DAO Sushi, Thai & Hibachi
200 Burr Ridge Parkway
Burr Ridge, IL 60527Neighborhood:
JapanesePrice: $30 and under
DAO Sushi, Thai & Hibachi
- Dining Style: Casual Dining
- Website: http://daosushiandthai.com/burrridge/HOME.html
- Phone: 6307895888
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Friday: 11:00am - 3:00pm, Saturday & Sunday: 12:00pm - 4:30pm
Dinner: Sunday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 10:00pm, Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Bar / Lounge / Bottle Service, Thai, Japanese
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Counter Seating, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: Check website for catering details. Party trays and catering trays available.
A word from DAO Sushi, Thai & Hibachi
At our DAO Sushi,Thai & Hibachi location in Burr Ridge we cater to give you a great experience with our fresh sushi, Spicy Thai and entertaining Hibachi. It"s a great place for family,dates,social events and business meetings. Our friendly staff always makes sure you have a warm welcome and a great visit!Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
DAO Sushi, Thai & Hibachi reviews from OpenTable diners
26 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance4.4Noise LevelModerate
special occasion (13)good for groups (11)neighborhood gem (9)kid-friendly (7)fit for foodies (7)romantic (7)great for lunch (4)scenic view (3)great for outdoor dining (3)vibrant bar scene (1)late-night find (1)hot spot (1)notable wine list (1)Show More
- great as usualDewiVIPDined on 9/6/2014it was great as usual. food was great. service was good. show was better than any other time.Special Features:
- The waiter suckedLilbitDined on 8/2/2014I have always experienced great service at DAO. This time, the waiter barely came to the table. It was not busy in there. My son and I were the only customers inside, and there were a few customers outside. Other than that, the food was spectacular.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Place!!!DiningDivaDined on 7/25/2014Dao is a wonderful restaurant. The people here are always so nice and they make sure you have a great dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Getting to know DaoSidBDined on 7/19/2014Always would dine at Sushi Train for an enjoyable night out. Dao was the ultimate find for the ambience was so calming after a long rushed day. Our server (another name for Rocky) smile ~ top notch!!!### Enjoyed miso soup, highly recommend Kani salad and any sushi will not disappoint you. We choose 5 different kind while taking some home for lunch next day best around.Special Features:
- Good show!SpankyDined on 7/17/2014My wife and I got there right when they opened for dinner at 4:30 on a Thursday. It was nice and quite. We had our own personal hibachi table and chef. He put on the typical show but it's still fun to watch. Spicy tuna roll for appetizer was delicious. Too much food for one sitting which is fine since it was a little pricy but the $20 coupon helped. I'll be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- it wasn't as it used toDewiVIPDined on 7/5/2014I have been there many times. This time was way below par. Service was very bad since we had to wait for so long to get our food cooked. Apparently someone told our table attendant to wait for other people, which shouldn't have been done. The cooking show was amazing as usual, but then the food had too much soy sauce, which ruined some of the tasteSpecial Features:
- Hostess staffRamsamDined on 7/5/2014When we walked in we were patronized for not specifying on Opentable whether we were having hibachi or sushi! Seems the customer was at fault not the website or there procedure!Special Features:
- The following 52 reviews are from the DAO Sushi, Thai & Hibachi reviews archive.
- WonderfulWonderful13Dined on 5/21/2014The service and food was great. Gluten free options available and a birthday treat!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 5/16/2014great food, slow service. very cold inside, loud and hard to hear simple tableside conversation
- Party-Place!JJProductionsVIPDined on 5/10/2014We tried this place out from a Groupon. You'll want to indicate in your reservation if it's for Hibachi or for Sushi only. . Since we didn't indicate this we had an hour wait until we were seated at a Hibachi Station of our own. Which was ok, we ordered appetizers at the bar. When we were seated, the hibachi station next to us had four kids and the other table was LOL, this was a party-place. The atmosphere is well lite, the menu offered Gluten Free options and the staff were accommodating, very friendly. The Hibachi chef was entertaining and funny, tho' I didn't appreciate the squirt of water as a joke or tossing of eggs into your mouth part...overall a party experience with excellent food!Special Features:
- Good sushiIslandChicGolferGirlVIPDined on 5/8/2014Enjoyed our meal and the sushi was well presented.Special Features:
- HibachidonnalDined on 5/7/2014I love the hibachi at DAO and want to try the Thai and Sushi on next visits.Special Features:
- BobbyeVIPDined on 5/5/2014Evidently Monday nights are not ideal for Hibachi. We had to change the time of our reservation (one hour later) as there was only one Hibachi chef working that night. The Hostess was clueless, but we came back as there's a Shopping Center right there and coming back was simple. Food and staff were good so I would come back another time. We learned that there are Sushi Specials on Mondays so they don't expect many people for Hibachi.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fantabulousDewiVIPDined on 4/28/2014I use a combination of fantastic and fabulous. i went with a couple who eat hibachi frequently, they say it is the best ever they had. food was great, entertainment was superb and service was nice... reasonable value for moneySpecial Features:
- HibachidonnalDined on 4/19/2014The Hibachi chef did a great job.....I will come back again and again for his "show" :)Special Features:
- hibachi grill has superior foodduffyDined on 4/12/2014Service was outstanding. Celebrated family birthday and the chef', server, support, and owners were superb!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Dinner at DaoKmcareyDined on 4/11/2014My husband, 16 month old, and myself had dinner on Friday and it was delicious. I had the scallops and shrimp, and my husband had lobster and salmon- all were cooked perfectly and not tough at all. Our hibachi chef was very friendly and accommodating. We will definitely be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Loved our birthday celebrationbob60Dined on 4/3/2014Loved our birthday celebration at Dao'! Cooked meals and sashimi were all wonderful. The service is friendly and efficient. We love Dao!Special Features:
- Just outstandingDewiVIPDined on 3/23/2014Everything was perfect. The show was really entertaining... Food was super delicious ... Service was perfectSpecial Features:
- yum!DelishDined on 2/22/2014Everything we ordered was very good! Loved the bear roll!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful experience!jr101202Dined on 2/22/2014Everything about this place was wonderful. The service is amazing along with all the food ... sushi, hibachi, drinks, etc. The setting is a great, quiet, and romantic.Special Features:
- Great experienceTerriCDined on 2/11/2014We came for a birthday celebration and enjoyed our meal very much. We look forward to coming here again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- AwesomeMichelleDined on 2/8/2014The whole experience was outstanding. The food was out of this world, the chef was entertaining. The only thing I would recommend is skip dessert. It was shameful for the amount of money you spent and I would not call it a dessert but a nibble.I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sushi in suburbiaAstaVIPDined on 1/9/2014Delicious & creatively presented rolls, seaweed salad and soups! Great atmosphere & fun pillow around low tables seating for groups up to 10. Delighted to find this place just off I-55 & County Line Road. We have been there twice in the past 3 weeks. Can't wait to go again. Sign up on their mailing list for $ off. Yummy!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Decent sushi well presentedTarheelborn1VIPDined on 12/23/2013We enjoy sushi at Dao. It is comfortable and the service is usually very good. I enjoyed sashimi and the rolls were good as well.Special Features:
- Hiabachi in Burr RidgeWillVIPDined on 11/27/2013This is a neat little place I discovered for lunch in Burr Ridge great place for a group lunch around a Hiabachi grill. Check it out with Co-workers. Dont forget to ask for a left over box.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Girls Nite outmishaVIPDined on 11/21/2013I have lunch at Dao all the time and love it, so I suggested it for our GNO. Food was just wonderful, but the service was awful. Had to get up and talk to the manager in order to find our waiter. No, it was not busy. When he did show up, just threw the sushi on the table, never telling us what was what. He was a friendly guy, just an awful waiter.Special Features:
- Family nighthungryDined on 11/15/2013DAO was a big hit with our family. Hibachi room was very comfortable, friendly and entertaining. The whole family had a good time., will definitely be back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- YUM YUM!ViejoDined on 11/8/2013Fresh and great tasting sashimi and rolls. Their plum wind is excellent.Special Features:
- The smell from the hibachiMeeeVIPDined on 10/31/2013The smell from the hibachi side is a bit of a deterrent - it's hit or miss if your clothes small as you leave.
