Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
4611 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dantonsseafood.com/
- Phone: (713) 807-8883
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday:5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Danton Lee Nix
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Danton's is the ideal place to host your next event. The entire restaurant can accommodate 200 guests, the Oyster Bar seats up to 50, and The "Bridge" is a semi-private area in the back of the main dining room that's slightly elevated and can accommodate up to 16 guests. The completely private Oyster Bar has oak paneled walls adorned with vintage pictures of family members and 2 large picture windows. It has its own stereo and plasma screen television for your audio and visual presentations (and/or entertainment) as well as its own A/C and full service bar. Each venue offers you the choice of our regular menu, a prix fixe menu, or a buffet for your guests to enjoy.
- Private Party Contact: Amanada Mendez 7138078883x
- Entertainment: Live Music on Sunday from 11am-4pm
- Special Events: Be sure to check out our daily and seasonal seafood specials!
A word from Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen is a seafood house reminiscent of days gone by. Located in the heart of Houston’s Museum District, in the eclectic Chelsea Market we invite you to come and enjoy fresh, flavorful Gulf Coast fare created by seasoned cook Danton Nix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
97 reviews since July 26, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (44)fit for foodies (41)special occasion (33)great for brunch (30)good for groups (30)romantic (23)great for lunch (21)notable wine list (8)late-night find (8)kid-friendly (4)scenic view (3)hot spot (3)vibrant bar scene (3)great for outdoor dining (3)Show More
- good food great fishOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/14/2014Everything we had was really good. The gumbo, garlic bread, creole seafood dish were all great. The peacan crusted red snapper though bkew everything else oit of the water as did the corn and crab chowder soup. The best side by far was the yams. They were like dessert!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Highly Recommend!JJUJDined on 11/11/2014Our family visiting from California wanted to dine on gourmet Texas seafood, especially oysters. Danton's was recommended by a friend. On line I read the menu and I knew the wide variety of oysters was perfect. Our dinning experience was an epicurean delight!!!!!! It was everything we had hoped. Our meal was not only delicious, but served well, service perfect and we visited until after 3:00. I live out of Houston and it was so easy to make our reservations on line. We will return often!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- First timer loved itCarrieVIPDined on 11/7/2014I am so happy to find this place as an alternative to the loud bustling Goode Company and Pappadeaux. The food was just as good and the more relaxed environment and dark, elegant vibe was great. It has the feel of a NY restaurant but has our Gulf Coast good fresh fish and cajun spun favorites. The menu is wonderful and very diverse. We all really enjoyed our meals and experience and will surely be returning and with guests.Special Features:
- Under Whelmed!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 11/5/2014Had high hopes for some great seafood and service. I would classify the food and service as very average. We were looking for something outstanding, so a little disappointed. Just visiting Houston and did not want to drive far from the hospital area. I would not go back.😞
- Excellent dining experienceHouTravelerDined on 11/1/2014My recent recent to Danton's was an overall excellent experience. Was seated immediately upon arriving at the restaurant. The service was prompt but not intrusive. I started with a Danton's Mary drink - a bloody mary but with a spicy reaux added in. I love spicy but it was a little too much for me. For an appetizer I had the Campenchana (sp?), a Mexican-style ceviche. It was loaded with fish, shrimp and crab and was probably the best ceviche I've ever had - right up there with the Pico's cerviches. For my entree I had blackened catfish. It was just ok - not nearly as good as the blackened catfish and Bayou City Seafood. The catfish filets were just too thin. Overall, a very nice dining experience!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food was good.PatticoDined on 10/31/2014Not very good ambience, we were disappointed. Service was good. Restaurant was empty, not a good sign. Our table was in a poor location. Waiter was nice, but maybe too friendly.
- Wonderful SeafoodYellowRoseDined on 10/30/2014We are Danton's regulars and took some out of town company on this occasion. The service was just right and the food was delicious. The 4 of us ordered different dishes and couldn't have been happier.Special Features:
- Excellent experienceFoodloverDined on 10/28/2014The food, ambiance and especially the service was excellent. Will definitely be back!Special Features:
- Everything was great!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/22/2014I brought a large group of 6 and everyone was more than pleased. We will be backSpecial Features:
- mealOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 10/19/2014Service was excellent. Food was delicious. People were extremely friendly. Band was good.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great food. New waiterOKtravelerDined on 10/16/2014The food was amazing and the ambiance is great. I had a new waiter in training but the atmosphere and food made up for the new person waiting on me.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Sunday BrunchTetonDined on 10/12/2014Good food- limited Sunday Brunch menu but supplemented by full menu options is you so choose. Great live jazz. Bloody Dantons easily beats a typical Mary for a cocktailSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Second time as good as the firstdssmichaelDined on 10/10/2014This time was the second one that I had eaten at Danton's. The first time was for Sunday jazz brunch and this time was for dinner. Danton's was great both times. The waiters were very attentive. The food was great. I would recommend the restaurant to anyone!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/7/2014The food definitely did not live up to what we read about it. The oysters on the half shell and oysters dan were very good. No one really liked there entree.
- Local gemMimineVIPDined on 9/28/2014Had wanted to try Danton's for a while. Jazz brunch was a perfect setting. This is gulf southern soul food. The Tasso oyster soup was delicious. Nice quiet vibe.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- excellent foodseafoodjunkyDined on 9/27/2014The food here was excellent as indicated by the reviewsSpecial Features:
- Mr DOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food is exceptional. Oysters are awesome. A bit slow sometimesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/20/2014outstanding dishes - onion rings, BBQ shrimp, garlic bread, gumbo, fresh gulf fishes, oysters 3 waysSpecial Features:
- DFWfoodieDined on 9/18/2014Recently, on a trip to Houston, we ate at Danton's Seafood Restaurant. The service was amazing, outshone only by the food. It was a totally delightful experience. We began with the soup du jour, a roasted poblano with crab meat, Oysters Johnny, and the Redfish grilled. All delicious without pretense. Our meal, with a bottle of nice wine was slightly over $100, which I thought was a bargain. I have and will continue to tell people about it.Special Features:
- kdekdemdDined on 9/17/2014The executive chef paid personal and special attention to my customized request and actually came to my table and served the dish. The meal was fabulous. You will find few places with that kind of service and concern for an unknown first time diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointing. FoodSadBrunchDined on 9/14/2014They were described as Cajun gulf coast seafood. The food was bland and fish was frozen and overcooked. The oysters Rockerfeller were gritty and cold. Very poor flavor.
- Very niceGee22Dined on 9/12/2014I took a first date here, and we loved it. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The service was good, and the menu had items that I would love to taste on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchJustgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food! Will come back again and again. They were short staffed and the waiter was very rushed. He turned out to be the manager. But a 4.5 overall. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Gulf CoastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014A group of friends were celebrating my birthday and I chose to go to Danton's because since I've moved down here I've fallen in love with Cajun cuisine. Danton's food was fresh, terrifically flavored, and the service is great. I would recommend this to anyone interested in trying a new seafood or Cajun dining experience.Special Features:
- Aug 30 Review-Danton'sBeer2WineDined on 8/29/2014Overall it was a good experience. Two things. One, entrees were brought while we're still eating our soup and salad. Small table, so there was barely room for all the plates. Two, a coffee was completely forgotten when we order dessert. Had to remind the waiter. Dessert was already half way gone. But the waiter was very polite. Lastly, the Crab bisque was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night at Danton'sDavisMarvelDined on 8/26/2014My first visit to this neat place near Montrose will not be my last. Celebrating a birthday for my best friend we ended up just ordering bits a pieces all night. Started with three dozen wonderful oysters and ended with Monkey Bread. Very strong Vodka and soda with lime to drink. Following the oysters we had gumbo an amazing huge bacon filled wedge salad, some fresh fried calamari. Sit on the Oyster Bar side had a great table by the window. Good time with good company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lostcauseDined on 8/22/2014great food only one issue ac was not working goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitdisappointedDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Danton's. I am not sure why, but we were expecting a more upscale dining experience. We were very surprised and disappointed that the a/c in the dining room did not work. Several fans were used to help move the air. There was also a broken or leaking water line outside as you approach the building - this was also strange - water covering the walk and driveway. Overall, our experience was one that left us lacking in appreciation for this restaurant. The food quality was adequate and we did enjoy our dinner. I got the feeling that Danton's was somehow trying to replicate a "French Quarter" experience??? It did not work, if that is the intent.
- Great Gulf Coast Seafood OfferingsTheBestCriticVIPDined on 8/19/2014We were a party of 9, and had a variety of appetizers and entrees, all of which were above average! But the Bread Pudding was OUTSTANDING!!! Wedge salad was crispy and covered with perfectly cooked bacon, it's definitely a dish for two (maybe three). Oysters on the half shell were fresh and tasty. Seafood Courtboullion was voted the best entree amongst the group, but be sure to ask for a side of white rice to mix in with it; one serving will easily feed two adults. Ric was our server who did a great job with our large group (lots of drink orders). First trip for the other guest who said they will be returning…soon.Special Features:
- Good Food - Outstanding ServiceMeXXVIPDined on 8/19/2014Six of us dined here for Restaurant Week so we tried about everything on the menu. Appetizer shrimp and wedge salad really good. All entrees excellent. And deserts great. The only thing better that the food was our waitress, Amanda. Dining should be an experience and not just good food. Amanda made this a GREAT dining experience! Refreshing to see someone who really enjoys their work and doesn't just show up!Special Features:
- Great HRW Optionjlmb3511Dined on 8/17/2014Great value option for HRW. The Brunch options and portion are excellent and plenty. Loved the classic traditional vibe and charm, and the staff were all accommodating and pleasant. Just good delicious Gulf Coast food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The food is very expensive considering the quality. A grilled red snapper costs $39, it is way too much. Crab cake is OK, but could be much better - try the one at Morton's steak house. Sunday brunch Jazz is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchmbirdDined on 8/17/2014We came for brunch which was great. I intend to return for dinner as the seafood dishes sounded fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchdssmichaelDined on 8/17/2014I loved the place. Great food and service. I had the boudin eggs benedict. Wonderful!!!! The only "down" side was that we sat too close to the jazz band, and it was a bit difficult to talk with others at our table. The band was good, though, so I'll just ask for a seat further away from them next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danton's Love The PlaceJrluvsfoodDined on 8/17/2014Dantons is the restaurant my husband and I love to go to every time were in Houston we go there now for brunch it is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfortably Hotkrs712Dined on 8/17/2014So so service, good food but ruined because it was so unpleasantly hot inside. Our entire party was sweating. Won't go back.
- Great Meal...Meh DessertsSethVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second trip to Danton's. Both times our meals have been excellent. I had a pecan crusted snapper, which was a special for the day, and it was the best snapper I have had. The only downer was the desserts. We have now tried two of their desserts, and both were okay, but not great. The food there is so well spiced and has such deep flavor, that the blah desserts are surprising.Special Features:
- New2HoustonDined on 8/14/2014For the price we paid, we were unimpressed. But the bartender made me an amazing cosmopolitan.Special Features:
- Repeat customerDonnaDined on 8/13/2014I usually enjoy this place but not tonite. The stuffed shrimp was mostly stuffing, the kids meal my grand daughter received was way too small and we asked for bread but didn't get any until after the meal was delivered. I hate to be negative because I live in the neighborhood, but after this experience, I'm not sure we will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingluvgreatfoodDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service at a reasonable price. It was a great ending to a stressful day at the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.