Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
4611 Montrose Blvd
Houston, TX 77006Neighborhood:
Midtown / Montrose
SeafoodPrice: $31 to $50
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.dantonsseafood.com/
- Phone: 7138078883x
- Hours of Operation:
Lunch: Monday - Saturday: 11:00am-2:30pm
Dinner: Monday - Saturday:5:30pm - 10:00pm
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: Steak, Seafood, Cajun
- Executive Chef: Danton Lee Nix
- Dress Code: Smart Casual
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Beer, Entertainment, Full Bar, Gluten-free Menu, Happy Hour, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Takeout, Weekend Brunch, Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Private Party Facilities: Danton's is the ideal place to host your next event. The entire restaurant can accommodate 200 guests, the Oyster Bar seats up to 50, and The "Bridge" is a semi-private area in the back of the main dining room that's slightly elevated and can accommodate up to 16 guests. The completely private Oyster Bar has oak paneled walls adorned with vintage pictures of family members and 2 large picture windows. It has its own stereo and plasma screen television for your audio and visual presentations (and/or entertainment) as well as its own A/C and full service bar. Each venue offers you the choice of our regular menu, a prix fixe menu, or a buffet for your guests to enjoy.
- Private Party Contact: Amanada Mendez 7138078883x
- Entertainment: Live Music on Sunday from 11am-4pm
- Special Events: Be sure to check out our daily and seasonal seafood specials!
A word from Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen
Danton’s Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen is a seafood house reminiscent of days gone by. Located in the heart of Houston’s Museum District, in the eclectic Chelsea Market we invite you to come and enjoy fresh, flavorful Gulf Coast fare created by seasoned cook Danton Nix.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerSeafood
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen - Best Restaurants in Midtown / Montrose ›
Danton's Gulf Coast Seafood Kitchen reviews from OpenTable diners
114 reviews since June 2, 2014
- Ambiance3.9Noise LevelModerate
neighborhood gem (45)special occasion (40)fit for foodies (40)great for brunch (33)romantic (31)good for groups (27)great for lunch (20)notable wine list (9)late-night find (7)kid-friendly (6)vibrant bar scene (5)hot spot (3)scenic view (2)great for outdoor dining (1)Show More
- Mr DOpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 9/26/2014The food is exceptional. Oysters are awesome. A bit slow sometimesSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2002VIPDined on 9/20/2014outstanding dishes - onion rings, BBQ shrimp, garlic bread, gumbo, fresh gulf fishes, oysters 3 waysSpecial Features:
- DFWfoodieDined on 9/18/2014Recently, on a trip to Houston, we ate at Danton's Seafood Restaurant. The service was amazing, outshone only by the food. It was a totally delightful experience. We began with the soup du jour, a roasted poblano with crab meat, Oysters Johnny, and the Redfish grilled. All delicious without pretense. Our meal, with a bottle of nice wine was slightly over $100, which I thought was a bargain. I have and will continue to tell people about it.Special Features:
- kdekdemdDined on 9/17/2014The executive chef paid personal and special attention to my customized request and actually came to my table and served the dish. The meal was fabulous. You will find few places with that kind of service and concern for an unknown first time diner.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- very disappointing. FoodSadBrunchDined on 9/14/2014They were described as Cajun gulf coast seafood. The food was bland and fish was frozen and overcooked. The oysters Rockerfeller were gritty and cold. Very poor flavor.
