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 3:00pm; Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:30pm; Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Indian
- Executive Chef: Chef Anil Rajput
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar/Lounge, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Private Room, Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: We are proud to offer full-service catering. Please contact us at (410) 563-8008 for more information.
- Private Party Facilities: Darbar would love to host your next event! Please contact us for details.
- Private Party Contact: Vinay Wahi 4105638008
A word from Darbar Baltimore
Exotic...Indian. Prepare to be lifted to another world. Darbar is the newest Indian restaurant in Baltimore. The atmosphere at Darbar is casual and inviting, offering fresh food with a friendly and attentive staff. Reviewed by the Baltimore Sun as having "expansive and rich flavors" and "satisfying" and Baltimore Magazine says "the food will win you over." Darbar offers an extensive wine and beer list and a fully stocked bar. Our chefs endeavor to create a large variety of savory clay oven tandoori dishes and exotic curries for your pleasure. Experience the sights, sounds, and aromas of the best of fine Indian cuisine. We offer Vegan & Vegetarian options. Catering and delivery also available for special events and large groups. The restaurant serves a sumptuous lunch buffet and offers complimentary parking to our dinner guests.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Darbar Baltimore reviews from OpenTable diners
14 reviews since May 23, 2014
- Ambiance4.1Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (9)fit for foodies (5)romantic (5)good for groups (5)great for lunch (5)kid-friendly (3)special occasion (2)scenic view (2)notable wine list (1)late-night find (1)Show More
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 9/13/2014I adore Indian food. The Ambassador has always been a special place...and while Darbar does not have the same ambiance as the Ambassador, it's food is minimally as good if not better. It's great Fells Point has such a gem. And the staff is wonderful...clearly interested in making sure you have a great night there. I highly recommend Darbar.Special Features:
- LindaGDined on 9/6/2014Delicious food. Attentive service. Don't forget to ask for your 15% discountSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Customer Service OrientedchasteresaDined on 8/22/2014Wonderful proprietors of the restaurant. Service was excellent - they have 2 older teenagers who were superb (nice that they hired them at their age). Food was delicious. Dessert was different - it was Indian rice pudding we experienced for the first time. Can't wait to go back!Special Features:
- Darbar 8/15/14CateDined on 8/15/2014A wonderful place to go for an evening dinner with family and friends. The service is fantastic and personal, the food was plentiful and interesting, and we didn't have to deal with the rowdiness of an open bar area. That alone makes it worth checking out.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Exceptional FoodegettleVIPDined on 7/26/2014The food was incredible, and they were willing to make things off menu as well (my wife wanted Mattar Paneer, which wasn't on the menu, and they happily obliged). That said, the rest of the service was ok, and the ambience was just ok as well (though it's hard to hold anyone to the ambience standard set by the Ambassador Dining Room). Would go back for their chicken Masaledar every day of the week.Special Features:
- The following 92 reviews are from the Darbar Baltimore reviews archive.
- Excellent menudocgmVIPDined on 5/22/2014Darbar starts the meal with three delicious relishes to complement the generous plate of papadam: all spicy but not too hot. The menu features all the traditional Indian offerings but they feature more tandoor options than most others. Service was very attentive and everyone enjoyed their selections. I would certainly come again when I visit Baltimore.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DeliciousJaninBaltimoreDined on 5/2/2014Great food and service-a neighborhood gem-highly recommend it for any occasion. The wait staff goes above and beyondSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Neighborhood GemNieceeSDined on 4/25/2014I and 11 of my co-workers wanted to do something different for lunch. I ran across the DARBAR while traveling down Alice Anna Street one day. On the spur of the moment on Thursday we set plans to go. Made reservations through Open Table Friday morning. The lunch buffet was perfect. Had many choices of Indian food for those who have never eaten Indian Cuisine before. They too loved it. The service was great. Would highly recommend this restaurant for a great time out, while enjoying some delicious food.Special Features:
- Thank you cabbie for the suggestionTravelingTexanVIPDined on 4/15/2014Baltimore is filled w/ restaurants & the ethnic food has been superb. My cabbie who was Indian suggested this place and the lunch hour buffet did NOT disappoint. Wonderful. Masalla, saag, lentils, fresh naan and a mix of chutneys. Yum. Very fresh if you're the first patron of the day, too.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Indian Gem in Fells PointOpenTable Diner Since 2007VIPDined on 3/22/2014Tasty and expansive lunch buffet allows diners to sample several entrees (chicken, fish, and vegetable) appetizers. The chicken tika masala was well seasoned and very flavorful. Our server was attentive and knowledegable. P.S. Note the complimentary parking in Darbar's lot opposite the restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent Indian foodCiciVIPDined on 3/6/2014This was some of the best Indian food we had had in a while, with a larger and more interesting array of choices beyond the usual dishes. Everything we had was delicious. The only slight negative was our waitress, who was good at serving but completely clueless about the food. The owner came over at some point, though, and was very helpful. All in all it was a very enjoyable meal. I plan to return very soon.Special Features:
- Slow Service and Unappetizing FoodlovefoodVIPDined on 2/22/2014The lamb rojan josh tasted stale and old. The lamb itself was dry and tasted like bad quality beef. I would not recommend.
- Valentines Day CatastrophyHonestOpinionDined on 2/14/2014Simple set of facts tells this story. Reservation for 815, we showed up at 800. There's no host, just a bunch of backed up reservations crouding the entrance. We were sat as if we ddnt have a reservation ie after those with a later reservation time. Finally sat down at 840. Ordered very fast, got apps fast, main dishes took 40 mins, no apologies from anyone. Request check at 945, ddnt get it til 1000. No apology or realization by anyone that our experience was anything less than 100. Conclusion: This is a family run catastrophe. Grossly underestimated their service time resulting in major backup. Reservations need to be treated as such - especially on valentines day. Kitchen got seriously behind. At least apologize so I can be forgiving.
- great food, below average serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2014the food was great but they were a little backed up for the holiday so it took some time for us to get started. They also didn't fill up my water cup often enough and when we were done it took about twenty minutes for someone to bring us the check. the food was amazing though.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved it!ValentineDined on 2/14/2014The tables were spaced at a good distance apart so you felt private but still had and energetic atmosphere. This is my first time having Indian food and I enjoyed it very much. I got a lamb dish and ordered it mild and it was great! The service was great! Can't wait to go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome Indian right in Fells!OpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 2/8/2014Just moved to Fells Point in November 2013, and had been meaning to try out Darbar. I love Indian food - have been a regular at The Ambassador in the past. I have to say Darbar's food was as good if not better. Ambassador is a lovely and formal dining experience...while Darbar is a warm and friendly neighborhood restaurant (while modern looking on the exterior, inside it's just what one expects in Fells - exposed brick, etc. - very cool). The staff was so interested in our satisfaction. The food was awesome. If you like your food very spicy, which I do, just ask...and they will deliver...it was AWESOME and SPICY! A great restaurant...I can assure you I will be a regular.Special Features:
- Darbar - Best Indian in BaltimoreCykosomaticDined on 12/26/2013Darbar's food is consistently excellent. Our friends (former Baltimore residents) return from Michigan just once a year and we let them pick any restaurant for our annual dinner and they always pick Darbar--because it's ALWAYS delicious! Service is great, too! :)Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Hungry on Christmas2XmasDinersDined on 12/25/2013If you are looking for a moderately priced Indian restaurant, Darbar is a good choice. Located in Fells Point, the dining room is decorated with paintings and other art work with an Indian motif. The service was timely and attentive, and our orders arrived promptly. We ordered Chicken Tikka, Chicken Tikka Masala, and Dal Bukhari; all were medium spicy and delicious. Our only complaint was that there was no one at the hostess station when we arrived, and we had to wait a considerable amount of time in a cold vestibule before we were seated. It could have been just that the restaurant was understaffed on Christmas evening.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great servicesallyDined on 11/15/20131. great food 2. good portion size 3. attentive staff 4. limited beer selectionSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Indian food. A lot ofFoodLoverDined on 9/29/2013Great Indian food. A lot of my friends recommended Darbar as one of the more authentic Indian restaurants in Baltimore, and it definitely lived up to my expectations.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Above Avg Indian - Nice AtmosphereFoodieDined on 9/28/2013If you like Indian Food you will enjoy Darbar. The soft lighting and service is great and is romantic. One of the best Indian Restaurants in Baltimore.Special Features:
- DeliciousTomcat1585Dined on 9/27/2013New to Baltimore and missed great Indian cuisine. Not anymore. Can't wait to frequent here!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very authentic IndianDrschafesVIPDined on 9/23/2013Ordered the lamb vindaloo and it was terrific. great flavor and great heat..Every dish was wonderfully aromaticSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- quick dinner before a showesperanzaDined on 9/18/2013quiet, quick, good service, good food, good location, urban street parkingSpecial Features:
- Excellent foodOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 5/12/2013Food was amazing and staff was wonderful and extremely attentive. Not one complaint. Took our boys 4 and 10 and they had a good time and were even given a scoop of ice cream.. Will definitely return.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- NiceOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 5/5/2013The first impression is the restaurant itself which is nice. The second impression wasn't so great......both menus handed to my husband and me had dried food on them. In the hopes the kitchen is kept cleaner we ordered and were very pleased with the food. It is spicy and you can get it in hotness to taste. Doesn't really have a bar but some liquor. I ordered a cosmo. The waitress said if I told her how it's made and she has the ingredients she'll make one. I had wine.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First time and feel guiltyGlobalTravelerVIPDined on 3/30/2013First time and feel guilty about that since live in the neighborhood. Very friendly staff who enjoy explaining the food. Food is excellent! Make sure you discuss level of spicyness with them. Indian beer too!Special Features:
- I've been to Darbar severalOpenTable Diner Since 2012VIPDined on 3/24/2013I've been to Darbar several times for the lunch buffet. It's very good and very reasonably priced. The buffet selection changes frequently, but they've always had tandoori chicken, chicken tikka masala, and saag, which are all very solid. I've liked the chickpeas and the lamb in particular. There is some reserved parking across the street, which is a big advantage in Fells Point.Special Features:
- All of the staff members wereOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/22/2013All of the staff members were attentive and friendly even though we arrived late for our reservation. The food was delicious.Special Features:
- Have been a number of timesOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/15/2013Have been a number of times great staff and first class Indian Cuisine - great to find an Indian Restaurant (our favorite food) so near Fells Point and Little Italy. Refreshing change great decor too.Special Features:
- My friend and I arrived atGoodFoodHonVIPDined on 2/7/2013My friend and I arrived at 5:10 as the restaurant was supposed to be open at 5:.00. When we arrived we stood at the door waiting for someone to greet us but the staff was still vacuuming and we had to wait to be seated. The restaurant was freezing cold and we had to ask for the heat to be turned on! The server took a while to take our order and my food was fair but my friends food was awful. I would not return to this restaurant nor recommend it to anyone.
- I've been here three timesOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 1/15/2013I've been here three times (with 5 or 6 friends) -- each time was excellent and all found their dinners superb.Special Features:
- Fantastic Indian food. TheOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 1/1/2013Fantastic Indian food. The best I've had in all of Maryland.Special Features:
- Great food. Very good at accommodatOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 12/31/2012Great food. Very good at accommodating people with allergies and the staff was friendly too.Special Features:
- Great Indian food in a niceOpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 12/22/2012Great Indian food in a nice setting. It's great that a restaurant in the city has parking which is a plus. The owner stopped by to check on our meal and us which was a nice touch.Special Features:
- Good food, service was veryOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 12/22/2012Good food, service was very good and overall meal was very enjoyable. Definitely would come back.Special Features:
- I've been here twice. FirstOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 12/18/2012I've been here twice. First time it wasn't that great, but this time the food was really good. Service is a little slow though. The owner came around and was great.Special Features:
- Great food. Would not haveamy1buckeyefanVIPDined on 12/16/2012Great food. Would not have tried Darbar had it not been for a Groupon I had, but so glad I did and will definitely go back!Special Features:
- Darbar does a wonderful jobSultanofBubastisDined on 12/14/2012Darbar does a wonderful job with the various cuisines of India, and the service is top notch. They have even added a couple of drinkable wines to the menu, a rarity for Indian restaurants.Special Features:
- Always greatOpenTable Diner Since 2010VIPDined on 11/25/2012I have never had a bad meal at Darbar. The servers are always attentive and the food is very goodSpecial Features: