Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
1620 N Federal Hwy
Fort Lauderdale, FL 33305Neighborhood:
AsianPrice: $30 and under
Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.dapurkitchen.com/
- Phone: 9543062663x
- Hours of Operation:
Hours of Operation Dinner Nightly: Sunday - Thursday: 5:00pm - 11:00pm, Friday - Saturday: 5:00pm - 12:00am. Bar will remain open for one hour after the dining room closes.
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Sushi, Asian, Tapas / Small Plates
- Executive Chef: Supardi and Edi Mulyanto
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: Call 954 709 8766 for more info or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Private Party Facilities: Try us for your next event!
- Private Party Contact: Edi Mulyanto 9547098766x
- Entertainment: DJs and other entertainment, Thursday to Friday
- Special Events: Monday: Wine and Dine, Special pricing on wines
Tuesday: On the Biz night
Thursday: Ladies Night, complimentary drinks for ladies from 7 to 10 PM
DJ: Thursday, Friday and Saturday
Happy Hour: Everyday from 5 PM to 8 PM
A word from Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge
Dapur is the most recent and highly anticipated creation by renowned designer, chef and restaurateur Edi Mulyanto, who conceived Fort Lauderdale's most popular Asian and Thai restaurant. With his big dreams and cutting edge concepts, Mulyanto is always one step ahead. Alongside Mulyanto is one of South Florida's most sought-after chef. Almunir, has been known for innovative Indonesian and Malaysian cuisine. His artful dishes receive praise from critics around the world. Simply put, Dapur will be a cool, trendy spot with great food and drinks that will keep you coming back for more.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerAsian
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerGreat for Lunch
Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge - Best Restaurants in Fort Lauderdale ›
Dapur Asian Tapas & Lounge reviews from OpenTable diners
99 reviews since May 4, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (70)good for groups (61)neighborhood gem (60)vibrant bar scene (60)special occasion (59)romantic (50)hot spot (50)great for lunch (37)late-night find (28)notable wine list (23)great for brunch (13)kid-friendly (9)scenic view (7)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- Yummy food, slow serviceOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 8/30/2014Went for a friend's birthday. Our server wasn't very attentive and could have easily doubled the bill had he checked in on us more, or made better suggestions. The bar service was horrible. We received our first round of cocktails after we had polished off 3 of our small plates. We then ordered a bottle of wine, which didn't come until after we had finished dinner and desert, so we ended up canceling the order. The ambiance was lovely and the small plate items that we ordered did not disappoint. I don't think I would return simply based on the service that we received.Special Features:
- SpectacularOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 8/30/2014I don't throw the work spectacular around very often. But dinner at Dapur was just that. We thoroughly enjoyed every aspect of the evening and will definitely be back again.Special Features:
- back to being goodPaulDined on 8/26/2014this place got off to a great start a few years ago, but had declined recently ... well it's back excellent eggplant (a few varieties), tasty dumplings we had a variety of tapas and it was funSpecial Features:
- AwesomeHungrynlookingDined on 8/22/2014Great overall. We're tgere with large group. Ordered about 15-20 items only from the tapas menue. Loved everything we ordered. Service was fast, food was delicious, atmosphere in gwner is great. Will be coming back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Food but Loud EnvironmentSerenity1211VIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our first visit to this restaurant. We enjoyed 5 different tapas style small plates and were pleased with all of the food and the prices in general. The cocktails were small for the price and did not seem to have very much actual alcohol in them. The biggest complaint we would have is the noise level. The music is very loud which in turn makes everyone talk to try to hear each other over the loud music, which is definitely not something I look for in a restaurant. Other than this, I would recommend the restaurant for the food, skip the cocktails and if you hate loud environments then this one is definitely not for you!Special Features:
- excellentFabioDined on 8/15/2014Excellent food, Unique blend [of tastes. Plates well presented. A little pricy but worth it. Woukld nrecommend it.Special Features:
- Excellent foodJudypitutyVIPDined on 8/13/2014We were a group of 6 celebrating two birthdays. Ordered a bunch of small plates . All were fantastic! Has salads, and 3 entrees . The food was very good! Service spotty. Had to talk LOUD over the music that was the only bad thing. Would go back for sure!Special Features:
- Exceptional Cuisine..Friendly!LeezaRNDined on 8/12/2014I have enjoyed my experience at Dapur Asian Tapas & lounge immensely. The menu is extensive, and everything I have eaten has been delicious. The restaurant atmosphere is lovely; such a treat, I love this place. It is now open for lunch, and I wish that I could eat there every day.... Well, I have been there three times this week! .... The owner, Edi, is delightful, and has been there every time that I have been there. Obviously the quality of his restaurant is important to him; the attention to detail is apparent. They have this wonderful side salad that is served with everything, even sushi; the dressing is awesome. Best food in town! I am so glad that my friend recommended it.... I don't live nearby, so I might have missed it!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- The first but not the lastOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/11/2014I had heard so much about Dapur from all my friends and I finally had a chance to visit This restaurant is WOW! I am upset with myself that i did not listen to my friends sooner and try this place out.that Everything was wonderful,we were greeted by two beautiful valets outside and once inside, we were greeted by an attractive and super welcoming hostess, who suggested that we wait for the rest of the party in the lounge and enjoy the happy hour. We tried the lychee martini and it was delicious . Then we were seated at our dining table, it was nicely decorated . The food was incredible,The Brussel sprouts, tuna tartar, hot tower, the dumplings and Kobe beef sliders. I can not wait to come back. I may also do our holiday party at Dapur.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- easy diningOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 8/9/2014The food was good, the atmosphere was nice. The service was okay.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeFoodieMomDined on 8/5/2014WE had a great dining experience. From the wonderful service, our server was very helpful, recommending different dishes to choose, he really knew the menu items and was able to adjust them, like if spicy, put sauce on side. Thee menu was easy to navigate and everything we had was delicious. Definitly would recommend it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- JessieJessieDined on 7/31/2014Great place for special occasions and I love the set up.Special Features:
- As Always !FoodLover1VIPDined on 7/30/2014Dapur has knocked it out of the park! Their food is incredible, the cocktail and sake list is one of a kind and the service is always wonderful. We had a new server by the name of Drew who was a total ROCK STAR! Super personable and knowledgeable which made the experience even better! We ave been going to Dapur for almost 3 years now and it is always a wonderful time. Most of our Friends are already regulars now. Keep up the good work and we will continue enjoying Dapur!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellentsaraDined on 7/28/2014The food and service were great. I would highly recommend this restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Another wonderful timeFoodLover1VIPDined on 7/27/2014Always a wonderful time . We went with 4 of our friends and all of us wanted to celebrate our birthdays at Dapur . I know for sure that we will have an amazing time !! One of my friends went the next night with his parents and of course they were super happy too!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great bar and foodOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/25/2014All good Nd we will be back again. Tuna tower was awesome. Chicken was dry. Steak good as were dumplingsSpecial Features:
- Everything was great!OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014MY boyfriend and I went there for the first time last week and everything was amazing! Our server, Eric, was super helpful with recommending everything from the drinks to the food. I would totally recommend this place to anyone looking for a nice date night, girls night, or a nice night out with friends. We will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Nice ambiancedev2sweetDined on 7/24/2014Everything we ordered was great. Brussels and the lobster roll are a must have. The waiters were very attentive and nice. Definitely recommend this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CatskillelDined on 7/19/2014Great food..one of my favorites. Menu is interesting and you can order several small plates to shareSpecial Features:
- OutstandingOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 7/18/2014A great place for food, drink and nice time. Love the decor, it's inviting, and tranquil... It's one of my new favorite places.Special Features:
- Absolutely Loved It!!OpenTable Diner Since 2005Dined on 7/12/2014Me and my husband chose Dapur to celebrate his birthday while in Ft. Lauderdale. The food was great as well as the service!! Andrew was our server and made our definitely made it a fun night. The food was excellent and the drinks were innovative and refreshing. We will definitely visit Dapur again when in Ft. Lauderdale!Special Features:
- It was okluvfoodDined on 7/11/2014We have been to this place before and our first time was better experience than this second time around. The staff was friendly, but food was late. Some of the food was not fully cooked and one of the dishes that we order they forgot to bring. When they did it was mostly burned. My husband said that we are not going back.Special Features:
- In search of an identity.FredBVIPDined on 7/11/2014The food was mediocre. The sea bass I had was OK but frozen, the vegetables were tasteless and the rice was... rice. The ambience is weird. It feels like a warehouse that someone decorated for a pop up restaurant. The service however was good. Opposite the restaurant is a bar, where "small plates" aka Asian tapas, are also served. The greeter tried to steer us to the bar despite having a reservation for the restaurant, I guess they make more money on booze.Special Features:
- The best restaurant in town!!FoodLover1VIPDined on 7/5/2014I love turn my friends to Dapur! it always brings smile at the end! only complaint is that I couldn't order one of everything on this huge menu. We started with the crispy brussels sprouts- Amazing. Hamachi jalapeno were to die for, then we had yuka and steak, rock shrimp and fresh Indonesian rudjak salad. everything was superb. but seriously , never had red cabbage and tropical fruits this good on a salad, we had to order another one :) We had 4 different rolls and all of them were incredible. We are not going to be able to eat sushi anywhere else now. all of us agreed that for the quality and portion sizes, we expected the dinner to be much more expensive than it was Well done , Dapur!Can't wait to bring more friends and go again soon!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Chicken Fried...IlovefoodVIPDined on 7/5/2014Ordered chicken fried rice but tasted like it was fried in a tuna can... I think they have some issues in the kitchen...
- Can't have enoughFoodieVIPDined on 7/3/2014We love Dopur so much. We have been coming here for lunch and dinner , love everything about it . Everything is o fresh and tasty , the best Brussel sprouts in the world !!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Super Dapur!!FoodLover1VIPDined on 7/3/2014"The food is always outstanding! The drinks are one of the best one in town. We were in the back so it was very conversation friendly for our table of 10. The 4 of have been there so many times and 6 first timers.The service was also excellent with an extremely knowledgable waiter -all of his recommendations were fabulous and the staff was attentive without being intrusive. The manager came to our table to check in on our meal--she was friendly and approachable. Highly recommend Dapur for any occasions.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Surprise...Great Happy Hour!!ChefdelmarVIPDined on 6/28/2014What a fantastic surprise. I'm a local and never knew about this place! Great sushi. The lychee martini's are wonderful. I also loved the Korean ribs. I would highly recommend this place. I don't think this place is kid-friendly at all. It's loud and has a very adult atmosphere.Special Features:
- Great ExperianceOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 6/28/2014A true Gem. Cant wait to go back. Slick, fun good people watching and close to home. great value!!.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- 2 years and still love it !!FoodLover1VIPDined on 6/25/2014I went to Dapur fir the first time two years ago. I have brought friends, coworkers and family here , mist of them are regulars now . Can't wait fir their Indonesian dinner special. Love love this place.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly recommended!FoodieVIPDined on 6/25/2014What more can I say about Dapur, The environment is beautiful and very well decorated, the service is efficient and attentive, and the dishes are different than most asian restaurants and very well executed. The drinks are original and super fresh. I am very fortunate to have the opportunity to see their garden where they grow all the herbs and vegetables, can't get any fresher than that. Highly recommended!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dapur Rocked at their Singles EVENT1DivaVIPDined on 6/23/2014I attended a Singles Event at Dapur, last nite,-- which was outstanding, due to the ambiance, the music, the drinks and the passed hors d'oevres. Then I had a craving for their EXCEPTIONAL fried dumplings today,--so I went back for lunch. Two trips in two days says VOLUMES about this Masterpiece of a restaurant. The half hour trip from my residence, each way, EVAPORATES when I taste their MAGNIGICENT food, drink their wonderful Mojitos and relax in their serene and romantic restaurant. Dapur is BEYOND WONDERFUL. FABULOUS, NOTEWORTHY and OUTSTANDING!! Thank you to Edi, the owner, who prides himself on satisfying his patrons and maintaining his STANDARD of EXCELLENCE!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- CheesyErynDined on 6/21/2014Food was good place was super cheese. From the people to the decor, won't be going back for that reason only.
- All about Dapur !!FoodLover1VIPDined on 6/21/2014Beautiful place, great time, great food, definitely a great Fort Lauderdale for sushi and asian restaurant ! We will be back sooner than later !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OKLukeDined on 6/21/2014Had not been for a while since first visit was not great. This time, the bar seemed to be the highlight, but we did not go in for Happy Hour. Service was adequate. Surprised that they only had one special on a weekend night, and food was OK, but nothing special. MIGHT try bar at some point, but probably won't return for a third try for the food.
- above and beyond service level!WorldjetsetterVIPDined on 6/19/2014Food was awesome, tried about 5 small plates. Had pad Thai , was warned about the sweetness of the dish so I reauested hot chili peppers and not only did I get peppers...but if you like hot they have their own hot pepper sauce that has some good heat! Would definitely go back, pretty new but they do a great job!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Nothing to rave about .SogoodDined on 6/18/2014Pad Thai was boring, crispy duck was amazing, would return just for the duck. Waiter and waitress were excellent! Too noisy in the bar area to converse with friends, go to the dining room instead.Special Features:
- A great Lunch.FoodLover1VIPDined on 6/17/2014Had a great lunch yesterday! Fresh, creative dishes and great service. They offer a selected lunch menu and a full dinner menu. Service was attentive and friendly without being fussy, food came out quickly and a lively atmosphere. Will be back for lunch more frequently.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Terrific food and awesome service!JaxBch19Dined on 6/15/2014We had a group go four people that shared two appetizers (calamari, Brussels sprouts), three rolls (lobster roll was outstanding), three dishes (pad Thai was excellent) and two desserts (passion fruit tart highly recommended) as well as a round of drinks. We were absolutely stuffed with delicious food served by a very attentive waiter and assistant. Pricing was reasonable given the high value.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Simply the bestFoodLover1VIPDined on 6/12/2014Everything about Dapur is simply the best, the food, service and ambiance . Thank you Dapur!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.