Danube Bistro Restaurant
11000 NE 10th
Bellevue, WA 98004Neighborhood:
ItalianPrice: $30 and under
Danube Bistro Restaurant
- Dining Style: Fine Dining
- Website: http://www.danubebistro.com/
- Phone: 4254528722
- Hours of Operation:
Open 7 day a week
Lunch: Daily: 11:00am - 2:00pm
Dinner: Daily: 5:00pm - 9:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Modern European, German, Italian
- Executive Chef: Rolando Montalvo
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Delivery, Entertainment, Full Bar, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Takeout, Wheelchair Access, Wine, Wine Bar
- Catering: We offer catering events of all sizes. We have done wedding receptions, birthday parties, and major corporate events and will be happy to do any special event that you may need catered. Contact Nancy at the restaurant.
- Private Party Facilities: Our multi-level restaurant makes the upstairs ideal for private dining events. This area is a quiet, intimate space that makes you feel just enough removed from all the action for your private dining experience.
- Private Party Contact: Nancy 4254528722
- Special Events: Wine Dinner Coming on August 29th !
A word from Danube Bistro Restaurant
Danube Bistro is a small and intimate two-story restaurant located in the heart of downtown Bellevue. Fresh pasta dishes made-to-order. Danube Bistro serves Italian and German cuisine. Danube is family owned and operated. In the summertime come to Danube to sit outside and enjoy the best dining patio in all of Bellevue! Danube Bistro is ideal for all occasions, from a romantic date to just grabbing a bite after work. Come visit Danube Bistro for an authentic and wonderful dining experience. The entrance is on the ground floor of the Avalon Apartments near the Bellevue Public Library. There is a fountain near the entrance that welcomes you.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Danube Bistro Restaurant reviews from OpenTable diners
- We visited the restaurantJuliaDined on 11/5/2013We visited the restaurant in the summer and sat outdoor. I ordered Hungarian goulash and it was delicious, the best i've ever eaten, so we went back for my birthday. My hubby's lasagna was very good, but my goulash was not as good. Meat a little tough and the flavor wasn't there. The owner insisted the chef was the same as in the summer, but i didn't believe it. The owner/waiter was very nice and the restaurant has a nice and warm decor with table-cloth cover tables and the prices are reasonable, especially for downtown Bellevue.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- I'm going back.RuthieVIPDined on 10/29/2013My friend went here for the first time and will definitely return. We started with a drink and were never rushed to order dinner. My friend ordered Sole Picatta , which she said was the best she's ever had and I ordered the Chicken Patrikash, and I loved it. The owner came to our table and helped with the menu and we both ordered his selection. We were able to relax and chat over coffee after dinner. The restaurant is small and quiet, so we were able to have a conversation without yelling.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Euro FoodfalbhanDined on 10/27/2013Kind of like taking a trip to Europe. All of the servers have moderate to thick accents, which is kind of fun. The Jaeger Schnitzel in particular is something that should be tried.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food good and an enjoyableOpenTable Diner Since 2008Dined on 8/30/2013Food good and an enjoyable time. Service is quirky but OK if you're not too uptightSpecial Features:
- ExcellentOnePuttDined on 8/18/2013We went early on a Sunday night and thus it was very quiet. We had seen the ad in the Bellevue Reporter and had been looking for this type of place so we decided to give it a try. . We both had the Schnitzels and they were paper thin and covered almost the entire plate. Perfection! Unique Bistro that has all the bases covered for an excellent dinning experienceI would recommend this to a friend.
- Even with a reservation, andtealrockDined on 7/13/2013Even with a reservation, and after sitting down, we weren't even acknowledged for about 20 minutes. We almost left. Food was fine however.Special Features:
- Schnitzel HeavenamazngoddessVIPDined on 7/12/2013Save the 2 hour drive to Leavenworth and enjoy the Austrian cuisine right in Bellevue.Special Features:
- Hat geschmecht!DeutschpaukerDined on 7/6/2013Excellent German dishes. Nice selection of wines. The outdoor seating was very nice. The service was very relaxed and friendly. We never felt rushed.Special Features:
- A Bit Too GoodMMWAVIPDined on 6/26/2013On this visit, the sauce on the red snapper was a bit too flavorful. It overwhelmed the flavor of the fish. The schnitzel was quite good. We appreciate the plentiful parking available. Unique for a downtown restaurant outside of a mall.
- Out of town Danube Reviewkjm2013Dined on 6/20/2013I visit from out of town. The Danube Bistro is one of my favorites in Bellevue. The atmosphere is low key, the food is excellent, and the Danube is a place that one can enjoy great food, with a little wine in a quiet setting.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Certainly not memorableRayBVIPDined on 6/19/2013Four of us entered the door for lunch and were told by a cook to go on in. We had made a reservation which didn't seem to matter. We sat and waited a long time till our order was taken. When one of our guys asked for bread and butter, he was told "NO." I asked again as I thought I didn't hear it right.and she confirmed they had no bread. Later on we given a basket of day old breads. The food was just ok. We had been there before and were not very impressed but thought we'd try again. They had no sandwich items on the menu which they had last time. The menu seems to have as many Italian pasta items as they have Hungarian dishes. If I want Italian I'd go to an Italian restaurant. I do not believe we will try it again
- service only OK, no Kids menuwhateverDined on 6/16/2013we went for a father's day brunch. There was no kids menu and it was father's day brunch. He said kids could order off the adult menu and they would make for kids, well they did, and charged us full price. The food was good, the staff are really special if they do say so themselves...I had the sense that I should consider myself lucky to be eating at their empty restaurant. I don't know if we will go back. My husband loved the eastern European comfort food. The menu is very small, 7 choices so I can't see going back more than once or twice. The food is very good. I notice they always have reservations avail even though the location is very, very small.
- Had a wonderful time, theReneeandJimDined on 5/31/2013Had a wonderful time, the waiter (who may be the owner) was incredible and gave us a lot of attention. He made suggestions and helped us navigate the menu. Second time there and we'll go back. We were a group of 6 and the waiter announced we would be having an "experience" versus a "meal". It was a very good experience.Special Features:
- eh...lovenot2cookDined on 5/18/2013The food did taste good... Once it finally got there. They were relatively busy and probably should gave had another server or two on staff. That may have helped with a number of my lower star ratings. Unfortunately we didn't find a new neighborhood favorite.
- Birthday DinnerChickenLittleDined on 5/14/20134th year in a row that we have brought my father here for his birthday. This one his 100th. Good German Schnitzel. Good service.Special Features:
- A Central European GemexoticeaterDined on 5/12/2013We visited Danube on Mother's Day. They were packed. I can tell the Slovakian family who runs the restaurant is not used to crowds, but they worked hard to keep everyone served and satisfied. The regular menu items are authentic and a good value. I had the goulash that tasted like it came straight from Budapest. Other menu items reminded us of our time living in Europe. The specials were more expensive but looked more substantial. They have a lovely outdoor seating area that looks like it will be nice for an August lunch. While Central European (Hungarian, German, Northern Italian) is not my absolute favorite cuisine, I enjoy it from time to time, and there are not many places in our area that do it well. Danube does.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Euro Cuisine w/nice American twistOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 5/12/2013Good food & friendly service. A bit tight space but cozy for friends-familySpecial Features:
- Nice little restaurantbellevuedinerDined on 5/12/2013Went to the Danube Bistro for mother's day. I had the jagr schnitzel, my wife and daughter had the chicken in paprika and cream sauce house special. The sauces on both had great flavor. Not too bold, but far from bland. Service was attentive without being overly so. The vegetables were cooked perfectly. My only quibble is that the calamari was slightly overcooked, but it tasted just fine. The price was very reasonable. Well worth another visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very nice European food, largedinerVIPDined on 4/9/2013Very nice European food, large portions, very fresh vegetables and salad, cozy atmosphere, nice neighborhood eatery, attentive service, great cappucino.Special Features:
- Delightful and delicious!BRC2272VIPDined on 4/7/2013We thoroughly enjoyed our dining experience at Danube! Our waiter was knowledgeable, making a wine recommendation that was delicious and perfect with our meal. My husband had the bratwurst and said it was the best sausage he had tasted in a long time, and he is quite a sausage connoisseur! My weinerschnetzel was delicious, nice and tender, cooked perfectly. We are planning a return visit soon to try the goolash, and the canneloni!Special Features:
- Italian is their best, GermanMichaelDined on 4/5/2013Italian is their best, German Brat's is barely edible, however their lasagna and strudels are amazing
- I loved the relaxed feel ofOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 4/5/2013I loved the relaxed feel of this place - small and cozy – like a comfortable living room. I definitely would return to try more dishes. The potato-pancakes was amazing and the Jaeger Schnitzel was good if not better than most I have had while living in Germany!! Service was well-timed and friendly, wines were affordable and the German beer was awesome!!Special Features:
- Great food. I'm Italian andAnnieo2Dined on 3/31/2013Great food. I'm Italian and my husband is German.The dishes were accordingly.Special Features:
- Great find!OpenTable Diner Since 2009Dined on 3/28/2013We had a very nice time eating lunch; we were the only patrons in the restaurant for a good portion of our time there, so it was nice and quiet. I can see where it might get louder if all the tables were full since there it's not a large eating space. The food was very good.Special Features:
- Poor service -- great foodOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 3/16/2013I could not believe that our waiter was rude and very non responsive. The other waiter which was not our waiter was much better and needed to tell the other one to respond to our request. I love the food but the service was one of the poorest I’ve had in several years.
- the food was good, servesfaainvaVIPDined on 3/10/2013the food was good, serves ok (maybe cause he had to wait on all tables. small location so it felt cramp. wines list is limited, but prices were reasonable. I think there are better Itlatiian resturants, but if you want some good German or Hugurian, yes.Special Features:
- We started with the ScampiRayBVIPDined on 3/7/2013We started with the Scampi appesiser which was very good. One of us ordered the chicken papkrisha and the beef stroganoff. The two dishes came cold. the chicken was ok as was the stroganoff. Both were a little skimpy. All in all we probably wont go back as it was quite mediocre.
- We have found very few restaurantsMMWAVIPDined on 2/28/2013We have found very few restaurants with good German food in the Seattle area. This one has a limited selection, but they do it well. They also have good Italian dishes.
- Give your review a title (optional)OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013We booked the Danube for Valentines through open-table. I selected it because they have Italian on their menu. The menu that night was fix-prix, with three selections. While it wasn't the Italian that my wife likes, she greatly enjoyed her weinershnitzel, and I enjoyed the oso buco. There seemed to be extra tables added for the evening, and it was more crowded than I would expect for such a small place. The waiters though made up for any worries - friendly and caring, attentive and not pushy. The only thing that was missing was espresso drinks - a staple in Seattle.Special Features:
- Exellant Couples DinningOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 2/14/2013Small restaurant that is excellent for one or two couples dinning. Food outstanding, service very good. a bit pricier than I expected but we would go back.Special Features:
- We keep coming back for theOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 2/5/2013We keep coming back for the delicious German/Hungarian food. The food makes up for the very small seating area which has a crowded feel. Pair the goulash or the chicken paprikash with a German beer on tap. Fantastic.Special Features:
- We had a large group (11 people)annonymousDined on 1/26/2013We had a large group (11 people) & while they were able to accommodate us, it was quite a tight fit. The size of the place is better suited for smaller groups & couples. Service was lackluster. the waiter was polite & knowledgeable but seemed indifferent, more focused on his smaller tables. We had to ask for water & bread while other tables who came after us were getting fulls service. One table actually had appetizers & entrees before we had to flag down the waiter for bread & drink order. We noticed the staff consisted of two waiters working the floor, no busboy or manager/host to assist with service for clearing of dishes. The food was delicious though.Special Features:
- Great little restaurant. WouldOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 1/19/2013Great little restaurant. Would defitely return when in Seattle. Loved the no corkage and tasty German food. A winnerSpecial Features:
- I always enjoy my meals here.Evgo7Dined on 12/31/2012I always enjoy my meals here. The staff is friendly and gracious. My only two complaints are that the food isn't served as hot as I would like (I guess the wait staff is slower than the kitchen) and the pricing is a bit high for simple food (although it's done so well and there is nowhere else to get this kind of European food here!). I recommend it for a special occasion.Special Features:
- Pro: Food and service veryMMWAVIPDined on 12/24/2012Pro: Food and service very good/excellent. Con: Not a great wine list.Special Features:
- This is a fine restaurant.profrobynDined on 12/21/2012This is a fine restaurant. It has much going for it. The atmosphere is cozy, the tables well supplied, the meal options are ample, and the wine is interesting and different. Overall, though, it lacks that extra something that would make it a neighborhood gem. It is not a truly memorable experience, but it is a fine place to visit, and I will probably return.
- This place has great authenticOpenTable Diner Since 2006VIPDined on 6/21/2012This place has great authentic food, and reasonably priced wine list!Special Features:
- If you crave authentic europeanEllenDined on 6/16/2012If you crave authentic european food, this is the place, tastes like homemade. Privately owned, service was good, parkign is free but limited. Nice wine cart featuring european wines with labels a wine note is a nice touch. A bit expensive but I don't mind paying extra to support local family business.Special Features:
- Took my wife here for herOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 5/15/2012Took my wife here for her birthday....we were not disappointed. Food was very fresh tasting as well as flavorful. You feel like you're in an expensive place yet the prices were very reasonable. We thought it was kind of neat that the waiter we had also owned the restaurant!Special Features:
- I was looking forward to hungarianOpenTable Diner Since 2010Dined on 4/26/2012I was looking forward to hungarian treats but.... the paprikash and bulls blood wine were both more like something I'd expect from malev (eg, airline food) - pretty uninspiring.