- Very niceGee22Dined on 9/12/2014I took a first date here, and we loved it. The food was excellent and reasonably priced. The service was good, and the menu had items that I would love to taste on my next visit.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Jazz BrunchJustgoodfoodDined on 8/31/2014Excellent food! Will come back again and again. They were short staffed and the waiter was very rushed. He turned out to be the manager. But a 4.5 overall. We'll be back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Love the Gulf CoastOpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/30/2014A group of friends were celebrating my birthday and I chose to go to Danton's because since I've moved down here I've fallen in love with Cajun cuisine. Danton's food was fresh, terrifically flavored, and the service is great. I would recommend this to anyone interested in trying a new seafood or Cajun dining experience.Special Features:
- Aug 30 Review-Danton'sBeer2WineDined on 8/29/2014Overall it was a good experience. Two things. One, entrees were brought while we're still eating our soup and salad. Small table, so there was barely room for all the plates. Two, a coffee was completely forgotten when we order dessert. Had to remind the waiter. Dessert was already half way gone. But the waiter was very polite. Lastly, the Crab bisque was excellent!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fantastic Night at Danton'sDavisMarvelDined on 8/26/2014My first visit to this neat place near Montrose will not be my last. Celebrating a birthday for my best friend we ended up just ordering bits a pieces all night. Started with three dozen wonderful oysters and ended with Monkey Bread. Very strong Vodka and soda with lime to drink. Following the oysters we had gumbo an amazing huge bacon filled wedge salad, some fresh fried calamari. Sit on the Oyster Bar side had a great table by the window. Good time with good company.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- lostcauseDined on 8/22/2014great food only one issue ac was not working goodSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- recent visitdisappointedDined on 8/22/2014This was our first visit to Danton's. I am not sure why, but we were expecting a more upscale dining experience. We were very surprised and disappointed that the a/c in the dining room did not work. Several fans were used to help move the air. There was also a broken or leaking water line outside as you approach the building - this was also strange - water covering the walk and driveway. Overall, our experience was one that left us lacking in appreciation for this restaurant. The food quality was adequate and we did enjoy our dinner. I got the feeling that Danton's was somehow trying to replicate a "French Quarter" experience??? It did not work, if that is the intent.
- Great Gulf Coast Seafood OfferingsTheBestCriticVIPDined on 8/19/2014We were a party of 9, and had a variety of appetizers and entrees, all of which were above average! But the Bread Pudding was OUTSTANDING!!! Wedge salad was crispy and covered with perfectly cooked bacon, it's definitely a dish for two (maybe three). Oysters on the half shell were fresh and tasty. Seafood Courtboullion was voted the best entree amongst the group, but be sure to ask for a side of white rice to mix in with it; one serving will easily feed two adults. Ric was our server who did a great job with our large group (lots of drink orders). First trip for the other guest who said they will be returning…soon.Special Features:
- Good Food - Outstanding ServiceMeXXVIPDined on 8/19/2014Six of us dined here for Restaurant Week so we tried about everything on the menu. Appetizer shrimp and wedge salad really good. All entrees excellent. And deserts great. The only thing better that the food was our waitress, Amanda. Dining should be an experience and not just good food. Amanda made this a GREAT dining experience! Refreshing to see someone who really enjoys their work and doesn't just show up!Special Features:
- Great HRW Optionjlmb3511Dined on 8/17/2014Great value option for HRW. The Brunch options and portion are excellent and plenty. Loved the classic traditional vibe and charm, and the staff were all accommodating and pleasant. Just good delicious Gulf Coast food!Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 8/17/2014The food is very expensive considering the quality. A grilled red snapper costs $39, it is way too much. Crab cake is OK, but could be much better - try the one at Morton's steak house. Sunday brunch Jazz is great.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- brunchmbirdDined on 8/17/2014We came for brunch which was great. I intend to return for dinner as the seafood dishes sounded fantastic.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful brunchdssmichaelDined on 8/17/2014I loved the place. Great food and service. I had the boudin eggs benedict. Wonderful!!!! The only "down" side was that we sat too close to the jazz band, and it was a bit difficult to talk with others at our table. The band was good, though, so I'll just ask for a seat further away from them next time.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Danton's Love The PlaceJrluvsfoodDined on 8/17/2014Dantons is the restaurant my husband and I love to go to every time were in Houston we go there now for brunch it is fabulous!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Uncomfortably Hotkrs712Dined on 8/17/2014So so service, good food but ruined because it was so unpleasantly hot inside. Our entire party was sweating. Won't go back.
- Great Meal...Meh DessertsSethVIPDined on 8/16/2014This was our second trip to Danton's. Both times our meals have been excellent. I had a pecan crusted snapper, which was a special for the day, and it was the best snapper I have had. The only downer was the desserts. We have now tried two of their desserts, and both were okay, but not great. The food there is so well spiced and has such deep flavor, that the blah desserts are surprising.Special Features:
- New2HoustonDined on 8/14/2014For the price we paid, we were unimpressed. But the bartender made me an amazing cosmopolitan.Special Features:
- Repeat customerDonnaDined on 8/13/2014I usually enjoy this place but not tonite. The stuffed shrimp was mostly stuffing, the kids meal my grand daughter received was way too small and we asked for bread but didn't get any until after the meal was delivered. I hate to be negative because I live in the neighborhood, but after this experience, I'm not sure we will try it again.I would recommend this to a friend.
- relaxingluvgreatfoodDined on 8/7/2014Great food and service at a reasonable price. It was a great ending to a stressful day at the office.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 8/3/2014The band was a bit loud I could not heart party talkingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DiningcriticdiningcriticDined on 8/1/2014Preparation & freshness outstanding. Portions extremely large & smaller servings better & more pleasing. Disappointed that such a fine place does not have espresso coffee to offer. Service & detail excellent.Special Features:
- Great foodGBM3Dined on 8/1/2014Too rushed by servers. Received entree before appetizers were finished.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good but not PerfectOpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 7/28/2014The service and ambiance was top notch. The food tasted good but it felt as though the menu was 5 star 2 decades ago. But now it doesn't seem worth the hefty price tag.Special Features:
- Always GreatCharlieVIPDined on 7/27/2014Danton's is our go-to place in Houston for gulf coast seafood. I would rate their food right up there with Arnaud's and Galatoire's in New Orleans. They have the best gumbo in Houston, and the owners Kyle Teas and Danton Nix always make you feel at home. This was our first experience with their Sunday blues brunch, where they have a live blues band playing great music. We will definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 7/24/2014The service was great, the food is overpriced for the quality. I had crab augratin and had to pick out bits of shell. Not what i would expect from a $30 entree.Special Features:
- OpenTable Diner Since 2011Dined on 7/23/2014Nothing to say about the inside of the restaurant which is great. The food is absolutely too expensive for the quality they propose. The shrimps were impossible to eat the ammount of unecessary spices put on top. Not recommended..
- Loved it!!!JC2010Dined on 7/21/2014The food and service was excellent!!! The crab and corn bisque was the best I have ever tasted!!! Everything was EXCELLENT I'll dine there again!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Delightful Blues BrunchDinerHLMVIPDined on 7/20/2014Once again the music and food were amazing! My mother was in town for a long weekend to celebrate her birthday, so I decided that Sunday brunch at Danton's was the way to go. Wonderful decision! The oyster stew was delicious! We had the grilled shrimp blt and grilled shrimp & tasso sandwhich, and both were awesome! Our service was a bit lackluster, but not bad. I had made a note when making the reservation that it was my Mom's birthday. I had hoped that when her dessert came out, that maybe a candle or singing would be included. But, I dont think our server was made aware, and I didnt want to say anything in front of her.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- fly trapsOpenTable Diner Since 2006Dined on 7/20/2014food was great, nice jazz for brunch but didn't enjoy looking at fly traps in window.Special Features:
- Birthday Blues BrunchDatenightDined on 7/20/2014Absolutely wonderful ! Food, service, music...the whole package ! Our server was Wendell, and he was helpful, attentive, but not intrusive. The food was really over the top...my husband, who has traveled the world for business, rated it as one of the top 5 meals he's ever had...anywhere... The Danton's Bloody Mary was especially tasty ! We will definitely return !Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- SaturdayDateNightDined on 7/19/2014My husband and I enjoyed our Saturday night dinner. The food was excellent but I just hate been nickeled and dimed for everything. The entrees which cost between $30 and $45 come with two sides from a set list of not very interesting sides - cole slaw, yams, rice, french fries. If you want a simple unimaginative dinner salad it is $1.50 extra. Seriously! My husband's dinner came with pasta (the chef determines this) so he got no sides as the pasta counts as two. The menu does not indicate this and since he had already decided he wanted a salad and french fries as he ordered them anyway. (I know who eats french fries when they have pasta?) Anyway, there was an up charge of $9.90 for the salad and fries. Ridiculous!
- Local SeafoodJackVIPDined on 7/18/2014Easily the BEST seafood restaurant in Houston. Local seafood excellently seasoned.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- WhitVIPDined on 7/17/2014Excellent seafood served in Louisiana style, although it can also be ordered simply grilled for those who do not want a spicy version. Very reasonable prices and selections for their wine list adds to the enjoyment of this wonderful restaurant.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentBrodie527Dined on 7/11/2014We had the pecan crusted snapper which was prepared perfectly and also the seafood courtboullion which is fantastic. The seafood cb is an old school Cajun dish that is not on many menus and the version at Danton's is one of the best I have ever had. Also had the Crab Danton appetizer which everyone should try.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- OpenTable Diner Since 2013Dined on 6/29/2014Great brunch venue. Always good food and the jazz group is just as goodSpecial Features: