2247 Professor Ave
Tremont, OH 44113Neighborhood:
AmericanPrice: $31 to $50
- Dining Style: Casual Elegant
- Website: http://www.restaurantdante.us/
- Phone: (216) 274-1200
- Hours of Operation:
Dinner: Monday - Thursday: 4:30pm - 11:00pm
Friday & Saturday: 4:30pm - 12:00am
- Payment Options: AMEX,Discover,MasterCard,Visa
- Cuisine: American, Italian
- Executive Chef: Dante Boccuzzi
- Dress Code: Casual Dress
- Accepts Walk-Ins: Yes
- Additional Details: Banquet/Private Rooms, Bar Dining, Bar/Lounge, Beer, Chef's Table, Delivery, Farm to Table, Fireplace, Full Bar, Happy Hour, Late Night, Non-Smoking Area, Non-Smoking Restaurant, Patio/Outdoor Dining, Personal wines welcome, Personal wines welcome (corkage fee applies), Private Room, Smoking Area, Smoking Area (patio only), Wheelchair Access, Wine
- Catering: DANTE restaurant can provide food and beverages for any occasion and party size.
- Private Party Facilities: Our private party room seats comfortably 20 people. In warmer months the outside garden patio can be utilized in conjunction with the private room.
- Private Party Contact: Monica Ferrari 9176605334x
A word from DANTE
Enjoy Michelin-starred chef Dante Boccuzzi"s signature restaurant DANTE. Located in a historic bank building in Tremont, DANTE restaurant has become one of Cleveland's premier dining spots. The decor features designs and works of art from local artists. Guests may choose from an a la Carte Menu or a Chef's Tasting Menu. Experience the excitement of dining in the kitchen as Chef Dante prepares and serves you a multiple course tasting menu.Continued
Foodspotting photosSee all photos
Awards voted by OpenTable diners
- Diners' Choice WinnerFit for Foodies
- Diners' Choice WinnerAmerican
DANTE - Best Restaurants in Tremont ›
DANTE reviews from OpenTable diners
193 reviews since July 28, 2014
- Ambiance4.3Noise LevelModerate
fit for foodies (141)special occasion (111)neighborhood gem (95)romantic (91)notable wine list (77)hot spot (60)good for groups (41)vibrant bar scene (23)great for outdoor dining (13)late-night find (13)great for brunch (3)great for lunch (2)scenic view (1)kid-friendly (1)Show More
- Slow Kitchen in a heavy rushmbg0Dined on 11/21/2014Great Food, Great Servers and staff. The portion concept is brilliant - taste, app, or dinner. The taste was actually very large - looked to be about 6 ounces. The appetizer portion was also large but not overwhelmingly so. The food itself was delicious and very well prepared and presented. The noise level is close to unbearable and because it appeared to be an old redone bank building sort of understandable but we wished some accoustic baffling had been considered. The lighting was extremely low - hard to read the menu. I intend to bring guests to try the dessert tasting menu.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Extremely FrustratedDisappointedDined on 11/21/2014Your food was excellent. No complaints there. Our server was inconsistent. When we asked for a quieter table, he said that all tables were full and he could do nothing. When a quieter table opened up he didn't notice. We had to go to the kitchen to request the change. The back room was insufferably LOUD. A group of 12 twenty-somethings were bellowing to one another--literally shouting across the extended table--as though they were the only ones in the room. It was very unpleasant. I left feeling exhausted from the noise. The atmosphere contradicted the excellence in cuisine, and it will take a lot to get me back there.Special Features:
- Superb!CLEkateDined on 11/21/2014My husband took me to Dante for my birthday. We were both looking forward to going and it didn't disappoint. We did "The Experience" which was the 5 course dinner and it was absolutely delicious!! We would both rank this meal in our top 10 of all time. I highly recommend this so that you get to try a little of everything. Plus you don't have to pick the courses, the chef picks them for you and they even make you special things that are not on the menu. Our 4th course was a short rib Wellington which was one of the best things I've ever eaten. Our service was impeccable and the wine/champagne list was top notch. Highly recommend the rose champagne (Heaven;) and my husband had an Oregon Pinot noir that was excellent! Dante was an amazing experience. Can't wait to go back.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Food for FOODIES & all who enjoy really good food.JRV6VIPDined on 11/20/2014Excellent quality and execution of all dishes with amazing creativity in the preparation and presentation allowing the food flavors to be the star of the dish. Service is attentive, but not intrusive in a laid back relax atmosphere. I travel to Cleveland a couple of times a year and although I am always looking for new places to try, Dante's is always the one restaurant I keep going back every visit. A real GEM, wish Dante will open a restaurant in Atlanta where I am from.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentAirManDined on 11/20/2014This was our first time at Dante and everything was very good. My wife had the duck, our friend the salmon, and I had the sea bass. Our friend described the meal as "over the top" and said she was going to bring her family there. It is expensive, but we thought well worth it.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Fabulous!traveltooVIPDined on 11/20/2014Love this restaurant ... Atmosphere is appealing, service is extremely professional, and the food is sublime!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- FabulousOpenTable Diner Since 2014VIPDined on 11/19/2014Excellent soups, pastas and risotto. Will be back soon for the trout.I would recommend this to a friend.
- love to eateatwelleatoftenDined on 11/15/2014Dante's and his other restaurants are a favorite of ours. The food is always amazing, the service is wonderful. The only complaint I have was the noise level. The restaurant and bar were packed and they felt it necessary to blast music, making everyone talk louder and louder until we just could not hear each other. This was the first time the music was so loud, but let's be honest, with a packed house, no music is needed. I will be back and I hope this was just a one time occurrence, because we LOVE your food!!!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Amazing food every time, so close to home!FoodConnoisseursDined on 11/14/2014This is such a great find! We love all kinds of food and we love the Chef's dinner. You will be pleasantly surprised by all the amazing creations that are presented to the table. All the food is very well described when it is presented,and our server is very knowledgeable and friendly and accommodating at all times.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- menu executionwinemanVIPDined on 11/7/2014Service started slow but good recovery by waiter. Although Dante is one of the neighborhood anchors, the chef failed to execute his new menu well. Our bottle of wine was the f&b highlight of the evening, but then, you can't easily mess that up!
- Mix of flavors and texturesBobMcVIPDined on 11/7/2014We have dined at DBA in Akron on a couple of occasions. This was our first experience at the Tremont location. If you are looking for a variety of options this is not the place for you. If you are looking to experience flavor and combination of foods that you never thought possible, then this is the place for you. I had the sea bass, which was out of this world while my wife went with the tuna tartar and broth. She says the broth (and dumplings) was nothing spectacular but the tuna was fantastic. There are several options in the area, and I recommend trying many of them, but do not pass up this tasting experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Excellent for businessUser505VIPDined on 11/5/2014Good service and excellent food it was great choice for a business meetingSpecial Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Awesome 🙆FlintstoneDined on 11/1/2014A great mix of classic Italian pastas and contemporary offerings. The Pork Osso Bucco is great for the cool fall days and the pasta carbonara with a real poached egg can't be beat.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- limited food selectionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 11/1/2014The food selection was very limited. Everything we ordered had an excessive amount of salt and some very odd ingredients. Very overpriced for the food.
- Exemplary!FinediningnutsDined on 11/1/2014We live closer to Akron than Cleveland and have enjoyed DBA there a lot, BUT DBA in Tremont is fantastic! The food and the service were outstanding. Being "fine dining crazies", this fit us to a tee!Special Features:
- An Excellent FindDavidDined on 10/27/2014I hadn't been to Cleveland in years and a friend recommended Dante's for a business dinner. We had a table in the vault, which is really cool and I'd highly recommend it if you can reserve it. The menu changes at least quarterly and everything is seasonal, all excellent with a good array of menu choices. The portions are relattively large, and well prepared and presented. The cured meat appetizer is definitely something to consider, since all of their cured/smoked meats are done in-house and are amazing. My associates ordered cocktails that were very well prepared. There are a number of good wines by the glass as well. The wine list is broad and has a lot of excellent options. Overall, this was an excellent evening.Special Features:
- Great, as usual!CLEdinerDined on 10/25/2014This is one of our favorite spots. The pastas were so good! I also enjoyed the brussels sprout/squash appetizer. Service was friendly and right on point.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Maybe the best meal everTootsVIPDined on 10/25/2014This was not our first visit to Dante, but it had been awhile since we were last there. We were celebrating my husband's birthday and decided to have the chef's tasting menu with wine. Service was excellent and the meal was amazing! It seemed as though the menu was created just for us as none of the items served were on the main menu. We loved everything and the wine parings were perfect. One course was ravioli with short ribs in a crab sauce - sounds odd - but was absolutely delicious but then everything was absolutely delicious. This was probably the best meal we have ever had, and I say this after having eaten at the original Robochon's, Lespinase, Charlie Trotters and Gary Danko. Can't wait to return for my birthday in November.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great placeNochkaDined on 10/23/2014My husband and I went there with another couple to celebrate our anniversary. Three of us ordered five-course surprise meal. It was delicious and even though portions were small, it was more then enough and we (girls) had to pack some leftovers to go. My other friend ordered from the menu. His salmon was amazing- it was melting in the mouth! For the last course they brought us the deserts (full size) - and it was incredible. Strongly recommend that place to anyone who loves great fancy food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- A Great NightGMoneyDined on 10/22/2014My wife and I went for our 20th anniversary. From the time we entered util the time we left it was fantastic. I ordered the "Expeience" and it seemed like the chef had known me my whole life as everything that came out was food that I love. The wine pairings were wonderful. It was a lot of food, so go there hungry. Our waiter was excellent and gave us a detailed description of each course. I really don't know how it could be better.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Wonderful ServiceWeLuv2eatDined on 10/20/2014The food and service were top notch. The extra care that the staff put into our experience was great. The food?! We over stuffed ourselves--- everything was amazing!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- way too noisyllamagrandeDined on 10/17/2014Had dinner at dante for first tome - disappointed. Very noisy - couldn't even hear server tell us specials. There was private party in dining room complete with slide show and microphone. Efforts to screen them off didn't limit the noise. Why dante would agree to a party in middle of room on friday nite is mystery. Food was underwhelming but our server was first class.
- An anniversary treatcalvert13Dined on 10/16/2014This was our first visit to Dante and will not be our last! The food was amazing from appetizer to dessert. Great service. Nice selection of both food and beverage. Love the Tremont neighborhood!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- One of my Cleveland faves!!OpenTable Diner Since 2012Dined on 10/11/2014Dante is always a great experience! I loved the food and atmosphere as always!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- charlieDined on 10/11/2014I think this is probably one of THE top restaurants in Cleveland, hands down. We got the reverse tasting menu. Everything came out at perfect temperature, and I loved every taste. We traveled to Chicago and Boston recently and dined at some of their higher end restaurants. This was the best meal by far.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- DisappointedReviewer123Dined on 10/11/2014We were really looking forward to trying this restaurant. The feel of the place, the service, and the menu were all very good. The food was just ok. There wasn't one dish that I'd order again- I didn't finish anything. Maybe it was an off night in the kitchen?
- Best servers anywhere!jmouseDined on 10/11/2014Our 35th anniversary was made even more special by the excellent food and thoughtful and well informed servers. What a great evening. The salmon over risotto was the most delicious I've ever tasted..Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- ExcellentShipskVIPDined on 10/10/2014Consistently a fabulous meal. Can't wait for our next meal at Dante.Special Features:
- Tremendous Service and foodBigguyVIPDined on 10/8/2014One of the best dining experiences in Cleveland. Always unique and exciting. Very innovative and true to the food.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- jaybird1Dined on 10/4/2014I was disappointed in the food selection. The serve was poor the waiter hardly came to see if we needed anything and when we had questions regarding the menu he was rude.Special Features:
- Special OccasionOpenTable Diner Since 2014Dined on 10/3/2014We had a great experience for our anniversary. The atmosphere was outstanding, the food was excellent and the service was impeccable! We highly recommend Dante! Thanks for a great evening!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta to die forctownfoodieDined on 10/3/2014I cannot say enough about this restaurant. The ambiance is awesome (an old bank). I've been 3-4 times and this time we sat next to the vault door which was very cool! In the past, we've enjoyed the patio, which is beautiful as well. I love the hummus served with the bread (in an old album melted into a bowl). I love the Pappardelle Bolognese! I dream about this dish! The Bolognese itself has such a great depth of flavor, and the pappardelle is cooked to a PERFECT al dente! My partner gets the Linguine Carbonara and I have never seen any other meal bring such a joy to her face! One of these days I will venture out and try their tasting menu, but I can't get enough of the Bolognese! Server was fabulous!Special Features:
- Food disappointingKnowwhatsup40Dined on 10/1/2014Great bartender. Nice private dining rooms. But tartlet was dry. Lobster spring rolls were dry, tasted old. Pasta carbonara was tasteless. Really bummed out on food. Had dantes food at the old lockkeepers space and it was awesome. So this experience not so good but would try again.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Great Tremont RestaurantRegularDinersDined on 9/29/2014This was our first visit to DANTE and we loved the uniqueness of this establishment. It truly is a neighborhood gem. Most of our meal choices were outstanding, such as the Snow Crab Salad, Ravioli, Linguine and Scallops. The soup was satisfactory, but the Barley Risoto was under seasoned and mismatched with salmon, rather than something more complimentary such as pork belly. The 3 oz. wine pours were a bit pricey. All things considered, however, we were pleased with this dining experience.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Very pleasant evening outThe2ofusDined on 9/27/2014My wife and I had reservations for a late evening dinner and were received warmly and shown to our table with just a few moments wait. The hostess acknowledged the special request I had left on the reservation form, which I appreciated. Service was friendly and helpful and the food was excellent. We will certainly retain Dante on the list of places to return to.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Pasta, Pasta, PastaFireman11Dined on 9/27/2014Hand made fresh pasta used in very unique ways that make your taste buds sing.Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.
- Good Food; Expensive DrinksAnonymousDined on 9/27/2014I thought overall the food was very good, drinks were a little pricey.Special Features:
- italy comes to clevelandPhilVIPDined on 9/26/2014enjoyed a fabulous meal at the chef's table. Beautiful and delizioso tasting menu that takes you through a menagerie of culinary sensations and flavors. Having been to the best of restaurants in NYC and Milan and Rome, and elsewhere, this one rates at the top.Special Features:
- A wonderful experience!Pink16FlamingoDined on 9/26/2014An excellent menu of items presented in such a way that you were able to try several of them. The food was excellent and we had great fun in a terrific atmosphere. Service was exceptional. Dante is not just a restaurant, it is an experience!! You should try it!Special Features:
- Great for foodiesWeRFoodiesDined on 9/20/2014We had the 5 course sampler. It was fantastic! It was a fun experience to have the chef create a special meal just for you! I would definitely go back!Special Features:I would recommend this to a friend.