- great sushi and great serviceDougDined on 10/19/2013our server was extremely knowledgeable of the menu and helped us pick three delicious dishes. He was also attentive to us but not overbearing. Looking forward to a return visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Hibachi ExperienceHibachiLoverVIPDined on 10/4/2013We had only been to Benihana and Tsukasa before coming to Dao. WOW. The chef was funny and engaging, and since it was just the two of us at his grill, he turned the jokes to more of an adult audience - no choo-choo-train onion for us! The food was delicious - the steak so deliciously tender, the shrimp appetizer delectable, scallops were phenomenal. The waiter was also attentive - which I've always had problems with elsewhere. Also, they take reservations, which we love knowing we're going to get to a table when we arrive, instead of sitting around for 45 minutes.Special Features:
- Tried it, but will not be back...NotsomuchDined on 9/24/2013I was there on a Tuesday Night to do Hibachi. We ordered the steak/chicken combo & the steak/shrimp combo. As an appetizer we ordered the Mexican Roll which was spicy tuna, jalapenos, cilantro and avocado topped off w/ a tempura crunch. The tuna was very fishy tasting. a little overwhelming actually. The chef who did the Hibachi was entertaining & nice, but I thought the food (rice, noodles, steak, shrimp and chicken) was bland. They definitely could have used more seasoning & spices in the food. The one thing that stuck out at me is that we had to pay extra for the noodles. Normally the noodles are included in the price of the Hibachi experience. The restaurant itself was very cute inside, but I would not go back.Special Features:
- Had a great night as always.luv2eatDined on 9/13/2013Had a great night as always. The flavor and presentation of the food was wonderfulSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DaoEdK8VIPDined on 9/13/2013This restaurant has a wide variety for every type of diner from hibatchi to thai to sushi. The fried rice is terrific and made to order. I have never had a bad meal here.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great!!!LoveHibachiDined on 7/15/2013We came for the first time Monday night, loved it so much we came back with friends on Wednesday! Great food, great service, and the hibachi chef was fantastic. Did many of the usual tricks, as well as many I had never seen before. Also had tons of one-liners that made the whole table laugh. It was a joy, and will come back often. We definitely got our money worth, and the food sizes were great. I finished my meal while my wife had leftovers the next day. Could not of been better. I highly refer any couples, group of friends, or family's to this hibachi experience!Special Features:
- Our favorite place for SushiTarheelborn1VIPDined on 7/11/2013Dao is our favorite place for Sushi. We are regulars there and we consistently have good service and good food. The rolls are very tasty and the tuna is very fresh. We have introduced others to sushi at Dao and they have become sushi enthusiasts.Special Features:
- Just OKjogipsVIPDined on 7/5/2013Went to Dao for the hibachi, so can't speak to the Thai or sushi menus. Our hibachi chef was definitely entertaining, but the food was just OK. The sauces were flavorless and the selections on the menu were limited. Since the hibachi section of the restaurant was at the far end of the restaurant, waitstaff was scarce. I feel there are much better choices for hibachi in the area and won't be returning.
- cant wait to go backOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 6/28/2013Very niceplace, excellent sushi and hibachi. Any beer fan has to try Lucky Budha. Saki fans go for the warm cantalope.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Outstanding sushi and greatOpenTable Diner Since 2007Dined on 6/22/2013Outstanding sushi and great service. Never disappointing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.